No-show penalties

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

Roccandil #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

In my limited clan war experience, one of the biggest impediments to attacking land, once land is owned, is the penalty for a no-show on defense. That really hurts clans that can only field one team.

From where I'm sitting, one of the great things about just doing landing-zone tourneys is that you're only fighting battles you chip, and penalty management is much easier. As soon as you own land, though, you've got to worry about getting chipped last-minute, not being able to cover multiple battles, and taking penalties.

I get that penalties are needed for not showing up for battles -you- chipped, to discourage chip spam, but why are there penalties for not showing for battles -other- clans chipped on you? Am I missing something?

Bsan77 #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 18:55

Captain

• Players
  • 12878 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
It limits the amount of provinces clans can own. Unfortunately, to own decent land on the map, you need two teams, at least in the beginning.

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 19:09

Captain

• Players
  • 33884 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Good battle last night by the way. For clans like mine, we don't worry about taking land. We just want to battle and work on clan task. If we take land we have to pull off the map in 22 hours, so we can even do the landing tournaments. Plus with all you big clans it is not likely we will take land this season. But I thought that last season as well.

Bsan77 #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 19:19

Captain

• Players
  • 12878 battles
  • [OTTER] OTTER
You never know what might happen :D

Ironmike11B #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 20:12

Captain

• Players
  • 26819 battles
  • [BOND] BOND

Welcome to Clan Wars man. There are several things frustrating about it. The things you listed are pretty normal stuff.

Many clans can only field 1 team (especially those moving up from tier 6), and it does limit how much land you can hold. Your only option is to recruit more active players with multiple tier 10s. Tank locking is back so plan on needing backup tanks.

Chipping last minute is just a strategic move. If I know you can only field 1 team and you're already fighting a battle, I may chip your other piece(s) of land last second. It throws you off balance and increases my chance of taking it from you.

roten1 #6 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 22:30

Sergeant

• Players
  • 30097 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D
the other option is make lots of clan friends and have them chip ur landing zones to offset ur battles and give you time to get into the battle and if ur friends clan wins you do a cap out where you you get ur land back. oh and don't let anyone tell they don't do that cause they would be lying out their teeth

Roccandil #7 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 05:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View PostBsan77, on Aug 12 2017 - 12:55, said:

It limits the amount of provinces clans can own. Unfortunately, to own decent land on the map, you need two teams, at least in the beginning.

Is that limitation a good thing in practice? The top clans already take over most of the map, so it doesn't seem to be holding them back. Rather, it just makes it harder on clans that can only field one team.

Wouldn't it be better to remove that discouragement for attacking? Seems like the map would get more exciting if we didn't have to worry about leaving teams free to cover unexpected defenses, and could instead allocate all teams to attacking.

Now that would still be a gamble; you've committed to the attacks, else penalties, which means a surprise attack on you would still be costly. Either you lose a territory outright, or you take a penalty in order to show up to defend (instead of showing up for an already-scheduled attack).

The defensive no-show penalty just seems like a double-whammy for no good reason. Lose a territory -and- take a penalty?

mojave #8 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 13:29

Sergeant

• Players
  • 22255 battles
  • [RELIC] RELIC

View PostRoccandil, on Aug 15 2017 - 04:26, said:

Is that limitation a good thing in practice? The top clans already take over most of the map, so it doesn't seem to be holding them back. Rather, it just makes it harder on clans that can only field one team.

Wouldn't it be better to remove that discouragement for attacking? Seems like the map would get more exciting if we didn't have to worry about leaving teams free to cover unexpected defenses, and could instead allocate all teams to attacking.

Now that would still be a gamble; you've committed to the attacks, else penalties, which means a surprise attack on you would still be costly. Either you lose a territory outright, or you take a penalty in order to show up to defend (instead of showing up for an already-scheduled attack).

The defensive no-show penalty just seems like a double-whammy for no good reason. Lose a territory -and- take a penalty?

The no show policy also prevents a clan spamming battles with the intention of only showing up to one or two.

Roccandil #9 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:34

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5319 battles
  • [CARTL] CARTL

View Postmojave, on Aug 15 2017 - 07:29, said:

The no show policy also prevents a clan spamming battles with the intention of only showing up to one or two.

Right. I'm referring to a -defensive- no-show penalty when someone else chips you.

iWrangleEmus #10 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:52

Sergeant

• Players
  • 33112 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

You can always move your division so you don't have to worry about attackers

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users