1 Reason For Lack Of New Players

• Please log in to reply
44 replies to this topic

beepybeetle #41 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 05:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29687 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO
Not going to lie, that new tutorial is boring as Sh!t and doesn't really cover some of the features players will encounter in their garage (like the fcking depot). But really, the main problem with WoT is retention. I tried to get my friends to play this damn game for the T95E2 but literally not a single one found the game to be enjoyable at all. And between the seal clubbers, sh!tty MM, boring as sh!t grinds and confusing-to-retarded mechanics, I don't really blame them.

VooDooKobra #42 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 6572 battles
  • [1-185] 1-185

View Postbeepybeetle, on Aug 09 2017 - 21:18, said:

Not going to lie, that new tutorial is boring as Sh!t and doesn't really cover some of the features players will encounter in their garage (like the fcking depot). But really, the main problem with WoT is retention. I tried to get my friends to play this damn game for the T95E2 but literally not a single one found the game to be enjoyable at all. And between the seal clubbers, sh!tty MM, boring as sh!t grinds and confusing-to-retarded mechanics, I don't really blame them.

its just a tutorial, the basics they are not usually the most exciting part of the game ever and yes it doesnt cover everything possible and could be added too but its still better than the old one  even with the old one i found out about the depot through youtube

OldFrog75 #43 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 12:07

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7797 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Postbeepybeetle, on Aug 10 2017 - 05:18, said:

Yet you're still here.  I suspect no game appeals to everyone.  I was watching Cody Menz stream the other day and he mentioned there is a small cadre of players resurrecting Shattered Galaxy.  I took a look at the game and decided it's not for me without playing a single battle.  Doesn't mean it's not a good game or that lots of people might not enjoy playing it.

Similarly, I have no interest in WoW but I'm sure those who play it, enjoy it.

Edited by OldFrog75, Aug 10 2017 - 21:23.

TeamTerrible #44 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:38

Corporal

• Players
  • 2218 battles
  • [S-S-G] S-S-G

View PostNunya_000, on Aug 09 2017 - 14:25, said:

That is one of the most ridiculous things I have heard.  

If your friend quit after only 1 battles, that is not the game's fault.  It is quite obvious that your "friend" was just not into this type of game....or his opinion was influenced and set even before he tried to play....maybe he is hanging out with the wrong people.

• The in-game tutorial has been the same for as long as I can remember....and millions of players were not put off by it.
  • New players now have many incentives like free XP, free equipment, premium time, gold, and many other things.  Something that most of us that have been playing this game for quite awhile did not have when we started playing.
  • The Tank Academy is actually pretty good and players can get a free premium tank just for completing it.

​Not at all..... the appeal was nothing close to what was advertised in his opinion

As for the in-game tutorial its way different from the days of beta testing, my memory is faint...but as I recall it wasn't childish like we see now

However I must comment that many players who should not be observing a tutorial seem to know a lot about it.....

Re-rolls?? rather pathetic ...... but hey take any advantage you can I guess..........just means you sucked on your 1st run and refuse to work at it

Edited by TeamTerrible, Aug 10 2017 - 20:39.

beepybeetle #45 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 00:40

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 29687 battles
  • [AWOO] AWOO

View PostOldFrog75, on Aug 10 2017 - 03:07, said:

Yet you're still here.  I suspect no game appeals to everyone.  I was watching Cody Menz stream the other day and he mentioned there is a small cadre of players resurrecting Shattered Galaxy.  I took a look at the game and decided it's not for me without playing a single battle.  Doesn't mean it's not a good game or that lots of people might not enjoy playing it.

Similarly, I have no interest in WoW but I'm sure those who play it, enjoy it.

I'm stuck on this wild ride for good or for bad. Doesn't mean I can't trash it

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users