Almost non-stop losses

• Please log in to reply
52 replies to this topic

Capt_Nixon #21 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 04:46

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4361 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE
It's 12-15 players on a team ... the math tells you that wins and losses are more about the teams you're on than your own individual performance, so don't sweat it. Just try to enjoy and play better regardless of win rate.

Edited by Capt_Nixon, Aug 12 2017 - 04:47.

Ikanator #22 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 16:41

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 7663 battles
And it will vary a lot from day to day. Weekends where x3 and especially x5 experience are being awarded will have everybody jumping onto the server. That can skew things a lot. Yesterday I had 7 wins and 11 losses. Ouch. Today I just had 7 wins and 2 losses. Yeah! Unfortunately days like today are nowhere near as common as I would like them to be.

the_Deadly_Bulb #23 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:38

Major

• Players
  • 18357 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I'd suggest dropping a few tiers and playing more rounds in T-IV and V. You have done well in your T34-85M, however for the most part your're struggling above T-V.

Certainly leave those T-VII & VIIIs parked for now, you're really not there yet. They'll be there when you're ready.

Do check out Guido1212. His You Tube channel has good information. There are others too who have some very helpful informative vids posted in YT.

Its unfortunately not the teams or MM or, in spite of Gothral's constant claims, XVM either.

It's players on the red teams having too easy a time destroying you.

Other players on your teams are experiencing the same issue.

You can only improve yourself.

Focus on what you can improve, being you, and forget about MM, the other members of your teams and XVM, there's nothing you can do about them.

You just need to step back and drop a few tiers. Don't be in such a hurry. Spend time evaluating the battlefield and build your situational awareness.

Don't go alone.

Know your vehicle role and play it properly. 

For example Heavy tanks are NOT intended to hide behind everyone and/or snipe from the red line. TDs are the true snipers, Heavies must lead the charge or at least support the push. Likewise don't use a fragile TD as a frontline attack vehicle.

Don't let WR dictate your play. Its distracting. Try to shoot for your HP every match.

Stay in the game as long as you can, but not at the cost of being a useless bump.

Watch how others are playing the tanks you play. Try to learn from their success and their failures as well as your own.

Get help from clan mates too. If your clan won't give you some help you're in the wrong clan!

GL HF  :honoring:

Edited by the_Deadly_Bulb, Aug 13 2017 - 00:12.

OldFrog75 #24 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 20:56

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7743 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
What the Bulb said  ^^^^^^^

Edited by OldFrog75, Aug 12 2017 - 21:00.

Cheesehead1964 #25 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:04

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4235 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostSora_the_witch, on Aug 12 2017 - 01:52, said:

Hi everyone,

I know I'm not a good player by any means, but I think my ridiculous loss streaks are more than random chance. We're talking 13 in a row, 9 in a row, 6 in a row, 9 in a row again. Day after day after day. Now half these games the score is 0-5 in the first 30 seconds, the rest are composed of my aimed shots missing, bouncing, or just not firing while the enemy pens me everytime. I'm seriously starting to believe that Wargaming has designated winners and losers, and even though I've paid into this game repeatedly, I'm a loser. It's very frustrating, I love tanks, military history, and games but I can't play a game that from the minute I login tells me defeat, defeat, defeat, degeat, defeat ad nauseum.

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 12 2017 - 18:38, said:

I'd suggest dropping a few tiers and playing more rounds in T-IV and V. You have done well in your T34-85M, however for the most part your're struggling above T-V.

Certainly leave those T-VII & VIIIs parked for now, you're really not there yet. They'll be there when you're ready.

Do check out Guido1212. His You Tube channel has good information. There are others too who have some very helpful informative vids posted in YT.

Its unfortunately not the teams or MM or, in spite of Gothral's constant claims, XVM either.

It's players on the red teams having too easy a time destroying you.

Other players on your teams are experiencing the same issue.

You can only improve yourself.

Focus on what you can improve, being you, and forget about MM, the other members of your teams and XVM, there's nothing you can do about them.

You just need to step back and drop a few tiers. Don't be in such a hurry. Spend time evaluating the battlefield and build your situational awareness.

Don't go alone.

Know your vehicle role and play it properly. 

For example Heavy tanks are NOT intended to hide behind everyone and/or snipe from the red line. TDs are the true snipers, Heavies must lead the charge or at least support the push. Likewise don't use a fragile TD as a frontline attack vehicle.

Don't let WR dictate your play. Its distracting. Try to shoot for your HP every match.

Stay in the game as long as you can, but not at the cost of being a useless bump.

Watch how others are playing the tanks you play. Try to learn from their success and their failures as well as your own.

Get help from clan mates too. If your clan won't give you some help you're in the wrong clan!

GL HF  :honoring:

If you

View PostOldFrog75, on Aug 12 2017 - 20:56, said:

What the Bulb said  ^^^^^^^

OP, I'm not too far behind you in game count and have experienced similar frustration and come to many of the same conclusions about the game.

In fact I've rage quit and uninstalled several times but kept playing after encouragement from this forum and my good clan mates, like Bulb and Frog.

I will say I'm not entirely unconvinced that Wargaming doesn't game the system a bit to increase their revenue streams. I pay into the game too and it isn't hard for me to imagine them doing this to manipulate people that pay in. Why wouldn't they?

But I've learned to just take the losing streaks in stride, and not care too much about WR. The winning streaks come too. Bottom line - I enjoy the game. I've found my niche in Tier VI TDs and mediums. I enjoy watching YouTubes and trying to get better, and I see my damage done and other stats steadily getting better. Guido 1212 is very good, as Bulb mentioned. I think the advice about quitting bad sessions or mixing it up is pretty good.

RedwoodOriginal #26 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:08

Captain

• Players
  • 19027 battles
  • [TAZZ] TAZZ
Win or lose, for me its the gud fites that matters!

the_Deadly_Bulb #27 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 00:11

Major

• Players
  • 18357 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostCheesehead1964, on Aug 12 2017 - 14:04, said:

OP, I'm not too far behind you in game count and have experienced similar frustration and come to many of the same conclusions about the game.

In fact I've rage quit and uninstalled several times but kept playing after encouragement from this forum and my good clan mates, like Bulb and Frog.

I will say I'm not entirely unconvinced that Wargaming doesn't game the system a bit to increase their revenue streams. I pay into the game too and it isn't hard for me to imagine them doing this to manipulate people that pay in. Why wouldn't they?

But I've learned to just take the losing streaks in stride, and not care too much about WR. The winning streaks come too. Bottom line - I enjoy the game. I've found my niche in Tier VI TDs and mediums. I enjoy watching YouTubes and trying to get better, and I see my damage done and other stats steadily getting better. Guido 1212 is very good, as Bulb mentioned. I think the advice about quitting bad sessions or mixing it up is pretty good.

Not to worry.

I'm going to convince you out of that 'rigged' nonsense one day! LOL  :honoring:

dunniteowl #28 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 00:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 18506 battles

View Postthe_Deadly_Bulb, on Aug 13 2017 - 00:11, said:

Not to worry.

I'm going to convince you out of that 'rigged' nonsense one day! LOL  :honoring:

And I'll do my level best to assist in that.

Cheesehead1964 #29 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 00:36

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 4235 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
You've both done a pretty good job!

VendettaPrime #30 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 10:58

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 942 battles

Last few sessions...81 games 28 wins, reasons:

-I was grinding XP as fast as I could.

-I entered tier 9 in a stock light tank ( it still is)

- I was on tilt.

what happened;

- went from almost 56% WR to under 54% WR 

- went from almost teal wn8 to a little above dark green.

what have I done:

- whined to my clan mates in the clan about how I was ready to make a tin foil hat.

what have they done:

- talked some sense In to me and explained why thing happen.

what will I do:

- stop my crying and pick up where I left, put on my big boy pants and start playing serious again to get towards 55 % WR and teal once again while taking the time to get used to tier 9 and grinding out the modules on my new tank.

Edited by VendettaPrime, Aug 13 2017 - 10:59.

Thornir #31 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:15

Major

• Players
  • 26549 battles

Ever notice that you never see posts like, "I am winning too much! something's wrong with the mm!"?

people believe excessive winning is earned, but excessive losing is due to rigged mm/conspiracy. Why? Because we want to believe we are good. We accept evidence that supports our desired outcome and resist and reject evidence to the contrary. It's called cognitive dissonance. Being aware of it, and realizing there's a reason we aren't all going to be great at this game is the first step in learning to enjoy the game.

I'm a 51-52% player. I try hard, every game, never give up. But there's only a very few games I successfully make a difference. To get significantly better would require an investment in time I just can't make. So, never going to be purple. And I am ok with that. I am successful in other aspects of life. I don't have to be great at pixel tanks, too. 

Worland #32 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 16:04

Major

• Players
  • 16556 battles
I feel your pain. Dusted off my NA account yesterday after a short hiatus. Went 4/15, 26% win rate. Didn't win a single game for the first hour. Oh, well. Will try it again later.

Sgt__Guffy #33 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 16:32

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 1786 battles

Nil Desperandum OP!  We all go through it. Some really good advice on the thread. I'm taking a break because in the last session I played I won one game in twenty! That was bad! 

Take it one game at a time. Keep your expectations in line with your ability. Ask yourself are you playing the right vehicles that suit your gameplay.

Situational awareness doesn't just apply to the crew, but you as well!  Adapt your gameplay to the situation you find yourself in.

If you are playing randoms, don't expect the team to do what you expect them to do, unless you crave disappointment. There are times when you cannot do anything right. Don't get frustrated! Just put it down to being a bad game and hit the battle button for the next game. 

A nice cup of tea helps too!

Have fun.

Guffy.

Edited by Sgt__Guffy, Aug 13 2017 - 16:33.

oldewolfe #34 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 16:52

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11542 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Haven't lost a Game since last Saturday Night.....        And that went actually Better than it felt at the Time.....      94 Matches and a 56% WR on the Day.....        Though it felt more like a 30% round of Tanks since the Plan was to Grind thru to the IS8/T-10 and it seemed I was in Every Other Tier 8 in my Garage besides my IS3.....      

Since then the Computer has chosen to take a Break from Tanks with Windows forgetting how the Keyboard actually Works and where to find it.....         And the 52" TV may have suffered a Catastrophic Power Surge that even the Surge Protector somehow missed.....       

Those Losses will come and go like the Wind, some will hangout well past what any good Storm should, and others will just treat you as a Passing Fancy and you'll be forgotten again for a Day of Good Tanking....       Those Losses now just means your Day is coming, don't sweat it....

Capt_Nixon #35 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 17:19

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4361 battles
  • [FLARE] FLARE

View PostThornir, on Aug 13 2017 - 07:15, said:

Ever notice that you never see posts like, "I am winning too much! something's wrong with the mm!"?

I have complained about this multiple times. Because I don't care about the stats as much as I care about fair and competitive gameplay.

I am just as bored not getting a single shot in at an enemy that my team crushes 15-2 in 3 minutes as I am getting killed 45 seconds in to a battle without firing a shot and watching my overmatched team get absolutely smoked in the same 3-minute time frame. There's something seriously wrong with MM in either case, and I don't enjoy either scenario.

And the reason this is important for the game's success is because the MM should allow for each team to have a fighting chance to enjoy competition every single match. The number of matches in which you individually determine the success or failure of the outcome by your relatively good or poor play is very small, and I've found its just as often that good play is met with losses and poor play does not prevent a win. It's about creating competitive teams, and the MM fails more often than not in this regard in my experience.

_GeorgePreddy #36 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 17:36

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Aug 12 2017 - 03:06, said:

The game is rigged to give good and bad sessions and everyone knows it. The deniers are just people that wear rose colored glasses and live in a world with purple unicorns that are jumping over rainbows...I watch streams and have seen Anfield comment about it being rigged on several occasions. Same for Overlord Prime.

Video Clip - Overlord Prime, game is rigged. Skip to 18 minutes and start watching.

This kind of tin-foil hat conspiracy theory thinking is far beneath Anfield & Overlord and even a moderately successful at mid tiers player like yourself.

It's emotional claptrap, there is no reason to rig a game to get the same results that a random 15 player per team game would give.

P.S. One video proves exactly nothing.

Edited by _GeorgePreddy, Aug 13 2017 - 17:37.

_GeorgePreddy #37 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 17:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostThornir, on Aug 13 2017 - 14:15, said:

people believe excessive winning is earned, but excessive losing is due to rigged mm/conspiracy. Why? Because we want to believe we are good. We accept evidence that supports our desired outcome and resist and reject evidence to the contrary. It's called cognitive dissonance. Being aware of it, and realizing there's a reason we aren't all going to be great at this game is the first step in learning to enjoy the game.

I'm a 51-52% player. I try hard, every game, never give up. But there's only a very few games I successfully make a difference. To get significantly better would require an investment in time I just can't make. So, never going to be purple. And I am ok with that. I am successful in other aspects of life. I don't have to be great at pixel tanks, too. 

You are a logical thinker... it is no surprise that you are successful in your real life.

bockscar43 #38 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 17:45

Captain

• -Players-
  • 25343 battles
  • [PL1AR] PL1AR
Welcome to the suck troop.

firekitty #39 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 18:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 34490 battles
  • [IMWAR] IMWAR

OP,

Yes, the game is rigged, but here is the thing; its rigged equally against all players.

Many players with several battles, like myself, will say " until you have approx. 5,000 battles, you wont 'get' this game. With your battle count, you are getting there. This game is hard, no doubt about that, but ask yourself " how long would you remain playing a game that was easy to master?". This game constantly changes and evolves, so the learning curve is constant.

I never looked at your details in your stats, but am guessing you do not have a tier 10 tank. When you do, you will feel exactly like you do now lmbo. My advice is don't advance upward in tiers too fast- learn the basics and become knowledgeable about such as camo and view range, spotting, etc. Learn to aim for weak spots and WHERE those are on different tanks. Know the limits and strengths of the tanks you use as well.

Stick with it, it will come and then you look back and can be proud of how much you have improved, and those wins will come more often.

_Anfield_ #40 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 09:04

Major

• Players
  • 38789 battles

View PostDoomslinger, on Aug 11 2017 - 18:06, said:

The game is rigged to give good and bad sessions and everyone knows it. The deniers are just people that wear rose colored glasses and live in a world with purple unicorns that are jumping over rainbows...I watch streams and have seen Anfield comment about it being rigged on several occasions. Same for Overlord Prime.

Video Clip - Overlord Prime, game is rigged. Skip to 18 minutes and start watching.

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Aug 13 2017 - 08:36, said:

This kind of tin-foil hat conspiracy theory thinking is far beneath Anfield & Overlord and even a moderately successful at mid tiers player like yourself.

It's emotional claptrap, there is no reason to rig a game to get the same results that a random 15 player per team game would give.

P.S. One video proves exactly nothing.

I don't remember ever calling the game rigged and it not been a meme or sarcasm and I'm sure the same goes for Overlord.

Unless you mean it's currently rigged to make you fire more prem to cost you more, in which case that's true, although it's not MM that's just balance atm.

16 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 16 guests, 0 anonymous users