IS-7 Changes

• Please log in to reply
10 replies to this topic

Tahllol #1 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 14:14

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles
So you want the IS-7 to be a front line heavy but you gave it crap armor including the turret which Tier 9's even at long range can just spam premium rounds and pen head on? If you want it to be a front line combat tank than buff the armor line you did every other heavy in the game. It already has a weak gun and your dispersion fix isn't going to help that so at least give it some armor. Hell the Russian mediums are getting better armor and guns than the Russian Heavies.

churchill50 #2 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 14:44

Captain

• -Players-
  • 13652 battles

Wait, what? Look at this armor model quick:

https://tanks.gg/tank/is-7/model

Now, please tell me what tier 9 tank (or even tier 10 tank besides the JP E-100) can pen that turret frontally. That's right, none of them can.

I personally think these changes will help the IS-7 quite a bit. It now outperforms the 113 and WZ-111 5A in terms of mobility, and has very good gun performance. The only real weakness it has at this point is the horrible APCR pen.

nxp #3 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 14:52

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 35630 battles
  • [NEWBI] NEWBI
been playing 4 years, never ever seen a tier 9 that can pen the IS7 turret. If you are gonna start an argument please use logic and facts. These comments just makes you look silly. Another useless rant post as always. 

bfp4f360 #4 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 15:31

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 15097 battles
  • [LOAD] LOAD

View Postchurchill50, on Aug 14 2017 - 13:44, said:

Now, please tell me what tier 9 tank (or even tier 10 tank besides the JP E-100) can pen that turret frontally. That's right, none of them can.

I personally think these changes will help the IS-7 quite a bit. It now outperforms the 113 and WZ-111 5A in terms of mobility, and has very good gun performance. The only real weakness it has at this point is the horrible APCR pen.

he prob means the 325 cheeks or the part under the gun mantle when u point the gun up(cause I do it for the memes)

and lol sure it outperforms the 113 and 5a in a straight line but its terrian res and traverse sped make it pretty bad in cqc

dont get me wrong the buffs are welcomed,but it could be better. The dpm still holds the is7 back, the pen,especially on gold is rather crapeven(lol skop g has better gold pen lol),accuracy could be improved,traverse and buffs to upper and lower plate ofc 

gun handling is pretty lit tho

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #5 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 15:34

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostTahllol, on Aug 14 2017 - 06:14, said:

So you want the IS-7 to be a front line heavy but you gave it crap armor including the turret which Tier 9's even at long range can just spam premium rounds and pen head on? If you want it to be a front line combat tank than buff the armor line you did every other heavy in the game. It already has a weak gun and your dispersion fix isn't going to help that so at least give it some armor. Hell the Russian mediums are getting better armor and guns than the Russian Heavies.

.....crap armor?  IS-7?

dude the thing has the TROLLIEST side armor in the game.

its turret is hands down the BEST TURRET in the game, and lol. prem rounds on that turret. i hope your point blank and aiming down on it.

its hull, that strip of 270mm armor.  upper plate bounces easily if you front on(and not angled.  if you angle and give them shots on your front, you playing wrong)

russian meds getting better armor?  EXCUSE ME?!  where?

show me this med thats getting better armor.   the #1 russian armored turret is the T-62a.  and its a JOKE compared to IS-7's turret.

the #1 russian armored hull is obj 907.  and while its upper plate can be troll, its not anywhere near the level of IS-7.

lower plate on IS-7 is weak aye,  along with basically any tank. 

you ruin your argument by saying crap like that.

if you just stick to its gun, then maybe people will listen to you.    (though WG is ahead of you there. its being buffed.   so in this case people would mock you for not keeping up to date with dev blogs)

its gettign medium level gun handling

https://tanks.gg/v09...tank/is-7/stats

not to mention the hp boost,  and the minor hp/t buff.

theres a reason i prefer IS-7 and its BOOM gun over E5.

solid turret, troll sides, powerful gun.  APCR instead of HEAT.

hell i get my HT-15 in this every time just by stucking that turret up.  (hulldown).  and going afk for a beer run.    come back and its got several thousand blocked dmg cause the jg pz e 100 descided to focus me.   or the russian meds descided they wanted to throw their gold rounds away on it.   (NO CUPOLA WEAKSPOT MUAHAHAHAHA)

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #6 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 15:41

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 30409 battles
  • [TYPE5] TYPE5

These IS-7 buff will help me kill them quicker :great:

Still an under preforming heavy IMO even with these buffs

Edited by Al_Capones_Gang, Aug 14 2017 - 15:41.

mlinke #7 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 16:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 47192 battles
  • [FADES] FADES
I loved the is 7 when it was longer but not so tall as it is now. I just need traverse and a little speed so I can flank mice. 

Metalgod_ #8 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 17:15

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 16993 battles
If you are being penned hull down through the front of the turret something else is exposed besides the turret....

Reaper13 #9 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 21:03

Sergeant

• Beta Testers
  • 20390 battles
  • [G-M-U] G-M-U
Front on, the IS7 is very good, but all it has to do is turn a little and the angles dont work. And the lower plate can be penned by tier 8's.

Strike_Witch_Tomoko #10 Posted Aug 14 2017 - 23:45

Major

• Players
  • 15574 battles

View PostReaper13, on Aug 14 2017 - 13:03, said:

Front on, the IS7 is very good, but all it has to do is turn a little and the angles dont work. And the lower plate can be penned by tier 8's.

aye,  as do alot of tier 10s, heavies included.

why should a tier 10 not be pennable by tier 8?  they see them right?

Tahllol #11 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 00:47

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 7443 battles

View Postchurchill50, on Aug 14 2017 - 14:44, said:

Wish I kept the vid, but getting penned back to back shots just to the left side about half way across the turrets side of the gun by a M-103 shooting Heat is retarded. Basically right about were it turns from red to orange on the link you provided. Which this isn't the first time even hull down getting slaughtered right thru the turret. So yeah the model says one thing but in reality it is totally different.

View Postnxp, on Aug 14 2017 - 14:52, said:

been playing 4 years, never ever seen a tier 9 that can pen the IS7 turret. If you are gonna start an argument please use logic and facts. These comments just makes you look silly. Another useless rant post as always. 

Basically another UNICUMER post that thinks he knows all when he doesn't heave either of the Russian heavy lines that obviously doesn't check shots on their tanks. Basically using the Russian tanks giving them Chinese numbers with ton better stats doesn't make you an expert in the Russian heavies line.

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Aug 14 2017 - 15:34, said:

.....crap armor?  IS-7?

dude the thing has the TROLLIEST side armor in the game.

its turret is hands down the BEST TURRET in the game, and lol. prem rounds on that turret. i hope your point blank and aiming down on it.

its hull, that strip of 270mm armor.  upper plate bounces easily if you front on(and not angled.  if you angle and give them shots on your front, you playing wrong)

russian meds getting better armor?  EXCUSE ME?!  where?

show me this med thats getting better armor.   the #1 russian armored turret is the T-62a.  and its a JOKE compared to IS-7's turret.

you ruin your argument by saying crap like that.

if you just stick to its gun, then maybe people will listen to you.    (though WG is ahead of you there. its being buffed.   so in this case people would mock you for not keeping up to date with dev blogs)

its gettign medium level gun handling

https://tanks.gg/v09...tank/is-7/stats

not to mention the hp boost,  and the minor hp/t buff.

The T-54 is getting armor nearly identical to the IS-7s turrets front, and the T-62 already basically has the same frontal turret armor as the IS7 and they are mediums. Why don't you check out the link provided above on your mediums turrets and especially with the buff the T-54 line up is getting. BTW check out the turret buffs being given to the medium Russian and American line ups.

The IS7 gun is pathetic compared to the mediums. With a ton less dpm and crap pen which they are not fixing the gun for [edited]. Since the only boost it is getting is a slight aim time increase and dispersion reduction which having to be close range means you are probably dead anyway.

View PostStrike_Witch_Tomoko, on Aug 14 2017 - 23:45, said:

aye,  as do alot of tier 10s, heavies included.

why should a tier 10 not be pennable by tier 8?  they see them right?

Not saying that at all, but sure as hell shouldn't be penning directly thru the front of a heavy armor turret.

Edited by Tahllol, Aug 15 2017 - 00:50.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users