Eureka!

• Please log in to reply
15 replies to this topic

Zxaiercese #1 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 07:13

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6138 battles

Had a 5-6 game win streak with all my tanks be reverting to 4 year old n00b tactics - Rushing the middle.

Since tactics seem to mean [edited]-all in pub matches and people just scatter like farts in the wind, I gave up straining my brain cells and just turned all logic and reason off... triple tap my R key, make the straightest line down the center possible, take some pot shots at anyone I see, outmaneuver all the heavies and dodge the glass-cannon TDs camping their base.

Yeah, I die. So what? Won 4 Scout medals, exposed nearly half the enemy, all their artillery, racked up some damage, scored points for team damage and ended up letting my team kill off 2-3 tanks each time... and most importantly - broke the goddamned stalemate every round reverts into.

Even did this with my newly acquired, semi-stock Jackson and ended up winning 5 rounds and racking in the exp since the stock gun does crap against tier VII+.

And everyone thinks they're being so clever flanking and camping all the time... LOL :D

BogusBadger #2 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 07:43

Captain

• Players
  • 33211 battles
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
I just gained a chromosome 

Doomslinger #3 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 08:15

Major

• Players
  • 61441 battles
Are you one of those yolo scouts that speeds to the enemy base and spots tanks that we already know are there because they haven't had time to move out yet? Then you die and click spam the mini map and rage at the team for not providing support? None of your allies could even get a shot at any of those tanks but good job on telling them where the enemy tanks spawn. How would they ever know that? Good spotting adds to xp scores and yours is below 300 average? You are doing something wrong.

Mercer_Keel #4 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 08:43

Major

• Players
  • 36004 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

View PostDoomslinger, on Aug 10 2017 - 23:15, said:

Are you one of those yolo scouts that speeds to the enemy base and spots tanks that we already know are there because they haven't had time to move out yet? Then you die and click spam the mini map and rage at the team for not providing support? None of your allies could even get a shot at any of those tanks but good job on telling them where the enemy tanks spawn. How would they ever know that? Good spotting adds to xp scores and yours is below 300 average? You are doing something wrong.

easy now. he only has 5k worth of matchs so he still thinks this is a good idea

eisen1973 #5 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 08:53

Major

• Players
  • 48103 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View PostZxaiercese, on Aug 11 2017 - 01:13, said:

Had a 5-6 game win streak with all my tanks be reverting to 4 year old n00b tactics - Rushing the middle.

Since tactics seem to mean [edited]-all in pub matches and people just scatter like farts in the wind, I gave up straining my brain cells and just turned all logic and reason off... triple tap my R key, make the straightest line down the center possible, take some pot shots at anyone I see, outmaneuver all the heavies and dodge the glass-cannon TDs camping their base.

Yeah, I die. So what? Won 4 Scout medals, exposed nearly half the enemy, all their artillery, racked up some damage, scored points for team damage and ended up letting my team kill off 2-3 tanks each time... and most importantly - broke the goddamned stalemate every round reverts into.

Even did this with my newly acquired, semi-stock Jackson and ended up winning 5 rounds and racking in the exp since the stock gun does crap against tier VII+.

And everyone thinks they're being so clever flanking and camping all the time... LOL :D

Your team won 6 battles without your contribution, you know this only proves one thing, right?: You are useless regardless what u do.

Themutt36 #6 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 10:31

Captain

• Players
  • 20459 battles
  • [DV] DV
Not to mention that your yolo probably didnt even give arty a chance to load let alone aim before you were dead.

johnmadara #7 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 11:14

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles
bad players are better off holding W, right clicking, and left clicking because you light things for your team and will probably do more damage than if you were to sit in a bush doing nothing for the entire game

Zxaiercese #8 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6138 battles

I learned, 6 years ago, on my T-50, prior to WG adding a bunch of bells and whistles to this game, how to functionally scout. All of that means jack crapif my team doesn't give a crap about implementing any degree of tactics behind their play though.

They all lemming it over to one side, ignore the obvious areas of the map until we lose and die. I'm sick of being the only one trying to cover a flank and shouting at them and shouting the plain [edited]obvious at everyone... then watching them get raped repeatedly.

They're all in it for themselves, as is obvious by the shear number of times people [edited]about "get off the cap!" when you're trying to actually win the [edited]match for the team. So now, I'm just going to play every singe game as the same greedy, selfish prick as everyone else.... and it's paying off twice-over.

Edited by Zxaiercese, Aug 11 2017 - 14:12.

Darkbee2Bee #9 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:29

Major

• Players
  • 31936 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostZxaiercese, on Aug 11 2017 - 08:11, said:

and it's paying off twice-over.

Is it though?  Coz your recents are worse than your overalls which would actually tend to infer the opposite of what you're claiming.

MacDaddyMatty #10 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 14:49

Major

• -Players-
  • 17541 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

Hey OP, IMHO...

If you are doing better at YOLOing than you are by playing around your teammates, you may want to consider reevaluating your game-play.

But, as long as you are having fun, I guess...

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 11 2017 - 14:50.

Cheesehead1964 #11 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 15:11

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4235 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Posteisen1973, on Aug 11 2017 - 08:53, said:

Your team won 6 battles without your contribution, you know this only proves one thing, right?: You are useless regardless what u do.

View PostThemutt36, on Aug 11 2017 - 10:31, said:

Not to mention that your yolo probably didnt even give arty a chance to load let alone aim before you were dead.

He won four Scouting badges though in six matches. That's 1,000 in spotting damage each game in a mid-tier (he mentioned a Jackson) game. Just sayin'.

MacDaddyMatty #12 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 15:33

Major

• -Players-
  • 17541 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

View PostCheesehead1964, on Aug 11 2017 - 09:11, said:

He won four Scouting badges though in six matches. That's 1,000 in spotting damage each game in a mid-tier (he mentioned a Jackson) game. Just sayin'.

Depends on the scouting badge.

One is just for "spotting" red tanks, the other is for "spotting damage".

Edited by MacDaddyMatty, Aug 11 2017 - 15:35.

tow2_b #13 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 17:51

Sergeant

• Players
  • 19141 battles

View PostZxaiercese, on Aug 11 2017 - 08:11, said:

I learned, 6 years ago, on my T-50, prior to WG adding a bunch of bells and whistles to this game, how to functionally scout. All of that means jack crapif my team doesn't give a crap about implementing any degree of tactics behind their play though.

They all lemming it over to one side, ignore the obvious areas of the map until we lose and die. I'm sick of being the only one trying to cover a flank and shouting at them and shouting the plain [edited]obvious at everyone... then watching them get raped repeatedly.

They're all in it for themselves, as is obvious by the shear number of times people [edited]about "get off the cap!" when you're trying to actually win the [edited]match for the team. So now, I'm just going to play every singe game as the same greedy, selfish prick as everyone else.... and it's paying off twice-over.

Just fyi (and you probably have seen this advice before, but in case you haven't): if team does the lemming thing, you're much better off pulling back to just give up that flank, but then overwatch your base/their approach from safety. Then you can chip at them, or even better hopefully spot for your team's shooters on that "safe" side. If you go to unprotected side by yourself or as just part of totally outnumbered force, you're just throwing away your gun for limited damage in return.

Teams are (sadly) running the lemming trains a lot more it seems, and it does mostly indicate a very probable loss in the battle - but in those cases you might as well play it as smart as you can and do better than 1-2 shots then overwhelmed! It's never a good idea to hold weak flank alone, it's insta-death. 

Doomslinger #14 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 19:45

Major

• Players
  • 61441 battles

View PostCheesehead1964, on Aug 11 2017 - 10:11, said:

You got your badges mixed up son. Patrol duty is the useful one that helps your teams and you get that for keeping enemy tanks lit so allies can damage them. Scouting badges are awarded if you are the one who gets the first spots on enemy tanks and you have to spot 8 or 9 of them. Race to enemy base/spawn and die right at the start of every battle and you can get scout badges. A bot program could do that, it takes no skill. All he is doing is sabotaging his team's chances to win because he throws away his tank each time.

Cheesehead1964 #15 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:19

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4235 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDoomslinger, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:45, said:

You got your badges mixed up son. Patrol duty is the useful one that helps your teams and you get that for keeping enemy tanks lit so allies can damage them. Scouting badges are awarded if you are the one who gets the first spots on enemy tanks and you have to spot 8 or 9 of them. Race to enemy base/spawn and die right at the start of every battle and you can get scout badges. A bot program could do that, it takes no skill. All he is doing is sabotaging his team's chances to win because he throws away his tank each time.

Yeah I was thinking the Spotter medal, which I got the other day in a Pudel of all things, which was kind of cool... it's for doing 1,000 HP assisted damage.

Doomslinger #16 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 20:38

Major

• Players
  • 61441 battles

View PostCheesehead1964, on Aug 11 2017 - 15:19, said:

Yeah I was thinking the Spotter medal, which I got the other day in a Pudel of all things, which was kind of cool... it's for doing 1,000 HP assisted damage.

The spotter award is not one of the medals, if I remember correctly. I think it's just a ribbon or token or something. I know it's not as good as getting patrol duty award. So I just checked and spotter award is a ribbon and is under "honorary ranks" awards and patrol duty is a medal and is under "battle hero" awards.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users