Almost non-stop losses

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

That1Villain #41 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 09:09

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17191 battles
I still don't understand how people can think that this game is rigged, WG has absolutely no incentive to rig your matches, not to mention the work that would be required to do that is almost impossible to do for one person, let alone thousands. OP sometimes losing streaks happen but always remember that the constants in your games are you, so do what you can and try to learn from your mistakes.

Capt_Nixon #42 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:02

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View PostThat1Villain, on Aug 14 2017 - 02:09, said:

I still don't understand how people can think that this game is rigged

Perhaps "rigged" is the wrong word. 

It is "engineered" to get people to spend money. What's wrong with that, you say? Don't all businesses do that?

Sure, except that most businesses do that by trying to make their customers happy and/or satisfied. WG does the opposite ... their business model appears to be to make their customers frustrated, and then encourage them to spend money to reduce their frustration. If you just buy gold to get 100% crews and premium tanks and premium ammo, camo, consumables, etc etc, you will have better stats and be a more effective tanker and a bigger help to your team and maybe even our MM will no longer put you on team Rollstomp after six consecutive losses against those who do spend money ...

the_Deadly_Bulb #43 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:40

Major

• Players
  • 18433 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCapt_Nixon, on Aug 14 2017 - 10:02, said:

Perhaps "rigged" is the wrong word.

It is "engineered" to get people to spend money. What's wrong with that, you say? Don't all businesses do that?

Sure, except that most businesses do that by trying to make their customers happy and/or satisfied. WG does the opposite ... their business model appears to be to make their customers frustrated, and then encourage them to spend money to reduce their frustration. If you just buy gold to get 100% crews and premium tanks and premium ammo, camo, consumables, etc etc, you will have better stats and be a more effective tanker and a bigger help to your team and maybe even our MM will no longer put you on team Rollstomp after six consecutive losses against those who do spend money ...

You make the assumption that because WG's actions make things more frustrating for you that everyone feels the same.

This is called confirmation bias and is purely subjective on your part.

There is literally NOTHING you can buy from the Premium Shop that will do anything except make your journey up the tiers a bit quicker. There is no easy route to be found at the Premium Shop, only a few shortcuts.

Many players play this game and enjoy it without ever putting in a cent.

You do not need gold to get a good crew. You can get there by playing that crew, you will need more rounds than someone running Premium Time, but you will get to the same place given the time.

No purchase from the Premium Shop will affect your MM placement, with the exception of a PMM vehicle which will ensure you're not in a +/- 2 matchup. Other than that you can't buy a break, only some shortcuts.

Premium ammo can be acquired for credits.

If you use gold to purchase ammo or convert gold to credits you're doing it wrong.

I enjoy the game, don't mind spending a few $ on it. If I bought a cup of coffee every day I'd have spent more on that than I do on WoT.

Pretty damn cheap entertainment IMO. :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 14 2017 - 19:48.

WinningWithWarchild #44 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 6943 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
If you ever take an advanced software engineering class, they will teach you some simple rules regarding game satisfaction and addiction.  I am certain that WoT's MM is based on this premise - create fast games and push all players closer to 50%.  Improve bad players' morale by giving them good players/wins, make good players lose creating an heightened need to do whatever it takes to win.  These principles create a higher likelihood for spending cash from both groups.  Since WoT's relies on purchases to fund its existence, you will need to learn to live with this.

Capt_Nixon #45 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:50

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 14 2017 - 12:40, said:

You make the assumption that because WG's actions make things more frustrating for you that everyone feels the same.

This is called confirmation bias and is purely subjective on your part.

I do not presume everyone feels the same. Rather, I observe the legions of posters on this forum and the many players who are no longer players describe their experiences. So it is not confirmation bias. It is observation. And it doesn't even apply to me, as I have found a way to find just enough enjoyment in the game to compensate for its built-in frustration.

And it is absolutely subjective, I never said otherwise. 

Edited by Capt_Nixon, Aug 14 2017 - 19:51.

the_Deadly_Bulb #46 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 19:56

Major

• Players
  • 18433 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCapt_Nixon, on Aug 14 2017 - 10:50, said:

I do not presume everyone feels the same. Rather, I observe the legions of posters on this forum and the many players who are no longer players describe their experiences. So it is not confirmation bias. It is observation. And it doesn't even apply to me, as I have found a way to find just enough enjoyment in the game to compensate for its built-in frustration.

And it is absolutely subjective, I never said otherwise.

Legions of posters on this forum complain about imaginary things.

Butthurt and conspiracies around WG abound here. Doesn't make them so.

Capt_Nixon #47 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 20:29

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4489 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 14 2017 - 12:56, said:

Legions of posters on this forum complain about imaginary things.

Butthurt and conspiracies around WG abound here. Doesn't make them so.

Subjectively, of course.

Pipinghot #48 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 14:59

Major

• Players
  • 25838 battles
  • [IOC] IOC

View PostDoomslinger, on Aug 11 2017 - 21:06, said:

The game is rigged to give good and bad sessions and everyone knows it. The deniers are just people that wear rose colored glasses and live in a world with purple unicorns that are jumping over rainbows...I watch streams and have seen Anfield comment about it being rigged on several occasions. Same for Overlord Prime.

Video Clip - Overlord Prime, game is rigged. Skip to 18 minutes and start watching.

Go take a math class. Random = random.

GetInDaChoppa_003 #49 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 11:08

Private

• -Players-
  • 786 battles
crapteams

da_Rock002 #50 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 13:47

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5240 battles

View PostThat1Villain, on Aug 14 2017 - 03:09, said:

I still don't understand how people can think that this game is rigged, WG has absolutely no incentive to rig your matches, not to mention the work that would be required to do that is almost impossible to do for one person, let alone thousands. OP sometimes losing streaks happen but always remember that the constants in your games are you, so do what you can and try to learn from your mistakes.

They also have no incentive to screw up the Friends, Contact, or Clan communications (the things they are handing out compensation to everyone for).  

Large, complex applications often do unintended things.   People outside the industry and those with little understanding of computer applications often assume everything those 'programs' do is on purpose.  

You've brought up a major problem with large applications like WoT.   It's the cause of many a bug.   One team's latest change kicks off errors in other team's code.   Neither team sees them happening in testing for obvious reasons, and the changes go online with the next version update.    It's why really good development centers setup 'acceptance testing'.   And that doesn't always catch things. 

So when you see things that aren't right, it really isn't because they wanted to do it that way.   Or they had planned it.   And the fact it's really bad to your eyes doesn't come close to proving "it  isn't happening."        Nor is "they'd never do it on purpose" any better as proof.        

VendettaPrime #51 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 13:52

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 942 battles

Well I went from almost 56% to almost 54% WR

but in all honesty I pushed up in tiers very fast and I have to adjust to it so it's no big thing, it's random and you also have new things like a new tank, new tiers, possible new crew etc.

it almost always has a reason ( a fact for me is that I have to play at night to make use of prime time, I also have a full time job and family and the fact that I'm tired if I play also makes it less profitable.. Like it or not if you are tired, on tilt or whatever your results will be worse 9/10)

the fact I'm grinding as fast as possible is also a huge factor and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one doing that.

da_Rock002 #52 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 16:34

Captain

• -Players-
  • 5240 battles

View PostThat1Villain, on Aug 14 2017 - 03:09, said:

BTW, next time you're in one of the BLOWOUTS that winds up in minutes, take a screenshot of the after battle report (the Team page) an post it here.   It's fairly quick to research.

the_Deadly_Bulb #53 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 22:04

Major

• Players
  • 18433 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostVendettaPrime, on Aug 20 2017 - 04:52, said:

Well I went from almost 56% to almost 54% WR

but in all honesty I pushed up in tiers very fast and I have to adjust to it so it's no big thing, it's random and you also have new things like a new tank, new tiers, possible new crew etc.

it almost always has a reason ( a fact for me is that I have to play at night to make use of prime time, I also have a full time job and family and the fact that I'm tired if I play also makes it less profitable.. Like it or not if you are tired, on tilt or whatever your results will be worse 9/10)

the fact I'm grinding as fast as possible is also a huge factor and I'm pretty sure I'm not the only one doing that.

The new increase in latency from the server consolidation + the new mix of players may have some bearing. Rushing is, as you know, usually risky too. While not major any or all of these issues can be influencing this recent drop.

Being tired can definitely be a factor in bad performances.

My recent has taken a similar plunge. My overall has not been affected, due to my higher game count no doubt.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users