• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Sora_the_witch #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 01:52

Private

• -Players-
  • 5428 battles
  • [WARHK] WARHK

Hi everyone,

I know I'm not a good player by any means, but I think my ridiculous loss streaks are more than random chance. We're talking 13 in a row, 9 in a row, 6 in a row, 9 in a row again. Day after day after day. Now half these games the score is 0-5 in the first 30 seconds, the rest are composed of my aimed shots missing, bouncing, or just not firing while the enemy pens me everytime. I'm seriously starting to believe that Wargaming has designated winners and losers, and even though I've paid into this game repeatedly, I'm a loser. It's very frustrating, I love tanks, military history, and games but I can't play a game that from the minute I login tells me defeat, defeat, defeat, degeat, defeat ad nauseum.

rokinamerica #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 4741 battles

Here is a place to go for help:

http://forum.worldof...-and-tutorials/

also go to YouTube and you can find some great videos showing so much of how the mechanics work. I am not a good player by any means, but these helped me and I can help at times. I do understand that I am also sometimes a hindrance to my teams, and I do not believe that there is any preset plan to make me lose. Sometimes my team is just bad, myself included, but MM does not use skill in any way to make a team, it just puts together a team, then another, and only uses tier matching and to some degree weight of tanks (I believe mediums and heavies are equal though). 

NiteDog #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:04

Major

• Players
  • 26496 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL
Contact Guido1212 and ask if you can submit a replay. He has helped me and several others improve our game-play. Ask the better players. There are many that would be glad to help you. GL OP

Themutt36 #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:11

Captain

• Players
  • 20459 battles
  • [DV] DV

You are at a point where you are meeting bigger tanks and better players.  this is a game that requires you to learn things like spotting, camo and pen to get better.  Spend some time reading the wiki pages especially about crews and skills.  Watch some of the videos for beginners by quickybaby where he explains much of these things.  Once you start learning these things and begin to get better you will have more fun.

Oh and start an easy goal of doing your hit points in damage every game.

tiadashi #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:12

Major

• Players
  • 20002 battles

View PostSora_the_witch, on Aug 12 2017 - 01:52, said:

Hi everyone,

I know I'm not a good player by any means, but I think my ridiculous loss streaks are more than random chance. We're talking 13 in a row, 9 in a row, 6 in a row, 9 in a row again. Day after day after day. Now half these games the score is 0-5 in the first 30 seconds, the rest are composed of my aimed shots missing, bouncing, or just not firing while the enemy pens me everytime. I'm seriously starting to believe that Wargaming has designated winners and losers, and even though I've paid into this game repeatedly, I'm a loser. It's very frustrating, I love tanks, military history, and games but I can't play a game that from the minute I login tells me defeat, defeat, defeat, degeat, defeat ad nauseum.

Take a break after 3 losses come back later or whenever

Nudnick #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:24

Major

• -Players-
  • 20259 battles
Don't beat your head against the wall. Don't feel like you have to play a certain tank just because you have it. Identify which tanks you're most comfortable in and stick with them. Take a break and play a different tank when you come back. Play slow and follow a heavy with good armor to hide behind. Try to avoid taking damage, you can't learn if you die early.

wkcw1 #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 11943 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
It's x5 weekend so things will get crazy. Anyway, it's still a good game and you will improve over time.

Trooper13 #8 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:26

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 24029 battles

View PostSora_the_witch, on Aug 12 2017 - 00:52, said:

Hi everyone,

Hang in there dude.  It will become fun when you learn to understand that all of the above ideas are really worth exploring.  Also try slowing down just a bit and evaluating where you can help someone and not try to dominate all alone.  That sometimes is risky.  Also, no matter what some of the folks say in game, your win rate doesn't necessarily define you as a player.  Good luck.

Edited by Trooper13, Aug 12 2017 - 02:27.

Peak_Bagger #9 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:31

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 8350 battles
  • [W_T_F] W_T_F

View PostNudnick, on Aug 12 2017 - 02:24, said:

Don't beat your head against the wall. Don't feel like you have to play a certain tank just because you have it. Identify which tanks you're most comfortable in and stick with them. Take a break and play a different tank when you come back. Play slow and follow a heavy with good armor to hide behind. Try to avoid taking damage, you can't learn if you die early.

This is such great advice! I've been playing my favourite tanks for the last couple of weeks and have seen a noticeable improvement in my play. And I've also stopped expanding my garage for the time being, just focusing on improving crews and maximizing the equipment in my existing tanks. And protecting hit points for the late game is something I've got to get better at.

Good luck! We've all been there!

_GeorgePreddy #10 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:33

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
You win about 46% of your battles... sooo.... you can't be losing 6 to 13 in a row all that often.

Pipinghot #11 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:38

Major

• Players
  • 25826 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostSora_the_witch, on Aug 11 2017 - 19:52, said:

I know I'm not a good player by any means, but I think my ridiculous loss streaks are more than random chance.

That's true, but not in the way that you mean. When you get better you will have fewer losing streaks. The MM is random, the outcome of battles is not, it is up to the players to affect their win rates by the quality of their playing.

We're talking 13 in a row, 9 in a row, 6 in a row, 9 in a row again. Day after day after day.

Well you're winning a lot too, because you have a 45% win rate. That means you win 9 out of every 20 battles and lose 11 out of every 20 battles, that's really not a big differences between your wins and losses. Your winning streaks are not as big as your losing streaks, but you have them too. The more you improve the more that the balance between your winning and losing streaks will change.

the rest are composed of my aimed shots missing, bouncing, or just not firing while the enemy pens me everytime.

It's not anyone else's fault if you don't know where to aim. All tanks have weak spots, learn them, use them.

I'm seriously starting to believe that Wargaming has designated winners and losers

Nope. Just people who learn enough that they can influence their battles and win more often, and people who don't learn enough. Players designate themselves as winners or losers based on how well they play the game.

and even though I've paid into this game repeatedly, I'm a loser. It's very frustrating, I love tanks, military history, and games but I can't play a game that from the minute I login tells me defeat, defeat, defeat, degeat, defeat ad nauseum.

Don't forget that WoT is pure PvP, you're going up against other people every single battle. There aren't any conveniently easy battle modes where all you play is pre-programmed content designed to make things easy and fun for you. If you think other players are going to let you win without you doing everything you can to beat them, you're mistaken, this game is dog-eat-dog every single battle.

Insurrectional_Leftist #12 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:42

Major

• Players
  • 44596 battles
LOL

OldFrog75 #13 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:54

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7184 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

Random does not mean 50/50.  It's streaky.  Some days it's wins, other days it's losses.  Pick a number of acceptable losses (for you) and then change tiers and/or servers - or better yet, log off for an hour or so.

One problem with long losing streaks is they get into your head and affect the way you play - usually not for the better.  Take frequent breaks.

Leeferr #14 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 02:58

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37740 battles
  • [TAP] TAP
strings of losses happen,but you know what?  Strings of wins happen also.  We just never hear about them.  The best way not to lose is not to play.  If you hit the play button, expect some bad teams, especially on x5 weekends.  I seldom play on Friday nights.  It seems to be an instant invitation for idiot teams.

Slatherer #15 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 03:05

Major

• Players
  • 28689 battles
Op, where is your proof?

Doomslinger #16 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 03:06

Major

• Players
  • 60437 battles

The game is rigged to give good and bad sessions and everyone knows it. The deniers are just people that wear rose colored glasses and live in a world with purple unicorns that are jumping over rainbows...I watch streams and have seen Anfield comment about it being rigged on several occasions. Same for Overlord Prime.

Video Clip - Overlord Prime, game is rigged. Skip to 18 minutes and start watching.

Zxaiercese #17 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 03:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6138 battles

Lemming up and go with the flow. The second you start using reason and common sense in public matches, you lose. Don't be "that guy" guarding the exposed flank, because I will guarantee the rest of your team doesn't give a rat's [edited]and will instantly hang you out to dry the second you spot half the enemy team coming your way.

Don't be the only paying attention to the mini map and seeing 3 LTs flanking everyone and heading to your artillery/base. You'll be the only who goes to defend and you will die.

Don't be the guy who realizes that the 7 friendlies who rolled right up to the base without encountering an enemy, missed the entire enemy team coming down the other side of the map.

Just take the most asinine tactics you can think of, see which one your team decides on for that round and embrace it, fully. 

Edited by Zxaiercese, Aug 12 2017 - 03:12.

Gothraul #18 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:02

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles
A big part of that is your 45% win rate and everyone and their dog uses xvm making things much worse, find a helping hand or two to teach you how to get better and decide on a couple of tanks that you do well in then start padding your way to at least 48%.

GospelGamester #19 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:14

Private

• -Players-
  • 0 battles

My husband and I both play and I've commented, why does it always seem like the other team is always tougher? 

But, in reality, that hasn't always been true. There has been several times when my team whipped the other team and many times when I was the last one alive. Since the new ops started, I have noticed the matches being more difficult. I play artillery mostly and probably am being paired up with higher tiered tanks even though my tank hasn't changed tiers. 

My point is I can exaggerate my losses so that I forget my winnings. Don't let that happen to you. 

If you're playing ops, it might be more challenging. Keep at it. Take breaks. Remember it's just a game. Not real war--thankfully

Edited by GospelGamester, Aug 12 2017 - 04:15.

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #20 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1305 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I'm really, really late, but I've found that when the loss streaks come, take a break for a few, or switch things up. If I'm XP grinding, I'll switch over to Credit grinding. 

For me it has seemed to work here on PC. It always helped on Blitz.

Good luck!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users