• Please log in to reply
26 replies to this topic

Kladston #21 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 19:40

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31477 battles
  • [RTL] RTL

View Postkgomoll, on Aug 15 2017 - 01:18, said:

Historically server mergers happen due to lack of player population, we all know the play base is holding on by a thread. This seems more about WG saving money and less about player population. I can image this is the long awaited nail in the coffin, the spiral has begun. I hope WG can fix this game, until then my wallet is closed before this game just stops working, like a thief in the night they pull the plug. 

​this is true with a lot of games online, but it does not mean the same with every merge.  This could be to help with the new 30 vs 30 queue times and give more diversity in matches.  By bringing the 2 severs together it should cut down on it and also give MM more tanks to work with. Before you count WG out, give it a chance and lets hope for the best.

Kladston #22 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 19:51

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 31477 battles
  • [RTL] RTL

View PostSlatherer, on Aug 15 2017 - 01:54, said:

Ironically, if we start with our last hoorah by burnning through our personal reserves, play our premium tanks (to get our money's worth) and best tanks (because they're fun) and be nicer to each other, we might just extend the life of the game.

Who's with me?

But its a killing game, how can I kill you nicely? There is game where it seems Nerf made my shells, Is that it? Or should I only use my female crews? LOL. A lot more people are with you than you think )

BlatantDisregrd #23 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 20:15

Private

• Players
  • 51427 battles

I downloaded the new Wargaming.net Game Center the other day, when it finished the install phase a little window popped up it only flashed

open for about for about a second it stated this program would constantly run in the back ground with no further information like how much in the back ground or why WG felt the need to for this program to run in the back ground in the first place without getting anyone's opinion about this. I had to reboot my system before I could delete this program from my PC. I will not be downloading this program again until I get and answer on this point.

Slatherer #24 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 22:02

Major

• Players
  • 33926 battles

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 15 2017 - 09:11, said:

Right here brother!

+1

:honoring:

Woohoo!  

Lexers615 #25 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 08:49

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15607 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostKekistani, on Aug 14 2017 - 21:39, said:

I started playing this game at Feb 2015 and didn't notice a significant loss in player population since then. Every single game has its peak, then it loses a part of its population. The ones that manage to keep steady numbers are the ones that survive the longest.

Several misconceptions in your post/link... First of all, your 3rd party link shows the total number of accounts. That includes the ones that are now inactive and/or the handful that are banned and/or the ones that log like 1h monthly, as well as the spambots/scambots (the tiers I that were spamming new comers to purchase gold on 3rd party sites), reportbots (used to be used by big clans to have the commander of smaller clans banned by having hundreds or thousands of reports filled against him in a very short time frame, resulting in the immediate dissolution of the clan, and all their provinces in the world turning neural) as before you could report anyone and not just people you actually faced on the battlefield), and the large number of now defunct rerolls and such.

Here's the recent official server status:

http://wiki.wargaming.net/en/Servers

Note that the data are pooled for all the servers in a region.

Second, you just can't have been playing since 2015 and not have noticed the shrinking of the active player base and the clumsy attempts by WG to damage control it in sooooo many ways, mostly fails (massive condoning of mods while pretending to be fighting them, big nerf on arties, adding popular mods features to vanilla client, etc...) The only good thing they did was to scrap the "Scout MM", which more or less made playing lights undesirable. All these worked so well that, as I said, the active player base kept shrinking and actually shrunk by 50% in 2 years... As Bavor said (and I normally never agree with him!) on holidays, legal holidays, special events, etc... NA East ALONE had 40k+ people online at peek hours. Now, at peek hours, both servers together have 23k players, according to official numbers. In the same time frame, other servers apparently kept their players playing. Still, peek hours here is now 25% of what it used to be, in terms of the number of active players.

Bottom line, I don't care that 8M accounts are registered in NA, I do care though that less than 5% of them are active...

(Just to be clear, WoWp and WoWs did suffer similar attrition as well, though WoWp lost like 80 to 90% of its active player base in like 5 years... It is now fairly common when playing WoWp outside peek hours to have double digits players playing in NA (as WoWp is hosted by NA East).)

Worland #26 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 14:02

Major

• Players
  • 16766 battles
Looking at the labs, the server population has been pretty steady for the last few years with around 200k active players a month.

Lexers615 #27 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 23:26

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 15607 battles
  • [ZOMB] ZOMB

View PostWorland, on Aug 16 2017 - 08:02, said:

Looking at the labs, the server population has been pretty steady for the last few years with around 200k active players a month.
So you basically say that having peek hours around 25% of what they used to be is not a clear sign of people stopping playing?

Also tagged with Server population

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users