• Please log in to reply
94 replies to this topic

DuncanKFW #1 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:27

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14415 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

Guess I'll get the ball rolling here. 

I first joined the game back in 2011 and there was very little to no distinction to which client I should download on the World of Tanks Website. Me being in the UK I ended up downloading the NA client. 

​This move of server to Chicago is going to make the sub-par ping I get of 150-170 regularly even worse with the relocation of the server further Westwards. I'm sure many others who also live in the UK and elsewhere East of the Atlantic feel the same way. I didn't necessarily want to create an account on the NA over the EU server- 5 years back there was so little info on the different servers available so I just went for what was most readily available/suggested to me.

If perhaps others who share the same problem post here WG will be able to post on this forum post directly if it isn't too much hassle for them. 

Edited by DuncanKFW, Aug 15 2017 - 15:28.

CynicalDutchie #2 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:31

Major

• Players
  • 35781 battles
  • [IOC] IOC
Impatient little bugger, aren't ya?

DuncanKFW #3 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:32

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14415 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Aug 15 2017 - 15:31, said:

Impatient little bugger, aren't ya?

​Been waiting 4 years for this. I have reason to be excited when WG themselves post something positive to do with Server Transfers. 

Edited by DuncanKFW, Aug 15 2017 - 15:32.

bavadawir #4 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 15:39

Corporal

• Players
  • 21627 battles
  • [9-PDH] 9-PDH
my entire clan wants to transfer for a couple of years already, but WG always said that they only can transfer 'large amounts' (my clan has over 60 members). hopefully we will actually be able to transfer to EU, will miss the better prizes on NA though

WenusV1 #5 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 16:02

Private

• -Players-
  • 18844 battles
  • [SAAR] SAAR

Hi

I agree we have the same problem from South Africa.  When I joined a little over a year ago WOT suggested I join the NA server which I did.  On the East coast server we get ping in the region of 250ms, others that went to the European server get pings in the region of 180ms from South Africa.  Moving the server more West in NA will drop our ping even further and may make the game unplayable, so hopefully we can finally switch to the European server now.

fred_632 #6 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 16:26

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4404 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostWenusV1, on Aug 15 2017 - 16:02, said:

Hi

I agree we have the same problem from South Africa.  When I joined a little over a year ago WOT suggested I join the NA server which I did.  On the East coast server we get ping in the region of 250ms, others that went to the European server get pings in the region of 180ms from South Africa.  Moving the server more West in NA will drop our ping even further and may make the game unplayable, so hopefully we can finally switch to the European server now.

Being from South Africa as well I can agree, my ping normally jumps around between 200-250 on NA East they should at least keep the server in the East and remove the West if they want one server. This move to the midwest won't affect the North American and South American players, but players from Europe and Africa will suffer. If it's moved to Chicago and my ping went up I will ask them to move my account to EU 

Alybubba #7 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 16:36

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1387 battles
Well, living in Illinois,  I welcome the move to Chicago :great:

ChillZon3 #8 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 16:37

Private

• -Players-
  • 10878 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
Im excited for this. Im a norwegian player, and have 120 - 220 ping (120 on good days, but the norwegian infrastructure isnt very good...) I cant stand it getting any higher. and i belive my 4 other friends who i got to join this would also love to switch if the ping gets higher. 

Raltahook #9 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 17:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 21182 battles
  • [SRB] SRB
Yeah the server transfer option would be the best thing they can do now. Its painful enough to play on high ping, greater ping would be  unacceptable.

JDF #10 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 18:12

Major

• Players
  • 23048 battles

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 15 2017 - 15:27, said:

Guess I'll get the ball rolling here. 

I first joined the game back in 2011 and there was very little to no distinction to which client I should download on the World of Tanks Website. Me being in the UK I ended up downloading the NA client. 

​This move of server to Chicago is going to make the sub-par ping I get of 150-170 regularly even worse with the relocation of the server further Westwards. I'm sure many others who also live in the UK and elsewhere East of the Atlantic feel the same way. I didn't necessarily want to create an account on the NA over the EU server- 5 years back there was so little info on the different servers available so I just went for what was most readily available/suggested to me.

If perhaps others who share the same problem post here WG will be able to post on this forum post directly if it isn't too much hassle for them. 

Guess this was the case for most (e.g.) EU players (indeed for me also). Only after playing for quite some time it became clear there was an EU-server. But at that point I didn't want to start all over and was used to the 130-140 ping on NA East. But like many, if I'd known from start I could download an EU-client, I would have done so.

Server roaming was promised in the past, so maybe now, finally, it will come into effect. We'll just have to wait and see.

(haven't been playing this game the past few months, so waiting another few to see what comes from this new server won't hurt me at all ;) )

csotany #11 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 18:21

Corporal

• Players
  • 41137 battles
  • [HUN] HUN
There are lots of players playing from Europe,and has been waiting for 6 years to move around.
 I do not say that you can not play, 
BUT : A normal life person completely misses the tournaments and clan battles,because they're all in the dawn.
It is very annoying to have been ignored for 6 years for people who have accidentally registered from Europe. 
We did not stop playing, persevere and wait.
But now that they will transfer the players account,they could really transfer Europeans to where they are. 
(The lag/high ping is just a foam on the cake)

Edited by csotany, Aug 15 2017 - 18:22.

ol_Cajun #12 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 20:18

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 28630 battles
You know OP there is a better than even chance the server was in,  or around Chicago when you started playing.

DuncanKFW #13 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 21:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 14415 battles
  • [UBH-T] UBH-T

View Postol_Cajun, on Aug 15 2017 - 20:18, said:

You know OP there is a better than even chance the server was in,  or around Chicago when you started playing.

​Your point? My ping/gameplay will be far better if I am connected to the servers located in the Netherlands and in Bavaria than anywhere over the Atlantic.

Back when I first started playing the game I was not good enough/had very little knowledge of the game, let alone the whole 'ping' business. Now that I am a far better player than I was, as well as approaching a level to want to play Clan Wars etc, I do not want to have to wake up at ungodly hours to do so. Therefore it only makes sense to transfer over to the EU servers. 

Edited by DuncanKFW, Aug 15 2017 - 21:01.

slavenko #14 Posted Aug 15 2017 - 21:05

Corporal

• Players
  • 29501 battles
  • [GUNS0] GUNS0

View PostJDF, on Aug 15 2017 - 17:12, said:

Guess this was the case for most (e.g.) EU players (indeed for me also). Only after playing for quite some time it became clear there was an EU-server. But at that point I didn't want to start all over and was used to the 130-140 ping on NA East. But like many, if I'd known from start I could download an EU-client, I would have done so.

Server roaming was promised in the past, so maybe now, finally, it will come into effect. We'll just have to wait and see.

(haven't been playing this game the past few months, so waiting another few to see what comes from this new server won't hurt me at all ;) )

I am in a completely identical situation - started playing when there was no clear distinction between the EU and the US server. Asked several times through tech support to have my account moved to EU, always got the same generic response - not possible Komrade! 

I get between 130 and 150 ms on average, and this hasn't prevented me from playing all this time and filling up my account with valuable tanks and crews. Hopefully they will allow us EU stragglers to go back home. In the era of Trump, I think this will be welcome - unwanted immigrants that actually beg to go back home. Let my people goooo...

Btw - I am from Bosnia, the little place in Europe, and apparently still get better ping than some people in the US. So much about routing...

FighterAce #15 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 00:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22290 battles

I've been waiting this for years. Sent multiple support tickets asking for transfer to no avail.

Looks like I'll finally start playing again if they're really serious about this transfer.

Mondochiwan #16 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 07:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 9044 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM

Yup, also from South Africa here. I get around 280-320ms ping on NA East. I also didn't know there was an EU option when I signed up. In fact, when you log in from SA, they AUTOMATICALLY recommend using the NA server. Which is mental, because the ping is higher and the time zone is totally off. Maybe it was done to bolster the NA server population?

Having Ranked battles start from 1am and close at 6am, and tournaments happen around 2am on weeknights also isn't all that great...

I started an EU account just to see what it would be like and my ping time there is about 180ms. That is a HUGE improvement on 300 plus and makes the game so much more enjoyable.

I will be on the first boat to Europe!

aminek #17 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 10:50

Sergeant

• Players
  • 24465 battles
  • [SVG] SVG

Hi everybody,

As an Algerian player (north africa) i mostly have a ping of around 230-270 all the time, it sometimes turn out to be simply unplayable because of the high latency, and as most of you said here, i was also a victim of the poor informative system back in 2012 (i saw an AD banner, i like the images and videos of the game so i join on the .com website instead of .eu which roughtly give me about 90-120ms, and very smouth welcomed experience) and ever since i saw this recent annoucement, i'm loosing my mind hoping that they would finnally take care of our case, i've been suffering for years now, and i honnestly stopped playing lately because the ping got even worse, it is unplayable, even tho i always loved so much this game.

Cool_hand_Luc #18 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 10:53

Private

• Players
  • 29506 battles
  • [F_X] F_X
Hello, I'm french and I started playing by invitation from American friends, I did not know there were other servers. Now I play alone because there is too much time difference. My ping ranges from 120 to 150 on the East server, and between 180 is 210 on the West server. I created an account on the EU server, my ping is 40. The problem is that after several years and more than 28000 battles, I do not want to start all over again. I hope there will be a real solution.

Edited by Cool_hand_Luc, Aug 16 2017 - 10:55.

RedAlert2010 #19 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 10:55

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 20147 battles
  • [FILOX] FILOX

View PostDuncanKFW, on Aug 15 2017 - 14:32, said:

​Been waiting 4 years for this. I have reason to be excited when WG themselves post something positive to do with Server Transfers. 

Ignore him, he is just a little excited about the possibility of a transfer 

I am in the UK too, but i get a regular ping of 90-120, still looking forward to moving this acct to EU.

Standin_Vengeance97 #20 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 11:11

Private

• -Players-
  • 6054 battles
I think wargaming.net should  learn from steam.com. I can easily change server in Dota 2 without any recreate account and redownload the game. Wargaming.net should make system like that, it easier.

Also tagged with Ping, Europe, Server Transfer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users