I don't care what you or WG says, I'm convinced MM is rigged.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

Grimdancer #1 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:45

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15942 battles

I'm no pro, but my win% is was on the rise.

I've been playing mostly tanks I do well in. Tanks that fit me well and I play well, and all have win% higher than 50%. Over the course of the last few months, my win% and overall ratings have been going up.

But every once in a while I get on streaks like the one I am on right now. Bad. Very bad. The last few days I've lost nearly 75% of the battles I've played. It doesn't seem to matter how well I do. I'm doing just as well as I always have in the tanks I've always done well with. The difference is the teams I'm getting put on. They are bad. Very bad. Constantly doing outrageously dumb/stupid things to get themselves killed. I am convinced that when you play well and your win% starts to steadily rise, you get put with tomatoes by design.

Here is a snip from the WG patent on Matchmaking. You can find the full patent here https://www.google.c...tents/US8425330

According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games

How can you argue with that? The wording of their own patent makes it clear that MM is intentionally designed to make things more "challenging" for players that get on win streaks.

I get it. Purple players must be good enough to overcome these epic, 3 day losing streaks. But that doesn't change the fix. It only means they are good enough to overcome it by whatever means necessary.

I've heard people say that WG claims they don't use this aspect of the patent. I don't believe it. It matches too closely with exactly what many of us have seen with our own eyes. Why should we believe them? Just because they "say it ain't so"? It would be terrible for business if they ever admitted to using this system, yet there it is in black and white as part of their own patent. Whether they admit to it or not, they designed it and legally deterred anyone else from using it.

I've also heard people say "Your win% is just above 50%, why would it consider you a good enough player to be effected by this"? Well the wording doesn't say anything about overall wins/losses. It clearly indicates most recent wins/losses.

Cygnus610 #2 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:53

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34493 battles

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 13:45, said:

I've been playing mostly tanks I do well in. Tanks that fit me well and I play well, and all have win% higher than 50%. Over the course of the last few months, my win% and overall ratings have been going up.

But every once in a while I get on streaks like the one I am on right now. Bad. Very bad. The last few days I've lost nearly 75% of the battles I've played. It doesn't seem to matter how well I do. I'm doing just as well as I always have in the tanks I've always done well with. The difference is the teams I'm getting put on. They are bad. Very bad. Constantly doing outrageously dumb/stupid things to get themselves killed. I am convinced that when you play well and your win% starts to steadily rise, you get put with tomatoes by design.

Here is a snip from the WG patent on Matchmaking. You can find the full patent here https://www.google.c...tents/US8425330

According to another aspect, the matchmaking server may store a win/loss percentage for each user (or vehicle) at a given battle level. As the player's win/loss ratio decreases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the lower end of the allowable range, whereas as the player's win/loss ration increases, the player becomes more likely to be placed in battles having battle levels at the upper end of the allowable range. Thus, when a player has been repeatedly put into too many difficult battles, the balancing is done in favor of easier battle sessions, thereby encouraging the player by providing an easier game environment. Similarly, when the player has been repeatedly put into too many easy battles, the balancing is done in favor of harder battle sessions, thereby keeping the player challenged instead of letting the player become bored with easy games

How can you argue with that? The wording of their own patent makes it clear that MM is intentionally designed to make things more "challenging" for players that get on win streaks.

I get it. Purple players must be good enough to overcome these epic, 3 day losing streaks. But that doesn't change the fix. It only means they are good enough to overcome it by whatever means necessary.

I've heard people say that WG claims they don't use this aspect of the patent. I don't believe it. It matches too closely with exactly what many of us have seen with our own eyes. Why should we believe them? Just because they "say it ain't so"? It would be terrible for business if they ever admitted to using this system, yet there it is in black and white as part of their own patent. Whether they admit to it or not, they designed it and legally deterred anyone else from using it.

I've also heard people say "Your win% is just above 50%, why would it consider you a good enough player to be effected by this"? Well the wording doesn't say anything about overall wins/losses. It clearly indicates most recent wins/losses.

What brand of tinfoil do you buy?   I could really use a good stock tip on what tinfoil company to buy into...

Demonic_Angel_of_Death #3 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:54

Major

• Players
  • 2142 battles
  • [DEMON] DEMON

They even patented the garage... lol

Holo_ #4 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:56

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1073 battles
Ah, the old UI and garage.  The good old days.

Darkbee2Bee #5 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:57

Major

• Players
  • 31554 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

The garage is obviously rigged.

Why are they rigging the game?  Why does Wargaming hate you?  What did you do to upset them?  Why do they want to frustrate you into not wanting to spend money, nor play the game?

Nudnick #6 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:58

Major

• -Players-
  • 20364 battles
All games are rigged. The house always wins.

RedwoodOriginal #7 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 20:59

Captain

• Players
  • 19025 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ

View PostNudnick, on Aug 10 2017 - 20:58, said:

All games are rigged. The house always wins.

Nice..

TheMadPizzler #8 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:00

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38170 battles
  • [JARHD] JARHD

HACKS!!!!  My garage doesn't look like that!!!  Someone must be using BIA Hacks against me in the garage!!!    Wargaming is out to get me because they're letting those hackers change my garage from what it's supposed to be (see figure above).

It was probably one of those secret arty players, you know.. those guys who drive normal looking tanks (that are secret arty) that kill you.  Those guys are the worst.  Hackers.

Edited by TheMadPizzler, Aug 10 2017 - 21:02.

Nunya_000 #9 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:01

Major

• Players
  • 20684 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 11:45, said:

So how do you feel they are "challenging" you?

There is nothing in that paragraph you quote saying that it is an attempt to make you win or lose.  What they are talking about is making you top tier more often if you have been losing (easier)....or making you bottom tier more often if you have been winning (challenging).  Being top tier or bottom tier does not dictate whether you will win or lose.

You are basically taking a paragraph in the patent....not understanding what it is actually saying...and then creating a false argument.

RedwoodOriginal #10 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:01

Captain

• Players
  • 19025 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 20:45, said:

Oh and btw..this is so original that it got posted on forums like 1 000 000 000 times

Edited by RedwoodOriginal, Aug 10 2017 - 21:02.

BlackFive #11 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:15

Major

• Players
  • 23590 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

I don't care about your conspiracy theories.  Your stats show you lose when you suck and win when you play well. 

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/Grimdancer

But yeah it's easier to blame rigging or teammates than look at your own performance.  For the record... You sucked yesterday and your w/R reflected that 

Markd73 #12 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:23

Major

• Players
  • 28533 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

Still waiting (years later) for compelling evidence for this claim of rigging.

I am willing to change my mind, but no one ever seems to provides any reliable evidence.

Edited by Markd73, Aug 10 2017 - 21:23.

Grimdancer #13 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 15942 battles

View PostBlackFive, on Aug 10 2017 - 20:15, said:

I don't care about your conspiracy theories.  Your stats show you lose when you suck and win when you play well. 

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/Grimdancer

But yeah it's easier to blame rigging or teammates than look at your own performance.  For the record... You sucked yesterday and your w/R reflected that 

Thanks for the link. It's nice to see that I was approaching 55%

However, the graph only proves my point. I didn't all-of-a-sudden start playing terrible. Yes there is a very small dip in certain stats like kill ratio, but not nearly enough to explain such a drastic out-of-nowhere drop in wins. So thanks for proving my point.

ThePigSheFlies #14 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:31

Major

• Players
  • 59076 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 14:45, said:

I don't care what you or WG says, I'm convinced MM is rigged.

tell us again how you failed stats, logic, and debate class all in the same year.

using a patent application, or even granted patent status as the foundation of your argument, or in fact if that's all it takes to convince you simply indicates that you have jumped to a pre-ordained conclusion...  

there are literally millions of unused patents on file...  but, by all means if you're the type of person that is easily convinced by a lack of evidence, carry on.  

I hear the flat earth society meetings are a real hoot...

Guardian00 #15 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 44454 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

Partner, you put this in forums where only the OP players come anymore other then some of us when we want to laugh at them as they no long serve a useful purpose to discussion other then to berate you.  It was a good try but the mods and these clowns are useless anymore, why do you think only about 7% of the total tanker population ever comes here, you got your answer above with these clowns.

Constantly doing outrageously dumb/stupid things to get themselves killed. I am convinced that when you play well and your win% starts to steadily rise, you get put with tomatoes by design.  

Did you read the news letter put out where they said they want to keep everyone about where they are win rate wise.  That's why you will climb only so far and then you will lose a bunch so you stay within those boarders.  They said it themselves, they just nicely worded it with what you put down.  How do you do that without rigging games lol, you don't so the Rig is in.

ketchupboy2002 #16 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 3653 battles
  • [BOOM_] BOOM_

View PostThePigSheFlies, on Aug 10 2017 - 21:31, said:

tell us again how you failed stats, logic, and debate class all in the same year.

using a patent application, or even granted patent status as the foundation of your argument, or in fact if that's all it takes to convince you simply indicates that you have jumped to a pre-ordained conclusion...  

there are literally millions of unused patents on file...  but, by all means if you're the type of person that is easily convinced by a lack of evidence, carry on.  

I hear the flat earth society meetings are a real hoot...

This made me laugh perhaps a bit too much, well said! :teethhappy:

DuncanKFW #17 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:35

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15141 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T
I've pretty consistently been getting above 55-60% winrate over my past 1000-2000 battles. Safe to say that personal skill, along with the occasional platoon and ​playing tanks you perform well in will keep this well above 50%. 

_Reynolds_Wrap_ #18 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:42

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20647 battles
I'm not saying it's rigged but it makes you wonder if it's programmed to split half the players up over a few days for bad RNG or whatnot and the other half does good then a few days later the other half gets it while the others do good. Again I'm not saying it's rigged but it just makes you wonder. 

Rommel_Patton1948 #19 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 21:59

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 12681 battles
  • [-XBK-] -XBK-

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 19:45, said:

mm is rigged!!! this is fact!!! peeps alredy no this but warfailing will ignore it and say no no no!!! total fail!!!

Kliphie #20 Posted Aug 10 2017 - 22:08

Captain

• Players
  • 27664 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
I don't care what she says, I'm convinced Jennifer Anniston is my wife and there is nothing you or anyone else can say or do to change my mind!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users