weekly tourneys ended, WG posting expected Summer of 2021

• Please log in to reply
73 replies to this topic

_GeorgePreddy #41 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 21:35

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Aug 19 2017 - 21:15, said:

It is now 19 days and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments. 

Do you somehow feel "entitled" to weekly tournaments ?

If so... why ?

Are you paying money for weekly tournaments that you are not receiving ?

RECON_RANGER #42 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 11:49

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Aug 19 2017 - 21:35, said:

Do you somehow feel "entitled" to weekly tournaments ?

If so... why ?

Are you paying money for weekly tournaments that you are not receiving ?

No, but I believe WG is being disingenuous.

RECON_RANGER #43 Posted Aug 22 2017 - 03:31

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles
It is now 21 days and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments.

VisaWarrior_br #44 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 15:04

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38181 battles
  • [HUMO] HUMO
Any new info about tournaments...?

Yankee #45 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 15:21

Major

• -Players-
  • 33977 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
This guy is a unicum at counting days on the calendar

Huck_ #46 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 11:40

Major

• Players
  • 34188 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Aug 09 2017 - 11:09, said:

PS, the game will still be around in 2021 but the player base will be just unicums stat padding to protect their stats

Unicums cannot protect their stats by playing other unicums. This is not how math works. 

frontflip2cool #47 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 19:47

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10149 battles
  • [MASH] MASH
What is happening is that WG is so focused on the HD models of tanks and maps that they are like "oh our player base can just give us more money for their gold." News flash to WG reason some people play this game is for the tournaments. If we want to get gold without having to pay for it we might as well go to Faceit.com and get our gold from there because of the lack of tournaments and the face it guys there have their crap in order currently. Right now in my opinion it seems more like WG is trying to see how far people are willing to go with their current amounts of Gold right now. I mean I can't wait for 1year or more for tournaments to make a return. What WG needs to do is put the system they implemented back in the middle of July last year back in and then while keeping those of us here happy work on a so called "improved tournament system." If WG continues like this then they are going to lose A TON of their player base to games like War Thunder and Armored Warfare. I may even stop playing WoT and just go to play War Thunder again like I used to. So that is my opinion and while WG has done some good things in the past(Sweeden tanks) they also have screwed up badly as well(Chrysler GF, Tier 10LT's/scout mm, and removing tournaments etc.) It also seems more like they are only going to try and keep thoae with like every Tier 10 unlocked playing. Us as a player base need to find a way to more of our input recognized without having to become CC's in the process.

landedkiller #48 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 04:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View Postfrontflip2cool, on Aug 26 2017 - 12:47, said:

What is happening is that WG is so focused on the HD models of tanks and maps that they are like "oh our player base can just give us more money for their gold." News flash to WG reason some people play this game is for the tournaments. If we want to get gold without having to pay for it we might as well go to Faceit.com and get our gold from there because of the lack of tournaments and the face it guys there have their crap in order currently. Right now in my opinion it seems more like WG is trying to see how far people are willing to go with their current amounts of Gold right now. I mean I can't wait for 1year or more for tournaments to make a return. What WG needs to do is put the system they implemented back in the middle of July last year back in and then while keeping those of us here happy work on a so called "improved tournament system." If WG continues like this then they are going to lose A TON of their player base to games like War Thunder and Armored Warfare. I may even stop playing WoT and just go to play War Thunder again like I used to. So that is my opinion and while WG has done some good things in the past(Sweeden tanks) they also have screwed up badly as well(Chrysler GF, Tier 10LT's/scout mm, and removing tournaments etc.) It also seems more like they are only going to try and keep thoae with like every Tier 10 unlocked playing. Us as a player base need to find a way to more of our input recognized without having to become CC's in the process.

Fully agreed we need tournaments to continue that way people who don't have tons of money lying around have a way to earn some gold. The OP tanks do not help the game much at all as a Defender owner myself I do support a nerf to armor of this tank if it means that the game can be more balanced. As for the E-25 it's high time it starts seeing tier 9's  and get buffed pen in exchange and a higher ammo count. In addition tier 10 tanks that are fine where they are don't need to be removed from the game and we need a player's council of players that talks with wg on a bi-weekly or monthly basis not for cc but for anyone who wants to discuss the future of the game. In my sig below we discuss thigns like this on the discord server.

frontflip2cool #49 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 12:57

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10149 battles
  • [MASH] MASH

View Postlandedkiller, on Aug 28 2017 - 04:39, said:

Fully agreed we need tournaments to continue that way people who don't have tons of money lying around have a way to earn some gold. The OP tanks do not help the game much at all as a Defender owner myself I do support a nerf to armor of this tank if it means that the game can be more balanced. As for the E-25 it's high time it starts seeing tier 9's  and get buffed pen in exchange and a higher ammo count. In addition tier 10 tanks that are fine where they are don't need to be removed from the game and we need a player's council of players that talks with wg on a bi-weekly or monthly basis not for cc but for anyone who wants to discuss the future of the game. In my sig below we discuss thigns like this on the discord server.

I completely agree with the fact that WG needs to do a player's council of players that talk with them. I mean if they do something like that it should not be limited to CC's but anyone who want's to. so far the only Tourny's i have seen on the website are the absolute clan cup campionships. In another topic feed there has been rumors of seasonal tournaments(in October, November, and December) to finish out the year at least, but they are weekly things and weekly tournaments are things that not everyone has time for. I am a college student now and i don't have the time to play week long tournaments every night.

Outamyhead #50 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 00:14

Corporal

• Players
  • 13199 battles
  • [ROOK] ROOK

View Postfrontflip2cool, on Aug 28 2017 - 03:57, said:

I completely agree with the fact that WG needs to do a player's council of players that talk with them. I mean if they do something like that it should not be limited to CC's but anyone who want's to. so far the only Tourny's i have seen on the website are the absolute clan cup campionships. In another topic feed there has been rumors of seasonal tournaments(in October, November, and December) to finish out the year at least, but they are weekly things and weekly tournaments are things that not everyone has time for. I am a college student now and i don't have the time to play week long tournaments every night.

Agreed, even the people in our clan who are retired, or don't have to worry about the next morning found the 7v7 WGLNA opener too damn long to be fun, I rushed home to make the opening battle (only made it because i work 5 minutes down the road from home), and didn't eat for over four hours because the tournament was way too long for one session...Even the old 5v5 tournaments were only three rounds and then if you did well you made it to the next day and next leg or a playoff for a spot in the next leg, seven rounds of two or three battles a piece is far too long (if that is the new format, it sucks!).

RECON_RANGER #51 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 12:40

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles

It is now 31 days and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments.

RECON_RANGER #52 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 21:00

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles

It is now one month and a day and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments.

PrivateStash #53 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 05:24

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21179 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS

so, claiming you are working on it is worth loosing the few players you have left that dont play tier ten cw?

frontflip2cool #54 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 12:55

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 10149 battles
  • [MASH] MASH

View PostPrivateStash, on Sep 02 2017 - 05:24, said:

so, claiming you are working on it is worth loosing the few players you have left that dont play tier ten cw?

That is basically what is seems like WG is saying with the whole no new tournaments deal that is going on. oh well might as well just go and get my gold from that tournament website called Faceit.com

RECON_RANGER #55 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 17:18

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles

View Postfrontflip2cool, on Sep 05 2017 - 12:55, said:

That is basically what is seems like WG is saying with the whole no new tournaments deal that is going on. oh well might as well just go and get my gold from that tournament website called Faceit.com

When FACEIT first came out all the tournaments were free, but now most are PAID so most players quit the website.  Also, FACEIT made it MUCH harder to earn gold.  I got about 20,000 gold from FACEIT before I quit due to the above changes.  You have to play now for months to get 1000 gold.   

RECON_RANGER #56 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 17:25

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles

View PostPrivateStash, on Sep 02 2017 - 05:24, said:

WGing is a deceitful company. 

1.  Remember how they promised and promised and promised HAVOC was coming and then finally had to officially kill it several years later.

2.  Look at how WG treated FOCH.  I don't like him, but they threatened to pull his UTUBE license because he said a premium tank was bad for the game and PAYTOWIN. 

3.  WG has said many times certain premium tanks would never be sold again, but then WG sells them again. 

Instead of just saying, we have killed off weekly tournaments, they instead say we are working on a new system to string players along and hope they keep playing and then in a year or two they will publicly acknowledge it.   

Edited by RECON_RANGER, Sep 05 2017 - 17:25.

RECON_RANGER #57 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 17:26

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles
It is 34 days and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments.

DannyS76 #58 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 20:43

Corporal

• Players
  • 15942 battles
  • [_CIA_] _CIA_
Ok WG, where the frack are our tournaments. I was a fail player in them, but still had fun. We have clan members who did quite well at them. How 'bout some legitimate answers?

RECON_RANGER #59 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 02:21

Captain

• Players
  • 32302 battles
It is 36 days and still no announcement by WG regarding the return of weekly tournaments.

dominator_98 #60 Posted Sep 10 2017 - 05:59

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 14038 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM

View PostRECON_RANGER, on Aug 10 2017 - 16:55, said:

Listen son, I am a better player than you because I am better at lower tier tanks which is where the skill lies.  Anybody can do well in tier 10's where there is little skill involved, unlike tiers 2-5.  

If this guy is kidding, 10/10 quality bait.

If he's being serious, are we even playing the same game?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users