Wargaming, now's the time to offer server transfers, or you'll lose me for good.

• Please log in to reply
47 replies to this topic

Viserion_Dies #41 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 09:05

Major

• Players
  • 29298 battles
  • [FADED] FADED

View Postawildseaking, on Aug 16 2017 - 01:16, said:

Hate to be blunt, but if you were significant, you would have your own server. Why do you think we're getting merged? Because we're insignificant. WoT is now an EU/RU game.

half the EU players are actually Russians. true fact. so its really RU game now, like it was meant to be.

VendettaPrime #42 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 11:34

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 891 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostSuckerPuncher, on Aug 16 2017 - 02:00, said:

What a load of BS, and I will tell you why: 

1. The SEA server has less than half the population of the NA servers and it is still a thing.  If they were gonna kill anything due to lack of participation the SEA server would be target #1.
  2. On a per player basis, the NA server spends more money than any other server.  Again if they would kill anything it would be the sea server since it not only has a smaller player base but that base does not spend as much money.

If the aussies leave it won't even be a blip.  If however they use the opportunity to actually improve the physical support structure that runs the game they just might add a few players.

Pls proof that point 2 because I think it's [edited]to the max and if it is it's only due to being the smallest player base.

and it's more than two that will leave you ignorant pleb, there are also a lot of EU players here.

VendettaPrime #43 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 11:43

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 891 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

View PostNehalim, on Aug 16 2017 - 09:05, said:

half the EU players are actually Russians. true fact. so its really RU game now, like it was meant to be.

srsly.... EU.....Russians....just....omg.....hopeless.

Firemoth #44 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 11:45

Major

• Players
  • 34936 battles

View PostAegis270, on Aug 13 2017 - 09:52, said:

So the Central server has been announced. Great! Except for the players that it sucks really hard for. Yep, we Australians and Kiwis and everyone else from South East Asia who play on the NA server are now screwed. Generally, we can manage about 200 ping to NAW. While not ideal, this is playable, and we've adapted to it in order to play the game.

I'm sure, at this point, some of you are asking why we don't just play on the SEA server instead. Well, there's a couple of reasons. Firstly, due to where that server is located, my ping isn't that much better than NAW. Around 180 ping. Secondly, English is much rarer, as most people playing are from Indonesia, Thailand, Vietnam and other Asia countries. Thirdly, the standard of play there is pretty appalling, at least when I did play there. 

Now with a central server being set up, that previously manageable 200 ping is going to jump. Their current server hosting contractor has servers in Denver (Which would probably be a modest, 220 ping), Houston and Dallas (Closer to 230 ping) and worst of all Chicago (At 240-250 ping). 

Bottom line is, the ping may jump to a point where play is unfeasible. And I'm not about to start the grind from scratch all over again, losing all my premiums and progression. So, considering the circumstances, this would be an ideal time to offer players the one time option of transfer their account and everything in it over to the SEA server. Or the EU server, for any European players in the same position. I know server roaming has been shot down time and again, but considering this special case where they are likely to lose a not insignificant portion of their playerbase for good if they don't do this, surely they'll at least look into it. 

i honestly dont notice a huge difference on east or west from melbourne. its a bit harder to autoaim high speed targets at close range because of the extra 70-100ms delay and shooting takes that fraction longer which might end up causing you to die before you can kill someone popping out of cover. generally though the game is slow paced enough that it doesnt matter too much.

yereverluvinunclebert #45 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 12:33

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles

It isn't a big problem, I used to play solely on the NA server up to tier VII from the UK (until I migrated myself to the EU server) and my ping was 200-250ms+

I still managed 53-56% win rate and a decent WN8 so ping isn't the single limiting factor of your gameplay. The main issues were the micro-lags that occurred on some older versions of WoT (now gone, tank goodness) and initial loading of some sounds on AMD type cpu/m'board devices (also now gone) and finally ghost shells that were a serious and regular issue, once upon a time.

Ping and latency might be a more critical factor at higher tier gameplay but up to tier VII the ping wasn't the main issue when it came to winning a game. For me it always was and always will be - Matchmaker - that drives me away from this game. Ping and server lag in comparison is a non-issue.

yereverluvinunclebert #46 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 12:37

Major

• Players
  • 16613 battles
OK, - and Jap. pointless paper heavies... I hate the things.

DDemon #47 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 12:49

Staff sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 19496 battles
I would love a server transfer, I have been playing on and of for several years, but the latency  and timezone difference just suck the fun out of it. A server transfer should be relatively simple from a technical standpoint, and would allow me to play on a server in my timezone, and even allow me to participate in clanwars.

SuckerPuncher #48 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 18:32

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35531 battles
  • [GUNS] GUNS

View PostVendettaPrime, on Aug 16 2017 - 04:34, said:

Pls proof that point 2 because I think it's [edited]to the max and if it is it's only due to being the smallest player base.

and it's more than two that will leave you ignorant pleb, there are also a lot of EU players here.

Apparently you missed the fact that I was specifically replying to someone from Austrailia you insolent nincompoop.  I typed this post slower so that it would make it easier for you to follow along.

http://ftr-wot.blogs...om-various.html the data is old, but it is the best you are going to find.  The difference probably boils down to the relative wealth of the server pops.  The Russians are in the middle of a self inflicted recession where most of the players are playing on toaster ovens, not much of their Rubles are left over for items priced in real money.  The EU as a whole is sitting at just under half the US rate of median household income.  While there are countries like Germany, France, and England bringing up the average there are Balkan and Eastern parts of the EU that are dragging down the average.  So... I would bet that free cash for use on similarly priced luxury goods would be much more likely to be the deciding factor.  The fact that it is the second smallest player base probably has little to nothing to do with it.

On the "both of you that will leave" comment...   Sure, some EU players will transfer, but if WG can finally improve server performance, the <5% that leave will be replaced. Hell if I am not shelling out $5 a month for a VPN to bypass the same old crappy Telia servers anymore I would have money that I am willing to spend on the game. 

Edited by SuckerPuncher, Aug 16 2017 - 22:21.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users