• This topic is locked This topic is locked
74 replies to this topic

PelhamBlue #41 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:44

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8303 battles

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 14:20, said:

Prisons and welfare are full of you non productive people

I knew this was coming. Whenever you see a post advocating for segregation of players, be it SA server, FTP server, "The game runs on the money we spend on it", freeloader and whatnot, eventually the "welfare" topic is coming. It's so typical it gets boring. Righ wing elitist bigots, typically males in the 40-60 age range, complaining about millenials, calling liberals to anyone who don't agree with them, xenophobes, racists. They're not rich though, (for rich people know they're beyond all that, and try to keep a low profile -only spoiled kids brag about gaming rigs and stuff they bought-) they had to work their entire life, so they can't understand other people having it a bit easier on life. They are angry because some people get with less effort what took them a lifetime of hard work to obtain. But instead of having an open mind, they stand on the bitter side of life.

There can be exceptions, of course, but so far this profile seems to be pretty much accurate.

Also, there's no point in arguing with this type of people, since an adult isn't likely to change his mind; their arguments don't come from reasoning and rational elaboration, but from raw feeling and emotion.

Edited by PelhamBlue, Aug 08 2017 - 19:46.

_Laserguided_ #42 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:13

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26401 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 10:44, said:

I knew this was coming. Whenever you see a post advocating for segregation of players, be it SA server, FTP server, "The game runs on the money we spend on it", freeloader and whatnot, eventually the "welfare" topic is coming. It's so typical it gets boring. Righ wing elitist bigots, typically males in the 40-60 age range, complaining about millenials, calling liberals to anyone who don't agree with them, xenophobes, racists. They're not rich though, (for rich people know they're beyond all that, and try to keep a low profile -only spoiled kids brag about gaming rigs and stuff they bought-) they had to work their entire life, so they can't understand other people having it a bit easier on life. They are angry because some people get with less effort what took them a lifetime of hard work to obtain. But instead of having an open mind, they stand on the bitter side of life.

There can be exceptions, of course, but so far this profile seems to be pretty much accurate.

Also, there's no point in arguing with this type of people, since an adult isn't likely to change his mind; their arguments don't come from reasoning and rational elaboration, but from raw feeling and emotion.

Where I am from the rich let you know all the time who is who....

Generally adults don't change their minds because they have lived through many things and have developed points of view over decades of living. 

Those who run on raw emotion are not those who worked most of their lives... You can find them by walking the campus of local college with a hamburger.  Of course you can stump them by asking when their home state become part of the union. 

PelhamBlue #43 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8303 battles

View Post_Laserguided_, on Aug 08 2017 - 16:13, said:

Generally adults don't change their minds because they have lived through many things and have developed points of view over decades of living. 

I agree. By adults in this case I mean people born in the mid 50s to the late 60s, early 70s. 

The thing is that most of us who were born in the 80s and layers have grown in a world where flexibility is a need. The constant shifts in economy, politics, relations, etc make us need to constantly adapt to changes, meaning that the old rigid "if it worked in the past it will work now, that's how it's been done forever" no longer works. It's easier for us to change or discard something that's proven useless, than for a guy who lived most of his life in a somewhat predictable environment.

StatusMeansNothing #44 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:36

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68120 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:12, said:

So, I read your now locked post, and everything seems to indicate you're an idiot beyond imagination.

Dude, you have issues. Serious issues.

Use that money you spend on premium stuff in the game to buy a life, this one you have seems to make you miserable.

Now you are a pro claimed doctor. is there nothing you can't do Mr. Perfect . I know be mature and less peer pressure accepted'

Holo_ #45 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:42

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1073 battles

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 15:36, said:

Now you are a pro claimed doctor. is there nothing you can't do Mr. Perfect . I know be mature and less peer pressure accepted'

Take a deep breath and relax.  You come across as being very bent.  That doesn't contribute to a civil thread or discussion and it appears to be a theme of almost all your posts.

StatusMeansNothing #46 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:46

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68120 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:44, said:

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 13:58, said:

I agree. By adults in this case I mean people born in the mid 50s to the late 60s, early 70s. 

The thing is that most of us who were born in the 80s and layers have grown in a world where flexibility is a need. The constant shifts in economy, politics, relations, etc make us need to constantly adapt to changes, meaning that the old rigid "if it worked in the past it will work now, that's how it's been done forever" no longer works. It's easier for us to change or discard something that's proven useless, than for a guy who lived most of his life in a somewhat predictable environment.

you stereotype people without knowing them.You know nothing of my era and clueless of what we had  for morales.You get all your information off the internet,friends and above all here. How dare you even suggest my era is not accepting change.Who are you to deem what is and what won't be accepted. Yuppies and baby boomers got this all wrapped up nicely in their as you said liberal comfy zone? Shame on you and your narrow minded train of thought.I even question your respect for your parents doubt you even respected them. having read your post as unimaginative and embarrassed ways of having our generation is a pure screw up because we were taught morales. Keep up your lifestyle of crapping on people, for one day we will be around to help your ungrateful life. Appalling opinionated individual attitude to adults. what excuses you going to use than. Maybe an apology for being a total rectum and selfish thinking we owe you and you don't have to earn or work for it.We owe you nothing ,you owe us for we had struggled with countless heart ships and lost love ones in wars so you can sit on you backside with your hands out for a free ride in life.How dare you judge us in the 50's as predictable area .You are a hypocrite and uninformed living in a fantasy world.

Edited by StatusMeansNothing, Aug 08 2017 - 22:39.

Holo_ #47 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 22:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1073 battles
Sounds like someone is in need of a hug.

StatusMeansNothing #48 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 22:14

Sergeant

• Players
  • 68120 battles
  • [MMAD] MMAD

View PostHolo_, on Aug 08 2017 - 15:04, said:

Sounds like someone is in need of a hug.

now its your turn since he failed miserably attempt at stereo typing  me .Knock you socks off. I already proved my point . He has nothing to add nor do you in your defense of his statement justifying his ignorance and attempt to discredit my generation. Have a nice day!!

Edited by StatusMeansNothing, Aug 08 2017 - 22:18.

PelhamBlue #49 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 22:41

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8303 battles
Well, you said it was indeed "your era", yet your profile indicates nothing about your age or where you live.
And no, I don't need to know you personally to know who you are and what you think, what you had or didn't have. In fact, you are laying all that information yourself in you different posts.
By the way, you're doing the same you're accusing me of, by talking whether I respect or not my parents, and making different assumptions about me. I get my "information" based on observation. You... I'd guess "from life and experience".

Holo_ #50 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 23:16

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1073 battles

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 16:14, said:

now its your turn since he failed miserably attempt at stereo typing  me .Knock you socks off. I already proved my point . He has nothing to add nor do you in your defense of his statement justifying his ignorance and attempt to discredit my generation. Have a nice day!!

You're already doing a fine job of defining your generation with your surly attitude.  Things go a lot better and discussions go a lot easier when you articulate them without oozing malice, aggression, and overall bitterness.  Relax.  Don't look for confrontation in every word someone says.

ArmorStorm #51 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 23:27

Major

• Players
  • 32835 battles
  • [F__R] F__R

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 14:46, said:

you stereotype people without knowing them.You know nothing of my era and clueless of what we had  for morales.You get all your information off the internet,friends and above all here. How dare you even suggest my era is not accepting change.Who are you to deem what is and what won't be accepted. Yuppies and baby boomers got this all wrapped up nicely in their as you said liberal comfy zone? Shame on you and your narrow minded train of thought.I even question your respect for your parents doubt you even respected them. having read your post as unimaginative and embarrassed ways of having our generation is a pure screw up because we were taught morales. Keep up your lifestyle of crapping on people, for one day we will be around to help your ungrateful life. Appalling opinionated individual attitude to adults. what excuses you going to use than. Maybe an apology for being a total rectum and selfish thinking we owe you and you don't have to earn or work for it.We owe you nothing ,you owe us for we had struggled with countless heart ships and lost love ones in wars so you can sit on you backside with your hands out for a free ride in life.How dare you judge us in the 50's as predictable area .You are a hypocrite and uninformed living in a fantasy world.

You are a crushing embarrassment to those of us in our 50's.  By this time you should be over the "I paid more so I should get special treatment" phase.  I would have expected a man of your age to be able to spell, perhaps even use proper grammar for your rants.  You make the same foolish statements about those of differing ages that you condemn when used against you, and claim superiority.  

The truth is that there are individuals of character and those who are lacking in every generation.  You sir, are among the latter.

Doomslinger #52 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 00:00

Major

• Players
  • 59832 battles
You are saying that it is only the younger people who are bullies and insulting on here? I have news for you, everyone can be like that at any age. The only difference between a younger person and an older person is that the older people can beat you with decades of experience at being a jerk. I have worked with older people in their 50s and 60s and I know they can be as childish as a teenager. Age makes no difference. There are jerks in every age category in this world.

_Laserguided_ #53 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 01:19

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26401 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 11:58, said:

Strange... I see these so-called flexible people come and go at work and the common trait is that they lack a foundation of knowledge of basic things. Other than their phone, most things are alien to them. Can't work on their own car, home and or much of anything else.  Not sure where you got the idea there was much stability prior to 80's...  From my vantage point many of the "us" you speak lack the ability to figure things out and far too many lack a work ethic that most employers expect. 

PelhamBlue #54 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 02:14

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8303 battles

View Post_Laserguided_, on Aug 08 2017 - 21:19, said:

Strange... I see these so-called flexible people come and go at work and the common trait is that they lack a foundation of knowledge of basic things. Other than their phone, most things are alien to them. Can't work on their own car, home and or much of anything else.  Not sure where you got the idea there was much stability prior to 80's...  From my vantage point many of the "us" you speak lack the ability to figure things out and far too many lack a work ethic that most employers expect. 

I totally agree with you, because, as I see it, we're looking at the different sides of the same coin. On one hand you have a guy who doesn't have problems to switch jobs, freelance for example. On the other hand, that same guy may probably is not adapted to a work schedule. They lack most basic skills, but yet they have an impressive ability to get to a computer and learn how to make a 3D printed hand in two days. It's basically what millennials are. My dad (who's in his 60s) and me (29) grew in totally different worlds. He's worked at a bank for his entire life, since he was 19. He didn't go to college, he didn't need it back then. It was usual in that time that a guy would begin to work at a company, and retire 40 years later from the same company. Me, I have a college degree in psychology and currently study HR. My job history sucks. I've done everything from translator to retail to waiter. The idea of retiring from the same company where you worked your entire life, while it sounds amazing to me, it's not possible today, because companies have switched the way they see and hire employees and employees have changed their working ethics. How we see work, free time, hobbies, family, career and life itself, as well as how we define our priorities, have changed significantly.

But we'll, that's my experience and what I've observed in my country, which could be somewhat different to other countries, of course.

In any case, I'm glad someone took the time to read what I posted and actually discuss the topic (which has nothing to do with the OP)

Lethalhavoc #55 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 02:18

Major

• Players
  • 37985 battles
Somewhere a man named Webster is rolling in his grave.

_Laserguided_ #56 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 03:29

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 26401 battles
  • [BAGG] BAGG

View PostPelhamBlue, on Aug 08 2017 - 17:14, said:

I totally agree with you, because, as I see it, we're looking at the different sides of the same coin. On one hand you have a guy who doesn't have problems to switch jobs, freelance for example. On the other hand, that same guy may probably is not adapted to a work schedule. They lack most basic skills, but yet they have an impressive ability to get to a computer and learn how to make a 3D printed hand in two days. It's basically what millennials are. My dad (who's in his 60s) and me (29) grew in totally different worlds. He's worked at a bank for his entire life, since he was 19. He didn't go to college, he didn't need it back then. It was usual in that time that a guy would begin to work at a company, and retire 40 years later from the same company. Me, I have a college degree in psychology and currently study HR. My job history sucks. I've done everything from translator to retail to waiter. The idea of retiring from the same company where you worked your entire life, while it sounds amazing to me, it's not possible today, because companies have switched the way they see and hire employees and employees have changed their working ethics. How we see work, free time, hobbies, family, career and life itself, as well as how we define our priorities, have changed significantly.

But we'll, that's my experience and what I've observed in my country, which could be somewhat different to other countries, of course.

In any case, I'm glad someone took the time to read what I posted and actually discuss the topic (which has nothing to do with the OP)

The mention of your father and his (life long) profession connects the dots. I grew up in a household where my parents did almost everything themselves.  My dad worked construction and built classic cars on the side. My mother was very handy able to do just about anything needed around the house as well. Nothing was sourced out. The younger people I work with cannot believe I change my own oil, let alone do major repair items. Same for home remodels and likewise stuff.  I am lucky because I have a foot in the door in the old and new. I have been building my computers since the mid 90's. Of course it wasn't that hard since I had for a decade installed the large C-Band sat systems and was immersed in technology...  Nice chatting... Have a good one. 

PelhamBlue #57 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 03:37

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8303 battles

View Post_Laserguided_, on Aug 08 2017 - 23:29, said:

The mention of your father and his (life long) profession connects the dots. I grew up in a household where my parents did almost everything themselves.  My dad worked construction and built classic cars on the side. My mother was very handy able to do just about anything needed around the house as well. Nothing was sourced out. The younger people I work with cannot believe I change my own oil, let alone do major repair items. Same for home remodels and likewise stuff.  I am lucky because I have a foot in the door in the old and new. I have been building my computers since the mid 90's. Of course it wasn't that hard since I had for a decade installed the large C-Band sat systems and was immersed in technology...  Nice chatting... Have a good one. 

A bit of what you said reminded me of my grandfather, who built his own house with the help of some friends and neighbors. Anyway, in my case, we also didn't outsourced anything, and helping my parents with everything that has to be done in the house (painting, making some furniture, that sort of things) is one of the best memories I have from my teenage days.

See you around sir...

the_Deadly_Bulb #58 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 08:09

Captain

• Players
  • 17678 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostStatusMeansNothing, on Aug 08 2017 - 04:02, said:

Just post something and boom harassment follows .Here's a secret how not to get banned in forums.(1) Have a moderator as a buddy. Know any other methods used , here's your chance in showing how to be a jerk and get away with it.This is going to be interesting .

How about you go have a nice cup of shut the f*ck up.

With over 1200 posts you are the first individual juvenile enough to actually look me up and message me in game to tell me what I have shoved in my @ss and how you feel about Canada.

This is a whole new level of simple.

It also serves to establish 2 things for me;

First, you take the cake for childish nonsensical douchebaggery. Truly epic. As I've already said, your the tops in this category and there have been many who have tried to attain your insipid level of all encompassing stupid. None have come close, congratulations on being perhaps the single stupidest person I've encountered on the WoT forum.

Second, you have a predilection for things being rectally inserted. This is amusing, and not entirely surprising given your demonstrated intellect.

You are without a doubt on track to be just as big a non item here as you are on the WoT Battlefield. You bring nothing of value, only deranged ramblings of an incoherent fool.

You'll be pleased to know your now enshrined on my Blacklist. Way better than XVM for letting me know right away which red tanks get the hammer first. I'm going to enjoy seeing you in game, that's a promise.

Darkbee2Bee #59 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 14:00

Major

• Players
  • 30962 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
You know you've reached a new low when you've upset a Canadian and didn't even get an apology... from THEM. :D

Silversound #60 Posted Aug 09 2017 - 16:08

Major

• Players
  • 34940 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS
This thread is great example of the old adage "If you are in a hole, stop digging!".

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users