Jump to content


Wargaming Center caused lag issues

WGC Launcher connection issues

19 replies to this topic

Colonel_Bryce #1 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:03

    Private

  • Players
  • 24593 battles
  • 6
  • [NET] NET
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Hi, I see that you all are coming out with a new version of the Wargaming Game Center. With the previous version, it caused my lag problems. Please bear with me as I explain.

 

I know this because I had my PC wiped, loaded up Tanks, Ships, TeamSpeak, and the WGC. When I ran tanks, every ten seconds I would receive a lag spike, where my dot would go red, and the lag would last several moments. The only things running in the background were WGC and TeamSpeak, so to test, I closed TS with task manager, and went back to my game. The lag persisted. So I went back into Task Manager and closed the Wargaming Center application (I had already closed the WGC window, but it was still showing up in the background). Once I closed the WGC, all of my lag stopped, and my ping stayed consistent in the mid 70's to 90's (this is how my ping usually is which it plays smooth).

 

I guess my purpose of this is to ask: will this new WGC cause any background issues? I am fine to run it, but whenever I load up one of the games, I have to remember to close WGC in the background. I want to use it because it's nice to have everything in one place, but it's an annoyance to go back into Task Manager and close it after I have already closed the WGC window. 

 

Sorry for being long-winded, just asking a question and wondering if others had experienced this!



Lethalhavoc #2 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:10

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

Since the WGC flashes ads non stop, it's best to always close it after you get into the game, as you don't need it running to play.

Slower connections are affected by this much more than higher speed connections.

 

Also it's best to empty out your Updates folder after every patch, since WG uses a torrent style updating system now, if you have a slower connection, this can also add a drain on your bandwidth.



Colonel_Bryce #3 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:13

    Private

  • Players
  • 24593 battles
  • 6
  • [NET] NET
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

I always closed it after I get logged in, but it would still be running, according to Task Manager, like a back-end thing, bootstrapper, I cant remember the term it used. And okay, so empty out the old updates. 

 

Yeah, I use a personal hotspot so the connection isnt that great, but it had been working perfectly fine for years, and then I guess WGC had an update that changed how it ran.

 

May be a dumb question, but in the update folder, there are several 9.19 folders. Should I delete every one of them except the most recent?


Edited by Colonel_Bryce, Aug 10 2017 - 19:20.


Lethalhavoc #4 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:34

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013
Delete all of the contents from the Updates folder, but do NOT touch the other folder named Update Data (cause you need that folder).

Colonel_Bryce #5 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:37

    Private

  • Players
  • 24593 battles
  • 6
  • [NET] NET
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
Thank you very much, friend! 

Lethalhavoc #6 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 19:39

    Major

  • Players
  • 37985 battles
  • 9,795
  • Member since:
    01-18-2013

Np, i'm glad to help!

Btw always keep that Update folder empty, it's just torrent folders that you don't need and they just add a drain ;)



Awestryker #7 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:33

    Captain

  • Players
  • 22656 battles
  • 1,959
  • Member since:
    01-15-2013

View PostLethalhavoc, on Aug 10 2017 - 13:10, said:

Since the WGC flashes ads non stop, it's best to always close it after you get into the game, as you don't need it running to play.

Slower connections are affected by this much more than higher speed connections.

 

Also it's best to empty out your Updates folder after every patch, since WG uses a torrent style updating system now, if you have a slower connection, this can also add a drain on your bandwidth.

 

I didn't know that...I will try it...

I have a fast fiber connection, but I still see issues sometimes even with an average 20 to 30-ish ping...

 


Edited by Awestryker, Aug 10 2017 - 20:34.


Jambijon #8 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:06

    Customer Service Representative

  • Customer Support
  • 2388 battles
  • 4
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014
We are aware of some reports related to network connectivity and this problem is currently being investigated by our dev team. The issue is very rare which makes it difficult to reproduce and slows down the root cause analysis, but we are committed to solving this problem. If you experienced similar issues and open to work with us to help with the research, please contact our customer support – we would highly appreciate your help!

Colonel_Bryce #9 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 20:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 24593 battles
  • 6
  • [NET] NET
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013
I submitted a ticket to WG Support like you told me to. I had asked them about the connection issues before in another ticket, and they sent me down many paths about how to fix it and thought it was my connection that was needing to be fixed. But I can't clarify enough, it is the WarGaming Game Center, which I have to manually close the window after opening my game AND go into Task Manager and hit "End Task", even though the window is gone. After months of troubleshooting, this is the only cause I have been able to find, after investing in RAM upgrades, SSD hardware, wiping my computers and re-installing from scratch, and going through WG troubleshooting options. This is the only way I have been able to stop my lag: closing the WGC app and ending it in Task Manager. This is not due to the game client, connection, hardware, or mods, this is strictly WarGaming Game Center.

WIZD #10 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 05:11

    Sergeant

  • -Players-
  • 4915 battles
  • 186
  • [ASP] ASP
  • Member since:
    08-16-2015

View PostColonel_Bryce, on Aug 10 2017 - 19:03, said:

Hi, I see that you all are coming out with a new version of the Wargaming Game Center. With the previous version, it caused my lag problems. Please bear with me as I explain.

 

I know this because I had my PC wiped, loaded up Tanks, Ships, TeamSpeak, and the WGC. When I ran tanks, every ten seconds I would receive a lag spike, where my dot would go red, and the lag would last several moments. The only things running in the background were WGC and TeamSpeak, so to test, I closed TS with task manager, and went back to my game. The lag persisted. So I went back into Task Manager and closed the Wargaming Center application (I had already closed the WGC window, but it was still showing up in the background). Once I closed the WGC, all of my lag stopped, and my ping stayed consistent in the mid 70's to 90's (this is how my ping usually is which it plays smooth).

 

I guess my purpose of this is to ask: will this new WGC cause any background issues? I am fine to run it, but whenever I load up one of the games, I have to remember to close WGC in the background. I want to use it because it's nice to have everything in one place, but it's an annoyance to go back into Task Manager and close it after I have already closed the WGC window. 

 

Sorry for being long-winded, just asking a question and wondering if others had experienced this!

 

Hey bud open the WOT short cut and remove everything after the .exe that opens the WGC after that your good no more bs unless there is a patch. Hope this helps.



yereverluvinunclebert #11 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 12:44

    Major

  • Players
  • 16613 battles
  • 3,052
  • Member since:
    12-19-2012

This was a quite well known issue, so I thought. When I played WoT I removed all traces of the WG centre. Any process that eats your bandwidth or uses CPU is removed during play. Google drive, dropbox, torrenting apps, all those were closed. Children removed from the internet, devices confiscated, blocking on the router to prevent wife accessing the internet after a certain time.

 

Process Lassoo installed and run on the system - this last action was a real life saver for me, ensuring tight response from the system with no other background app allowed to take any of my processor quantum intervals - to do anything else.



Jambijon #12 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 22:43

    Customer Service Representative

  • Customer Support
  • 2388 battles
  • 4
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A
  • Member since:
    07-02-2014

View PostColonel_Bryce, on Aug 14 2017 - 19:36, said:

I submitted a ticket to WG Support like you told me to. I had asked them about the connection issues before in another ticket, and they sent me down many paths about how to fix it and thought it was my connection that was needing to be fixed. But I can't clarify enough, it is the WarGaming Game Center, which I have to manually close the window after opening my game AND go into Task Manager and hit "End Task", even though the window is gone. After months of troubleshooting, this is the only cause I have been able to find, after investing in RAM upgrades, SSD hardware, wiping my computers and re-installing from scratch, and going through WG troubleshooting options. This is the only way I have been able to stop my lag: closing the WGC app and ending it in Task Manager. This is not due to the game client, connection, hardware, or mods, this is strictly WarGaming Game Center.

 

Would you mind giving me the ticket ID in a PM so we can compile some information for our dev team?  I was unable to find it on my end.



landedkiller #13 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 15:10

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7767 battles
  • 1,357
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013

View PostJambijon, on Aug 14 2017 - 12:06, said:

We are aware of some reports related to network connectivity and this problem is currently being investigated by our dev team. The issue is very rare which makes it difficult to reproduce and slows down the root cause analysis, but we are committed to solving this problem. If you experienced similar issues and open to work with us to help with the research, please contact our customer support – we would highly appreciate your help!

 

stop forcing a progran on people it needs to be shelved and rewritten had the program for over 3 months and had problems with it causing me lag spikes, and now I hear that i have to download it again just to play wows what a joke. You have multiple forum threads telling you that the program has problems yet nothing is being done such as withdrawing the program and rewriting it. I have a high end i7  processor and windows 10 and I pay over 300 for my internet and i have watched the internet traffic crash when the garbage you call the wgc runs. Now I can't play wows or wowps because it requires this wgc to install so that I can play those games. where are the separate  launchers for wowps and wows for the people who don't want to run this program?

Edited by landedkiller, Aug 29 2017 - 15:12.


rich73 #14 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 00:40

    Major

  • Players
  • 43007 battles
  • 5,059
  • Member since:
    10-17-2011

View PostColonel_Bryce, on Aug 10 2017 - 10:03, said:

Hi, I see that you all are coming out with a new version of the Wargaming Game Center. With the previous version, it caused my lag problems. Please bear with me as I explain.

 

I know this because I had my PC wiped, loaded up Tanks, Ships, TeamSpeak, and the WGC. When I ran tanks, every ten seconds I would receive a lag spike, where my dot would go red, and the lag would last several moments. The only things running in the background were WGC and TeamSpeak, so to test, I closed TS with task manager, and went back to my game. The lag persisted. So I went back into Task Manager and closed the Wargaming Center application (I had already closed the WGC window, but it was still showing up in the background). Once I closed the WGC, all of my lag stopped, and my ping stayed consistent in the mid 70's to 90's (this is how my ping usually is which it plays smooth).

 

I guess my purpose of this is to ask: will this new WGC cause any background issues? I am fine to run it, but whenever I load up one of the games, I have to remember to close WGC in the background. I want to use it because it's nice to have everything in one place, but it's an annoyance to go back into Task Manager and close it after I have already closed the WGC window. 

 

Sorry for being long-winded, just asking a question and wondering if others had experienced this!

 

All this in one place is funny as its just one click away with diff icons and as far as I can see you would have to click again to choose game with the center.So where is the advantage?

Striker_70 #15 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 01:59

    Major

  • Players
  • 18517 battles
  • 5,299
  • Member since:
    04-02-2013

View PostJambijon, on Aug 14 2017 - 12:06, said:

We are aware of some reports related to network connectivity and this problem is currently being investigated by our dev team. The issue is very rare which makes it difficult to reproduce and slows down the root cause analysis, but we are committed to solving this problem. If you experienced similar issues and open to work with us to help with the research, please contact our customer support – we would highly appreciate your help!

 

It's not very rare on my system.  It happens every time I use the game center to do an update.  The program kills my internet and I can no longer complete the game update.  So I have to restart my system, try it again, and hope the game center doesn't kill my internet this time around.

 

This is not a program to force on customers if you want people to play WG games.  This is a program you want to force on customers if you want them to get fed up with installing WG games.  It literally prevented me from installing warships for weeks.



Does22 #16 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 18:39

    Private

  • Players
  • 24457 battles
  • 1
  • Member since:
    06-14-2013
I am having the exactly same issue. Every 10 sec i have a spike on my ping time. After a lot of trouble shooting i found out the wargaming game center was the problematic software. Does wargaming already have the fix?

landedkiller #17 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 05:25

    Captain

  • -Players-
  • 7767 battles
  • 1,357
  • Member since:
    04-01-2013
wish they did sadly i out my money in the wrong company I will be playing until this is forced on my had it before and it acted like a trojan with it's constant uploading of data to who knows where

bockscar43 #18 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 22:50

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 24707 battles
  • 949
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
  • Member since:
    01-01-2015

View PostJambijon, on Aug 16 2017 - 22:43, said:

 

Would you mind giving me the ticket ID in a PM so we can compile some information for our dev team?  I was unable to find it on my end.

 

Thanks, will check out.

Colonel_Bryce #19 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 16:35

    Private

  • Players
  • 24593 battles
  • 6
  • [NET] NET
  • Member since:
    06-15-2013

Thank you so much WarGaming, the issue is fixed! 

 

They dropped a patch for the WGC and I was able to play without any lag spikes every ten seconds!



empyreal_recon #20 Posted Sep 21 2017 - 16:10

    Corporal

  • -Players-
  • 3123 battles
  • 27
  • [ARMG] ARMG
  • Member since:
    01-10-2013
close the launcher in your system tray ... problem solved



Reply to this topic



  


2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users