I don't care what you or WG says, I'm convinced MM is rigged.

• Please log in to reply
81 replies to this topic

MacDaddyMatty #41 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 13:45

Major

• -Players-
  • 14604 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostBlackFive, on Aug 10 2017 - 15:15, said:

I don't care about your conspiracy theories.  Your stats show you lose when you suck and win when you play well.

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/Grimdancer

But yeah it's easier to blame rigging or teammates than look at your own performance.  For the record... You sucked yesterday and your w/R reflected that

OP, Read this ^^^ many times.

When I play bad, bad things happen to me too.

To all of us.

Watch your replays objectively and you will see places where you messed up and get ideas how to do it better next time.

For me - impatience gets me a quick trip back to the garage.

But...

Even if the game is riggedfor everyone, wouldn't that also make it "fair?"

MacDaddyMatty #42 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 13:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 14604 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 19:30, said:

Only a fool believes what he is told w/o question.

But you are telling us something and asking us to believe it - despite producing AT BEST circumstantial evidence!

Block Quote

and I know what I am seeing with my own eyes

Dude... don't believe everything you think.

nicodeimous #43 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 29344 battles
  • [7-BDR] 7-BDR

Of all the things that annoy me about the game the MM isn't really one of them for me.  I have been used to bottom tier for SO long I have become accustomed to fighting it out from the bottom [it has made me a better player than I was].  I look for tanks that can hold there own out side there tier, usually tanks with pen that's one or two tiers better than the average in their tier.  I avoid ALL tanks that depend on there armor to survive [as most don't do well even in there own tiers due to premium spam]. 

Having played from way back the MM has gotten MUCH better than it was, the issue most aren't paying attention to here is that with the new system those top tier players can't just be sponges any more they need to carry a bit.  Most of them aren't used to it and so the game goes to the ones that have figured it out.  As to win /loss I stopped caring about that metric a LONG time ago - its effected in a small way by your 1 tank in 15, its hugely effected by the 14 tanks in 15 that you can not control.

Set your own goals

Wonky RNG is about the most annoying thing to me in the game.

Side note - it is Rigged and has ALWAYS been rigged :)  You just deal with it and move on.

Edited by nicodeimous, Aug 11 2017 - 14:03.

Urabouttudie #44 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:26

Captain

• Players
  • 18366 battles

WG literally announces that they are adding MM functionality that will place you in a higher tier if you are found to be placed in lower tiers too often

Posters: It's not rigged...totally random...they're not controlling your games....WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!!!!!!!!!

OP posts "I see signs that they are controlling my game!!!

Posters" Oh you're cuuurraazzyy OP! (nervous laugh) Oh man, what have you been smoking!! What a loon!!! This game is completely random!!

Half the fun of coming to WG's little forum here is to watch you guys flail and twitch over whether WG is raping your sanity or not...

and some of you seem rather "nutty"

Kliphie #45 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:38

Captain

• Players
  • 27003 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostUrabouttudie, on Aug 11 2017 - 08:26, said:

WG literally announces that they are adding MM functionality that will place you in a higher tier if you are found to be placed in lower tiers too often

Posters: It's not rigged...totally random...they're not controlling your games....WHY WOULD THEY DO THAT!!!!!!!!!

OP posts "I see signs that they are controlling my game!!!

Posters" Oh you're cuuurraazzyy OP! (nervous laugh) Oh man, what have you been smoking!! What a loon!!! This game is completely random!!

Half the fun of coming to WG's little forum here is to watch you guys flail and twitch over whether WG is raping your sanity or not...

and some of you seem rather "nutty"

WG can't make a functioning in game chat yet they're able to manipulate players RNG on the fly?  That seems sane?

Thornir #46 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:41

Captain

• Players
  • 26043 battles

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 11 2017 - 01:30, said:

Stalin claimed it was German Soldiers that executed 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Massacre.

It wasn't until documents proving otherwise were released in the 1990s that the world learned it was, in fact, Stalin's Communist Party that carried out the mass executions of a supposed ally.

I would love to go back in time and accuse the families of these Polish Officers of Cognitive Dissonance. They knew dam well it was Russia and Stalin. Yet nobody believed them.

Only a fool believes what he is told w/o question and I know what I am seeing with my own eyes. If you believe for one second that WG is somehow above or beyond lying to their player base, then you are a fool. They are a cooperation and they will do and say what brings in the most money.

What effect do you think it would have on the player base if they admitted the win% was being manipulated?

​The cognitive dissonance part of your example would be in people still believing Stalin after the facts are revealed. 

The problem with your position is that you are relying on anecdotal evidence, not objective evidence, and other people's experiences are different than yours. So in spite of evidence to the contrary that is every bit as compelling as yours, and every bit as real to others as yours is to you, you still say you don't care what anyone else says or thinks, you are correct.

And you want people to buy off on that.

That is not rational.

Markd73 #47 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 15:39

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 21:51, said:

Due to my schedule I get 7 days off once per month. I'm on my week off right now and it's been rainy, crappy weather with nothing else to do.

But yes, I do play this dam game way too much.

What leaps out to me on that graph is a win% that is steadily increasing over the past 60 days.... then all of a sudden it drastically drops within two days. And like I've been trying to point out, it's very noticable how the teams I've been on the last few days have been terrible.

If you put my win% on a graph over the last 60 days, it would look like this

Stop blaming everything but yourself for your stats.

We all get the same teams.

Edited by Markd73, Aug 11 2017 - 15:39.

Markd73 #48 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 15:44

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 23:58, said:

Why do you seem incapable of understanding or noticing a drastic drop from the last 60 days compared to recently? You do realize that I'm talking about the last few days, not just yesterday. I'm talking about yesterday and today and the day before yesterday. The graph is broken down only recently between the last 7 days and the past 24 hours. It doesn't show anything in between.

And I didn't have a good day prior to that, I had a good two months.

But whatever. I see what I see and I am noticing what I am noticing. I've gotten more [edited], terrible, ridiculously stupid teams in the last few days than I've gotten in several months.

Like I said. I am convinced that both the patent and the news letter that says WG can and will adjust MM to "balance" players and to "keep players from getting bored" combined with my own experience that this crap is rigged to high heaven. WG does what they see fit.

And you people are naive sheep for thinking otherwise.

OP is convinced without objective and credible evidence and then calls people who disagree with him "sheep".

Irony you are a cruel mistress.

i·ro·ny1
ˈīrənē/
noun

1. the expression of one's meaning by using language that normally signifies the opposite, typically for humorous or emphatic effect.
    "“Don't go overboard with the gratitude,” he rejoined with heavy irony"
    synonyms: sarcasm, causticity, cynicismmockerysatire, sardonicism
    "that note of irony in her voice"

• a state of affairs or an event that seems deliberately contrary to what one expects and is often amusing as a result.
      plural noun: ironies
      "the irony is that I thought he could help me"
      synonyms: paradoxincongruity, incongruousness
      "the irony of the situation"

Edited by Markd73, Aug 11 2017 - 15:47.

Markd73 #49 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 11 2017 - 00:30, said:

Stalin claimed it was German Soldiers that executed 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Massacre.

It wasn't until documents proving otherwise were released in the 1990s that the world learned it was, in fact, Stalin's Communist Party that carried out the mass executions of a supposed ally.

I would love to go back in time and accuse the families of these Polish Officers of Cognitive Dissonance. They knew dam well it was Russia and Stalin. Yet nobody believed them.

Only a fool believes what he is told w/o question and I know what I am seeing with my own eyes. If you believe for one second that WG is somehow above or beyond lying to their player base, then you are a fool. They are a cooperation and they will do and say what brings in the most money.

What effect do you think it would have on the player base if they admitted the win% was being manipulated?

I don't care about any of that political stuff, but you do realize that eye witness testimony is wholly unreliable right? 

Unlike your original hypothesis there is credible evidence for the inaccuracy of eye witness stuff

https://www.scientif...e-eyes-have-it/

Striker_70 #50 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 16:03

Major

• Players
  • 18477 battles

View PostBlackFive, on Aug 10 2017 - 14:15, said:

I don't care about your conspiracy theories.  Your stats show you lose when you suck and win when you play well. 

http://wotlabs.net/n...ayer/Grimdancer

But yeah it's easier to blame rigging or teammates than look at your own performance.  For the record... You sucked yesterday and your w/R reflected that 

I doubt he played 308 battles yesterday.  That's just a wotlabs bug, I've seen it before.

Even if it was showing only ~20 games you wouldn't be able to tell how well he played from it in the first place, as WN8 is affected by wins and losses.  So if he's getting put on mostly bad teams that get steamrolled it's going to automatically lower his WN8 if he continues playing normally.

It takes many hundreds of games before win rate even begins to mean anything anyway, so a bad win rate in the past 24 hours means just about as much as a good win rate in the past 24 hours...virtually nothing.

Canadian_Mano #51 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 16:31

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 28344 battles
MM is rigged, I've been put on the green team EVERY GAME for the past like 28k games. Disprove non hacked MM now uniscum!

Blackstone #52 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7484 battles
  • [OTHG] OTHG

View PostCanadian_Mano, on Aug 11 2017 - 10:31, said:

MM is rigged, I've been put on the green team EVERY GAME for the past like 28k games. Disprove non hacked MM now uniscum!

So THAT's my problem! 

What's the hack to get onto the Red team every time?

:trollface:

BillT #53 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:49

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23299 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostGrimdancer, on Aug 10 2017 - 19:30, said:

Stalin claimed it was German Soldiers that executed 22,000 Polish officers in the Katyn Massacre.  It wasn't until documents proving otherwise were released in the 1990s that the world learned it was, in fact, Stalin's Communist Party that carried out the mass executions of a supposed ally.

Hold on, you lost me there.  You think Stalin torpedoed your recent Win Rate?

BillT #54 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:50

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23299 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

[Duplicate deleted]

Edited by BillT, Aug 11 2017 - 19:57.

BillT #55 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:57

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 23299 battles
  • [FADES] FADES

View PostMarkd73, on Aug 11 2017 - 09:47, said:

I don't care about any of that political stuff, but you do realize that eye witness testimony is wholly unreliable right? 

And here's my favorite experiment to demonstrate that:

https://www.youtube....h?v=vJG698U2Mvo

Yankee #56 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:59

Major

• -Players-
  • 33086 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Sometimes, you are the windshield, sometimes you are the bug.

Markd73 #57 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:35

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostBillT, on Aug 11 2017 - 18:57, said:

And here's my favorite experiment to demonstrate that:

https://www.youtube....h?v=vJG698U2Mvo

That was cool to watch.

Thanks for sharing.

Markd73 #58 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:36

Major

• Players
  • 28290 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostBillT, on Aug 11 2017 - 18:49, said:

Hold on, you lost me there.  You think Stalin torpedoed your recent Win Rate?

Maybe he calls all Russian tanks Stalin. 

That would make more "sense" than what I have been reading from him lately.

the_Deadly_Bulb #59 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:37

Captain

• Players
  • 17379 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDemonic_Angel_of_Death, on Aug 10 2017 - 11:54, said:

They even patented the garage... lol

Someone was VERY good with an Etch-a-Sketch! :teethhappy:

the_Deadly_Bulb #60 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:42

Captain

• Players
  • 17379 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostRommel_Patton1948, on Aug 10 2017 - 12:59, said:

mm is rigged!!! this is fact!!! peeps alredy no this but warfailing will ignore it and say no no no!!! total fail!!!

Gotta say this about that.

BTW the dog is a female.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users