• Please log in to reply
284 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #41 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 13:41

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGermanMade, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:29, said:

I'm guessing if you won the lottery, you would still find something to whine about.

???

:D

Dude, I'm the least whiny guy on the forums!

...and YES PLEASE on the lottery thing. If you have an in.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 09 2017 - 13:42.

MacDaddyMatty #42 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 13:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostEdge_of_Insanity, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:47, said:

That isn't the point, Wargaming have been terrible about communication since 2012 when the game went live. The point is that CW's are now returning to the way they were originally set, before Wargaming tried to shill out CW's to earn a quick buck off the Premium tanks people could buy to use in T6 and T8 CWs.

Um... pretty sure we are in agreement.

I'm mostly butt-hurt about 2 days notice that its tier 10 only.

A little miffed that many of my clan mates are now disenfranchised.

If we had known a month ago, we could have planned.

Yup.

Bad comm by WG.

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 09 2017 - 13:49.

StainlessRat #43 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 13:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 30407 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
I can truly see both sides on this.  When I started CW was only tier X. It's what you worked for. I was lucky enough to play in that and see some excellent game play.  

Lower tier CW cane along and it was fun allowed for development of players.  I was also lucky enough to talk to and work with some really good clan leaders.  

Now we're back to tier X only.  Ok. We will adapt and have teams.  It's what you do. Adapt.  

I think my only complaint  would be that WG should have communicated this earlier. That's poor customer service.  

We will field teams.  Lose some and win some.  Anyone who needs a home for this season feel free to reach out.

Son_of_Series #44 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:23

Corporal

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [_TPR_] _TPR_

Yes. I really was not pleased with how this decision was communicated (and how it was generally assumed that Tier VI and Tier VIII would play a roll).

Butt hurt aside, I am generally concerned that this is very bad for the future of this game. I draw an analogy to pin ball machines and the inflection point where they shifted their focus to the very high-end players, and made the barrier to new players very high and painful. The player base dwindles and pin ball machines are no more (many of you have never even played on one).

By moving Clan wars back to Tier X only (and suggesting that strongholds will likely follow suit), you are building barriers to entry that non-high end players (myself...never had a rating much above 2500) can only get to Tier X by buying premium Tier VIII tanks (to train crews) and running premium time to support clan wars for top tier players. I guess the question is...what is in it for me to invest that much time and money just to get my @#$ handed to me again and again for the next six months? 

I would like to see some venue where lower/ mid players can build their skill and experience base (like strongholds) playing as a 7 V 7 team and still get some rewards they can use. Influence on the Global map does no good unless you can actually field a competing team at Tier X. Consider that that is less 100 clans that can pull that off. Can the game survive if only there are only 1500 players getting rewards (100 X 15)??

Series 

(Son_of_Series)

Llorunis #45 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:41

Corporal

• Players
  • 36489 battles
  • [DPLG] DPLG

When I was reading the rules and announcements for Clan Wars it appeared that they were telling us that Future Clan Wars and Campaigns would go back to the original format. 

My Clan, like so many others focused on Tier 6 and Tier 8. We will work on progressing toward tier 10, but until then we who entered a arena designed for us, seen it change and so many of the Clans we play with will not be able to adapt. If for some reason Wargaming.net read all these posts, please note the activity last year in the Tier 6 arena was one of the heaviest. It was the Tier 8 that lacked, and that was only because of the lack of land and the level of competition in that arena. 

This change affects "why" many of us play this game. Spend money purchasing tanks to help grind crews and keep premium time. We all have to take a break and practice at a tier we do not play. 

----------------

I played when it was Tier 10 only, I watch clans work to find enough players to compete, go dormant. Tier 10 is fun, and if we have the player base to support it, I think it is great. You opened up that box, and 6 and 8 were allowed, and now you will see a majority of your player base lives in it.

---------------

Edited by Llorunis, Aug 09 2017 - 14:46.

Yankee #46 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:53

Major

• -Players-
  • 34016 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Other than the lack of time for clans to prepare ( which admittedly is pretty bad) these are good changes for the community.  

I suggest to the former 6's and 8's that they reach out to allies from last season to either consider mergers, or close cooperation

StainlessRat #47 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:58

Corporal

• Players
  • 30407 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostLlorunis, on Aug 09 2017 - 08:41, said:

I played when it was Tier 10 only, I watch clans work to find enough players to compete, go dormant. Tier 10 is fun, and if we have the player base to support it, I think it is great. You opened up that box, and 6 and 8 were allowed, and now you will see a majority of your player base lives in it.

---------------

I think what may may be a valid unmentioned point is that back in the day the server population was twice what it is now.  50k on the NA servers in the evenings was not unusual at all.  It's a shadow of that now.  

Son_of_Series #48 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 15:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 7972 battles
  • [_TPR_] _TPR_

Their suggestion that future clan wars would return to the Vi, VIII, X format, belies that realization that this move is a wildly lucrative move for WG (moving all of clan wars to premium time, premium tanks to train crews and gold ammo) that once they get used that extra revenue stream, it will be almost impossible for them to back away from it...by then the player base may be so eroded that there is no recovery.

While many of the top 100 clans and top tier player will be richly rewarded, the player base will be decimated...that is not whining...its economics...

Series

(Son_of_Series, TPR)

Llorunis #49 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 15:16

Corporal

• Players
  • 36489 battles
  • [DPLG] DPLG

I agree, the population is so much lower than it was, and a 15 on 15 with tons of clans worked. Good call  StainlessRat

As for Yankee I find it sad how easily you just blow it off as "these are good changes". There is no data, simply your opinion, then you go on to cement it with a statement of just merge your clans. 

Being in a clan with people you like is huge, going to someone else's home and rules so that you can play Tier 10 could cost me players, people who really make this game worth playing. 

Yankee #50 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 15:30

Major

• -Players-
  • 34016 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
I make my comments based on my experience of playing clan wars for the last 6 years.  

But it's just my opinion, we'll see how it works out

Llorunis #51 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 36489 battles
  • [DPLG] DPLG

Your opinion is very important to you, especially when it affects you. Right now it has no effect on you, I do not nor have I see in the last 4 years -G- playing (as a regular theme) as tier 6. Like I said sir, you have no stake in this.

I am trying to find support to alter motive, to motivate wargaming to make a change. Your opinion only serves to muddy the water because you would simply play tier 10's anyway.

It's like a cake maker commenting on how good cake is for people.

I respect your talent/skill.

Huck_ #52 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:27

Major

• Players
  • 34223 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

They have lots of data, the most obvious being that the game [edited] died and they bled profits after tier 6 was introduced. They also have lots of people in the office with business degrees, unlike the sh1tlords who post around here, acting like the point of a business is to provide you with the most utils.

So I'm going to walk you through this as slowly as I can. The tanks business model is based on people paying for wins. They introduce better tanks (power creep) that everyone wants. They make the most money when these power tanks are tier 10, since lines are more lucrative than single, $30, tier 6 tanks. To wit, they want players with 35,000 battles grinding power lines and buying the latest tier 10 OP tank. They don't want you splashing in your kiddie pool until the end of days, as you have no incentive to actually play the game past tier 6 or spend more money to fuel their business. The end.

FYI - I'm a management consultant and this level of dynamic business analysis would cost you $400 an hour IRL.

Llorunis #53 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:32

Corporal

• Players
  • 36489 battles
  • [DPLG] DPLG

Did you learn to effectively talk down to others in business management or was that self discovery?

I don't care about any of that, I care about my team, and the 200 + teams that played tier 6. 

I am not sure what the hell goes through the mind of you educators who are not directly involved. This does not affect you, so why do you spout?

MacDaddyMatty #54 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostHuck_, on Aug 09 2017 - 10:27, said:

They have lots of data, the most obvious being that the game [edited] died and they bled profits after tier 6 was introduced. They also have lots of people in the office with business degrees, unlike the sh1tlords who post around here, acting like the point of a business is to provide you with the most utils.

So I'm going to walk you through this as slowly as I can. The tanks business model is based on people paying for wins. They introduce better tanks (power creep) that everyone wants. They make the most money when these power tanks are tier 10, since lines are more lucrative than single, $30, tier 6 tanks. To wit, they want players with 35,000 battles grinding power lines and buying the latest tier 10 OP tank. They don't want you splashing in your kiddie pool until the end of days, as you have no incentive to actually play the game past tier 6 or spend more money to fuel their business. The end.

FYI - I'm a management consultant and this level of dynamic business analysis would cost you $400 an hour IRL.

Doesn't matter how much of an expert you are if you have terrible inter-personal skills.

The former is always undermined by the latter.

Just saying.

Huck_ #55 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:56

Major

• Players
  • 34223 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostLlorunis, on Aug 09 2017 - 10:32, said:

Did you learn to effectively talk down to others in business management or was that self discovery?

I don't care about any of that, I care about my team, and the 200 + teams that played tier 6. 

I am not sure what the hell goes through the mind of you educators who are not directly involved. This does not affect you, so why do you spout?

In answer to your first question, self-discovery. I've noticed that members of modern society self-select their "fair and balanced" media outlets and their "friends", and actually think that the feedback loops they've surrounded themselves with represent some objective truth. In response, they become hyper-partisan to the point where they cannot be persuaded - they can only be mocked. So go curl up in the fetal position if I didn't "like" your selfie or agree with your inane point of view, for all I care. I'm not here to be nice or convince the commander of a sh1tter clan of anything. I'm here to lay out the facts for people on the fence. You're beyond redemption.

In response to your second point, see my post above. I already explained why they don't want you playing tier 6 as end-game. It kills their profits. Spend less time typing, more time comprehending.

In answer to your third question, again, see above. I already explained that they have data showing that the server pop has dwindled in tiers 7-9, and concluded that one reason is because players do not have as much incentive to play higher tiers. It follows that the game dying out does affect me, sorry, and I support wargaming pushing people toward higher tiers so I stop waiting 3 minutes in queue every battle.

0 for 3, down on strikes. xoxo

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 09 2017 - 10:42, said:

Doesn't matter how much of an expert you are if you have terrible inter-personal skills.

The former is always undermined by the latter.

Just saying.

You must be new at life.

MacDaddyMatty #56 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 17:00

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Huck_

Your hyperbole isn't very good. And you can't even see THAT.

Sorry, but reasoning suggests your other skills are lacking also.

I feel bad for ya man.

Hope things in your life improve!

:)

Those who feel that the only way to leave their mark on the world is to leave it a slightly worse place.

Pity them, for their existence is tragic. – John Cheese

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 09 2017 - 17:03.

Huck_ #57 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 17:18

Major

• Players
  • 34223 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

No, seriously. Tell me more about how bankers, and doctors, and academics, and scientists... tell me more about how these experts rely on their interpersonal skills to get through life, pausing every now and then to gently persuade the masses around them with the minds of sieves. I want to learn. Help me learn about these experts, renown for their interpersonal skills.

Oh wait, experts just dictate the facts.

MacDaddyMatty #58 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 17:28

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostHuck_, on Aug 09 2017 - 11:18, said:

No, seriously. Tell me more about how bankers, and doctors, and academics, and scientists... tell me more about how these experts rely on their interpersonal skills to get through life, pausing every now and then to gently persuade the masses around them with the minds of sieves. I want to learn. Help me learn about these experts, renown for their interpersonal skills.

Oh wait, experts just dictate the facts.

Here ya go:

http://journals.lww.com/academicmedicine/abstract/1979/01000/the_teaching_of_interpersonal_skills_in_u_s_.7.aspx

http://business.time.com/2013/11/10/the-real-reason-new-college-grads-cant-get-hired/

https://www.shrm.org/hr-today/news/hr-magazine/0416/pages/hrs-hard-challenge-when-employees-lack-soft-skills.aspx

http://bern.library.nenu.edu.cn/upload/soft/0-article/+02/v1n3p143-154.pdf

http://journals.lww.com/academicmedicine/Abstract/2004/06000/Assessing_Competence_in_Communication_and.2.aspx

https://books.google.com/books?id=y3YECAAAQBAJ&pg=PA21&lpg=PA21&dq=professionals+and+lack+of+interpersonal+skills

http://ww2.cfo.com/management-accounting/2013/05/accountants-need-to-show-their-softer-side/

https://www.linkedin.com/pulse/interpersonal-skills-security-professionals-denida-zinxhiria

Note the publishers.

Good luck in your journey!

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 09 2017 - 17:30.

Huck_ #59 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 17:47

Major

• Players
  • 34223 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

Great resources. I mean, if linked-in has an article about it, I guess doctors and professors really do possess amazing interpersonal skills and interact well with patients and students...

Let me let you in on a little secret: "you need to develop interpersonal skills" is business-speak for "you need to know how to act and speak with your peers". It has absolutely nothing to do with talking down to peasants like you. 

MacDaddyMatty #60 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 17:55

Major

• -Players-
  • 17868 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostHuck_, on Aug 09 2017 - 11:47, said:

Great resources. I mean, if linked-in has an article about it, I guess doctors and professors really do possess amazing interpersonal skills and interact well with patients and students...

Let me let you in on a little secret: "you need to develop interpersonal skills" is business-speak for "you need to know how to act and speak with your peers". It has absolutely nothing to do with talking down to peasants like you.

You're so easy to bait man. I knew that's the one you'd grab (I added after my edit)/

:D

Do I owe you $400 for this?

I did consulting for 3 years before I sold the biz and retired.

I had many a sub contractor and, I may not be a fortune 500 guy, but if you get any repeat biz you should write a book!

And I mean that.

Because you would have been a pariah with your David Mamet "Glengary Glenross" attitude.

Again, good luck and I wish you the best.

I truly hope things brighten for you.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users