What should I do?

• Please log in to reply
12 replies to this topic

landedkiller #1 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 05:53

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
Hi all here is my stats http://wotlabs.net/n...er/Landedkiller I am an okay player I would say. I at least do some damage before I go down. Let's get to the main point should I get my first tier 9 a wz-111-1-4 or should I get two tier 8's the Object 416 and the T-34-2. I am not familiar with how to read all of these statistics so if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it. Some non-troll thoughtful posts would be nice to see. 

galspanic #2 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 06:04

Major

• -Players-
  • 23679 battles
  • [GUNS3] GUNS3

View Postlandedkiller, on Aug 12 2017 - 20:53, said:

Hi all here is my stats http://wotlabs.net/n...er/Landedkiller I am an okay player I would say. I at least do some damage before I go down. Let's get to the main point should I get my first tier 9 a wz-111-1-4 or should I get two tier 8's the Object 416 and the T-34-2. I am not familiar with how to read all of these statistics so if someone could enlighten me I would appreciate it. Some non-troll thoughtful posts would be nice to see. 

Based on numbers alone you are not an "okay player."  That's a lot of red stats and I would highly recommend holding off on anything above tier 8 until you develop a better command of the game.  Actually, I would hold fast at tier 5 if I were you.

nosreborg #3 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 06:13

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 12939 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW

View Postgalspanic, on Aug 12 2017 - 21:04, said:

Based on numbers alone you are not an "okay player."  That's a lot of red stats and I would highly recommend holding off on anything above tier 8 until you develop a better command of the game.  Actually, I would hold fast at tier 5 if I were you.

Going to agree with galspanic.  I would stay in tier 4 through 5, maybe venturing to 6 if you are having a good day.

topwing #4 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 06:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 16708 battles
  • [_D_] _D_

Hey Landed. If you're just looking for a simple answer to your question, I would agree with galspanic's sentiment. You're probably better off not playing at the high tiers quite yet. Lots of people do it, but you're going to lose a lot of credits every game. I can't imagine that would be very fun for you anyway.

As for the stats, there's really only one you need to worry about. Your average damage per game is 387. That's about 3-4 shots of damage depending on the tank you're playing. As a general rule, you need to be doing at least as much damage as the hp of the tank you're in to add value to your team. If you can do that, your WN8 and win rate will go up naturally.

So, tips for your immediate playing future. First, focus on staying alive and doing damage. Second, don't go to flanks by yourself. Third, try watching some twitch streams of good players to see how the game is really played, and try to emulate their techniques. It may seem like work, but the game actually becomes a lot more fun when you learn how to play it well!

strenfoo #5 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 06:49

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11862 battles
  • [C_NTS] C_NTS

No offense, but as stated, you're far from doing "ok".  Judging from your performance in your higher tier tanks, it looks like you're being too aggressive, over exposing yourself to multiple tanks, etc. (because you're survival rate is so low).  You're only doing 1 or 2 shots of damage on average and that's not nearly enough.

I'd work on simply staying alive.  You basically do that by not driving in front of someone else's gun when it's ready to fire (unless you're sure you can block the shot).  There are no heroes in this game.  Sacrificing yourself, trying to hold a flank all by yourself, is almost always the wrong play.

I'll put it another way.  Almost every player who dies early after doing only 1 or 2 shots of damage would have been much better off to the team if they literally drove to the far corner of the map and sat there for the first half to 3/4 of the game, doing absolutely nothing, until then moving and trying to fire their gun.  I'm not saying that's what you should do (please don't play like that!).  I'm just trying to emphasize how important it is to stay alive and conserve your HP until the end of game.

Good luck.  Everyone was in your shoes at one point.  Stay alive and position yourself so you can do damage while taking little in return.  Simple in theory but hard to master.

Edited by strenfoo, Aug 13 2017 - 06:50.

cloudwalkr #6 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 08:19

Major

• Players
  • 52206 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5
Others have covered what i would recommend so I'll just agree with the above posters in this thread.

BeanHoleBandit #7 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 08:39

Captain

• -Players-
  • 14140 battles
wthis your ping and fps?     First question... Second.. I'd say your a jack of all trades but a master at none..  What I seen you got a crap load of battles and red in all of them.. 

So either its your computer can't keep up, OR your too far spread out and just grinding..   And just grinding will " Tank " your stats..  You got to find a tier a union your happy with and start from there..  I think you said u die with a fight.. Your either yolo'ing or waiting till the end of the battle.. 

Either one can be bad..  Pick a nation and a tank line start there.. Let us know your ping and fps..   Maybe even in a video.. So we can see what is wrong..  

Thanks and Good Luck WG Managment team . lol 

OldFrog75 #8 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:57

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7765 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View Poststrenfoo, on Aug 13 2017 - 06:49, said:

I'd work on simply staying alive.  You basically do that by not driving in front of someone else's gun when it's ready to fire (unless you're sure you can block the shot).  There are no heroes in this game.  Sacrificing yourself, trying to hold a flank all by yourself, is almost always the wrong play.

I'll put it another way.  Almost every player who dies early after doing only 1 or 2 shots of damage would have been much better off to the team if they literally drove to the far corner of the map and sat there for the first half to 3/4 of the game, doing absolutely nothing, until then moving and trying to fire their gun.  I'm not saying that's what you should do (please don't play like that!).  I'm just trying to emphasize how important it is to stay alive and conserve your HP until the end of game.

This ^^^^^

Staying alive longer will likely help anyone become a better player.  Consider 3 different players:

1.  Survives for an average of 60 seconds

2.  Survives for an average of 2 min

3.  Survives for average of 3 min

For every 1000 battles played:

1.  Player #1 has 16.7 hours of battlefield practice and experience

2.  Player #2 has 33 hours of battlefield practice and experience

3.  Player #3 has 50 hours of battlefield practice and experience

Dying early and immediately hitting the battle button doesn't help very much when it comes to learning how to play better.  If a struggling player dies early, they should click onto a better player's camera and follow them around for the rest of the battle.  Might learn something.

Edited by OldFrog75, Aug 13 2017 - 14:06.

OLDIRTYBOMBER #9 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 15:39

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7548 battles
  • [E-T-D] E-T-D

The T9 requires something like 100k free XP to unlock it's 'git gud' gun.

You probably wont be able to do much without it unless you shoot all gold.

Also hope you have at least 3skill bia crew and all gear to even start playing it. 

Obj 416 has little gun depression so probably best to get t-34-2.

Your stats don't show much signs of improvement and your survival rate / K/D KPG ratio is rock bottom so it would probably be best to work on that first as well. 

landedkiller #10 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 18:32

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
Ill take these tips into account as someone pointed out I am grinding a lot of lines atm and I think I will just stick to tier 8 and lower for the time being

landedkiller #11 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 18:48

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles

http://wotreplays.co...edkiller-t-34-3

http://wotreplays.co...andedkiller-110

Lord_Hiney #12 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 20:47

Major

• -Players-
  • 12626 battles

View Postlandedkiller, on Aug 13 2017 - 12:32, said:

Ill take these tips into account as someone pointed out I am grinding a lot of lines atm and I think I will just stick to tier 8 and lower for the time being

Probably a good idea. Rushing up the lines before you're ready will only lead to frustration.

I'd suggest you pick a tank or two in the tier 5-6 range that you like and do well with, look up guides and reviews of the tanks, and play the crap out of just them for a while. 

And dont be afraid to come to the forums with any further questions you have, we're happy to help. Players that want to improve are a wonderful thing, regardless of where they're at at the time.

Swell_Sell #13 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 20:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 20484 battles
  • [AJ] AJ

I agree with the general consensus, take your time working through the tiers, OP.

Another thing to keep in mind is the tanks that you're currently grinding. The Object 416 and T-34-2 are not very user-friendly. The Chinese tech tree in general has issues with module damage and that can be a discouraging experience. Basically, you can grind whatever you want, but there are much more comfortable grinds than the Chinese MTs/HTs and Russian rear-turreted mediums.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users