back after a while...what changed since 9.5.5?

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Thambry #1 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:19

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26975 battles
...already realised the T9 and T10 lights...and that premium consumables can be re-used now :) What else?

SwedishEOD #2 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:20

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 52904 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
Double posting on the forums are still frowned upon......  :harp:

_Gungrave_ #3 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:23

Major

• Players
  • 35216 battles
Strange how there are so many double posted threads lately but then again the forums have been lagging and pages not always loading so...

Doomslinger #4 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:29

Major

• Players
  • 58770 battles

The match maker was changed significantly. Here are some notes I made on that:

New match maker after patch 9.18

Tier 3 now only sees tier 4 maximum. No more constantly getting into tier 5 battles in tier 3 tanks.

Tier 4 gets more top tier battles than before but will see a mix of tier 4,5,6 battles.

Tier 5 used to get a lot of top tier battles where you could club the poor tier 3 players. Now it will never see tier 3 tanks and mostly will be placed in tier 5,6,7 battles. It's not really a seal clubbing tier like it used to be. Trying fighting against OI, O-Ni, T29, IS, Tigers and other tanks that have 1200-1500 health and armor in your little 360 health tier 5 td or light tank. Not easy.

Tier 6 seems to get a good mix of tier 6,7,8 battles and you used to get a lot of tier 8 battles where there were 10 or more tier 8 tanks in the battle. Now you will never see more than 3 enemy tier 8 tanks and there are plenty of same tier or close to same tier targets to shoot at. An improvment in my opinion.

Tier 7 is the new mid tier sweet spot and I have noticed I seem to get more top tier battles here than in tiers 5 and 6. Is this the new mid clubbing tier? I think so. There are a lot of bad tanks in tier 7 but there are a few gems such as the T29, T71, Amx 1375, Amx 1357, Su 122-44 and E25. Getting into tier 9 battles can be difficult but you will never see more than 3 enemy tier 9 tanks in a battle. Always lots of targets your gun will pen unless you see one one of the new "OP" tier 8 premium tanks recently released...GG wargaming on your pay to win tanks...

Tier 8 used to be a great tier to bully the poor tier 6 players but now you will rarely get to shoot at tier 6 tanks. The majority of your battles will be tiers 8, 9 and 10. This has cut into tier 8 premium tank profit making as you have to fire more premium rounds to pen a lot of the tanks effectively. A lot of the new "OP" premium tanks are kind of "pay to win" because they are just flat out better than fully upgraded non premium tanks of that tier. Some of the older premium tanks such as the KV-5 and IS-6 have been left in the dust and don't compete as well as they used to but they have buffed the Lowe and possibly will buff the others to bring them up to par with the recently released premium tanks.

Tier 9 is a fun tier to play in and you will get a lot of top tier battles but it starts to get expensive to play at this level if you don't have a premium account and/or a premium tank to farm credits with.

Tier 10 looks expensive to play in but you need a tier 10 tank to play ranked battles so you can earn bonds to purchase "improved" equipment. I think this was a bad move for the devs to put this battle mode in the game that only allow tier 10 players to get these bonds. They should allow lower tiers to play and they could adjust the amount of bonds you earn depending on what tier you are playing. The higher the tier, the more bonds you can possibly earn seems fair to me and it shouldn't be limited to only tier 10 tanks. The improved equipment should not be allowed to be installed on tanks lower than the tier that the bonds were earned in to purchase the equipment.

Other Notes:

Preferential mm tanks have suffered a bit because they seem to rarely get top tier battle now and are usually one tier down on the list. I think they should just buff pref mm tanks at tier 8 and give them normal mm now.

I switched to tier 7 and that tier seems to get a lot more top tier battles than the other mid tiers. Tier 8 seems to be kind of a bad tier to play in since the new mm went into effect. I noticed that if I play light tanks at mid tiers, I seem to get a lot better mm compared to playing medium, tds and heavies. So that's something to remember. Light tanks not only get normal mm of +2 now but they also seem to get better mm than other tank types. I think it has something to do with how the mm handles light tanks now and having to place one on the other team to mirror yours. I find I can usually out skill the enemy light tank player when I am top tier because 85% of players are kind of bad at them. Now, in the old mm system, I could have been mirrored with a heavy or medium tank so even if I was better at the game, they still have a stronger tank. Now I am matched with another light tank and I can usually counter them easily when top tier. 

Addendum:

Arty has been significantly altered. Stun effect added. Lower damage when it hits but larger blast radius. Light tanks get normal tank mm now. Light tanks significantly re-balanced. Some got nerfed hard and others not so much. Premium light tanks not touched and they get this new mm so they are OP as heck now.

Doomslinger #5 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:32

Major

• Players
  • 58770 battles

My arty notes:

Artillery Re-balanced

Artillery has been causing a lot of friction for players in this game for years. The one-shots from full health, constantly getting xvm focused by scumbags and trolls who can't play any other tank class well so they stink up the pub matches with their artillery, the inability to retaliate when shot at because arty can fire at you from the other side of the map, over hills and other obstacles. They have changed arty and people have mixed opinions on this. Is it better or worse than before? My opinion is that it has changed a lot but it is neither better or worse than before. Arty is just irritating like before but in a different way. It has become more accurate, faster firing and with an increased blast radius, it hits you much more often. Light armored tanks suffer the most from this as they take more damage from near misses and are outright destroyed in a direct hit in most cases. Gone is the one-shotting from full health (for most tanks that have some armor) which is good but now it is like you are getting crapon by a bunch of rabid sea gulls flying over your tank and dropping exploding poop bombs on your tank if arty are in the match. Six arty in a match and you are in your heavy tank...good luck. Might as well go drown your tank if you are not on a city map and the enemy arty are xvm focusing on you. Not fun. Even your own allies using arty will hit you if you are too close to an enemy tank. The blast radious is so wide that this happens frequently. The team damage system seems to go easy on them too and they are allowed way too much team damage in my opinion.

Should arty be completely removed or should it stay? I don't know, it is a complicated issue. I play a lot of mobile tanks and I like to spot for my teams on open maps and I really like to watch enemy tanks get smashed by my team's arty as I spot. But there are all the negatives I listed above too. I don't play slower heavy tanks because of arty. That is the only reason I don't play them in pubs because of arty. So I guess if I was mainly a heavy or slower tank type of player, I would want arty removed. I am not sure if they could balance arty in a better way. One thing they could do is limit arty to a maximum of 2 per team instead of the current 3. I find matches with 3 arty per team are just a crapfest and you can see it in your team chat when people complain about 3 arty on each team. "I am so glad there are arty in this match...", said no one ever. When have you ever heard anyone saying they would like to have some arty in the battles in those rare, no arty matches? Probably never. Usually there is a celebration in those arty free matches.

_GeorgePreddy #6 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:45

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 20 battles

The game is much improved... gets better with every patch... enjoy.

(no sarcasm here)

_Gungrave_ #7 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 13:50

Major

• Players
  • 35216 battles

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Aug 13 2017 - 13:45, said:

The game is much improved... gets better with every patch... enjoy.

(no sarcasm here)

no sarcasm? from you? sure sure I'll believe that

Bogart1943 #8 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:24

Captain

• Players
  • 25975 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6
Really?  You have to ask twice?  As I said before, search engine.

FrozenKemp #9 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:36

Major

• Players
  • 41048 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR
Regular consumables can also be reused. 

_Gungrave_ #10 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:38

Major

• Players
  • 35216 battles

View PostThe_Leafy_Bug, on Aug 13 2017 - 14:27, said:

Moderated by Mezurashi.

Ooh look, a Report button

Edited by Mezurashi, Aug 14 2017 - 04:11.

FrozenKemp #11 Posted Aug 13 2017 - 14:57

Major

• Players
  • 41048 battles
  • [27PZR] 27PZR

Personal Reserves have been added since you left.  They are time-limited bonuses to XP, crew XP, free XP, or credits.   You can have up to 3 active at the same time, so long as they are different types.  (You can have one xp, one crew xp, and one credit reserve going, for instance.) 

You can access them by clicking on the button with your name in the upper left corner.   If you play much at all you will find you get a LOT of them so I suggest you use them whenever you can. 

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users