Spotting Alerts 6th Sense

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

WinningWithWarchild #1 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 21:49

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6819 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Forgive my newness, but I am a bit confused by a few things with regards to being spotted.  Many times, and even before I had 6th sense, a spotting notification pops in tiny white text in the middle of my screen that says "spotted" and lists the type of tank that spotted me.  3 seconds later, the 6th sense alert will sound off.  I also get the 6th Sense going off on occasion when I have no idea why.  However, I assume that is when someone is in close proximity to me.  Considering all of this, here are my questions:

1) Why does the white text spotting alert show up sometimes and not all the time?

2) Is there a mod (legal) that highlights that notification so you can be 3 seconds quicker on the rush to cover?

3) How long does being spotted last generally? (this may be complicated based on skills, tank type, camo, etc.)

4) Is there a way to know when you're no longer spotted?  Other than counting seconds.

I see a lot of mods that alter the notifications (like Quickybaby's).  Do any of the mods help with spotting notifications?  I like the game as is and have been reluctant to install any changes to it, but I see that even Wargaming employees modify their game as well so I'm starting to think about it.  I would like to make things visually easier on me (that small white text that pops up for a split second is hard to see sometimes), but I don't really know what XVM is or why I need to know other people's statistics when I'm playing.  Although I hope that my opponents use it to underestimate me based upon my winrate, I really do.*

Thank you for your time.

WinningWithWarchild

Jer1413 #2 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 40216 battles
  • [RR13] RR13

The notification you see is telling you that you have spotted the other vehicle, not that you have been spotted.

The reason you see it many times 3 seconds before your 6th sense notification is that many times you both spot each other at the same time. There is a 3 second delay on the 6th sense.

Boghie #3 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:34

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3344 battles

Until about two months ago I thought the same thing;)

• The messages that pop up (normal font in the middle low part of the screen) are tanks you are spotting!!!  That is good stuff!!!
  • The screaming icon at the middle top tells you that someone else sees you!!! You are spotted!!!  That is not a good thing!!!

4TankersAndADog 'scientifically' reviewed the spotting mechanic you are asking about at his YouTube site.  He also has a sound (Star Treky) that lasts the length of an initial spot.  It looks like he uses this to avoid arty since they cannot really self spot. 

By the way '6th Sense' - the second UI element noted above - is NOT limited to proximity spotting.  That T67 on the far outer edge of the map driven by the 5 skill Seal Clubber will fire off your '6th Sense' - but, only if he is concentrating on someone else.  If he is concentrating on you that your death will occur before the 3 second delay and you will never know...

WinningWithWarchild #4 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:53

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6819 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
All of this is good to know (and don't I feel like the dummy).  Thank you for that assistance!

Boghie #5 Posted Aug 11 2017 - 22:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 3344 battles

Dummy:teethhappy:.  Wish I had your stats.  Will get there though...

I just mentioned in another thread that WG should make stuff like this normal knowledge via PvE and/or a real tutorial.  They do have their videos on spotting, but it would be much, much better taught in a real tutorial.  This stuff should not be a 'mystery of the orient'.

firekitty #6 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 04:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34501 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

OP,

A comment was made and link provided from 4tankers vids- awesome player, former league team mate, and in game friend. He has some real good stuff, explains things well, AND a hell of a nice guy. Look at all his stuff.

Here is another link, has links with in the article that are also good. 

http://tankwarroom.c...nal-range-guide

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users