WG has done a good job with landing tournament gold for new clans

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

Skeenaman #1 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 17:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32848 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

I just noticed that clans can get 37,500 gold between now and September 4th without beating a single province landowner.  So basically 1500 gold/day for just doing landing tournaments.  Another 15,000 gold is available if they can beat a landowner 5 times.

I havn't played CW since you earned gold only by holding provinces and I've been in clans that did landing tournaments night-after-night for no gold at all.

Landing tournaments seem like a pretty good option for clans that are not quite up to holding land on the global map yet.

It means that even clans that have only 1 tier X per player can still earn substantial gold just farming landing tournaments.  Matching landings based on ELO instead of random will make it even easier for new clans to score some kills and XP.

I think WG gets a "well done" for giving all this opportunity and incentive for smaller clans to get involved in Clan Wars!

Lesser_Spotted_Panzer #2 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:06

Captain

• Players
  • 62360 battles
Sounds good. I really don't follow clan stuff, but wouldn't this mean it is possible for me to set up a 1 man clan, do landings, and earn 1500 gold a day for losing every time?

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:19

Captain

• Players
  • 33881 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostSkeenaman, on Aug 11 2017 - 11:58, said:

I just noticed that clans can get 37,500 gold between now and September 4th without beating a single province landowner.  So basically 1500 gold/day for just doing landing tournaments.  Another 15,000 gold is available if they can beat a landowner 5 times.

I havn't played CW since you earned gold only by holding provinces and I've been in clans that did landing tournaments night-after-night for no gold at all.

Landing tournaments seem like a pretty good option for clans that are not quite up to holding land on the global map yet.

It means that even clans that have only 1 tier X per player can still earn substantial gold just farming landing tournaments.  Matching landings based on ELO instead of random will make it even easier for new clans to score some kills and XP.

I think WG gets a "well done" for giving all this opportunity and incentive for smaller clans to get involved in Clan Wars!

Was like this last season in the North West as well. The clan task is a good thing. But only the first battle is based on your clan elo rating. Starting the second battle it goes by the total points you scored in the first battle.

Skeenaman #4 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 32848 battles
  • [TUF] TUF

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Aug 11 2017 - 18:06, said:

Sounds good. I really don't follow clan stuff, but wouldn't this mean it is possible for me to set up a 1 man clan, do landings, and earn 1500 gold a day for losing every time?

Well the minimum to enter a battle is 12 players but yes, with 12 active tier X players and ELO-based matcmaking it would be hard to complete the higher missions but you could complete the "kill this many tanks" and "get this many xp" operations for gold.

BigDollarBillz #5 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 18:20

Captain

• Players
  • 33881 battles
  • [SBW] SBW

View PostLesser_Spotted_Panzer, on Aug 11 2017 - 12:06, said:

nope you have to have a minim of 12 players to go into battle.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users