Jump to content


CW. Tier 10 only. [expletive]


  • Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

mojave #261 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 15:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22275 battles
  • 198
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostSPACEDUDE71, on Sep 05 2017 - 14:34, said:

How does t6 and t8 clanwars affect t10 clan wars?
All i see now is less content for anyone with no t10 tanks.
I just dont see how t6 clan wars has anything to do with t10.

 

It was the movement of players. With the introduction of tier 6 and 8 clan wars less people attempted to progress to tier ten vehicles. By setting the bar lower with T6 and T8 wargaming allowed players to do less in order to play clan wars. This significantly lowered the amount of people grinding out new tier tens because quite frankly, they didnt have to. Now players have to grind tier tens to play clan wars. This means more people playing through the tiers in the game rather than sitting at tier 8 and not grinding anything new. While i acknowledge there are exceptions to this there just wasnt enough exceptions to make the clan wars map active enough on all fronts. With this change i have seen the map become far more active overall than it was last season.

ShadowPatriot #262 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 17:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16845 battles
  • 296
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View Postmojave, on Sep 05 2017 - 09:46, said:

 

It was the movement of players. With the introduction of tier 6 and 8 clan wars less people attempted to progress to tier ten vehicles. By setting the bar lower with T6 and T8 wargaming allowed players to do less in order to play clan wars. This significantly lowered the amount of people grinding out new tier tens because quite frankly, they didnt have to. Now players have to grind tier tens to play clan wars. This means more people playing through the tiers in the game rather than sitting at tier 8 and not grinding anything new. While i acknowledge there are exceptions to this there just wasnt enough exceptions to make the clan wars map active enough on all fronts. With this change i have seen the map become far more active overall than it was last season.

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 if people want to go and put time into grinding from 6 to 10, they in a lot of people eyes, just go start fresh on another tank or war online game. 

Wargaming trys to tell people we merged servers to make the game better, no, it's because of the player/fan base dropped a lot in NA, Nobody wants to play a [edited]game, where top 20 clans rule the global map. Least with tier 6 and 8 clan wars, 

it was the same concept, but had less gold payouts, and made the game fun.

 

Tier 6 clan wars was little league

Tier 8 clan wars was the minor league

Tier 10 clan wars was the major league

 

Only thing WG had to do for season 6, was leave everything alone, and just readd tank locking. 



mojave #263 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22275 battles
  • 198
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 16:42, said:

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 if people want to go and put time into grinding from 6 to 10, they in a lot of people eyes, just go start fresh on another tank or war online game. 

Wargaming trys to tell people we merged servers to make the game better, no, it's because of the player/fan base dropped a lot in NA, Nobody wants to play a [edited]game, where top 20 clans rule the global map. Least with tier 6 and 8 clan wars, 

it was the same concept, but had less gold payouts, and made the game fun.

 

Tier 6 clan wars was little league

Tier 8 clan wars was the minor league

Tier 10 clan wars was the major league

 

Only thing WG had to do for season 6, was leave everything alone, and just readd tank locking. 

 

For the first 4 years clan wars was only tier ten and the competitive scene was active. CW2.0 comes around and the game starts to drop off. Im not saying correlation equals causation but i havent scene the game improve with the splitting of clan wars. Regarding new players the game has lost more than it has gained. These are numbers that can be verified. Not some idealistic pipe dream that tier 6 and 8 helped the game. 

ShadowPatriot #264 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 16845 battles
  • 296
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View Postmojave, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:27, said:

 

For the first 4 years clan wars was only tier ten and the competitive scene was active. CW2.0 comes around and the game starts to drop off. Im not saying correlation equals causation but i havent scene the game improve with the splitting of clan wars. Regarding new players the game has lost more than it has gained. These are numbers that can be verified. Not some idealistic pipe dream that tier 6 and 8 helped the game. 

 

​this is coming from a person, who in a clan that holds 8 pieces of land on the global map, and getting 2,856 gold a day. tier 6 and 8 clan wars had small payouts but it was something, 

SovietMemeBear #265 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 19194 battles
  • 740
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 16:42, said:

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 

 

Why would you go to AW/WT/WoWS/WoWP if you want clan play? AW/WoWP are dead games that you can't get PVE games in let alone PVP. WT/WoWS don't have a clan based competitive scene. You're comparing things that don't even make sense to one another. 

 

WoWS is getting clan wars eventually but it is nowhere near the same as WoT. I don't think i understand why you think people will suddenly stop grinding tanks cause CW is at tier 10. Once upon a time CW used to be tier 10 only. People actually worked harder to get tier 10 tanks not stopping and going else where. 

 

 



Edge_of_Insanity #266 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 14947 battles
  • 1,528
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2012

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:29, said:

 

​this is coming from a person, who in a clan that holds 8 pieces of land on the global map, and getting 2,856 gold a day. tier 6 and 8 clan wars had small payouts but it was something, 

 

Coming from someone whose clan currently owns no pieces of the Global map, making 0 gold a day, I can tell you Tier 6 and Tier 8 CW's were a waste of time and resources for Wargaming. The idea behind them was growth and movement to a higher standard of play, allowing smaller clans like yours to grow, and not get rofl stomped by the big clans all the time, the problem is, instead of moving up the ladder, you and clans like yours were content to sit there, buy premiums from Wargaming, and not actually work toward the end game goal which IS, T10 clan wars.

 

As to your comment on the top clans ruling the Global map, I see a wide majority of clans all over the map, with only 6 of the Top 10 clans actually on the map (those being Vilin, RELIC, OTTER, MAHOU, R-7, and G) I also see major fights going on between them with plenty of opportunities for clans like yours to pair up in conflicts with the bigger clans and see different options for tactics and growth. For example, the HAVOK - OTTER War. This fight isn't between the two of them, Otter has Evil Gaming (Thugs, & co) on their side helping out. it is giving those smaller clans an opportunity at gold. Look at "LOAD" another example of this, they were Neutral, but filled a front for HAVOK and have been farming gold for afew days.

 

If you cant get on the map through brute force, talk to the larger clans, ask them if they want some help somewhere or have some land near them that you can sit on if you don't attack them. Some of them will laugh at you, but some will say sure and tell you which land to sit on.

 

The Gap of skill isnt what is holding you back, its your lack of wanting to work for anything, and wanting Papa Wargaming to give you access to whatever you want for less effort.



diego999 #267 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 22:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 29095 battles
  • 4,386
  • [ACA] ACA
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:42, said:

 

Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare

 

Nice joke, mate.

sidewinderwill #268 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 04:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46580 battles
  • 104
  • [SIDE] SIDE
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013
Clans can make gold and not be on the map THANK YOU WG or we would probably not participate. 35k gold and not at our T6 amount yet we were one of those clans moving up the ladder..I do think the T10 map can be modified to help. Although we are doing well no visibility on the map makes it more difficult to get players. I would like to see some changes,we are ranked 80th among clans and land ownership still seems out of reach. Saying get better means that 100s of clans need to be better then the top 10.. There is no balance. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users