Crew Crew Skills Switching

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

WinningWithWarchild #1 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:20

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7026 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

I'm understanding Crews and Crew Skills more and more, but there are certain strategies that I'm still lacking.  My main questions revolve around what makes sense as far as switching out crews is concerned.  My main goal is to have a few crews for each Nation that can be switched between the different types of tanks.  Right now, I have:

Hetzer, T-25 & PzB2

Since they all came with 50% crew, but my Hetzer crew is at 98%, I'd like to use them (the T-25 needs 1 extra crew though) in my PzB2 and move them back and forth.  Does that make sense?  If so, is it doable?

Thanks for your time.

PS - Same Question for my new T-14.  I'd like to use my fully trained Chrysler crew, can I move them over?

Edited by WinningWithWarchild, Aug 12 2017 - 21:21.

PrivateStash #2 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:25

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 21205 battles
  • [SSGS] SSGS
The goal should be to have a crew for each tank you plan to keep, not nation. and not to have specific crews for your premium tanks, just use crews from compatible tanks of the same nation without retraining them to the premium tank, since they will have no performance penalty and will aquire more training.  (example: if you have an amarican heavy t14 premium, you can take the crew from the T1 heavie, without retraining them to the t14 and use them in both without penalty and get them more exp) but you dont want to switch crews between normal tanks as they suffer a penalty without retraining them.

rich73 #3 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:44

Major

• Players
  • 44338 battles
You can only move crews to premium tanks of the same class and nation without penalty.Doing otherwise doesnt make sense.

WinningWithWarchild #4 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 21:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7026 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT
Thank you both!

Ken_McGuire #5 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:00

Captain

• Players
  • 27088 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Aug 12 2017 - 15:20, said:

I'm understanding Crews and Crew Skills more and more, but there are certain strategies that I'm still lacking.  My main questions revolve around what makes sense as far as switching out crews is concerned.  My main goal is to have a few crews for each Nation that can be switched between the different types of tanks.  Right now, I have:

Hetzer, T-25 & PzB2

Since they all came with 50% crew, but my Hetzer crew is at 98%, I'd like to use them (the T-25 needs 1 extra crew though) in my PzB2 and move them back and forth.  Does that make sense?  If so, is it doable?

Premium tanks can run any crew of that nation of that tank type without penalty. If they are of a different tank type, they will operate at a penalty. That said, for a while I did run my Pz B2 with a LT radio operator, since I only had one German HT Radio operator, and well, it is a Radio operator... So I would not recommend sharing the crew between the Hetzer, T25 and Pz B2. That said, the Hetzer crew may be "better" in those premiums than a 50% crew.

It will not be a problem using a Chrysler crew in the T14 - although you will need a Radio Operator for the T14 since the Chrysler doesn't use one. In general, I would recommend retraining this crew to that of a tech tree US HT as soon as you can - and that way you can run it on even more tanks.

Edited by Ken_McGuire, Aug 12 2017 - 23:01.

SpinOut1 #6 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 27032 battles

Good advice above.

Leave the premium tank empty and then transfer a crew from whatever tank you want (same nation, same class).  You can switch them back and forth easily if you click the crew button (a rectangle with 3 crew heads in it) that is to the left of the "accelerate crew training" option box right above the commander's crew box.

You should also be aware that you can put a crew in the premium and train it for a tank several tiers down the line.  

If you right click on the crew member, select "personal file" then "training", you will see a "vehicle option" selector.  You can designate any tank on the drop down menu to be the tank the crew member's training.

Sadly, no one has cleaned up this option in a long time (ever?), and some tanks (esp higher tier) are absent.  It's a neat feature but is in need of attention.

Ken_McGuire #7 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:34

Captain

• Players
  • 27088 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

View PostSpinOut1, on Aug 12 2017 - 17:13, said:

If you right click on the crew member, select "personal file" then "training", you will see a "vehicle option" selector.  You can designate any tank on the drop down menu to be the tank the crew member's training.

Sadly, no one has cleaned up this option in a long time (ever?), and some tanks (esp higher tier) are absent.  It's a neat feature but is in need of attention.

It is not obvious from the wiki last time I checked, but in order to train a crew for a tank, you have to have the tank unlocked. In addition to any tanks you have unlocked on the tech tree, any premium or reward tank in the game files is also available in this drop down menu. Only train a crew for one of these tanks as a last resort - since any of these tanks can use a tech tree tank crew without penalty.

the_Deadly_Bulb #8 Posted Aug 12 2017 - 23:57

Major

• Players
  • 18471 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

If your Pz T-25 crew is actually trained on the Pz T-25 then it can't operate any of your other tanks ATM, since you have no other German Premium Mediums.

Having observed your play style I would recommend the German T-V  Pz III/IV Medium. It has good mobility and is a decent performer in T-V. Acquire this tank and retrain the crew from the Pz T-25 into the Pz T-25. The crew will then be able to operate either without penalty. There are other German T-V Premium Mediums that you will certainly have a chance at winning through tank rewards, and several good German Premium Mediums VIIIs so a German Medium crew can be built very quickly.

The Pz III/IV line ends with the T-X Leopard I

Your PzB2 can train only German Heavy crews. If you acquire a Geramn Heavy Premium the crews can be somewhat interchanged, although some tanks have different crew requirements. For example the PZB2 requires a crew of 4 including Commander, Driver and 2 Radio operators. The Tiger 131 requires a crew of 5 including Commander, Driver, Gunner, Radio Operator, Loader, so some of the crew from the Tiger could operate the PzB2 however the PzB2 would need a second Radio Op from either some other German Heavy or specifically left with the PzB2.

Your Hetzer crew just needs a German Premium TD to have a second tank to use without penalty. Just beware that some German TDs are like the Heavy example above and have differing crew requirements.

The StuG IV, E-25, Krupp Steyr WT and Kanonenjagdpanzer all require the same crew of 4, a Commander, Driver, Gunner & Loader. This is the same crew requirements as your Hetzer, so any of these would train your current Hetzer crew without penalty.

The Dicker Max, Rheinmetall Skorpion G and Jagdtiger each have individual crew requirements and could train your Hetzer's crew, but would need additional crew members and some Radio Operators to have a full compliment.

Your T-14 and Chrysler GF can be used to Train US Heavy Crews. As you already know they have different crew requirements from one another. I use my T-14 crew to train part of my T-29 crew.

Hope this is helpful. :honoring:

CMDR_Holt #9 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 17:19

Private

• Players
  • 9646 battles
Thanks to all that posted this topic on 8 12 2017.  I found each comment to be informative and helpful.

Ramesis #10 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 20:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 14644 battles
  • [WAR_H] WAR_H

In the same vein as the initial question, what does resetting a crewman's skill do?

Is there a way to change his/her skill without losing ALL the skill points?

_GeorgePreddy #11 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 20:40

Captain

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

View PostRamesis, on Aug 16 2017 - 20:17, said:

In the same vein as the initial question, what does resetting a crewman's skill do?

Is there a way to change his/her skill without losing ALL the skill points?

You can do a skill reset for 200 gold (regular price) or occasionally 100 gold (when on sale). From garage right click the crewmember and choose "Personal File".

At the bottom left of Personal File dialog box, to the right of "Skills and Perks", left click "Reset" button. In the "Reset Skills" box, left click the top box that says "Maximum Tank Academy 100%", then L click "Reset" at the bottom. Then it will ask you "Reset All Skills and Perks ?" and you must L click "Reset" again.

Then you re-choose ALL of the skills on that guy, changing any or all of them as you want.

Edited by _GeorgePreddy, Aug 16 2017 - 20:41.

Ramesis #12 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 20:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 14644 battles
  • [WAR_H] WAR_H

Thx Preddy... I'll try it

Also tagged with Crew, Crew Skills, Switching

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users