• Please log in to reply
35 replies to this topic

CabbageMechanic #1 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 01:08

Community Coordinator

• Administrator
  • 7280 battles
  • [WGA-A] WGA-A

Hey Tankers,

We are excited to announce the return of tournaments to World of Tanks with the introduction of the World of Tanks Seasonal Classics!

Running through the rest of 2017, our series will be comprised of three major 7v7 tournaments in September (Summer), November (Autumn), and December (Winter).  These tournaments will be multi-day affairs with honor, prestige, and epic rewards on the line.  Details of format and prizing are still being finalized, and updates will be provided later this August.

The Summer Classic will take place in mid-September (exact dates TBA)  and will be played at Tier 8.

See you on the battlefield!

Derp_o7 #2 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 17:24

Captain

• Players
  • 31092 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

So this is the replacement of Silver League. 

Yay for more teams competing for less prizes!

Honestly, does WG expect all mid-tier league players to train on their own time to see if they can make Gold league? This format is completely different that regular WGL.

dexatrin82 #3 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17468 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

I am starting to get the feeling that this game is being geared more towards the "professional gamer" the people who stream almost 24/7 or are paid and sponsored to play the game. Or to teenagers who have nothing better to do than play games and spend their parents money. Anyone with even the most feeble attempt at having a life is generally excluded from being able to play in some of these "multi day" tournaments, and they used to rely on the 1 v 1 standoffs, or 3 v 3 platournaments. By having these tournaments removed to be replaced by ones with bigger rewards but ones that we cannot participate in, those of us who play this game for fun and friendship are being left in the dust by those who play as if it's life or death. 

As an example, I work Thurs/Fri/Sat sometimes Wed/Sun, most of the multi day tournaments have their group stages mon-wed, break on thursday, and then semi/finals on friday/saturday, Most of my friends on the game cannot make the group stages, and if I try to find a team solo, and am not able to make semi/finals i am usually excluded. I have literally taken time off work to make one tournament because of the fact that I had registered for it before my schedule changed...

The  Stand-To's and the 1 v 1's and the 3 v 3's We're perfect for the casual gamer and kept me always buying camo and equipment for random tier tanks to prep for tournament. I'd always end up spending money on the game pre-tournament, but with it looking like tournaments are going the way of pro's again, whats a person to do...more people for less tournaments with bigger prizes is just stroking the e-peens of the people who have the time and money to stroke it themselves already and is just redundant. We see these guys get bigger garages more gold than they can spend, and over powered or unique tanks that just keep giving them an advantage and the rest of us "plebeians" to watch as we realize we don't have the time nor patience to be able to operate a multi day tournament . 

Edited by dexatrin82, Aug 11 2017 - 18:25.

Seventh_Hell #4 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:04

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21944 battles
  • [CHAI] CHAI
So this a big slap in the face to league play.

_Jdawgg #5 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:33

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10359 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
So, instead of trying to at least keep the Silver League player base alive and running the CURRENT format (which is now 7/70), they basically devolve us to the old tier 8 format that everyone non stop complained about in terms of a format. Thank you WG for basically ruining the leagues.

johnmadara #6 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:46

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View Postdexatrin82, on Aug 11 2017 - 17:01, said:

I am starting to get the feeling that this game is being geared more towards the "professional gamer" the people who stream almost 24/7 or are paid and sponsored to play the game. Or to teenagers who have nothing better to do than play games and spend their parents money. Anyone with even the most feeble attempt at having a life is generally excluded from being able to play in some of these "multi day" tournaments, and they used to rely on the 1 v 1 standoffs, or 3 v 3 platournaments. By having these tournaments removed to be replaced by ones with bigger rewards but ones that we cannot participate in, those of us who play this game for fun and friendship are being left in the dust by those who play as if it's life or death. 

As an example, I work Thurs/Fri/Sat sometimes Wed/Sun, most of the multi day tournaments have their group stages mon-wed, break on thursday, and then semi/finals on friday/saturday, Most of my friends on the game cannot make the group stages, and if I try to find a team solo, and am not able to make semi/finals i am usually excluded. I have literally taken time off work to make one tournament because of the fact that I had registered for it before my schedule changed...

The  Stand-To's and the 1 v 1's and the 3 v 3's We're perfect for the casual gamer and kept me always buying camo and equipment for random tier tanks to prep for tournament. I'd always end up spending money on the game pre-tournament, but with it looking like tournaments are going the way of pro's again, whats a person to do...more people for less tournaments with bigger prizes is just stroking the e-peens of the people who have the time and money to stroke it themselves already and is just redundant. We see these guys get bigger garages more gold than they can spend, and over powered or unique tanks that just keep giving them an advantage and the rest of us "plebeians" to watch as we realize we don't have the time nor patience to be able to operate a multi day tournament . 

if you cant make the time then how is that WGs fault... plenty of different competitive modes run for at least 6-8+ hours a day... from CW, advances, tournaments, wargames etc. 

mpank #7 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:59

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14438 battles
  • [FATE] FATE
"return of tournaments" Does it mean that this is instead of 1v1s 3v3s and 5v5s? This is all that we are going to have now?

mrmojo #8 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 23:28

Captain

• Players
  • 18420 battles
  • [-LEG-] -LEG-
"Epic rewards" but you don't know what they are yet.

That may come back to bite you.

jo5419 #9 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 04:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35746 battles
  • [WE3D] WE3D

We are excited to announce the return of tournaments to World of Tanks with the introduction of the World of Tanks Seasonal Classics!

"""""return""""

7v7???? [edited]you wg i cant make a team of more than 5 how iam supposed to reunite 7 guys that are able (me included ) to play and get our asses kicked to the 8ª place?

no thanx i like 3v3 were i can actually compete to win something

Edited by jo5419, Aug 13 2017 - 04:03.

porkchop39 #10 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 42460 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL
well this is somewhat disappointing, my work schedule went bat[edited] crazy this year resulting in me being unable to indulge in competitive play very much. However even with my hectic schedule I was still able to stoke my competitive fire through being able to play semi regularly in 1v1's. Their untimely demise bummed me out.

ImABadTealREEEE #11 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 15:40

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 8563 battles
  • [-PP-] -PP-
okay when are you going to take this stuff serous wargaming your taking out sliver league for this [edited] stuff? making a third NA sever when  you have 2 that is laggy 

there is a song called "It never ends by btmh" it describes this game really good of how the b.s never ends

Edited by ImABadTealREEEE, Aug 13 2017 - 15:42.

Skeenaman #12 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 15:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 33201 battles
  • [TUF] TUF
If this is tier 8 the defender needs to go into the regular store or be banned from tournaments.

LordEdwardthefith #13 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 04:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 28407 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO
6 moths of silver league preparation for this, yay

Revel8 #14 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 19:55

Corporal

• Players
  • 2053 battles
What about the 1vs1 tournaments?

roestreyev #15 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 20:23

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 27902 battles
  • [SKORP] SKORP

View PostRevel8, on Aug 17 2017 - 19:55, said:

What about the 1vs1 tournaments?

I miss those... Great gold source

omi5cron #16 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 21:05

Captain

• Players
  • 19737 battles
  • [21ARM] 21ARM
bingo...great gold source...so NOPE!.too many were getting at least a little gold.this new method seems to favor a lot fewer people getting somewhat more per person,but overall addition of gold to in-game coffers will be less.maybe im wrong,but this IS WG!

Outamyhead #17 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 04:29

Corporal

• Players
  • 13202 battles
  • [ROOK] ROOK
If it is structured anything like the WGLNA opener, the new tournaments will be held at a time where I will have to skip work 15 minutes early, and expect to play from 5pm until 9pm with not enough time in between to eat something.

OP_XVM_CAMMO_NET_KAPPA #18 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 15:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35119 battles

View Postdexatrin82, on Aug 11 2017 - 12:01, said:

Preach Bro

nuclearguy931 #19 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 15:45

Major

• Players
  • 70288 battles
  • [UMM] UMM

View PostSkeenaman, on Aug 13 2017 - 09:50, said:

If this is tier 8 the defender needs to go into the regular store or be banned from tournaments.

Allowed to be bought for gold as well.

__Tec__ #20 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 17:12

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 38431 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View Post_Jdawgg, on Aug 11 2017 - 14:33, said:

So, instead of trying to at least keep the Silver League player base alive and running the CURRENT format (which is now 7/70), they basically devolve us to the old tier 8 format that everyone non stop complained about in terms of a format. Thank you WG for basically ruining the leagues.

LOL this again.  There is a reason so many walked away when they did.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users