CW. Tier 10 only. [expletive]

• Please log in to reply
267 replies to this topic

biggun52 #21 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:04

Corporal

• Players
  • 57161 battles
  • [UGKB] UGKB

If your not willing to put in the work to battle at Tier 10, then suck it up.

Your guys have had 5 Seasons to get there, and just sat back, buying your premium Tier 6 & 8s, and not making a true effort to improve.  Its about time that we finally got the end game back.

MacDaddyMatty #22 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 15617 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Postbiggun52, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:04, said:

If your not willing to put in the work to battle at Tier 10, then suck it up.

Your guys have had 5 Seasons to get there, and just sat back, buying your premium Tier 6 & 8s, and not making a true effort to improve.  Its about time that we finally got the end game back.

I started 10/2016.

Was told by many here on the forums not to get a tier 10.

I listened - my bad.

Yankee #23 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 33356 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Time to hike up those skirts and get to work ladies!

MacDaddyMatty #24 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 15617 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostYankee, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:41, said:

Time to hike up those skirts and get to work ladies!

Indeed!

Just 200k Free XP to go!

heh.

Heh.

HEH

HAHAHAHA!!!

Waaaaaaaaaaa...

iWrangleEmus #25 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:43

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:10, said:

I started 10/2016.

Was told by many here on the forums not to get a tier 10.

I listened - my bad.

Who would ever tell u NOT to get a tier 10 that is insane. Those people are not ones to listen to. 

dominator_98 #26 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:08

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 11762 battles
  • [MUG-G] MUG-G
The problem was that very few of the tier 6 clans were actually trying to build up to tier 8-10. That's the real reason why they did this. Now I have to gear my clan up for 10's with 2 days' notice. My only complaint about the change is the lack of advanced notice. If we had known this on July 10, our clan would be ready. Can't exactly grind out a tier 10 tank in 3 days.

GermanMade #27 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:16

Captain

• Players
  • 30483 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:28, said:

:angry:

Whats worse, Tier 10 only CW?

Or waiting till today to announce it?

What is worse?    Tier 6 and Tier 8 CWs, being forced as a competitive format.

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Aug 07 2017 - 22:31, said:

We are a young and growing clan.  We got to 262 (overall) in last CW at T6.  This time.... we are !@#$ out of luck.  We have about 10 players with T10 tanks who play them.  Strongholds are dead.  Advances are only T10.  Guess we just detach while the Top100 get to play.  !@#$ WG on this one.

Defeated already are you?   Step up.   My first clan, most players only had 1 tier 10, mainly the IS-7.  We would field 12 IS-7s, couple other 10s and sometimes a tier 8, just to get battles.     

All you Tier 6 and 8s are getting their hand outs taken away and crying......LOL.   What you fail to realize, making Tier 10 only CWs is the first step into fixing CWs.

MacDaddyMatty #28 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:26

Major

• -Players-
  • 15617 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGermanMade, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:16, said:

Defeated already are you?   Step up.   My first clan, most players only had 1 tier 10, mainly the IS-7.  We would field 12 IS-7s, couple other 10s and sometimes a tier 8, just to get battles.    

All you Tier 6 and 8s are getting their hand outs taken away and crying......LOL.   What you fail to realize, making Tier 10 only CWs is the first step into fixing CWs.

OK,

I'm guessing you missed the many posts about letting us know with more than 2 days notice?

GermanMade #29 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:29

Captain

• Players
  • 30483 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:26, said:

OK,

I'm guessing you missed the many posts about letting us know with more than 2 days notice?

I'm guessing if you won the lottery, you would still find something to whine about.

Edge_of_Insanity #30 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:47

Captain

• Players
  • 14933 battles
  • [REL2] REL2

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:26, said:

OK,

That isn't the point, Wargaming have been terrible about communication since 2012 when the game went live. The point is that CW's are now returning to the way they were originally set, before Wargaming tried to shill out CW's to earn a quick buck off the Premium tanks people could buy to use in T6 and T8 CWs.

REL2 is by no means one of the best clans on the server, we are probably Top 40ish (Dont actually care enough to check) The point is, work, work hard, and it will pay off, CWs are an end game event that gives a reward for those who try. Use it as an outlet to grow both yourself as a player, and your team as a competitive force.

Wrath_Of_Conn #31 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:07

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 24241 battles
  • [L3V3L] L3V3L

View PostGermanMade, on Aug 08 2017 - 11:16, said:

NOT at all.    We are young and growing.  Here is the important issues the top 100 clans and WG just don't/can't understand.  There are too few avenues for younger clans to get the battle experience necessary; not to grind to the T10 tanks, but to learn the strategy of 15 vs 15.  As you skirmish 8/10 tiers there are fewer teams to "practice" on and some nights you can not get a detach going at all.  This is particularly true when CW is happening.  To have the ability to participate in CW at T6 or T8 your team learns not only strategy, but map tactics.  The global map isn't high math but it is not for beginners either.  To be excluded at the lower tiers really does punish those that are grinding non tank skills, like playing as a team, calling strategy, tank selection capability, map tactics, and attack strategy (who to attack).  Anyone can buy an IS6, but not everyone can use it well in CW.  It takes PRACTICE in the actual game.  THAT is why making it an end game solution only benefits the top 100 clans and [edited]the growth of those clans that want, try, and ( I cant say do now) DID play CW to get better as a clan and move up to T10.  Enjoy getting rolled by the top 25 clans and lets see who owns how much of the map by the end (my bet is its less than 25 clans).  Not much fun if ya ask me... just sayin.

Edited by Wrath_Of_Conn, Aug 08 2017 - 21:11.

ff8ff8 #32 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:51

Captain

• Players
  • 17796 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
^Except back during the glory days of tier 10 CW, if you could field a team and asked for advice on the forums your TS lobby would fill up with half a dozen members of these top clans all willing to review strategies with you and even sock to call a few battles.
I used to dedicate at least two hours a week to going over to other clans and helping them develop strategies, and I will likely return to doing that now that CW is actually coming back.

flatstiger69 #33 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 23:48

Major

• Players
  • 51059 battles
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS

View PostBananaCannon, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:44, said:

Tier 6 and 8 fronts were introduced to give smaller emerging clans a sandbox to improve and eventually move up to a higher tier. Instead, clans simply were content being the kid with the biggest hill in the sandbox and refused to attempt anything greater.

This is something that needed to happen two years ago, before influence grinds in strongholds, tier 6/8 fronts, smoldering player recruitment, and stiflingly small province income killed many of the top and secondary clans.

Ya hit the nail on the head bananner

Roccandil #34 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:38

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostWrath_Of_Conn, on Aug 08 2017 - 15:07, said:

NOT at all.    We are young and growing.  Here is the important issues the top 100 clans and WG just don't/can't understand.  There are too few avenues for younger clans to get the battle experience necessary; not to grind to the T10 tanks, but to learn the strategy of 15 vs 15.  As you skirmish 8/10 tiers there are fewer teams to "practice" on and some nights you can not get a detach going at all.  This is particularly true when CW is happening.  To have the ability to participate in CW at T6 or T8 your team learns not only strategy, but map tactics.  The global map isn't high math but it is not for beginners either.  To be excluded at the lower tiers really does punish those that are grinding non tank skills, like playing as a team, calling strategy, tank selection capability, map tactics, and attack strategy (who to attack).  Anyone can buy an IS6, but not everyone can use it well in CW.  It takes PRACTICE in the actual game.  THAT is why making it an end game solution only benefits the top 100 clans and [edited]the growth of those clans that want, try, and ( I cant say do now) DID play CW to get better as a clan and move up to T10.  Enjoy getting rolled by the top 25 clans and lets see who owns how much of the map by the end (my bet is its less than 25 clans).  Not much fun if ya ask me... just sayin.

Do landing zone tourneys and be willing to lose. My previous clan did that to jump to T8 from T6, and it was worth it. We started with no T8 experience, and wound up finishing the season with ten times the gold we made previously at T6, a decent number of wins, and an elite finish (which, given our lack of experience, we were quite happy with).

Looks as if the same opportunity will exist this season in T10. Keep chipping on landing zones with numerous lower-ELO contenders, don't worry about losing, and you'll get a good amount of mission gold (compared to T6) as well as solid combat experience.

I also recommend using some of the online map strat tools, like maptactics or stratsketch.

Edited by Roccandil, Aug 09 2017 - 01:39.

Kryo440 #35 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:39

Private

• -Players-
  • 17906 battles
  • [DPLG] DPLG
I'm fine personally with tier ten but the problem is my clan has been looking forward to this season.. and now its tier 10 only .. I think that's BS. a lot of our member do not have teir 10s and weve been working on tiers 8 for this season... come on wargaming pull your head out

8bit_Gamer #36 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13901 battles
Why so much hate to newer or smaller clans? Couldn't you have tier 6, 8 and 10 CW?

If end game content is really what people crave they will play tier 10. Was it a real problem clans simply playing the lower tiers just to seal club in CW? If so, what does that say for the WoT competitive community?

I am in fact ignorant to much of this so those are legit questions. I have no interest in clans or clan wars. I do however care about the health of this game.

SheenII #37 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 02:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View PostBananaCannon, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:44, said:

Tier 6 and 8 fronts were introduced to give smaller emerging clans a sandbox to improve and eventually move up to a higher tier. Instead, clans simply were content being the kid with the biggest hill in the sandbox and refused to attempt anything greater.

This is something that needed to happen two years ago, before influence grinds in strongholds, tier 6/8 fronts, smoldering player recruitment, and stiflingly small province income killed many of the top and secondary clans.

That is the biggest pile of crap I have heard yet. Let me point out that tier 8 was introduced because of the top clans camping the map and making pacts to not attack each other and basically farm the best income provinces. Now they will be able to do it again since they will be able to hold the land they need and not have to fight anyone for it.Well the tier 6 adventure started and I really never liked the idea much but it did allow the smaller clans an opportunity to play clan wars together. I left my old clan and started a new clan and we were going thru this exact process. We were looking for the right players that would be active enough to participate in tier 8's. Well even they are gone now. Let's actually see how this will hurt the players that can't compete at tier 10's..... Tier 6 thru 8's no longer need to play any mode other than pub matches and a few tournaments. You see the only true benefit of playing detachments was getting the influence for the global map. Now that we have taken EVERY possible play away from the average players what is there left? I have already spoken to a number of people who are leaving. Not because this happened but in the way it happened. So if you think it is a good thing that this is happening you need to think again. This time like a business man. Reality is the upper group of players spend little to maintain their account. They get gold from clan activities. I have spoken to a number of them who claim they have not spent a dime on this game in a couple of years or more. Now at the same time I know of 4 people in my clan that have spent money on tanks, gold ammo and premium time. Now those are the ones that have spoken to me about it in the last 20 minutes. I am positive the list is much larger. What happens when all this makes the average player mad enough to 1 - stop spending and 2 - maybe just up and leave? Answer they lose far more income, this week, than the top 20% of players create or generate in a year. So keep patting yourself on the back that wargaming, once again, ignored the average player and sided with the top players. It might seem great right now but unless they have a better plan they are closing the door on the fun that this game once had for EVERYONE.

SheenII #38 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 02:09

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View PostRoccandil, on Aug 09 2017 - 01:38, said:

Do landing zone tourneys and be willing to lose. My previous clan did that to jump to T8 from T6, and it was worth it. We started with no T8 experience, and wound up finishing the season with ten times the gold we made previously at T6, a decent number of wins, and an elite finish (which, given our lack of experience, we were quite happy with).

Looks as if the same opportunity will exist this season in T10. Keep chipping on landing zones with numerous lower-ELO contenders, don't worry about losing, and you'll get a good amount of mission gold (compared to T6) as well as solid combat experience.

I also recommend using some of the online map strat tools, like maptactics or stratsketch.

You make some good points but you leave out some very important facts. The teams that are complaining are not in the position to do this. Not because of skill but because they either don't have the personnel or the tanks. It's one thing to be ready with the gear to go to tier ten and another thing if you are not ready yet. A roll out of the old system would have been taken better by all. In other words announce that season 7 will be the first to have only 8 and 10 levels. That would leave this whole season for clans to get serious and get into 8's. Then next season announce the 8's are gone. Once again ample time to crap or get off the pot. This is bad because there was no time to make the change and many are left behind with no reason, other than grinding for a ten, to even play this game.

SheenII #39 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 02:21

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 19276 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA

View Postff8ff8, on Aug 08 2017 - 21:51, said:

^Except back during the glory days of tier 10 CW, if you could field a team and asked for advice on the forums your TS lobby would fill up with half a dozen members of these top clans all willing to review strategies with you and even sock to call a few battles.
I used to dedicate at least two hours a week to going over to other clans and helping them develop strategies, and I will likely return to doing that now that CW is actually coming back.

OK... so you are willing to help if CW goes to straight 10 but if not screw it? To say you want to help is great but the server is used to a different version of that reality ---> If you don't play the way you like us to in pub matches you get - called all kinds of effin names. Shot in the name of making you feel better. told to uninstall and others. The fact is that the upper clans pride themselves on being the cream of the crop and you should. But with that being said you all have a hatred for the little guy. Now when we were lucky enough to beat you in strongholds we were given some respect. But normally I see the opposite. It's not that YOU won't help if asked. It's that nobody expects it since all we see are the people acting like jerks in pub matches. CW is not coming back. It never left but I do agree about tier 6 not really being of help. We could develop a different method for clans to play without calling it CW. But in the name of making it something that makes people want to log on and play e v e r y night they should at least keep tier 8's for the clans that can't field 15 players each night. 

mojave #40 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 05:12

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22241 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

If you cant field 15 people then i suggest you merge your clan with another or actively recruit players. Yes, wargaming making the switch with short notice sucks but seriously some of the problems here are not hard to solve. It takes a couple weeks to get a tier ten. Less so if you have bonuses. Tank locking for 72 hours is pretty small compared to what it use to be. Once you get three tier tens which really isnt many then you can play one landholder game each day. 

Also on a side note I would be fine if tier 8 was a 20 province front with little gold income where half the provinces were lz's. That way any clan that wanted to seal club at tier 8 would be punished heaavily for it in lack of gold.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users