How long would it take to grind to the Foch 155?

• Please log in to reply
53 replies to this topic

JakeTheMystic #41 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:06

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 18366 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 12 2017 - 01:27, said:

I'll be blunt, I'm not that confident on whether you can unlock and buy the foch in 2 to 3 weeks because its a fairly rough line to grind out. I honestly think the patch is likely to hit in 2 weeks so you would have to no live your way into getting it using all your best boosters and prem weekends.

According to the calculations I have gathered; If I were to grind on average 2k experience per game while running reserves and premium account, I have roughly 500k xp left to grind, it would take 250 battles, at a rate of 7-8 battles and hour it would take around 31 and a half hours to even get close. I would free xp the tracks and guns if I have to, it would mostly just be grinding towards the next tank. At 10 hours a day, which I would spend 8 hours grinding xp and 2 hours for credits, I was thinking I could easily get it in 5-6 days no sweat. 

Bubba187 #42 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:09

Captain

• Players
  • 40536 battles
  • [DHO-X] DHO-X

View PostJakeTheMystic, on Aug 12 2017 - 12:06, said:

According to the calculations I have gathered; If I were to grind on average 2k experience per game while running reserves and premium account, I have roughly 500k xp left to grind, it would take 250 battles, at a rate of 7-8 battles and hour it would take around 31 and a half hours to even get close. I would free xp the tracks and guns if I have to, it would mostly just be grinding towards the next tank. At 10 hours a day, which I would spend 8 hours grinding xp and 2 hours for credits, I was thinking I could easily get it in 5-6 days no sweat.

Keep in mind that while you can play 7-8 battles an hour, you may not get quite that many while trying to play the same tank over and over.  Inevitably, you will die in battle occasionally and have to wait for it to come out of battle before playing it again.

lordpelvis #43 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:48

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 35894 battles

Using free xp, pr's and grinding, I ground out 100,000 xp last night and got my foch 155..........

Now Im off to grind out the british heavy line, cause Ill get a free tier 10 there to now.

_Gungrave_ #44 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:58

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View Post9999bc, on Aug 12 2017 - 14:35, said:

Penetration is generally not a problem with French TD, they have enough pen for its tier EXCEPT fighting against tier 10 Heavy or TD. You don't need gold ammo if you use the top gun. However, your hit rate is abysmal at times. Snap shot is a rare rare thing. Second gun can help a bit, but it gives you trouble against premium tier 8.

Arty is deadly to French TD for sure, but it is not the most frustrating thing. What is then you ask? Anything that can hit your superficial tumors ( that's every tank you'll meet)! Nothing is more frustrating than being pew pew to death by quick firing guns that peek over a slope and hit you repeatedly on your tumors. It's very hard to counter with French TD due to bloom of death.

You're better off stay high above ( < tier 7), or paly close support (tier 7 +). That way you'll be frustrated less.

FYI I finished the line ages ago so you can skip telling me all that stuff. As for the pen I still say carrying some gold rounds is recommended because 257ish pen on the tier 8 and 9 is good but not the most reliable when you run into tanks with troll armor.

Firemoth #45 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 08:24

Major

• Players
  • 35545 battles

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 12 2017 - 19:27, said:

I'll be blunt, I'm not that confident on whether you can unlock and buy the foch in 2 to 3 weeks because its a fairly rough line to grind out. I honestly think the patch is likely to hit in 2 weeks so you would have to no live your way into getting it using all your best boosters and prem weekends.

i honestly dont think its going to be dropping in 2-3 weeks. reasons being

1) this is a large content patch, with lots of changes. changes need testing. they are still releasing info on tank changes (brit heavies) just a few days ago. this doesnt seem like its going to be public beta for at least a month.

2) still no details on the entire chinese TD branch other than their modules.

3) makes sense for such a large content patch to be dropped during Xmas, when more people can play the game.

Avalon304 #46 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 09:04

Major

• Players
  • 16842 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View PostFiremoth, on Aug 13 2017 - 00:24, said:

1) this is a large content patch, with lots of changes. changes need testing. they are still releasing info on tank changes (brit heavies) just a few days ago. this doesnt seem like its going to be public beta for at least a month.

3) makes sense for such a large content patch to be dropped during Xmas, when more people can play the game.

1. Most of those changes for British and Chinese mediums, the British TDs and heavies are still in super test, they didnt make this patch at all. They'll likely be in the patch after 9.20 (or in the case of most of the British changes hopefully not at all because they are all poorly thought out and terrible).

2. What more details do you need on them? There was this in depth article on them https://worldoftanks...ank-destroyers/ in addition to the module preview in the original 9.20 preview post.

3. No. 9.20 is not going to stay in test until December. Thats not how WG has ever worked when its come to patches. If it makes it to common test, its coming shortly thereafter.

Edited by Avalon304, Aug 13 2017 - 11:56.

Scorpiany #47 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 10:30

Major

• Community Contributor
  • 30235 battles
  • [N1NJA] N1NJA

View PostRushingJaws, on Aug 12 2017 - 04:33, said:

Have to disagree with the idea that you want to be close range brawling with the ARL V39 or use the 105mm, though it's conditional* on a few things.

1. The V39 turns *really* poorly. 2nd worse in class in traverse and coupled with a narrow gun traverse -7 on either side, you will be struggling to keep a tank in sight long enough to guarantee a reliable shot. The 105 compounds that problem with base accuracy of .39, which isn't anything spectacular. Finally, the reload on the 105 (and the 90mm as well) means you will suffer far more damage than dish out on average (at the most optimistic), a net loss for a TD.

2. The tracks on the V39 are large and easy to damage, with AP or HE. Anyone with any sense can and should get away with perma tracking and then side scraping. The V39, as mentioned in #1, has a narrow gun traverse that limits retaliation up close effectively if tracked. It's always extremely dangerous to poke for a shot in this tank.

3. In my experience driving the V39, I've lost my driver a number of times, which compounds the issues of it's traverse mobility.

4. The top 90mm is the superior gun due to it's increase in accuracy, penetration, and shell velocity. It doesn't hit as hard, coming in as 240 damage rather than the 300 the 105 gets, but far more flexible in most situations.

*Now as to why I said conditional, I imagine a great number of players trying to race down the French TD line do not have a good french TD crew to put into the tank and desire/experience in using octane consumables. I'm using a french female crew I've grinded to their third skills and I've found hanging back and sniping with the 90mm far more effective, especially with how the current MM treats tier 6 tanks. It's not the worst tier 6 TD in the game (*cough* AT 8 *cough*) but it's not grand. The 90mm is the only thing that shines about it.

I had initially thought the same thing would be the case. When I first got the tank, I was convinced that the accuracy / penetration / shell velocity of the 90mm would be superior.

However, in practice, I found that the 90mm allowed the tank to become a very easy target for tanks. The reload was long for very little alpha damage, and you couldn't scare away any opponents. Nobody would think twice about poking you to shoot you. The tank didn't have an appropriate sniping role because of map limitations for this kind of tank.

The 105mm on the other hand, would always make people think twice. Practically the same reload as the 90mm, but anywhere from 60 to 90 more alpha damage. The gun handling was still very decent, and the gun still aimed fairly quickly and behaved itself in an accurate manner. You could begin poking tanks between their reloads, and you became a threat to enemy targets.

I decided to keep the 105mm, and I'm glad I did. The tank took a life of it's own with the 105mm, and became very worthwhile playing.

When it comes to the Tier 7 AMX AC 46 and the Tier 8 AMX AC 48 however, the 90mm is a better option. With far more armored profiles at higher Tiers, with fewer weak areas to hit, the accuracy and aiming time became very important. With very solid DPM values, except with the gun reliability to put the DPM to work, the Tier 7 and Tier 8 could once again fit that aggressive playstyle; using brute force to overpower your opponents. (The 120mm on the AMX AC 48 is definitely a decent choice regardless though.)

Dirizon #48 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:26

Major

• Players
  • 26145 battles

ARLV there is no question.  TR13  1O.5cm.  APCR rounds only, a generous damage benefit. Abuse the gun when you are given the option to abuse.  This makes ARLV very dangerous.

Maybe if ARLV got the 9cm F3 gun on the tank line, it would have had more DPM like M36 or T25/2, but it doesn't. You only need to unlock the DCA45 9cm for AM  AC46, no need to run it.

AM AC46 runs the DCA 9cm nicely. lt cuts the gun pivot dispersion quite alot, increases DPM, without losses really in accuracy. Cheaper ammo and pen still very high. 

AM AC48, although it can grindup to elite with the 9cm,  l wouldn't play out the tank with it. You need the 12cm. -Maybe- if the SA47 1Ocm, which is unlocked from the Tier 7 could be up-stat on the Tier 8,  had the SU1O1 bonus' of aim-time, DPM using the T54 D 1Ocm gun instead of the M62 12.2cm,  but it doesn't because WG likes to squat and manure on things French.  lt is absolutely retarded, in that AM AC46 gets benefits running the DCA45 9cm, the mid-tech gun, giving it better attributes and combat efficiency than the top gun at the trade of Pen/Alpha.  BUTTTT.......AM AC48 doesn't get the SA47 1Ocm benefits, that being the mid-tech gun. Ridiculous.

Omega_Weapon #49 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 16:46

Captain

• Players
  • 42153 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View Post4GOD, on Aug 12 2017 - 13:30, said:

Id like clairification is the FOCH155 to become a tank like the T28HTC for personal missions, or is this something else?

​The current tier 10 French TD is being replaced. If you have the Foch 155 when the new patch drops, it becomes a "special" tank (a premium?) and you get to keep it. You also automatically get the new regular tier 10 TD called the Foch B. After the patch the special Foch 155 will apparently be unobtainable for anyone who does not have it already. Unless they later offer it as a reward tank or something. New patch could come this week, or next week most likely.

_Gungrave_ #50 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 15:47

Major

• Players
  • 36647 battles
  • [JGRN] JGRN

View PostFiremoth, on Aug 13 2017 - 08:24, said:

Well the changes reallistically aren't necessarily too drastic aside from all the changes to the American and British mediums. Also the Foch B will likely be somewhat broken and WG knows that but they're overbuffing it to make money off of it.

As for your Chinese TD comment I'm not sure what you're talking about because they're in the patch 9.20 test server where you can play them and we are getting them when the patch hits.

Also after having it for unlocked for roughly 1 to 2 years I decided to buy the Foch 155 and I played 1 battle in it getting a win then I retired it lol...now to save up for the FV215b :facepalm:

Spoiler

Edited by _Gungrave_, Aug 14 2017 - 15:48.

otacon237 #51 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 21:37

Major

• Players
  • 23151 battles
Idk, I played it on CT and it wasn't that OP. typical wg "we hate French tanks" dispersion and irrelevant armor with way too many weak spots.

View Post_Gungrave_, on Aug 14 2017 - 14:47, said:

Well the changes reallistically aren't necessarily too drastic aside from all the changes to the American and British mediums. Also the Foch B will likely be somewhat broken and WG knows that but they're overbuffing it to make money off of it.

As for your Chinese TD comment I'm not sure what you're talking about because they're in the patch 9.20 test server where you can play them and we are getting them when the patch hits.

Also after having it for unlocked for roughly 1 to 2 years I decided to buy the Foch 155 and I played 1 battle in it getting a win then I retired it lol...now to save up for the FV215b :facepalm:

Spoiler

_cthulhu_ #52 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 00:26

Captain

• Players
  • 46336 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP
I am not sure why you would even want the 155, it is terrible.

Gothraul #53 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 00:42

Major

• -Players-
  • 1526 battles

View Post_cthulhu_, on Aug 15 2017 - 00:26, said:

Its a collectors turd and a quasi status symbol as much of the players base probably will never have it as well generating some regret of those who sold it ages ago. 

Avalon304 #54 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 00:43

Major

• Players
  • 16842 battles
  • [CMFRT] CMFRT

View Post_cthulhu_, on Aug 14 2017 - 16:26, said:

2 tier 10s for the price of 1 is a pretty good deal, even if one of them is terrible.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users