How long would it take to grind to the Foch 155?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

JakeTheMystic #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:01

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17141 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

I really wouldn't want to miss out on yet another reward tank... 

Without putting any gold into free xp other than getting a tank out of stock status, how long would you estimate it would take if I had premium account, plenty of reserves, moderately good stats and plenty of time on my hands? I could go around 10 hours a day of straight grinding, though it would be boring. Is there any way I can get it by the end of the month? I currently have the tier 6, fully upgraded. 

HowitzerBlitzer #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:03

Major

• Players
  • 13328 battles

It took my friend 5 days to power grind from the Foch to Foch 155 with premium, should be a useful scale.

The tier 6 is pretty bad, so good luck with getting past that thing.

Dirizon #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:11

Major

• Players
  • 25863 battles
  • [_-W-_] _-W-_

l liked the tier V,  Vl,  and Vll the most. 

The Tier V and Tier lX are probably the most useful though.

_Gungrave_ #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:12

Major

• Players
  • 35193 battles

Depends:

1) What tier tank do you have in the line?

2) Are you willing to shoot some gold rounds?

3) Are you comfortable with giving arty players a boner when you're spotted?

JakeTheMystic #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:20

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17141 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 12 2017 - 01:12, said:

Depends:

I already stated that I was on the tier 6...

I shoot at least half gold rounds because I always enjoy "earning my stats".

Arty cant shoot whats not spotted ;)

Scorpiany #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:23

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 29493 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

I can do about 20,000 XP an hour with 200% XP reserves. From the Tier 6 to Tier 10, it's about 600,000 XP. If you can play as well as I can, with enough 200% reserves, you can get the tank in 30 hours. At 10 hours a day, that's 3 days. Credit grinding, of course is the concern. I'm not so great at grinding Credits, and may only make 750,000 an hour with 50% boosters. That would be an additional 10-20 hours, depending on what you're willing to sell (or not), to grind the tank.

As for how the tanks are - The ARL V39 is much, much better than people give it Credit for. I recommend using the 105mm gun, and running 100 Octane Gas (The non-Premium version). It becomes a very effective close-range brawler. The gun handling is much better than people expect, and the tank is much more effective at poking and pulling back than people may expect. It has minimal crew or module damage, which is a bonus.

The AMX AC 46 is a very decent tank. The 90mm is the way to go; it's better than the 90mm's that Tier 8 medium tanks get, and you're a Tier 7 tank. It has the same mobility as the ARL V39. You do not need the tracks to mount anything, but the tracks improve gun handling and terrain resistances, so I'd still get them.

The Tier 8 AMX AC 48 finally has some solid armor. 90mm with a few APCR rounds will get you through the stock grind pretty easily, and you can begin brawling with not-so-great opponents and take hits; instead of just peak-a-booming. You are forced to research the 120mm whether you want to or not, so I'd mount it if you feel like you need an upgrade over the 90mm. Tracks are not necessary either, but just as with the Tier 7, they improve gun handling and terrain resistances, so still get them.

The Tier 9 Foch doesn't have the reliability of the 90mm's because of the longer aiming time, but it's a punchy gun with very solid DPM. Brawl, snipe, peek-a-boom; whatever works for the situation. No guns to grind, tracks are not necessary, but still improve gun handling & terrain resistances. Just get the engine, and power grind that 300k to the Foch 155.

Edit: If you'd like to Platoon, I'll do so - There's a small XP bonus for Platooning, so that may help both of us get there. I'm only at the AMX AC 46 right now.

Edited by Scorpiany, Aug 12 2017 - 10:35.

Omega_Weapon #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:24

Captain

• Players
  • 39747 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
I'll have it in a couple of days. Started from the tier 3 and got to the tier 9 in 2 weeks. That's using personal reserves and premium time, but only playing 2 to 4 hours per day.

_Gungrave_ #8 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 10:27

Major

• Players
  • 35193 battles

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Aug 12 2017 - 10:20, said:

I already stated that I was on the tier 6...

I shoot at least half gold rounds because I always enjoy "earning my stats".

Arty cant shoot whats not spotted ;)

I'll be blunt, I'm not that confident on whether you can unlock and buy the foch in 2 to 3 weeks because its a fairly rough line to grind out. I honestly think the patch is likely to hit in 2 weeks so you would have to no live your way into getting it using all your best boosters and prem weekends.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Aug 12 2017 - 10:33.

T95E2WillBeMine #9 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:25

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1295 battles
i went from an su85 to an obj.704 during an on track event on my other account and that was playing maybe 4-5 hours a day on a premium account with 100% or 200% xp boosters on, so id say it'll take around 3 ish weeks to get to the foch 155 if you play above average

Mercer_Keel #10 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:29

Major

• Players
  • 35999 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

To be honest its not the easiest line to grind. Most TD players are very passive and with this line not having high alpha or great aim time you have to force it a lot. They are not brawling td's because everyone knows the weakness on them and they will chew you up.  

Power to you if you want to try but I would say don't burn yourself out for a reward TD thats not going to be that great. 

johnmadara #11 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:31

Major

• Players
  • 30883 battles
  • [YOUJO] YOUJO
clan xp reserves are extremely helpful when grinding

Avalon304 #12 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:40

Major

• Players
  • 15743 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostScorpiany, on Aug 12 2017 - 02:23, said:

I can do about 20,000 XP an hour with 200% XP reserves. From the Tier 6 to Tier 10, it's about 600,000 XP. If you can play as well as I can, with enough 200% reserves, you can get the tank in 30 hours. At 10 hours a day, that's 3 days. Credit grinding, of course is the concern. I'm not so great at grinding Credits, and may only make 750,000 an hour with 50% boosters. That would be an additional 10-20 hours, depending on what you're willing to sell (or not), to grind the tank.

As for how the tanks are - The ARL V39 is much, much better than people give it Credit for. I recommend using the 105mm gun, and running 100 Octane Gas (The non-Premium version). It becomes a very effective close-range brawler. The gun handling is much better than people expect, and the tank is much more effective at poking and pulling back than people may expect. It has minimal crew or module damage, which is a bonus.

The AMX AC 46 is a very decent tank. The 90mm is the way to go; it's better than the 90mm's that Tier 8 medium tanks get, and you're a Tier 7 tank. It has the same mobility as the ARL V39. You do not need the tracks to mount anything, but the tracks improve gun handling and terrain resistances, so I'd still get them.

The Tier 8 AMX AC 48 finally has some solid armor. 90mm with a few APCR rounds will get you through the stock grind pretty easily, and you can begin brawling with not-so-great opponents and take hits; instead of just peak-a-booming. You are forced to research the 120mm whether you want to or not, so I'd mount it if you feel like you need an upgrade over the 90mm. Tracks are not necessary either, but just as with the Tier 7, they improve gun handling and terrain resistances, so still get them.

The Tier 9 Foch doesn't have the reliability of the 90mm's because of the longer aiming time, but it's a punchy gun with very solid DPM. Brawl, snipe, peek-a-boom; whatever works for the situation. No guns to grind, tracks are not necessary, but still improve gun handling & terrain resistances. Just get the engine, and power grind that 300k to the Foch 155.

Edit: If you'd like to Platoon, I'll do so - There's a small XP bonus for Platooning, so that may help both of us get there. I'm only at the AMX AC 46 right now.

The grind from the Tier 6 (fully upgraded but with the AC 46 still unresearched) is ~700,000 XP. (Something like ~692,000 I think). I know this because Im considering the free xp option and Ive added it up a couple of times. 

mlinke #13 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:42

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44937 battles
I eas on mle when this was announced. Free xp to foch  cause I neded 40k. Grinded foch totaly stocj cause it has only onr gun and that is important. Had no premium time till last friday 3day premium for chat bs. Used a lot of boosters since I have over100 in stash. Got foch last Sunday. So it took me about a week. Played few hours a day. So... you can do it till end of month. Buy some premium. Weekends you get 3days free. Try to play your best and use free xp and exp boosters. I even used crew boosters and grinded 3skills while doing it. So my oppinion is that it is possible. Just think when you play. Do not run out and die like I did half of the time. It is paper td on most tiers.

mlinke #14 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:49

Sergeant

• Players
  • 44937 battles
Btw. Cause I had no premium most of time I lost about a milion in credits cause my death rate was 90percent. I wanted as much xp as I could get and I went out to brawl every time I could not get shots from a bush. And tier 9 shells are crazy expensive for that line. I got 51percent wr on foch which is not so bad considering the recless play for xp.

_T_H_U_N_D_E_R_ #15 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 11:56

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 24185 battles
  • [-UV-] -UV-
i grinded from tier 5 to tier 8 (fully upgraded) in 2 days.

Dader_The_Invader #16 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 12:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 27524 battles
  • [-CDN-] -CDN-
I did tier 5 to 10 in 9 days.  

RushingJaws #17 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 12:33

Captain

• Players
  • 12055 battles
  • [NICO] NICO

View PostScorpiany, on Aug 12 2017 - 04:23, said:

Have to disagree with the idea that you want to be close range brawling with the ARL V39 or use the 105mm, though it's conditional* on a few things.

1. The V39 turns *really* poorly. 2nd worse in class in traverse and coupled with a narrow gun traverse -7 on either side, you will be struggling to keep a tank in sight long enough to guarantee a reliable shot. The 105 compounds that problem with base accuracy of .39, which isn't anything spectacular. Finally, the reload on the 105 (and the 90mm as well) means you will suffer far more damage than dish out on average (at the most optimistic), a net loss for a TD.

2. The tracks on the V39 are large and easy to damage, with AP or HE. Anyone with any sense can and should get away with perma tracking and then side scraping. The V39, as mentioned in #1, has a narrow gun traverse that limits retaliation up close effectively if tracked. It's always extremely dangerous to poke for a shot in this tank.

3. In my experience driving the V39, I've lost my driver a number of times, which compounds the issues of it's traverse mobility.

4. The top 90mm is the superior gun due to it's increase in accuracy, penetration, and shell velocity. It doesn't hit as hard, coming in as 240 damage rather than the 300 the 105 gets, but far more flexible in most situations.

*Now as to why I said conditional, I imagine a great number of players trying to race down the French TD line do not have a good french TD crew to put into the tank and desire/experience in using octane consumables. I'm using a french female crew I've grinded to their third skills and I've found hanging back and sniping with the 90mm far more effective, especially with how the current MM treats tier 6 tanks. It's not the worst tier 6 TD in the game (*cough* AT 8 *cough*) but it's not grand. The 90mm is the only thing that shines about it.

_Gungrave_ #18 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 12:58

Major

• Players
  • 35193 battles

View PostRushingJaws, on Aug 12 2017 - 12:33, said:

Have to disagree with the idea that you want to be close range brawling with the ARL V39 or use the 105mm, though it's conditional* on a few things.

1. The V39 turns *really* poorly. 2nd worse in class in traverse and coupled with a narrow gun traverse -7 on either side, you will be struggling to keep a tank in sight long enough to guarantee a reliable shot. The 105 compounds that problem with base accuracy of .39, which isn't anything spectacular. Finally, the reload on the 105 (and the 90mm as well) means you will suffer far more damage than dish out on average (at the most optimistic), a net loss for a TD.

2. The tracks on the V39 are large and easy to damage, with AP or HE. Anyone with any sense can and should get away with perma tracking and then side scraping. The V39, as mentioned in #1, has a narrow gun traverse that limits retaliation up close effectively if tracked. It's always extremely dangerous to poke for a shot in this tank.

3. In my experience driving the V39, I've lost my driver a number of times, which compounds the issues of it's traverse mobility.

4. The top 90mm is the superior gun due to it's increase in accuracy, penetration, and shell velocity. It doesn't hit as hard, coming in as 240 damage rather than the 300 the 105 gets, but far more flexible in most situations.

*Now as to why I said conditional, I imagine a great number of players trying to race down the French TD line do not have a good french TD crew to put into the tank and desire/experience in using octane consumables. I'm using a french female crew I've grinded to their third skills and I've found hanging back and sniping with the 90mm far more effective, especially with how the current MM treats tier 6 tanks. It's not the worst tier 6 TD in the game (*cough* AT 8 *cough*) but it's not grand. The 90mm is the only thing that shines about it.

You mention skilled crew yeah thats a must in Foch line tanks but only if they have around 3 skills because that line is brutal without a good crew.

Edited by _Gungrave_, Aug 12 2017 - 13:06.

Ironmike11B #19 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 13:51

Captain

• Players
  • 26133 battles
  • [BOND] BOND
I ground out the Foch in 6 days playing 3 hours a day. Used 300% XP and 300% free XP boosters the entire time.

9999bc #20 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 14:35

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 29246 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 12 2017 - 10:12, said:

Depends:

Penetration is generally not a problem with French TD, they have enough pen for its tier EXCEPT fighting against tier 10 Heavy or TD. You don't need gold ammo if you use the top gun. However, your hit rate is abysmal at times. Snap shot is a rare rare thing. Second gun can help a bit, but it gives you trouble against premium tier 8.

Arty is deadly to French TD for sure, but it is not the most frustrating thing. What is then you ask? Anything that can hit your superficial tumors ( that's every tank you'll meet)! Nothing is more frustrating than being pew pew to death by quick firing guns that peek over a slope and hit you repeatedly on your tumors. It's very hard to counter with French TD due to bloom of death.

You're better off stay high above ( < tier 7), or paly close support (tier 7 +). That way you'll be frustrated less.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users