Jump to content


Matchmaking is still trash


  • Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

CrabbierPig92 #1 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:21

    Private

  • -Players-
  • 5275 battles
  • 4
  • [NIN-] NIN-
  • Member since:
    04-23-2016
.

Edited by CrabbierPig92, Aug 08 2017 - 19:22.


DiReWoLF_27 #2 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 19:28

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 31446 battles
  • 31
  • [_USSR] _USSR
  • Member since:
    11-06-2014

Hmm, 1 minute before OP deleted original post....

 

Well if OP was talking about how about 2/3 of all matches for a tier 8 tank is a tier 10 match then I agree.

 



black_colt #3 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:00

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 3360 battles
  • 1,832
  • Member since:
    01-11-2015

View PostCrabbierPig92, on Aug 08 2017 - 10:21, said:

.

 

View PostDiReWoLF_27, on Aug 08 2017 - 10:28, said:

Hmm, 1 minute before OP deleted original post....

 

Well if OP was talking about how about 2/3 of all matches for a tier 8 tank is a tier 10 match then I agree.

 

 

How about joining the conversation in the following Thread:

 

http://forum.worldof...riumph/#topmost

 

 



Devildog8 #4 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:05

    Major

  • Players
  • 9160 battles
  • 2,886
  • [XILES] XILES
  • Member since:
    12-26-2011

View Postblack_colt, on Aug 08 2017 - 13:00, said:

 

 

How about joining the conversation in the following Thread:

 

http://forum.worldof...riumph/#topmost

 

 

 

how about threads

DuncanKFW #5 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:07

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13740 battles
  • 264
  • [NAISU] NAISU
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

OP you should have played this game in 2011. Back then there was no such thing as mm. You would literally be put into a tier 10 match in a tier 6 tank. I almost miss the days when I would meet IS-7s in my then tier 6 KV-3. 

 

MM at the moment is the best it ever has been. Part of the problem many tier 8 drivers face is that tier 8 is by far the most popular tier in the game due to the massive exp curve on tier 9s and 10s, as well as the wealth of tier 8 premium tanks on offer. Nowadays you can actually go into tier 10 games as a tier 8 and have some hope of having an impact on the game. 

 



Treacherous_Neighbour #6 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:17

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26805 battles
  • 1,232
  • Member since:
    01-04-2013

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:07, said:

OP you should have played this game in 2011. Back then there was no such thing as mm. You would literally be put into a tier 10 match in a tier 6 tank. I almost miss the days when I would meet IS-7s in my then tier 6 KV-3. 

 

MM at the moment is the best it ever has been. Part of the problem many tier 8 drivers face is that tier 8 is by far the most popular tier in the game due to the massive exp curve on tier 9s and 10s, as well as the wealth of tier 8 premium tanks on offer. Nowadays you can actually go into tier 10 games as a tier 8 and have some hope of having an impact on the game. 

 

 

So because MM was rubbish then, its somehow fine now? 

 

WG apologists. No matter how much WG stuffs up 10 guys on this forum will jump to their defence.

 

"Tier X is Aids" - Circon

"Tier 8 is unplayable" - Straik

"Low tiers are hell" - skill4u

"WG has broken this games mm" - sirfoch

 

4 of the best players in this games recent take on MM,

 

"MM is so good" - the 20 guys left on NA still playing this game....



bunnycaulk #7 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:26

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 502 battles
  • 135
  • Member since:
    06-29-2017

View PostTreacherous_Neighbour, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:17, said:

 

So because MM was rubbish then, its somehow fine now? 

 

WG apologists. No matter how much WG stuffs up 10 guys on this forum will jump to their defence.

 

"Tier X is Aids" - Circon

"Tier 8 is unplayable" - Straik

"Low tiers are hell" - skill4u

"WG has broken this games mm" - sirfoch

 

4 of the best players in this games recent take on MM,

 

"MM is so good" - the 20 guys left on NA still playing this game....

 

MM is good.  you need to complain less.  all of you whiners.

DuncanKFW #8 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:31

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13740 battles
  • 264
  • [NAISU] NAISU
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

View PostTreacherous_Neighbour, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:17, said:

 

So because MM was rubbish then, its somehow fine now? 

 

WG apologists. No matter how much WG stuffs up 10 guys on this forum will jump to their defence.

 

"Tier X is Aids" - Circon

"Tier 8 is unplayable" - Straik

"Low tiers are hell" - skill4u

"WG has broken this games mm" - sirfoch

 

4 of the best players in this games recent take on MM,

 

"MM is so good" - the 20 guys left on NA still playing this game....

 

​Did I ever say MM was fine? No- I didn't. I said it's the best it ever has been, which is the truth. 

 

This time last year if you were in a tier 8 you could be sorted into a near full tier 10 and tier 9 game, with you being the sole tier 8. This was crap. 

 

This time last year MM didn't take into account the balance of vehicle classes. You could have 3 Maus tanks face up against 3 Leopard 1s on Ensk and the Maus team would win 9/10 times. 

 

3/5/7 works SO well compared to the old random MM. It could be improved, but ​MM is the best it ever has been. 

 

The reason MM is particularly bad on NA is because there aren't enough players for MM to create even matches. MM works well on EU because you have a minimum of 30-40,000 players online on each individual server at all times, whereas NA can drop to as low as 6000 across both servers. If you find the MM to be too bad to play on NA then maybe you should try the EU region to see if it's any better. 

 

Anyhow, I've been having a lot more fun in my tier 8 tanks with this new mm. Even if it is a tier 10 game, I feel like I have a genuinely big chance to impact the game unlike before. 



Treacherous_Neighbour #9 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:42

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26805 battles
  • 1,232
  • Member since:
    01-04-2013

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:31, said:

 

​Did I ever say MM was fine? No- I didn't. I said it's the best it ever has been, which is the truth. 

 

This time last year if you were in a tier 8 you could be sorted into a near full tier 10 and tier 9 game, with you being the sole tier 8. This was crap. 

 

This time last year MM didn't take into account the balance of vehicle classes. You could have 3 Maus tanks face up against 3 Leopard 1s on Ensk and the Maus team would win 9/10 times. 

 

3/5/7 works SO well compared to the old random MM. It could be improved, but ​MM is the best it ever has been. 

 

The reason MM is particularly bad on NA is because there aren't enough players for MM to create even matches. MM works well on EU because you have a minimum of 30-40,000 players online on each individual server at all times, whereas NA can drop to as low as 6000 across both servers. If you find the MM to be too bad to play on NA then maybe you should try the EU region to see if it's any better. 

 

Anyhow, I've been having a lot more fun in my tier 8 tanks with this new mm. Even if it is a tier 10 game, I feel like I have a genuinely big chance to impact the game unlike before. 

 

If its the best that its ever been why are these guys trashing it? 

 

The EU server has dropped from 140k to around 80k since the gold spam , tier X stompfest patch. My friends list on EU has gone dark and quiet, people are quitting en masse.

 

The reasons are .

 

1.) Gold ammo is required to play high tiers, cause things like Maus and type 5 (and 20 others)

2.) Therefore you need to paly prem tier 8s, to afford the gold but

3.) tier 8 is just getting stomped by tier X

 

Ergo, the game is expensive to fund

 

Ergo, people play less

 

But hey, this games in good shape, best its ever been, its only the whiners leaving



DuncanKFW #10 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:50

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13740 battles
  • 264
  • [NAISU] NAISU
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

View PostTreacherous_Neighbour, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:42, said:

 

If its the best that its ever been why are these guys trashing it? 

 

The EU server has dropped from 140k to around 80k since the gold spam , tier X stompfest patch. My friends list on EU has gone dark and quiet, people are quitting en masse.

 

The reasons are .

 

1.) Gold ammo is required to play high tiers, cause things like Maus and type 5 (and 20 others)

2.) Therefore you need to paly prem tier 8s, to afford the gold but

3.) tier 8 is just getting stomped by tier X

 

Ergo, the game is expensive to fund

 

Ergo, people play less

 

But hey, this games in good shape, best its ever been, its only the whiners leaving

 

​Just today I was making 100k+ profit games in my tier 8 premiums. 


​Changes to MM have nothing to do with the introduction of a superheavy tank meta, nor the changes in the purchasing of premium rounds with credits. They are two completely different topics which affect the game in different ways. 

 

Again, you are failing to grasp what I am trying to say. Tier 8s have a higher chance in games nowadays because the maximum number of tier 10s per tier 8 game is now 3. This limit didn't use to exist, so you could have 10 tier 10 tanks coupled with 4 tier 9s and 1 single tier 8. It was so much worse for the bottom tiered tanks back then. 

 

TL DR The chances of getting stomped by tier 10 tanks is now far less because there are far less tier 10 tanks in each battle to begin with. 


Edited by DuncanKFW, Aug 08 2017 - 20:50.


Treacherous_Neighbour #11 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 20:59

    Captain

  • Players
  • 26805 battles
  • 1,232
  • Member since:
    01-04-2013

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:50, said:

 

​Just today I was making 100k+ profit games in my tier 8 premiums. 


​Changes to MM have nothing to do with the introduction of a superheavy tank meta, nor the changes in the purchasing of premium rounds with credits. They are two completely different topics which affect the game in different ways. 

 

Again, you are failing to grasp what I am trying to say. Tier 8s have a higher chance in games nowadays because the maximum number of tier 10s per tier 8 game is now 3. This limit didn't use to exist, so you could have 10 tier 10 tanks coupled with 4 tier 9s and 1 single tier 8. It was so much worse for the bottom tiered tanks back then. 

 

TL DR The chances of getting stomped by tier 10 tanks is now far less because there are far less tier 10 tanks in each battle to begin with. 

 

Non of your numbers are adding up.

 

Before the patch, tier 8 was top and middle tier as much as bottom - you had a 1 in 3 chance of being stomped by a tier 10

 

These days you spend 80% of your games as bottom tier, thus  you have a higher chance of being stomped by a tierr 10.

 

2800 damage is not going to net  you 100k credits. Watch Skill4u he is getting 100k profit a game - doing 4k damage.

 

 



DuncanKFW #12 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 21:20

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 13740 battles
  • 264
  • [NAISU] NAISU
  • Member since:
    10-19-2011

View PostTreacherous_Neighbour, on Aug 08 2017 - 20:59, said:

 

Non of your numbers are adding up.

 

Before the patch, tier 8 was top and middle tier as much as bottom - you had a 1 in 3 chance of being stomped by a tier 10

 

These days you spend 80% of your games as bottom tier, thus  you have a higher chance of being stomped by a tierr 10.

 

2800 damage is not going to net  you 100k credits. Watch Skill4u he is getting 100k profit a game - doing 4k damage.

 

 

 

​I can link you my 2k dmg games with 100k profit. Damage does not equal credits, kills/assisted dmg/cap points do too. 

 

What I mean is that when you are indeed bottom tier you have a much better chance of doing well than before. 

 

Yes, the likelihood of being top tier in a tier 8 tank has fallen, but I don't really mind this because I can still do well in tier 10 games :)


Edited by DuncanKFW, Aug 08 2017 - 21:21.


DiReWoLF_27 #13 Posted Aug 08 2017 - 22:22

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 31446 battles
  • 31
  • [_USSR] _USSR
  • Member since:
    11-06-2014

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 08 2017 - 12:31, said:

 

​Did I ever say MM was fine? No- I didn't. I said it's the best it ever has been, which is the truth. 

 

This time last year if you were in a tier 8 you could be sorted into a near full tier 10 and tier 9 game, with you being the sole tier 8. This was crap. 

 

This time last year MM didn't take into account the balance of vehicle classes. You could have 3 Maus tanks face up against 3 Leopard 1s on Ensk and the Maus team would win 9/10 times. 

 

3/5/7 works SO well compared to the old random MM. It could be improved, but ​MM is the best it ever has been. 

 

The reason MM is particularly bad on NA is because there aren't enough players for MM to create even matches. MM works well on EU because you have a minimum of 30-40,000 players online on each individual server at all times, whereas NA can drop to as low as 6000 across both servers. If you find the MM to be too bad to play on NA then maybe you should try the EU region to see if it's any better. 

 

Anyhow, I've been having a lot more fun in my tier 8 tanks with this new mm. Even if it is a tier 10 game, I feel like I have a genuinely big chance to impact the game unlike before. 

 

At first I was not certain what to think of your comment but after your second post I have to say that yours is the most subtly amusing insult to the mm I have read recently.

UTurnTerminator #14 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 09:30

    Staff sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 6726 battles
  • 392
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V
  • Member since:
    08-25-2015
I remember back in 2015 when you played late night and tier 1 tanks could see tier 5 tanks if the server population was low enough. I've got some old saved replays of T1 Cunninghams facing down Churchill III's, and a couple really short ones when some T-34-85's faced off against a Maus on Mines. The good old days right? :teethhappy:

In all seriousness though, things today are better than they have ever been for matchups. The number of single-tier games is improving, the number of steamrollers is decreasing. Things aren't prefect, but we are definitely moving in the right direction.




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users