I will make this prediction also.

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

Guardian00 #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:22

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

My prediction that a server would close due to player numbers going down was on the money, came sooner then my 6 months I gave it.

Here is my next one programmers/developers, if you don't incorporate skilled base MM, your one server won't last either as all your money making people again will quit more and more and bang, no more NA server the cost of upkeep won't justify it keeping it open.

You could do a skilled base MM easier now, make it 2000 up and 1500 down, plenty of players in that type of bracket and wait times would be minimal at best.  This would allow those of us to still compete against higher skilled folks but not be over matched completely.  I learn nothing as thousands of others don't either, as me a (4300 PR) player playing a 8/9/10K player who kills me almost immediately due to perks/crews and whatever else.

Heed my warning guys if you value your jobs, you'll get this done because if they close the last NA server due to lack of player base (especially the ones that make the purchases the most), guess what, they sure as hell won't move you to another portion of the company overseas or at least not the majority.  With the closing of a server, I'm sure there are already jobs going away, heed the warning sign that has been posted by this merging or be ignorant and keep the course to unemployment.

I put this here because supposedly the programmers/developers or whomever read these forums or at least that's what were being led to believe by Customer Service.

_GeorgePreddy #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:37

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles
SBMM is the quickest possible way to kill the game, and WG knows that.

eisen1973 #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:46

Major

• Players
  • 46109 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_
So you think you will learn something from guys with your same skill?

Guardian00 #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:49

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View Posteisen1973, on Aug 12 2017 - 05:46, said:

So you think you will learn something from guys with your same skill?

You obviously didn't read 2000K up and 1500 down, I will learn more then being killed in the first 2 mins of the game from a 8/9/10PR player.  Yes I do think I will.

\

Guardian00 #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Aug 12 2017 - 05:37, said:

SBMM is the quickest possible way to kill the game, and WG knows that.

Do they, did you happen to notice it's server merger time due to loss of players.  What it's not dying out now and if the same chit takes place on just one server, you watch those numbers continue to drop.  Only high PR folks say what you just said because they would have to quit seal clubbing. 

eisen1973 #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:55

Major

• Players
  • 46109 battles
  • [_B-Z_] _B-Z_

View PostSpirit_00, on Aug 11 2017 - 23:49, said:

You obviously didn't read 2000K up and 1500 down, I will learn more then being killed in the first 2 mins of the game from a 8/9/10PR player.  Yes I do think I will.

\

You learn from playing with better people not worse. Besides, if you haven't improved in 40 k battles it's very unlikely MM is the cause for that. 

9Gag_Warrior #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 05:57

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11828 battles
  • [SCRAM] SCRAM
Skill Based MM is a really bad idea. The fact that people are still asking for it is sad. And the fact that you're not learning from better players just shows that you've reached your cap, I was getting killed a lot, so I used trial and error. If something didn't work, i didn't do it again. Don't try and learn from others. Teach yourself. 

Nixeldon #8 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 07:19

Captain

• Players
  • 52298 battles
  • [CLAWS] CLAWS

View PostSpirit_00, on Aug 11 2017 - 23:54, said:

Do they, did you happen to notice it's server merger time due to loss of players.  What it's not dying out now and if the same chit takes place on just one server, you watch those numbers continue to drop.  Only high PR folks say what you just said because they would have to quit seal clubbing. 

What would SBMM accomplish?

SgtRock52 #9 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 08:42

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 15129 battles
  • [BTB] BTB
I have been on vacation..so please excuse my lack of info, but what server closed down?

Guardian00 #10 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 15:33

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View PostNixeldon, on Aug 12 2017 - 07:19, said:

What would SBMM accomplish?

For one thing it would quit this one sided wipe outs from happening when one team is stacked with higher skilled players and your side is not = wipe out 5 minutes or less usually.  As this morning 5 battles so far and bang, that side stacked with higher skilled players 6K and above except for 2/3 players our side 4600 and below except for a couple of 5Ks who were overrun when all the lesser skilled players were wiped out.  It would make for better battles then that, I and most lower skilled players don't learn a damn thing from being wiped out by an 8K player with 2 other 8K players other then why try.  Thus thus the depletion of players leaving the game, the merger of a server due to it and if it continues with this manipulation of sides/stacking on one server guess what?  It doesn't take a genius to figure out the player base will continue to drop and drop until it's not economically feasible to keep that server open either just like what is happening now.

landedkiller #11 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 17:59

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7567 battles

View PostSgtRock52, on Aug 12 2017 - 01:42, said:

I have been on vacation..so please excuse my lack of info, but what server closed down?

wargaming is moving to one central server for this region very little information has been given out on it

Tahllol #12 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:09

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7292 battles

View Post9Gag_Warrior, on Aug 12 2017 - 05:57, said:

Skill Based MM is a really bad idea. The fact that people are still asking for it is sad. And the fact that you're not learning from better players just shows that you've reached your cap, I was getting killed a lot, so I used trial and error. If something didn't work, i didn't do it again. Don't try and learn from others. Teach yourself. 

Funny the ones against it are always the unicums because they would have to face people at that skill level more often and their stats would go down because they don't get to seal club anymore.

Skill based MM should be somewhat like the old weighted MM system for tank weights just using say Win8 that way you would likely not see all the constant blowouts.

Nunya_000 #13 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 20:37

Major

• Players
  • 20635 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View PostTahllol, on Aug 12 2017 - 09:09, said:

Funny the ones against it are always the unicums because they would have to face people at that skill level more often and their stats would go down because they don't get to seal club anymore.

Skill based MM should be somewhat like the old weighted MM system for tank weights just using say Win8 that way you would likely not see all the constant blowouts.

I'm against it and I am far from being a unicum.

dunniteowl #14 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:12

Major

• -Players-
  • 17787 battles

View PostTahllol, on Aug 12 2017 - 18:09, said:

I, too am against it and see it as more of a sort of crutching system for those at their peak that don't realize they are, in fact, at their peak.  You cannot get better by always playing people of your own caliber and only them.  In a system like this, it would, ultimately, in fact, place everyone at a sort of 50/50 condition over time.  That said, the nature of a rollstomp loss or win is not the skill differences alone.  There are the ultimately uncontrollable variables called people in a virtual environment that lets them go to wherever they please doing exactly that; going wherever they please.  This often means the wrong unit is meeting the main element of the opposing force.  Bam!  A tank went around a corner that normally has only one or two enemy units nearby and they walk right into the other team's Lemming train.

A Lemming train, the unstoppable force if kept moving, STOPS.  Now more than half the team is bogged down in ONE SPOT and they end up surrounded and decimated.  No amount of skill based MM is going to keep stuff like that from happening.  A good player is having a bad day.  Maybe he's tired and pissed off, a bit drunk and he's imagining his boss as he drives YOLO unafraid against the entire enemy team.  Lag spike, packet loss, rubber banding, someone else being smarter than you on the map, someone else got a clean RNG positive shot in your ammo rack and you go boom.

Those are the things of sudden rollstomp losses, not the skill difference.  It adds up.  You lose a tank and have someone else on your team accidentally TK another unit and you're down two units immediately and disadvantaged.  Skill based MM isn't going to keep that from happening.

And, when it gets right down to it, if you want Skill Based Match Making, join ranked battles or enter some team and league play.  There you will have a chance to play against others as skilled as you if you are up to the task.  Until then, I prefer the "sandlot" of Public Matches be as unruly, varied and crazy as it currently is, thank you very much.  It's why I play -- the continuous variety of potential that each match provides.

GL, HF & HSYBF

Guardian00 #15 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 19:15

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View Posteisen1973, on Aug 12 2017 - 05:55, said:

You learn from playing with better people not worse. Besides, if you haven't improved in 40 k battles it's very unlikely MM is the cause for that. 

You think so, 40,000K battles doesn't prove anything other then what I said skilled base MM is the only thing that will save this game you can rag on my battles, be salty all you want, I already called the Server problem and my prediction for it continuing down hill will come true also.

Guardian00 #16 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 19:17

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 41387 battles
  • [FOAD] FOAD

View Postdunniteowl, on Aug 12 2017 - 21:12, said:

I, too am against it and see it as more of a sort of crutching system for those at their peak that don't realize they are, in fact, at their peak.  You cannot get better by always playing people of your own caliber and only them.  In a system like this, it would, ultimately, in fact, place everyone at a sort of 50/50 condition over time.  That said, the nature of a rollstomp loss or win is not the skill differences alone.  There are the ultimately uncontrollable variables called people in a virtual environment that lets them go to wherever they please doing exactly that; going wherever they please.  This often means the wrong unit is meeting the main element of the opposing force.  Bam!  A tank went around a corner that normally has only one or two enemy units nearby and they walk right into the other team's Lemming train.

A Lemming train, the unstoppable force if kept moving, STOPS.  Now more than half the team is bogged down in ONE SPOT and they end up surrounded and decimated.  No amount of skill based MM is going to keep stuff like that from happening.  A good player is having a bad day.  Maybe he's tired and pissed off, a bit drunk and he's imagining his boss as he drives YOLO unafraid against the entire enemy team.  Lag spike, packet loss, rubber banding, someone else being smarter than you on the map, someone else got a clean RNG positive shot in your ammo rack and you go boom.

Those are the things of sudden rollstomp losses, not the skill difference.  It adds up.  You lose a tank and have someone else on your team accidentally TK another unit and you're down two units immediately and disadvantaged.  Skill based MM isn't going to keep that from happening.

And, when it gets right down to it, if you want Skill Based Match Making, join ranked battles or enter some team and league play.  There you will have a chance to play against others as skilled as you if you are up to the task.  Until then, I prefer the "sandlot" of Public Matches be as unruly, varied and crazy as it currently is, thank you very much.  It's why I play -- the continuous variety of potential that each match provides.

GL, HF & HSYBF

As one responder on here said unicoms or higher PR folks don't want a skilled base MM as it would ruin the chit out of them having to face their own skills/stats and we can't have that.  He called it right and it's true of this forum, why do 99% of the players not come to this forum, because it's frowned upon by the higher skilled folks and unicoms for anyone to have a voice dissenting from their own, but that's why I come here it's fun to watch all of you who would rather see this game go into the bucket, then lose your precious stats lol.  I get a kick out of it.

Sgt__Guffy #17 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 19:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1402 battles

_Tsavo #18 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 20:03

Major

• Players
  • 36859 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

EW! SBMM

diego999 #19 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 21:19

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 28833 battles
  • [ACA] ACA

View PostTahllol, on Aug 12 2017 - 14:09, said:

What do you call "seal club"? OP has 40.000 battles and he sucks. If I farm him because he does something stupid, I'm "sealclubbing"? even when he played 10,000 battles more than me? Come on.

8bit_Gamer #20 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 22:05

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13787 battles
Why is it that the WoT community is so against a SBMM? I have played primarily competitive online games for a decade and always saw this as a good thing. I never enjoyed playing against substantially less or more skilled players than myself. Although I particularly dislike the former.

What am I missing? Is it simply due to long queue time because of server population here on NA?

No need to freak out, I am asking in order to educate myself not to be fecisous.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users