Jump to content


harass others and get away with it in forums


  • This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

Markd73 #21 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 28431 battles
  • 3,243
  • [AOS] AOS
  • Member since:
    04-20-2011

View PostRivertheRoyal, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:07, said:

I am saddened to think you considered that as harassment.

It was simply people disagreeing with your idea, as is their right. Just as voicing said idea is your own right.

 

Anyway, good luck. Hope to see you in game sometime and all that jazz.

 


This ^^^

CapnNoahJoJo03 #22 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 15:51

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 9041 battles
  • 56
  • [CEASS] CEASS
  • Member since:
    04-08-2016
Nobody loves you.

Silversound #23 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 34940 battles
  • 2,883
  • [GUNS] GUNS
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

So I took the time to read the OP's original post.

The guy's a tempest in a teapot.

 

Just ignore him and his perspective.

Pretty clueless both in and out of the game.

 

He seems to be a perfect combination of arrogance and ignorance.

We all know guys like this, they burn down everything they touch.

 

Kurt von Hammerstein-Equord

 I divide my officers into four groups. There are clever, diligent, stupid, and lazy officers. Usually two characteristics are combined.

 

Some are clever and diligent -- their place is the General Staff.

 

The next lot are stupid and lazy -- they make up 90 percent of every army and are suited to routine duties.

 

Anyone who is both clever and lazy is qualified for the highest leadership duties, because he possesses the intellectual clarity and the composure necessary for difficult decisions.

 

One must beware of anyone who is stupid and diligent -- he must not be entrusted with any responsibility because he will always cause only mischief.

 

*Lock this thread before it goes up in flames.



DUKE_AUTY #24 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:26

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33054 battles
  • 1,542
  • Member since:
    07-11-2012

I just read OP's locked post.

 

Please send me $50.00 and I'll contact my moderator buddies.

 

All those mean people will be dealt with.



manimal79 #25 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 16:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 35944 battles
  • 3,100
  • Member since:
    08-20-2013

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 04:02, said:

Just post something and boom harassment follows .Here's a secret how not to get banned in forums.(1) Have a moderator as a buddy. Know any other methods used , here's your chance in showing how to be a jerk and get away with it.This is going to be interesting .

 

I'm not a representative of WG or our great leader Serb, but I will speak on their behalf and say "sorry we don't provide safe spaces"

Ironmike11B #26 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:39

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26981 battles
  • 1,667
  • [BOND] BOND
  • Member since:
    01-11-2013
I've seen some stupid crapon the forums, but this and the locked thread top it all.

StatusMeansNothing #27 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:56

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68120 battles
  • 149
  • [MMAD] MMAD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

 

I

View PostDarkbee2Bee, on Aug 08 2017 - 07:41, said:

 

The art of debating seems to be a dying art.  Standard procedure these days is to attempt a character assassination right off the bat; better head the other guy off at the pass!

The OP's thread that got locked was/is a classic example.

 

thank you for proving being a jerk is the way to go in here. Apparently you don't attack the thread but personal attacks  doesn't work. lets attack him on negative ratings which none of you know why and just to clear it up on my ratings i posted cheaters and hackers and they got pissed.Years later Wargaming got off their butts and said we will stop the cheats and here is the resulting banned and permanently suspended in this game. Know your facts before assuming you are the know it all  that you won hand down.Congratulation on this sewage of cyber bullies and freeloaders in here. Hell you people live for trying to make others miserable as you are. Truth hurts doesn't it trash talkers.

Edited by StatusMeansNothing, Aug 08 2017 - 17:59.


Holo_ #28 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 17:58

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1073 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    06-12-2015

It's kind of hard to read what you're writing, there.  I get a bit of an idea, but it's super foggy with errors and run ons.

 

Posting cheaters and hackers?  I mean, if you were trying to call players out here, then yes, you'll get in trouble.  Name and shame is to prevent ostracizing of players based on a single players opinion or statement.  Essentially it's a direct route to encouraging toxicity and because of that is not allowed.  Save the replay, send a ticket.  Otherwise, don't bother.

 

 

These forums are also "get what you give", a poorly presented idea or poor rant will get poor replies, where a well written complaint or concern will get better responses.  Your other thread started off poor with your initial post and attitude and only went down hill from there.  You come off as hostile and negative.

 

Yes, lots of inappropriate posts where made in response, but you are not free of blame for setting a poor tone.  Discourse can happen, just gotta present your ideas, back them up or explain them all while doing so clearly and legibly.  NOTE: this doesn't excuse the inappropriate and rude responses and stat bashing is not acceptable forms of discussing an idea.

 

Good luck out there!  


Edited by Holo_, Aug 08 2017 - 18:16.


StatusMeansNothing #29 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:07

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68120 battles
  • 149
  • [MMAD] MMAD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011

View PostSilversound, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:12, said:

So I took the time to read the OP's original post.

The guy's a tempest in a teapot.

 

Just ignore him and his perspective.

Pretty clueless both in and out of the game.

 

He seems to be a perfect combination of arrogance and ignorance.

We all know guys like this, they burn down everything they touch.

 

 

*Lock this thread before it goes up in flames.

 

so you are a supremest  .Caught that in your post.

He seems to be a perfect combination of arrogance and ignorance.

We all know guys like this, they burn down everything they touch. You have first hand knowledge don't you.



riff_ #30 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:09

    Major

  • Players
  • 25182 battles
  • 8,262
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostCrazzyStreaker, on Aug 08 2017 - 08:30, said:

 

Oh, my!!!!

riff_ #31 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:12

    Major

  • Players
  • 25182 battles
  • 8,262
  • Member since:
    08-02-2013

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:07, said:

 

so you are a supremest  .Caught that in your post.

He seems to be a perfect combination of arrogance and ignorance.

We all know guys like this, they burn down everything they touch. You have first hand knowledge don't you.

 

You need to find a better hobby than posting stuff like this on the forum.  Try knitting or something.  Your trolling the forum is lame.

StatusMeansNothing #32 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:20

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 68120 battles
  • 149
  • [MMAD] MMAD
  • Member since:
    03-01-2011
This forum are meant for you spineless people who talk tough here and run if said in person. Stay here and be your own bosses and thanks for the survey Moderators are for you sarcastic and belligerent foul mouth minority. Pat yourself on the back and continue non productive in life.Not an observation just  fact .Prisons and welfare are full of you non productive people that prey on weakness of others to support them . There is no debating only bashing in any thread.You bash me and later bash your so called friend in the forum .You will go to other games when you are bored here and bash  someone else . The youth is lazy and unimaginative needs reality tv to raise them. No guidance just blindness .I blame your parents for not teaching you good ethics and buying you laptops and ipods etc just to get you away from them .They don't want the responsibility to be parents to you.That sad .Children raising Children.on the internet  what and monsters you are. Unsupervised and unanswerable to your behavior . There you have real hatred for the truth , not me but your parents and yourselves .Good luck you'll need it.

Edited by StatusMeansNothing, Aug 08 2017 - 18:33.


Darkbee2Bee #33 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:35

    Major

  • Players
  • 30962 battles
  • 2,838
  • [-FG-] -FG-
  • Member since:
    06-23-2013

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 11:56, said:

 

I

 

thank you for proving being a jerk is the way to go in here. Apparently you don't attack the thread but personal attacks  doesn't work. lets attack him on negative ratings which none of you know why and just to clear it up on my ratings i posted cheaters and hackers and they got pissed.Years later Wargaming got off their butts and said we will stop the cheats and here is the resulting banned and permanently suspended in this game. Know your facts before assuming you are the know it all  that you won hand down.Congratulation on this sewage of cyber bullies and freeloaders in here. Hell you people live for trying to make others miserable as you are. Truth hurts doesn't it trash talkers.

 

I don't really get what you're saying.  I didn't call you out specifically.  Only stating that your original thread degenerated into name-calling on both sides.  it is a societal thing these days.  Heck, even presidential candidates do it.

 

If you want to call me names, feel free.  I promise to feign outrage and respond in kind.  :)



RivertheRoyal #34 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:41

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 1076 battles
  • 16
  • Member since:
    08-28-2016

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 18:20, said:

This forum are meant for you spineless people who talk tough here and run if said in person. Stay here and be your own bosses and thanks for the survey Moderators are for you sarcastic and belligerent foul mouth minority. Pat yourself on the back and continue non productive in life.Not an observation just  fact .Prisons and welfare are full of you non productive people that prey on weakness of others to support them . There is no debating only bashing in any thread.You bash me and later bash your so called friend in the forum .You will go to other games when you are bored here and bash  someone else . The youth is lazy and unimaginative needs reality tv to raise them. No guidance just blindness .I blame your parents for not teaching you good ethics and buying you laptops and ipods etc just to get you away from them .They don't want the responsibility to be parents to you.That sad .Children raising Children.on the internet  what monsters internet bred. There you have real hatred for the truth , not me but your parents and yourselves .Good luck you'll need it.

 

A thread is only as good as it's author.

If someone posts something insightful, thought out, and with a touch of humour? Everyone's all over it, heaping on praise and adding to the thread in a helpful manner—though of course there will be people who skulk into said thread and make comments belittling various aspects of others.

Then there's you.

Neither of the threads you put out today really conducted themselves towards discussion, did they? I mean, you made it pretty clear in the first one that it was "your way or the highway". If you didn't like what someone was saying, you said their word didn't count for one reason or another. Now, it seems to me that this is the least effective way of creating a good post. I mean, of course they're gonna bash you. Nothing hurts so much as being dismissed or ignored, even if it doesn't really matter in the end. 

And then in this thread, you started of by basically saying that anyone can get away with harassment if they buddy up with the mods.

This is incorrect. I assure you that Mezu, Jay, or any of the other moderators will not give special privileges. If I start acting out of line, I expect fully to be called out for it. Hell, I have been, once.

 

Other than that, the tone from your last thread carried over to here.

People are smart. I'm sure everyone here read your OP and felt the blatant antagonism. They responded in kind. 

A thread is only going to mirror the first post, after all.

 

Good day, and good luck, Status. I still hope to see you in game. I trust the experience would be well worth my time.     



Nonamanadus #35 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 18:57

    Major

  • Players
  • 23851 battles
  • 3,057
  • [HBG] HBG
  • Member since:
    02-02-2013

Be respectful even if others are not. 

 

Slinging mud gets oneself dirty as well.



Klaatu_Nicto #36 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 43943 battles
  • 6,818
  • Member since:
    09-21-2012

View PostDarkbee2Bee, on Aug 08 2017 - 05:41, said:

 

The art of debating seems to be a dying art.  Standard procedure these days is to attempt a character assassination right off the bat; better head the other guy off at the pass!

The OP's thread that got locked was/is a classic example.

 

That statement is so true.

PelhamBlue #37 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:12

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 8303 battles
  • 168
  • Member since:
    01-18-2016

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 09:02, said:

Just post something and boom harassment follows .Here's a secret how not to get banned in forums.(1) Have a moderator as a buddy. Know any other methods used , here's your chance in showing how to be a jerk and get away with it.This is going to be interesting .

 

So, I read your now locked post, and everything seems to indicate you're an idiot beyond imagination.

Dude, you have issues. Serious issues.

Use that money you spend on premium stuff in the game to buy a life, this one you have seems to make you miserable.


Edited by PelhamBlue, Aug 08 2017 - 19:14.


Silversound #38 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:13

    Major

  • Players
  • 34940 battles
  • 2,883
  • [GUNS] GUNS
  • Member since:
    08-22-2011

What is a "supremest"?



Holo_ #39 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:24

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 1073 battles
  • 534
  • Member since:
    06-12-2015

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:20, said:

This forum are meant for you spineless people who talk tough here and run if said in person. Stay here and be your own bosses and thanks for the survey Moderators are for you sarcastic and belligerent foul mouth minority. Pat yourself on the back and continue non productive in life.Not an observation just  fact .Prisons and welfare are full of you non productive people that prey on weakness of others to support them . There is no debating only bashing in any thread.You bash me and later bash your so called friend in the forum .You will go to other games when you are bored here and bash  someone else . The youth is lazy and unimaginative needs reality tv to raise them. No guidance just blindness .I blame your parents for not teaching you good ethics and buying you laptops and ipods etc just to get you away from them .They don't want the responsibility to be parents to you.That sad .Children raising Children.on the internet  what and monsters you are. Unsupervised and unanswerable to your behavior . There you have real hatred for the truth , not me but your parents and yourselves .Good luck you'll need it.

 

You seem bitter.  Thaw out a bit, lad.



MacDaddyMatty #40 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:28

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15780 battles
  • 2,820
  • [HHOUR] HHOUR
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostNonamanadus, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:57, said:

Be respectful even if others are not.

 

Slinging mud gets oneself dirty as well.

 

+1

 

"When you have to kill a man, it costs nothing to be polite." - Winston Churchill






4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users