Why?!? Why does WarGaming insist on forcing its WarGaming.net Game Center down its customers/pl...

wargaming.net game center

33 replies to this topic

mr_Keith #21 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 02:35

Private

• -Players-
  • 16 battles
I suppose I'm funny, but I have windows 7 on my computer and laptop. When I still had a functioning home computer I thought, "Hey, this might be cool!" Downloaded it, installed it, and it worked great! Except... it wouldn't let me leave the game. I had to restart. Then it prevented me from getting on the net, for ANYTHING. No web browsing, no connection to the net period... other than the game center running in the background. I diagnosed it, it's incompatible with my system. After five hours of trying to find a way to work with it. I tried uninstalling it, it came back. I finally had to restore my system to an earlier time, which worked... except right after that I start getting the blue screen error. As of now, two weeks later, I can't even get that system to start in safe mode. In fact, I only got it to start in safe mode twice after I finally had to restore, before it began refusing to respond at all. If they're going to try to tell me to go to windows 10, the answer in not just no, but oh heck no. I'm far from a foo_l and it's all too obvious this "game center" program, or virus more like, was a direct cause of the blue screen error. The day I'm forced to accept that game center will be my last day with Wargame. Seriously. I like the games, but I have other options and will use them before I kill my computers or install the spyware Microsoft calls Windows 10.

xXx360QuikSkopexXxK1ngx #22 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 14:45

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 5 battles
I like how all the technologically impaired [edited]come out of the woodworks as soon as something like this becomes a thing and don't seem to realize they can just kill the WGC.exe task in task manager when they don't need to download an update and blame all issues on it.

mr_Keith #23 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 04:19

Private

• -Players-
  • 16 battles
Very helpful...

landedkiller #24 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 15:15

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
There are ways to get the old clients back it just takes some archive searching hint hint 

rich73 #25 Posted Sep 03 2017 - 18:30

Major

• Players
  • 44170 battles
Wasnt shoved down my throat.I dont have it.You succumbed to hype and now reap your reward...lol,trusting WG...lol

landedkiller #26 Posted Sep 06 2017 - 05:20

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostxXx360QuikSkopexXxK1ngx, on Sep 02 2017 - 07:45, said:

I like how all the technologically impaired [edited]come out of the woodworks as soon as something like this becomes a thing and don't seem to realize they can just kill the WGC.exe task in task manager when they don't need to download an update and blame all issues on it.

The problem is also having to disable all the other tasks that continue to run after you close the wargaming center out. Here I am an idiot for putting my own money into this game now they force this program on the new players who install the game and eventually it looks like they will force us to get rid of our separate clients

pupdog #27 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 21:45

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 61270 battles
  • [HARMD] HARMD

well this laucher is a good way to lose players ...great idea Wargaming .....now get rid of it it is complete garbage I have tried to run on several different occasions it slows everything down and since its release i have not been able to run one game of WoWs or WoWplanes :(

Edited by pupdog, Sep 14 2017 - 21:46.

Striker_70 #28 Posted Sep 22 2017 - 18:19

Major

• Players
  • 18706 battles

Do you understand how many customers WG is losing by requiring people to screw around with their computer just to install a game?  A lot of people have problems simply plugging their computers in, let alone finding workarounds for buggy software.

If someone wants try out a game and the game downloader screws up their computer and internet, many are just going to forget about playing the game all together and avoid wargaming products.

It's a big problem for an online gaming company to have something like this happen. It's totally unacceptable and rather hilarious how they made something this buggy a requirement to install and play WG games.

Tom_Froehlich #29 Posted Sep 23 2017 - 20:41

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

What more do you need to say than: crap is crap no matter how you justify it.

The other day I was playing World of Warships and noticed a high ping rate for this

computer upon investigating it I found out it was my WarGamming Center adding content.

The way I look at it is if I cannot update my games myself I do not need to play them  

landedkiller #30 Posted Oct 02 2017 - 06:27

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

View PostTom_Froehlich, on Sep 23 2017 - 13:41, said:

What more do you need to say than: crap is crap no matter how you justify it.

The other day I was playing World of Warships and noticed a high ping rate for this

computer upon investigating it I found out it was my WarGamming Center adding content.

The way I look at it is if I cannot update my games myself I do not need to play them  

View PostStriker_70, on Sep 22 2017 - 11:19, said:

Do you understand how many customers WG is losing by requiring people to screw around with their computer just to install a game?  A lot of people have problems simply plugging their computers in, let alone finding workarounds for buggy software.

If someone wants try out a game and the game downloader screws up their computer and internet, many are just going to forget about playing the game all together and avoid wargaming products.

It's a big problem for an online gaming company to have something like this happen. It's totally unacceptable and rather hilarious how they made something this buggy a requirement to install and play WG games.

View Postpupdog, on Sep 14 2017 - 14:45, said:

well this laucher is a good way to lose players ...great idea Wargaming .....now get rid of it it is complete garbage I have tried to run on several different occasions it slows everything down and since its release i have not been able to run one game of WoWs or WoWplanes :(

View Postrich73, on Sep 03 2017 - 11:30, said:

Wasnt shoved down my throat.I dont have it.You succumbed to hype and now reap your reward...lol,trusting WG...lol

View Postmr_Keith, on Sep 01 2017 - 19:35, said:

I suppose I'm funny, but I have windows 7 on my computer and laptop. When I still had a functioning home computer I thought, "Hey, this might be cool!" Downloaded it, installed it, and it worked great! Except... it wouldn't let me leave the game. I had to restart. Then it prevented me from getting on the net, for ANYTHING. No web browsing, no connection to the net period... other than the game center running in the background. I diagnosed it, it's incompatible with my system. After five hours of trying to find a way to work with it. I tried uninstalling it, it came back. I finally had to restore my system to an earlier time, which worked... except right after that I start getting the blue screen error. As of now, two weeks later, I can't even get that system to start in safe mode. In fact, I only got it to start in safe mode twice after I finally had to restore, before it began refusing to respond at all. If they're going to try to tell me to go to windows 10, the answer in not just no, but oh heck no. I'm far from a foo_l and it's all too obvious this "game center" program, or virus more like, was a direct cause of the blue screen error. The day I'm forced to accept that game center will be my last day with Wargame. Seriously. I like the games, but I have other options and will use them before I kill my computers or install the spyware Microsoft calls Windows 10.

We need to make videos on this I know how to rid yourselves of the wargaming center it won't do much good if we can't get them to have a grandfather option or for wg to stop rolling out the wgc. We need to post screen shots everything you can do will only help. Start messaging the forum admins show them your tickets and their responses and have anyoneelse who is having the same problems do the same only when we united can things change

Edited by landedkiller, Oct 02 2017 - 06:27.

boarderx100 #31 Posted Oct 18 2017 - 08:47

Private

• Players
  • 28960 battles
  • [MXNTS] MXNTS

View Postmegatronx10, on Aug 14 2017 - 01:37, said:

Regarding the new launcher:....at the upper left portion of the window, it has the game settings button. At the bottom of that list is a link for "Install additional game instance"....what is this & does anyone know what it's for ??

Anyone know the answer to this?

Ausgaz #32 Posted Oct 19 2017 - 11:00

Corporal

• Players
  • 33996 battles
  • [ORYX] ORYX

Install additional game instance - used to install a new copy of the game in a different directory. very good if you use mods a lot.  use mods on one "instance" and no mods on the other.  Alternatively you can load the game in Safe mode but only via the WGC 

CedricMacLaren #33 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 04:36

Major

• Players
  • 14774 battles
  • [RECKT] RECKT

One should not have to open the Task Manager as the standard way of closing a program. 

schwert_2015 #34 Posted Oct 23 2017 - 04:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27136 battles
OK, what the hell is Game Center?

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users