Complaint System

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

4TankersAndDog #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 15:24

Captain

• -Players-
  • 24746 battles
  • [122MM] 122MM

Does the in-game Complaint System actually DO anything??  Well...

ps, the answer is no.

[Previous episodes of TwS]

Mr. Robot

Automatic Aiming

Fun with Stun!

The 6th Sense

Snapshot & Smooth Ride

Crew Retraining

MM, Tiers and 'Toons

Purple vs. Gold

REPAIR

Win the Hill, Win the Game?

Spall Liners, Ctrl Impact, and Ramming

Camo (concealment)

Fuel, O.R., and Clutch Braking

Deadeye & Designated Target

GLD vs. Vents

GLD vs. VStab

Any suggestions for a future version of Tanking /w Science?  Please post them below or in the video comments, Good Hunting and Carry Hard my friends.

Edited by 4TankersAndDog, Aug 12 2017 - 15:26.

Rake #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 15:51

Major

• Players
  • 49163 battles
No, it's completely useless, yet once again WG is pushing that reporting system over submitting tickets with actual proof.

Sensei_101 #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 16:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 13559 battles

If you go to the Premium shop and it opens on the "Featured" page there is a banner that screams "Beware Of Scammers".

Everytime I see that I can't help wondering if WoT totally misses the irony. 

BTW: I really hate those Trojan crosswalk buttons but I do feel better being able to push it.

schwert_2015 #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 16:12

Captain

• -Players-
  • 27255 battles
In before thread removal! :teethhappy:

Ken_McGuire #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 16:21

Captain

• Players
  • 27091 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER
4tankers. Thanks again for the service you have done for the WoT community.

tod914 #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 17:55

Major

• Players
  • 51219 battles
  • [RDNKS] RDNKS
Interesting thread.  Certainly not surprised.  Maybe have it based over a number of games incidents, not the number of in game incidents.  Yet even with your constructive feedback on how to fix it, the toggles will still remain broken.  Great videos btw. 

Buttknuckle #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:16

Captain

• Players
  • 41005 battles
  • [GOONZ] GOONZ

Lets assume the complaint system is working as they say it does. Wouldn't it be possible that the person reviewing the complaints saw OP at the top of the list with ~100 complaints in 4 hours, reviewed a few games, saw chat logs requesting people report him but noticed no abuse of anything worth of complaint, then decided not to sanction him?  Honestly I think that is the way it is should work. Having someone with a brain decide if the complaints are actually worthy of sanction prevents abuse.

I'm not saying I think the in game reporting system works, because I don't think it does. I'm just saying that the test has flaws. Suggest playing 4 hours on the alt account and being a total [edited]. Don't ask for people to complain. Play in a way that makes people want to complain.

I'm not directly opposed to automating the system, but doing so makes it possible to abuse. I've seen plenty of people threaten in-game or on the forum to add some player to their TK on sight list or some crap like that. I can envision some immature clans asking all its members to report people whenever they see them. Or the community at large silently and independently deciding to report all arty players for unsportsmanlike like conduct. 

Rake #8 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 22:53

Major

• Players
  • 49163 battles
Just get rid of the rules, and nobody has anything to complain about since WG doesn't enforce them anyway.  Otherwise, do what you should have done 6 years ago and start enforcing them.  But every time they get someone who claims to want to start having the rules enforced, that person magically disappears in several months and becomes a Ghost.  Enforce the damn rules and people will learn they need to follow them.  As it is now, nobody believes anyone at WG has any integrity.

Also tagged with Complaint System

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users