Jump to content


CW. Tier 10 only. [expletive]


  • Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

mojave #261 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 15:46

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22700 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostSPACEDUDE71, on Sep 05 2017 - 14:34, said:

How does t6 and t8 clanwars affect t10 clan wars?
All i see now is less content for anyone with no t10 tanks.
I just dont see how t6 clan wars has anything to do with t10.

 

It was the movement of players. With the introduction of tier 6 and 8 clan wars less people attempted to progress to tier ten vehicles. By setting the bar lower with T6 and T8 wargaming allowed players to do less in order to play clan wars. This significantly lowered the amount of people grinding out new tier tens because quite frankly, they didnt have to. Now players have to grind tier tens to play clan wars. This means more people playing through the tiers in the game rather than sitting at tier 8 and not grinding anything new. While i acknowledge there are exceptions to this there just wasnt enough exceptions to make the clan wars map active enough on all fronts. With this change i have seen the map become far more active overall than it was last season.

ShadowPatriot #262 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 17:42

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17426 battles
  • 342
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View Postmojave, on Sep 05 2017 - 09:46, said:

 

It was the movement of players. With the introduction of tier 6 and 8 clan wars less people attempted to progress to tier ten vehicles. By setting the bar lower with T6 and T8 wargaming allowed players to do less in order to play clan wars. This significantly lowered the amount of people grinding out new tier tens because quite frankly, they didnt have to. Now players have to grind tier tens to play clan wars. This means more people playing through the tiers in the game rather than sitting at tier 8 and not grinding anything new. While i acknowledge there are exceptions to this there just wasnt enough exceptions to make the clan wars map active enough on all fronts. With this change i have seen the map become far more active overall than it was last season.

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 if people want to go and put time into grinding from 6 to 10, they in a lot of people eyes, just go start fresh on another tank or war online game. 

Wargaming trys to tell people we merged servers to make the game better, no, it's because of the player/fan base dropped a lot in NA, Nobody wants to play a [edited]game, where top 20 clans rule the global map. Least with tier 6 and 8 clan wars, 

it was the same concept, but had less gold payouts, and made the game fun.

 

Tier 6 clan wars was little league

Tier 8 clan wars was the minor league

Tier 10 clan wars was the major league

 

Only thing WG had to do for season 6, was leave everything alone, and just readd tank locking. 



mojave #263 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:27

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22700 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 16:42, said:

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 if people want to go and put time into grinding from 6 to 10, they in a lot of people eyes, just go start fresh on another tank or war online game. 

Wargaming trys to tell people we merged servers to make the game better, no, it's because of the player/fan base dropped a lot in NA, Nobody wants to play a [edited]game, where top 20 clans rule the global map. Least with tier 6 and 8 clan wars, 

it was the same concept, but had less gold payouts, and made the game fun.

 

Tier 6 clan wars was little league

Tier 8 clan wars was the minor league

Tier 10 clan wars was the major league

 

Only thing WG had to do for season 6, was leave everything alone, and just readd tank locking. 

 

For the first 4 years clan wars was only tier ten and the competitive scene was active. CW2.0 comes around and the game starts to drop off. Im not saying correlation equals causation but i havent scene the game improve with the splitting of clan wars. Regarding new players the game has lost more than it has gained. These are numbers that can be verified. Not some idealistic pipe dream that tier 6 and 8 helped the game. 

ShadowPatriot #264 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:29

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 17426 battles
  • 342
  • [-U-M-] -U-M-
  • Member since:
    04-28-2011

View Postmojave, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:27, said:

 

For the first 4 years clan wars was only tier ten and the competitive scene was active. CW2.0 comes around and the game starts to drop off. Im not saying correlation equals causation but i havent scene the game improve with the splitting of clan wars. Regarding new players the game has lost more than it has gained. These are numbers that can be verified. Not some idealistic pipe dream that tier 6 and 8 helped the game. 

 

​this is coming from a person, who in a clan that holds 8 pieces of land on the global map, and getting 2,856 gold a day. tier 6 and 8 clan wars had small payouts but it was something, 

SovietMemeBear #265 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:29

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 20051 battles
  • 792
  • [VILIN] VILIN
  • Member since:
    03-22-2012

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 16:42, said:

 

​You do know, tier 6 and 8 what brought new players to the game. Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare, world of warships seen a increase in new players, hell even warplanes seen a increase, you don't get it.

 

 

Why would you go to AW/WT/WoWS/WoWP if you want clan play? AW/WoWP are dead games that you can't get PVE games in let alone PVP. WT/WoWS don't have a clan based competitive scene. You're comparing things that don't even make sense to one another. 

 

WoWS is getting clan wars eventually but it is nowhere near the same as WoT. I don't think i understand why you think people will suddenly stop grinding tanks cause CW is at tier 10. Once upon a time CW used to be tier 10 only. People actually worked harder to get tier 10 tanks not stopping and going else where. 

 

 



Edge_of_Insanity #266 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 19:40

    Captain

  • Players
  • 15938 battles
  • 1,543
  • [REL2] REL2
  • Member since:
    06-29-2012

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:29, said:

 

​this is coming from a person, who in a clan that holds 8 pieces of land on the global map, and getting 2,856 gold a day. tier 6 and 8 clan wars had small payouts but it was something, 

 

Coming from someone whose clan currently owns no pieces of the Global map, making 0 gold a day, I can tell you Tier 6 and Tier 8 CW's were a waste of time and resources for Wargaming. The idea behind them was growth and movement to a higher standard of play, allowing smaller clans like yours to grow, and not get rofl stomped by the big clans all the time, the problem is, instead of moving up the ladder, you and clans like yours were content to sit there, buy premiums from Wargaming, and not actually work toward the end game goal which IS, T10 clan wars.

 

As to your comment on the top clans ruling the Global map, I see a wide majority of clans all over the map, with only 6 of the Top 10 clans actually on the map (those being Vilin, RELIC, OTTER, MAHOU, R-7, and G) I also see major fights going on between them with plenty of opportunities for clans like yours to pair up in conflicts with the bigger clans and see different options for tactics and growth. For example, the HAVOK - OTTER War. This fight isn't between the two of them, Otter has Evil Gaming (Thugs, & co) on their side helping out. it is giving those smaller clans an opportunity at gold. Look at "LOAD" another example of this, they were Neutral, but filled a front for HAVOK and have been farming gold for afew days.

 

If you cant get on the map through brute force, talk to the larger clans, ask them if they want some help somewhere or have some land near them that you can sit on if you don't attack them. Some of them will laugh at you, but some will say sure and tell you which land to sit on.

 

The Gap of skill isnt what is holding you back, its your lack of wanting to work for anything, and wanting Papa Wargaming to give you access to whatever you want for less effort.



diego999 #267 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 22:38

    Major

  • Beta Testers
  • 29666 battles
  • 4,430
  • [ACA] ACA
  • Member since:
    11-22-2010

View PostChronosChaos, on Sep 06 2017 - 13:42, said:

 

Since 6 and 8 are gone, players went to other war games like armored warfare

 

Nice joke, mate.

sidewinderwill #268 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 04:16

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 46973 battles
  • 108
  • [SIDE] SIDE
  • Member since:
    04-28-2013
Clans can make gold and not be on the map THANK YOU WG or we would probably not participate. 35k gold and not at our T6 amount yet we were one of those clans moving up the ladder..I do think the T10 map can be modified to help. Although we are doing well no visibility on the map makes it more difficult to get players. I would like to see some changes,we are ranked 80th among clans and land ownership still seems out of reach. Saying get better means that 100s of clans need to be better then the top 10.. There is no balance. 

Limaoverde #269 Posted Oct 12 2017 - 06:01

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 25592 battles
  • 134
  • [PDABR] PDABR
  • Member since:
    07-28-2015

View PostBananaCannon, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:44, said:

Tier 6 and 8 fronts were introduced to give smaller emerging clans a sandbox to improve and eventually move up to a higher tier. Instead, clans simply were content being the kid with the biggest hill in the sandbox and refused to attempt anything greater.

This is something that needed to happen two years ago, before influence grinds in strongholds, tier 6/8 fronts, smoldering player recruitment, and stiflingly small province income killed many of the top and secondary clans.

 

isto não é verdade 

Limaoverde #270 Posted Oct 14 2017 - 05:50

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 25592 battles
  • 134
  • [PDABR] PDABR
  • Member since:
    07-28-2015

View PostEdge_of_Insanity, on Sep 06 2017 - 19:40, said:

 

Coming from someone whose clan currently owns no pieces of the Global map, making 0 gold a day, I can tell you Tier 6 and Tier 8 CW's were a waste of time and resources for Wargaming. The idea behind them was growth and movement to a higher standard of play, allowing smaller clans like yours to grow, and not get rofl stomped by the big clans all the time, the problem is, instead of moving up the ladder, you and clans like yours were content to sit there, buy premiums from Wargaming, and not actually work toward the end game goal which IS, T10 clan wars.

 

As to your comment on the top clans ruling the Global map, I see a wide majority of clans all over the map, with only 6 of the Top 10 clans actually on the map (those being Vilin, RELIC, OTTER, MAHOU, R-7, and G) I also see major fights going on between them with plenty of opportunities for clans like yours to pair up in conflicts with the bigger clans and see different options for tactics and growth. For example, the HAVOK - OTTER War. This fight isn't between the two of them, Otter has Evil Gaming (Thugs, & co) on their side helping out. it is giving those smaller clans an opportunity at gold. Look at "LOAD" another example of this, they were Neutral, but filled a front for HAVOK and have been farming gold for afew days.

 

If you cant get on the map through brute force, talk to the larger clans, ask them if they want some help somewhere or have some land near them that you can sit on if you don't attack them. Some of them will laugh at you, but some will say sure and tell you which land to sit on.

 

The Gap of skill isnt what is holding you back, its your lack of wanting to work for anything, and wanting Papa Wargaming to give you access to whatever you want for less effort.

 

kkkk

Highly_Illogical #271 Posted Oct 15 2017 - 03:10

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 2336 battles
  • 33
  • [Y0L0] Y0L0
  • Member since:
    04-02-2017
Eu server makes more gold and no questions asked

DaBloodyBaron #272 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 17:25

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46213 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
The game thrived quite well under the T10-only CW 1.0 map. CW 2.0 proved a major setback. T6 and T8 CW was introduced as a method to increase the player base, giving new or less-skilled clans a shot at the big boy fun. It was popular, but the side-effect was to remove the incentive to progress. Going back to T10-only was an attempt to restore the original end-game content, but has naturally pissed off the folks who got a taste, only to see it taken away. They have no knowledge of CW 1.0, thus no sympathy for it's proponents. IMO, the reason T10-only worked before (CW 1.0) and does not work as well now (CW 2.5?) is the limited front and number of provinces available. The original version featured enough territories that the big guys simply could not control all of it, even with well orchestrated diplomatic efforts (a fun aspect that is much less applicable in the current version). Even mediocre clans could get on the map at the fringes, make a little and gain a sense of accomplishment. Some of the new methods to earn gold (clan tasks/missions) are a great idea. However, IF wg would simply increase the size of the global map, in terms of available provinces, we'd achieve the best of both worlds and I wager participation and the player base would take off.

Edited by DaBloodyBaron, Oct 17 2017 - 17:30.


mojave #273 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 17:41

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22700 battles
  • 206
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
I would propose a limit of say 10 divisions with the same number of provinces or slightly more but increased average peovince income with more gold pots. That way the best clans could control gold pots and not have to expand across the map to make decent gold and lesser clans would have space to get on smaller amounts of gold. The division limit would also prevent clans from taking absurd amounts of provinces

Yankee #274 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 18:09

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34014 battles
  • 9,853
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
That might help, but an underlying problem remains that developing clans and mid level clans simply don’t want to take a beating from better clans.  We had a ton of territory at the end of the season and I often would simply remove stacks when we had potential doubles or triples due to riots. No one ever applied to them.

DaBloodyBaron #275 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 18:35

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46213 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
What is often missed in threads like this are the "clan management" skills. The focus is almost always on player's tanking skills and sinister efforts to game-the-system. High performance clans attract high performance players. The job is easier, the better they are, but they did not get that way instantly or by happenstance. Most had a methodical approach to their clan management by the early leaders within those clans. It took much effort and commitment, often over a long period of time, to build such a group. Ppl will always be envious and resentful of the success of those who persevered and "invented" the methods that lead to that success, having no understanding of what it took for them to achieve it, much less how to replicate it for themselves.

DaBloodyBaron #276 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 18:46

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 46213 battles
  • 20
  • [RDDT3] RDDT3
  • Member since:
    09-17-2011
Perhaps a return to the multi-front model, but all fronts at Tier 10. One front with mostly huge honey pots, a couple with mid-level income and one with mostly tiny income. Should result in "safe spaces" that clans of the respective abilities would naturally gravitate to. A sort of self-regulating skill-based system, but retaining the end-game (T10) incentive that keeps folks grinding and in the game longer, to achieve wg's purpose. (making money)

trondd #277 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 19:56

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 16644 battles
  • 171
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS
  • Member since:
    03-09-2014

View PostDaBloodyBaron, on Oct 17 2017 - 18:46, said:

Perhaps a return to the multi-front model, but all fronts at Tier 10. One front with mostly huge honey pots, a couple with mid-level income and one with mostly tiny income. Should result in "safe spaces" that clans of the respective abilities would naturally gravitate to. A sort of self-regulating skill-based system, but retaining the end-game (T10) incentive that keeps folks grinding and in the game longer, to achieve wg's purpose. (making money)

 

Well there will still be clans that belong in the top tier that will fight mid or even low, simply because they feel like they cant get enough on the top level. Then we have the same complaints again

Yankee #278 Posted Oct 17 2017 - 20:17

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 34014 battles
  • 9,853
  • [-G-] -G-
  • Member since:
    08-02-2010
From my observations, upcoming clans we’re content to stay busy in riots and LZs while they chased victory points and gold rewards to help them establish a position in the top 10% to secure season prizing. Established clans tended to hold land, and would pull up from time to time to run individual stages within the season, towards the same purpose. ( there were  a lot of “hold my beer” moments amongst Mahou and us as an example)

The effect of all this was anyone could get as many fights as they wanted, against a variety of clans.  It really wasn’t a bad system at all as you could earn a fair amount of gold running missions or holding land.

The secret is you have to win a few battles, or lose a lot of battles. Either way, gold and season rewards were available to all levels of skill and activity. If you played, you got paid. If you laid, you got played.

MacDaddyMatty #279 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 12:59

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 17778 battles
  • 3,549
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostYankee, on Oct 17 2017 - 14:17, said:

 If you played, you got paid. If you laid, you got played.

 

Yankee wen gangstah!

Dear me!

:D



__Worm__ #280 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 00:15

    Major

  • Players
  • 29101 battles
  • 3,782
  • Member since:
    04-29-2011

View PostYankee, on Oct 17 2017 - 12:17, said:

. If you played, you got paid. If you laid, you got played.

 

I believe we have a contender for the POTY award right there




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users