10%

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

one_fifty #1 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 41939 battles
  • [4HOTA] 4HOTA
Again ,WG has set the stage for the top 10% to benefit from clan wars. First, you need to have several tier 10 tanks to participate. We all know that one 10 won't get it. Second, point structure, again which clans do you think will be on top of this? Way to go WoT. With different tier battles a lot of clan that didn't have 10's could still  participate on the map. Now they're out. What's next, Ranked-Stronghold-Tournament-Clan Wars battles. Why not just tell the rest of us to go play "Armored Warfare" or something? You're about to fix this thing to death.

mojave #2 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:34

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22275 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View Postone_fifty, on Aug 07 2017 - 23:29, said:

Again ,WG has set the stage for the top 10% to benefit from clan wars. First, you need to have several tier 10 tanks to participate. We all know that one 10 won't get it. Second, point structure, again which clans do you think will be on top of this? Way to go WoT. With different tier battles a lot of clan that didn't have 10's could still  participate on the map. Now they're out. What's next, Ranked-Stronghold-Tournament-Clan Wars battles. Why not just tell the rest of us to go play "Armored Warfare" or something? You're about to fix this thing to death.

Its almost like the goal of clan wars was to determine the best clans and reward them.

galspanic #3 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:35

Major

• -Players-
  • 22139 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3
Man, that sucks that the best players are gonna win it all.  It's rigged exactly like pub matches.

_Schneller_Heinz_ #4 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1931 battles

View Postmojave, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:34, said:

Its almost like the goal of clan wars was to determine the best clans and reward them.

Really seems that way!

Bsan77 #5 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:48

Captain

• Players
  • 12878 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
Wait wait wait. So you mean the people who are actually good at this game will get the rewards????? WHAT? HOW CAN THIS BE? THIS ISN'T FAIR! /s

cskiff #6 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 40417 battles
  • [THUGZ] THUGZ

everyone wanted clan wars like the old days.

its coming.

people still complaining,  o my.

9435 #7 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 00:59

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 135 battles

View Postone_fifty, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:29, said:

WG has always been like this, about time you figured it out

Altwar #8 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:02

Major

• Players
  • 48852 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View Postone_fifty, on Aug 07 2017 - 15:29, said:

Clan Wars has always been the end game of World of Tanks.  It's one of the reasons for climbing a nation's tech tree beyond the "cool, l got a rock'em, sock'em big boy tank" now.  If you want to play, you have to get your clan up to Clan Wars level and then get better by playing those who are better than many.  Kind of like every sports league in the world where they have a playoffs scenario. 

Black_Stealth_Badger41 #9 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:03

Captain

• Players
  • 35655 battles
  • [POSHY] POSHY

View Post9435, on Aug 07 2017 - 15:59, said:

WG has always been like this, about time you figured it out

Crap companies with crap games and crap ideas. Usually produce Crap things for garbage results

Roccandil #10 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 01:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

Except it's not simply the top 10% who can get rewards. Any clan that can field fifteen T10s a night, and knows how to hit busy landing tourneys, will usually face clans of their own skill, and be on their way to earning these gold awards in landing zone tourneys (where tank locking doesn't matter):

Single task (can be completed simultaneously with chained tasks):

•  3000 gold for destroying 200 vehicles (can be done twice per set)

Chained tasks (complete the first to unlock the next):

1. 1500 gold for 150K damage (if I read it right);
  2. 2250 gold for 30K exp;
  3. 2550 gold for 200K damage;
  4. 2850 gold for 10 tourney wins (not province wins);
  5. And so on (about another 25K gold possible for tasks, if I read it right).

And so on. Note that the first task in which a clan actually has to -win- is 4th. Total potential gold is tens of thousands (for -any- clan). This doesn't count the fact that all of the above can be done multiple times per season (three sets), nor does it count stage award gold (which can be earned simultaneously with the above).

To earn that gold, clans will only rarely (if ever) face a top clan, nor will they ever have to own a province, nor will they ever have to deal with tank locking (unless they start winning a lot of tourneys, which isn't a bad problem).  If they lose battles, their ELO will drop and they'll face easier clans in tourneys, at their own level.

So, any clan with T10s has an opportunity to earn 100K+ gold, without ever taking territory! Is WG being unreasonable? Maybe, maybe not, but either way, that's a lot of gold for the taking.

CedricMacLaren #11 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 02:34

Major

• Players
  • 14577 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT

View PostAltwar, on Aug 07 2017 - 18:02, said:

Clan Wars has always been the end game of World of Tanks.  It's one of the reasons for climbing a nation's tech tree beyond the "cool, l got a rock'em, sock'em big boy tank" now.  If you want to play, you have to get your clan up to Clan Wars level and then get better by playing those who are better than many.  Kind of like every sports league in the world where they have a playoffs scenario. 

As end game content it is a fail. The only interesting part of Clan Wars was reading the war decs. As for sports leagues, I remember who won last year's Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championsip, and Stanley Cup, but I could not name any of the clans who finished on top at the end of any Clan Wars season. Heck, I could even tell you who won last the NCAA Women's Softball World Series, a sport that probably >99% of the USA don't even care about.

What percentage of the server population participates in CW, even when the tier 6 and tier 8 fronts were available?  Likely not a high number. How about more work on removing bugs, adding new maps and other content?  One thing which would particularly interest me would be a researchable M60A1 and an Israeli tree. Sweden gets a tree. Chekoslavakia gets a tree. Poland gets a tree. Israel nothing. 

Altwar #12 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 04:49

Major

• Players
  • 48852 battles
  • [A-F] A-F

View PostCedricMacLaren, on Aug 07 2017 - 17:34, said:

As end game content it is a fail. The only interesting part of Clan Wars was reading the war decs. As for sports leagues, I remember who won last year's Super Bowl, World Series, NBA Championsip, and Stanley Cup, but I could not name any of the clans who finished on top at the end of any Clan Wars season. Heck, I could even tell you who won last the NCAA Women's Softball World Series, a sport that probably >99% of the USA don't even care about.

What percentage of the server population participates in CW, even when the tier 6 and tier 8 fronts were available?  Likely not a high number. How about more work on removing bugs, adding new maps and other content?  One thing which would particularly interest me would be a researchable M60A1 and an Israeli tree. Sweden gets a tree. Chekoslavakia gets a tree. Poland gets a tree. Israel nothing. 

That's your experience.   Others may differ.  

For sports btw, I was once a fanatic and could talk about the Super Bowl, MLB & Little League World Series, The NCAA Football and Basketball champs, the NBA Champs, the indoor soccer champs, etc.  The money game is starting to turn me off of a lot of that though.   But I digress.

Maybe the Clan Wars experience for you failed.  For others maybe not so.  I sure enjoyed it when my clan played in them but it was hard for us to field a team to play every night because as a clan we just weren't that serious about it.  But it was enjoyable to go against the other clans and see what strategies they'd use and how battling as a true team made for some incredible matches.  And it was rewarding to take the tier 10 tanks I had ground for so long for and play with some of the big boys.  

Anyway, the complaint was about the top 10% benefiting and the rest not being cared about.  Same comment applies though.   The Clan Wars is going to be tier 10.  You want to play it, you have to put yourself in position to get in there.  Get your tier 10s.   Get in a clan that's going to fight in them.   If you don't want to do that or can't get in that position because you don't have those tier 10 tanks, now you know what to shoot for.  It's not like you aren't being included, but for a tier 10 Clan Wars, you can't bring tier 6s and think you should belong.  Maybe for the Clan Wars Season 7, but not for this one.   This is also why you its good to have depth in your garage. 

CedricMacLaren #13 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:09

Major

• Players
  • 14577 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT

My experience was a fail?  Perhaps. I haven't been in many, and those were primarily at T6. T6 CW strats were pretty much the same as they were for skirmishes: fastbois. Those are fun for a bit, but become boring pretty quick. TC battles may have just been Hellcats and KV-1S's over and over, but the callers always had variation in their strats. 

My biggest reason for not liking CW was the time required. We had to show up a half hour or more before. My time was limited. Waiting around meant I was not playing or grinding out a new crew or tank.  And you never knew if the other clan was even going to bother to show up.

The gold and other things you can get for playing aren't all that motivating for me. I can buy gold or boosts if I want them. I can't buy time. The award tanks are motivating to a degree, and from what I have seen, you don't have to be in a top 10% clan to win them. You just have to be in a clan that has enough interest to field teams reliably, and show up when needed. Bonds perhaps, but I am not sure the payout is equal to the work you have to put in to get them. 

As for my opinion on this 10% nonsense, it is obviously just people upset that the gold and stuff is not as easy to get as it was to complete the SU-100Y mission a few years ago. Log in 30 days in a row and then log out. The TD was yours. No play needed. 

FeelMy_APCR #14 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:11

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29472 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE

Think of this as a feature designed for premium members.

If you're not good enough you get nothing.

And that's the way it should be. After all, this is how the world works.

Want something? Work for it!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users