View Postraymee101, on Aug 08 2017 - 04:42, said:

I normally buy all the premiums

HI_FIVE #62 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:11

Major

• Players
  • 44185 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostExzellenz, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:33, said:

AND NO TOURNAMENTS OTHER THAN TIER X!!!!!!!!!!!!!!   Are you people complete MORONS?? Your lower Tier player base is going to absolutely evaporate.

doubtful

HI_FIVE #63 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:16

Major

• Players
  • 44185 battles
  • [V--S] V--S

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 21:04, said:

Gonna call it now, in a weeks time, the map will be stagnant, about 20 clans, probably the guys defending this here; VILIN, OTTER, RELIC (all of 7 of you or however many there are), CLAWS, YOUJO, FD_UP, ect... will have most if not all of the tier 10 map owned and it will go stagnant. We all saw the tier 10 map last season and thats exactly what happened.

Sweet. you mentioned us in your rant. First time i seen that. TY very much. Umm. FD_UP is recruiting. Come get your free cookies and beer/vodka/gin/gatorade/water once you join. But to be honest bro. We started out as a small clan and built our way up and continue to build. We are no powerhouse like the top 10 clans. But we do our best, well most of the time. If we can do it. So can you other so called smaller clans. The more Tier 10 clans the better. 

Zuhl72 #64 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:56

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14418 battles
Well you have virtually ensured that my clan won't be able to participate and we won tier 6 season 5

Zuhl72 #65 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:59

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14418 battles

View PostHI_FIVE, on Aug 08 2017 - 06:16, said:

Sweet. you mentioned us in your rant. First time i seen that. TY very much. Umm. FD_UP is recruiting. Come get your free cookies and beer/vodka/gin/gatorade/water once you join. But to be honest bro. We started out as a small clan and built our way up and continue to build. We are no powerhouse like the top 10 clans. But we do our best, well most of the time. If we can do it. So can you other so called smaller clans. The more Tier 10 clans the better. 

​Problem is the clans building now won't be able to buy members. My clan is reforming after we just won tier6 last season and we were reforming under a new name to go to tier 8. Now we are totally screwed.

smol_kawaii_light_tank #66 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:11

Corporal

• Players
  • 27012 battles
  • [200IQ] 200IQ

You can blame the change from the chip system (one chip per player, one tank per chip) to the 'influence' system for the entirety of the X map being owned by a very few clans, assuming that happens at all (Although mostly the map from last season was TINY, I very much miss the old NA map. Back then it was top clans competing areas with high gold density (3-5 good 'gold pots) and everyone else competing on the rest of the map for whatever gold they could earn.

There used to be hundreds of clans competing for spots on the old NA map, all at tier X, all 15v15. Alliances used to matter because one clan could only commit so many chips (you could theoretically have full stacks of 15 tanks on 6 provinces, with 10 chips to spare assuming the clan is full).

Now? Now top clans can just grind all the influence they need to hold as much land as they can get their hands on, and since gold pots are dead, they're encouraged to do so.

I started out in TL-DR, we were able to fight on the fringes of map where we were good enough to beat camping pubbies out of their provinces. That was a really good experience for me getting into clan wars, but it no longer exists, both because top clans can spread their lines as far as their influence allows, and because the map is smaller.

Tier VI and tier VIII do not belong on the global map at all imo, especially not in 7v7 and 10v10 formats.

For the record, HAVOK currently has 28 provinces on the southern tier X map. Thanks, influence system! That would literally never happen under the chip system.

Edited by Kawaii_Little_Light_Tank, Aug 08 2017 - 07:20.

BookHorse #67 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4826 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO

View PostZuhl72, on Aug 08 2017 - 06:56, said:

Well you have virtually ensured that my clan won't be able to participate and we won tier 6 season 5

Well what is stopping you from playing on the Tier X map?

If you don't have Tier X's then start grinding, if your clan won't play CW then join a new one, and if you don't have the skill to play at Tier X then try to learn and get better.

Not everyone needs a participation prize.

Fulcrous #68 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:45

Major

• WGLNA Gold League Player
  • 31872 battles
  • [BULBA] BULBA

View Postone_fifty, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:49, said:

Wow Fulcrous, you really sound like you know what your talking about. You also sound condescending and pompous. As if you and the other 10%ers were handing out favors  to the lonely masses. What a crock! With so many  top clan member here defending this action  by WG I'm reminded of an old saying "guilty dog barks first". Your clans probable had something to do with this change. 

If you'd rather make some ~sub 100 figure a day at tier 6, be my guest.

Nothing is stopping you from holding a couple pieces of land for even more gold but yourself.

Are you even aware of how many provinces there are? There's probably going to be no way top clans can amass all that gold by themselves.
I'm sure if you put in the effort, you can easily make more gold than before by holding even less land.

View PostDa1niper, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:15, said:

Another thing, why does it matter to the big clans whether or not there are 6/8's? You guys sure or defending WG on this. You dont participate in 6/8's, the clans that stayed there dont waste your time in battles where it is so lopsided its comical... 6/8's may have well been on a different planet. So whats the deal? Whats so threatening about 6/8's that it must simply not exist? Is it because when they do the seasons where they start at 6, jup to 8's and end 10's, you guys get beaten at a lower tier? Thats the only thing I can think of. 6/8's must be a BIG threat to you lot.

Considering how even campaigns go and even the lower tiers are dominated by the top clans, I don't see your point.

Every_Good_Name_Is_Taken #69 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:02

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16988 battles

So i hear this is the thread to be at for all the pubbie tears im a little thirsty.

Huck_ #70 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:04

Major

• Players
  • 34468 battles

5D won the latest tier 6 season. Their members average over 23,000 battles, and they have three sub-clans:

Spoiler

So spare me the predictable "young clans need room to grow" or "we don't have the tanks" bullsh1t. Tier 6 didn't provide 5D with even competition and it didn't provide them with a stepping stone on the path to tier 10 clan wars. It did the opposite - it provided a haven for very experienced, very average 48% win rate players to move backwards from tier 10 and beat up on clans that were even worse, and receive rewards for doing it oh so well. And 5D was just one "clan" out of many that regressed for baubles and a participation trophy from wargaming. 

Tier 6 was an end-game abomination and Tier 8 wasn't much better. Learn to play at tier 10 like everyone else did instead of languishing on the treadmill of mediocrity.

S_H_A_U_N #71 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 11:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34491 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostZuhl72, on Aug 08 2017 - 05:59, said:

​Problem is the clans building now won't be able to buy members. My clan is reforming after we just won tier6 last season and we were reforming under a new name to go to tier 8. Now we are totally screwed.

What clan won Tier 6, if your referencing to 5D, how many provinces did you guys hold for the whole season? If I recall correctly it was ZERO

beachead08 #72 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 14:54

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 29490 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

I get some of what tier 6/8 clans are saying.  I spent a lot of time on those maps in the past.  You are in your comfort zone.  I didn't really appreciate clan wars until I got into the 10's, now I'd never want to go back.  Give it a try, I bet most of you will come to enjoy it.

As has been stated you don't need to own a lot of land to get rewards, you can earn a lot from just the task and if you want you can hold some land for steady income.  Most clans should be able to do this even raiding one or two nights per week.  Understand, unlike before with the split map and reduced tier 10 area, now ALL clans of ALL skill levels will be on the same playing surface.  The "top" ten clans will have their hands full holding land now, and if any clans do strike them there is little fear of upsetting that top clan as they will be busy on so many fronts.  Remember top clans are also affected by tank locking and player availability.  I suspect it will be very difficult for top clans to hold large tracts of land now.  Further, with a larger map and more clans competing it should mean clans are able to find other clans of comparable stats to attack.  This was impossible before since there were only a small number of provinces and clans on the big boy map.  Not the case any longer!  Further, most top ten clans I know prefer to have competitive fights, not just stomping the smaller clans, they want fights too not just farming.  Most will not be specifically targeting those smaller clans just striking them if they are in the way.  

Look at this as a way to drive your players to get better tanks, learn new strats, get more rewards including gold.  I agree that it sucks WG drops this at the last minute without warning, however if you could do it at tier 6/8 you can do it at tier 10, you won't be on top of the leaderboard as you were in those tiers but you can be competitive and make some loot for your clan and have fun along the way.  Give it a try!

Zuhl72 #73 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:48

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14418 battles

View PostShaunvonIng, on Aug 08 2017 - 11:30, said:

What clan won Tier 6, if your referencing to 5D, how many provinces did you guys hold for the whole season? If I recall correctly it was ZERO

See that? Yeah we won. That's the first place logo awarded for Season 5 on my tank. Victory points wins the season not how many landing zones you own. 

Zuhl72 #74 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:51

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14418 battles

View PostHuck_, on Aug 08 2017 - 08:04, said:

5D won the latest tier 6 season. Their members average over 23,000 battles, and they have three sub-clans:

Spoiler

So spare me the predictable "young clans need room to grow" or "we don't have the tanks" bullsh1t. Tier 6 didn't provide 5D with even competition and it didn't provide them with a stepping stone on the path to tier 10 clan wars. It did the opposite - it provided a haven for very experienced, very average 48% win rate players to move backwards from tier 10 and beat up on clans that were even worse, and receive rewards for doing it oh so well. And 5D was just one "clan" out of many that regressed for baubles and a participation trophy from wargaming. 

Tier 6 was an end-game abomination and Tier 8 wasn't much better. Learn to play at tier 10 like everyone else did instead of languishing on the treadmill of mediocrity.

​A large number of us left to form a new group and are no longer affiliated with 5d to move to tier 8.

Zuhl72 #75 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:52

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14418 battles

View PostSeras_VI, on Aug 08 2017 - 07:29, said:

Well what is stopping you from playing on the Tier X map?

If you don't have Tier X's then start grinding, if your clan won't play CW then join a new one, and if you don't have the skill to play at Tier X then try to learn and get better.

Not everyone needs a participation prize.

​I have plenty of tanks but we reformed a new clan and not everyone can say the same.

dominator_98 #76 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 21181 battles
  • [NUFFS] NUFFS

View Postbeachead08, on Aug 08 2017 - 07:54, said:

I get some of what tier 6/8 clans are saying.  I spent a lot of time on those maps in the past.  You are in your comfort zone.  I didn't really appreciate clan wars until I got into the 10's, now I'd never want to go back.  Give it a try, I bet most of you will come to enjoy it.

As has been stated you don't need to own a lot of land to get rewards, you can earn a lot from just the task and if you want you can hold some land for steady income.  Most clans should be able to do this even raiding one or two nights per week.  Understand, unlike before with the split map and reduced tier 10 area, now ALL clans of ALL skill levels will be on the same playing surface.  The "top" ten clans will have their hands full holding land now, and if any clans do strike them there is little fear of upsetting that top clan as they will be busy on so many fronts.  Remember top clans are also affected by tank locking and player availability.  I suspect it will be very difficult for top clans to hold large tracts of land now.  Further, with a larger map and more clans competing it should mean clans are able to find other clans of comparable stats to attack.  This was impossible before since there were only a small number of provinces and clans on the big boy map.  Not the case any longer!  Further, most top ten clans I know prefer to have competitive fights, not just stomping the smaller clans, they want fights too not just farming.  Most will not be specifically targeting those smaller clans just striking them if they are in the way.  

Look at this as a way to drive your players to get better tanks, learn new strats, get more rewards including gold.  I agree that it sucks WG drops this at the last minute without warning, however if you could do it at tier 6/8 you can do it at tier 10, you won't be on top of the leaderboard as you were in those tiers but you can be competitive and make some loot for your clan and have fun along the way.  Give it a try!

Right on, man. I couldn't have said it better myself. And for the record, I am in one of the tier 6 clans.

S_H_A_U_N #77 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:39

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34491 battles
  • [RDDT] RDDT

View PostZuhl72, on Aug 08 2017 - 15:48, said:

See that? Yeah we won. That's the first place logo awarded for Season 5 on my tank. Victory points wins the season not how many landing zones you own. 

Let me ask you this, can you honestly say that your clan was the most competitive on that Map?

Silverbullet #78 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:53

Sergeant

• Players
  • 37791 battles
  • [AO] AO
I am so glad the map is back to all tier 10 like it was when i first started in clan wars, it gave me the want to get the next tier 10 tank to take part in clan wars. The tier 6 & 8 clan wars seemed to me IMO worthless to even play on the global map and ever sense the 6 & 8 were brought to the global map there hasn't been a war on the global map of worth chatting about on the forums. Maybe this season there will be a war like there used to be and it was fun taking part in the wars on the global map even if your clan was taking property behind the big clans that where pushing every night while you had clan holding there back side's. And the diplo it took to even be on the map or take part in the war was always a blast as well. My clan and myself can not wait for the new season to start. For all you others that say you can't hack it, well put your big girl pants on and suck it up. You never know you might learn something from this season. 

Edge_of_Insanity #79 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:09

Captain

• Players
  • 19148 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

Literally this thread. If you want land work for it, That is how you will get better, that is how you earn gold, that is how you earn anything in life.

Yankee #80 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:22

Major

• -Players-
  • 36805 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
There shouldn't be tier 6 clans, or tier 8 clans, or tier 10 clans, just clans.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users