1 Reason For Lack Of New Players

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

TeamTerrible #1 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 06:51

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

Has anyone seen the new player's tutorial??

Wow !!! what a joke!!!

It offers nothing but the urge to log out and find another game

No wonder this game is suffering from lack of new players......right from the start the new player I was helping didn't want anything to do with this game

Oh well .....I tried...wasn't expecting to see complete crap from the start but WG is famous for breaking that which was once great in the eyes of certain people

KatzeWolf #2 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 08 2017 - 15:51, said:

Has anyone seen the new player's tutorial??

Wow !!! what a joke!!!

It offers nothing but the urge to log out and find another game

No wonder this game is suffering from lack of new players......right from the start the new player I was helping didn't want anything to do with this game

Oh well .....I tried...wasn't expecting to see complete crap from the start but WG is famous for breaking that which was once great in the eyes of certain people

Is that the tutorial where you drive a Panther, shoot a stationary King Tiger, and finish it off by killing a moving target?

Or the tutorial where the game gives you missions and walks you though the different aspects of the game, ending in a bot match on mines.

Striker_70 #3 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:09

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

This game always has a lot of new players in my experience.  The problem was keeping them.  WG has helped fix this by highly improving the low tiers of the game with the new MM, especially tier 3. 

I've never played the new tutorial BTW, but according to more experienced players that have it's a huge improvement.  You're the first person I've ever heard complain about it.

Edited by Striker_70, Aug 08 2017 - 07:12.

TeamTerrible #4 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostStriker_70, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:09, said:

This game always has a lot of new players in my experience.  The problem was keeping them.  WG has helped fix this by highly improving the low tiers of the game with the new MM, especially tier 3. 

​The new player I just brought in is already gone after 1 battle

Reviewed the tutorial and left before finishing it and after 1 standard battle the dude said this game sucks and left

When the game is compared to something you can download off of your phone its pretty much a dumb game 

Way to go WG!!! Now lets destroy Warships because we know how much you enjoy its revenue!!

Molethan #5 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 14734 battles
Only NA is suffering players currently. Mostly because the NA consumer base is much more thirsty for the highest-end most advanced games, the consumers here are smart enough not to invest in an obsolete game like Wot. On EU and RU however the game is more appealing as it is optimized for the usually lower end PC in Europe, and the game is free.... kinda.

the_Deadly_Bulb #6 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:23

Captain

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

The current tutorials are light years ahead of what it once was to start out.

This game isn't a FPS that you can learn and do well in at 20 games played. Its not CoD and its not Battlefield. Its not for everyone.

If you "tried" as hard with the new player as you did to sh*t on the game here it might have turned out better. I doubt you did the game any favours, or the new player.

At 1764 battles since 2012 you can't even call it trying.

TeamTerrible #7 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:23, said:

The current tutorials are light years ahead of what it once was to start out.

This game isn't a FPS that you can learn and do well in at 20 games played. Its not CoD and its not Battlefield. Its not for everyone.

If you "tried" as hard with the new player as you did to sh*t on the game here it might have turned out better. I doubt you did the game any favours, or the new player.

At 1764 battles since 2012 you can't even call it trying.

​lol

Light Years Ahead???

Wow !!!  I bet the circled wheel is fascinating to you

Striker_70 #8 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:38

Major

• Players
  • 18518 battles

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:17, said:

Reviewed the tutorial and left before finishing it and after 1 standard battle the dude said this game sucks and left

When the game is compared to something you can download off of your phone its pretty much a dumb game 

Way to go WG!!! Now lets destroy Warships because we know how much you enjoy its revenue!!

Except this is something you can download off your phone, there is a mobile version called Blitz. 

You're equating the experience of 1 single person with the experience of millions.  I've never heard anyone complain about the new tutorial until tonight.  In fact, all I've heard is that it's significantly better than before and what WG should have done years ago.

The_Boz #9 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 9689 battles
Your friend was not worth retaining w/ that level of mentality....neither are you....

TeamTerrible #10 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostStriker_70, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:38, said:

Except this is something you can download off your phone, there is a mobile version called Blitz. 

You're equating the experience of 1 single person with the experience of millions.  I've never heard anyone complain about the new tutorial until tonight.  In fact, all I've heard is that it's significantly better than before and what WG should have done years ago.

​Sorry, but when I 1st tried the tutorial it was much more than what I just witnessed

I could not disagree with what my buddy was suggesting about the game

A cat gets excited when they see a laser pointer........we call cats dumb for constantly falling for it

Case n point.......pretty things need to do more than just be pretty.........and with less than 4,000 online compared to the many more thousands this game once had I'd go with this being a step back

Termitey #11 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 86735 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

i think hes a bot

move on nothing to see here

eisen1973 #12 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:51

Major

• Players
  • 47656 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

There was no boot camp or tutorials at all when I started playing wot, no tankrewards, personal missions, monthly missions, on tracks, we had half the nation trees, more than 2 tiers spread MM, fewer maps, and  you could only find in mods most of the features that are now part of the  game. There were arty parties that could make  today recruits uninstall on the spot. The physics were boring, no jumping from cliffs, no drowning.

You really had to like the concept of the game to keep playing, and I think it's the same now. Nobody will stay if they don't like the concept of the game, no new maps or arty removal or skill based MM or whatever the excuse will make them happy. 

RivertheRoyal #13 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:57

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1269 battles

I much preferred the new tutorial to the old one. Not only was it helpfully informative about the core aspects of gameplay, but it also gives you a T3 light tank complete with a 100% crew. Even better, the commander already has a perk--Sixth sense, something we all know to be one of the more vital gameplay components. 

If I could voice any complaints about the new tutorial, the only thing I could think of would've been the time it takes to complete the entire thing. To people just wanting to jump in and play the game, it might be frustrating to have these hoops that must first be jumped through. However, I thought the entire thing well worth my own time, and it was a nice way to get back into WoT.

Edited by RivertheRoyal, Aug 08 2017 - 08:04.

TeamTerrible #14 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 07:57

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Posteisen1973, on Aug 08 2017 - 01:51, said:

There was no boot camp or tutorials at all when I started playing wot, no tankrewards, personal missions, monthly missions, on tracks, we had half the nation trees, more than 2 tiers spread MM, fewer maps, and  you could only find in mods most of the features that are now part of the  game. There were arty parties that could make  today recruits uninstall on the spot. The physics were boring, no jumping from cliffs, no drowning.

You really had to like the concept of the game to keep playing, and I think it's the same now. Nobody will stay if they don't like the concept of the game, no new maps or arty removal or skill based MM or whatever the excuse will make them happy. 

​I like this person!!

I signed up for Tank warfare, not to play Mario Kart

the_Deadly_Bulb #15 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:02

Captain

• Players
  • 17846 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 07 2017 - 22:57, said:

​I like this person!!

Too bad you're too stupid to understand they're disagreeing with you. The current tutorial is much better than it has ever been.

Argue and troll all you like, you only appear as more of a fool to anyone with any actual familiarity with the game.

SpeedingSnail #16 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:04

Private

• -Players-
  • 14 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 08 2017 - 08:02, said:

Too bad you're too stupid to understand they're disagreeing with you. The current tutorial is much better than it has ever been.

Argue and troll all you like, you only appear as more of a fool to anyone with any actual familiarity with the game.

​Hmm, is that why he has so many +1s

TeamTerrible #17 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 1917 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 08 2017 - 02:02, said:

​ummmm    yeah........

ZoM_2014 #18 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13417 battles
  • [JOJO] JOJO

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:17, said:

lol they are trying to destroy warships with World of Warships Blitz. tbh i hope warships blitz is better than WoT Blitz. WG basically ruined WoT Blitz and sum can even say they ruined reg WoT.

ZoM_2014 #19 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:28

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13417 battles
  • [JOJO] JOJO

View PostTeamTerrible, on Aug 08 2017 - 00:57, said:

​I like this person!!

U want tank warfare go play war thunder, then again Gajin is becoming the new WG, so either way ur more or less screwed.

kebab6597 #20 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 08:29

Major

• Players
  • 52263 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostMolethan, on Aug 08 2017 - 06:22, said:

Mostly because the NA consumer base is much more thirsty for the highest-end most advanced games, the consumers here are smart enough not to invest in an obsolete game like Wot. On EU and RU however the game is more appealing as it is optimized for the usually lower end PC in Europe, and the game is free.... kinda.

I disagree with your opinions for the following reasons;

1. "Mostly because the NA consumer base is much more thirsty for the highest-end most advanced games"

Far more likely that WOT takes to long for the average NA player to level up it is not an instant reward game unlike the more popular games in the NA region

2. "the consumers here are smart enough not to invest in an obsolete game like Wot"

Yet the NA server has consistently spent more per head of server population than any other server in the world

3. "On EU and RU however the game is more appealing as it is optimized for the usually lower end PC in Europe, and the game is free.... kinda."

The EU and RU are not in the dark ages you know most of us have machines that are easily on par with most NA players and WG have weeded out those with really bad PC,s a few years ago when they started improving the graphics

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users