AMX 30B on Test

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

Hippowolf #1 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 04:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 19413 battles

Played the 30B on the test server.  I'd like to offer the following observations:

1.  The turret rotation is just a little bit too slow.  In the medium range fight I found switching targets was just not quite fast enough.  On the move, keeping the gun on a close target as I passed by was not bad but a few times the turret would not turn fast enough to stay on target.  I think that a bit slow for this type of tank.

2. Quickness, acceleration, engine power, no sure what you would call it.  I found the ability to poke and pull back to be sluggish.  This may change with better ping, but it was noticeable on test.  Not a good quality for a medium tank.  Not drastic, just a bit sluggish.

3.  I only had a few opportunities for long range shots.  The accuracy truly is terrible.  ALL my shots completely missed the target.  If this holds true then you will need to improve the accuracy.  It was ridiculously bad at range.  Far worse than most any Heavy tank.  I understand you going for a different role for this tank, but what I experienced (in long range accuracy) was a broken tank.  

Thank you for your work.

B00BLEMAX #2 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 04:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14569 battles
  • [QSF] QSF

Why not just leave the AMX 30 B the way it is in 9.19. That way WG doesn't piss everyone off who worked for the tank. 

Avalon304 #3 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 04:52

Major

• Players
  • 16155 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostHippowolf, on Aug 09 2017 - 20:18, said:

Played the 30B on the test server.  I'd like to offer the following observations:

1.  The turret rotation is just a little bit too slow.  In the medium range fight I found switching targets was just not quite fast enough.  On the move, keeping the gun on a close target as I passed by was not bad but a few times the turret would not turn fast enough to stay on target.  I think that a bit slow for this type of tank.

2. Quickness, acceleration, engine power, no sure what you would call it.  I found the ability to poke and pull back to be sluggish.  This may change with better ping, but it was noticeable on test.  Not a good quality for a medium tank.  Not drastic, just a bit sluggish.

3.  I only had a few opportunities for long range shots.  The accuracy truly is terrible.  ALL my shots completely missed the target.  If this holds true then you will need to improve the accuracy.  It was ridiculously bad at range.  Far worse than most any Heavy tank.  I understand you going for a different role for this tank, but what I experienced (in long range accuracy) was a broken tank.  

Thank you for your work.

1. The turret rotation is fine for the mid-range battles it will be expected to engage in.

2. Agility is incredibly hard to determine ont he test server due to the combination of high ping and severe packet loss. This is something that will be better assessed on the live server.

3. The tank is a tank meant for mid-range DPM fights now, you dont have the pen or the accuracy to fight at longer ranges.

Sturm_Teufel #4 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 05:54

Major

• Players
  • 40239 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 09 2017 - 19:52, said:

1. The turret rotation is fine for the mid-range battles it will be expected to engage in.

2. Agility is incredibly hard to determine ont he test server due to the combination of high ping and severe packet loss. This is something that will be better assessed on the live server.

3. The tank is a tank meant for mid-range DPM fights now, you dont have the pen or the accuracy to fight at longer ranges.

So, in other words, keep the tier 9 and don't bother to get the tier 10?

Avalon304 #5 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 07:08

Major

• Players
  • 16155 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostSturm_Teufel, on Aug 09 2017 - 21:54, said:

So, in other words, keep the tier 9 and don't bother to get the tier 10?

I mean the tier 10 will be a way better STB-1... so... Id get it...

Hippowolf #6 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 13:40

Corporal

• Players
  • 19413 battles

View PostAvalon304, on Aug 10 2017 - 03:52, said:

​1.  I'm considering mid-range battles and the inevitable city corridors on so many maps. It might be related to you second point about ping and packet loss.  However, as experienced on test, it was too slow for a medium.

2.  yep.  definitely agree.  Again, as experienced on test.

3.  On this I have to complain a bit.  It's not a sniper and I get that, but what I experienced on test was more like DERP accuracy.  You couple that with low pen (not hitting weak spots) and its NOT FUN.  DOA as far as I am concerned.  Which I am, cause I recently converted a bunch of free xp to get this tank.

I'm also wondering why the devs comments about compensating players when they do major re-works on tier 10 don't apply with this tank?  Like what they are doing with the AMX 155.  Heck this tank is changing more than the 155.   Does not reflect well on the integrity of what the devs say IMO.   

Avalon304 #7 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:08

Major

• Players
  • 16155 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostHippowolf, on Aug 10 2017 - 05:40, said:

​1.  I'm considering mid-range battles and the inevitable city corridors on so many maps. It might be related to you second point about ping and packet loss.  However, as experienced on test, it was too slow for a medium.

2.  yep.  definitely agree.  Again, as experienced on test.

3.  On this I have to complain a bit.  It's not a sniper and I get that, but what I experienced on test was more like DERP accuracy.  You couple that with low pen (not hitting weak spots) and its NOT FUN.  DOA as far as I am concerned.  Which I am, cause I recently converted a bunch of free xp to get this tank.

I'm also wondering why the devs comments about compensating players when they do major re-works on tier 10 don't apply with this tank?  Like what they are doing with the AMX 155.  Heck this tank is changing more than the 155.   Does not reflect well on the integrity of what the devs say IMO.   

1. Its 39 degrees a second which is only 2 degrees slower than most mediums at tier. Its fine.

3. Its handling is no worse than the STB-1 and the STB-1 is an amazing tank. It will be fine in the situations it is supposed to excel in.

Also it doesnt qualify because the AMX 30 B isnt being removed/replaced like the Foch 155 is. Changes /= replacement.

jajanaboczku #8 Posted Aug 27 2017 - 17:17

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 49437 battles
  • [PL1AD] PL1AD
What will the 30B do better with 248 pen then a M48 with 268 pen in same situation?

Get there faster?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users