• Please log in to reply
99 replies to this topic

HeatMisor #61 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 15:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 25103 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3

My story, how I ended up here:
I'm Hungarian from Romania (yes) so it's East Europe which is even further from the servers than the UK.

When I went up to the website for the first time to register and download the game it was Romanian (the eu website).

I was like "Hell naw men I wants to learn English". So I wanted to change the language to English and it redirected me to the NA  site and the rest is straight forward.

After a year I found it out when I asked my friend if he's playing World of Tanks. He said yes, what server are you playing on?I told him the NA East. "I can't connect to that server, I can only go to the EU1 or the EU2"

Raltahook #62 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 21:26

Corporal

• Players
  • 23791 battles
  • [SRB] SRB
They updated some informations 

Server Merge FAQ

Collapse

08.28.17:

ATTENTION: To Transfer Your Account:
If you live in the APAC region and received an email from us regarding transferring your account, a response is required by end of today (Monday, August 8) 22:00 PT (01:00 ET). If you did not receive an email, you are ineligible to transfer your account.

I also send the ticket with this question : "Are those server transfer wargaming told us about going to happen any time soon ?"

Respond: 
John Moore Clayton 

Hello Commander Raltahook,

Thank you for playing World of Tanks and for contacting Wargaming NA Support Team!

We are currently gauging interest from Asia Pacific residents in transferring to the SEA server. We understand that many players will have questions about the logistics of the transfer, which will be addressed once we are able to begin the transfer process. I apologize if we're unable to answer your questions at this time.

Should you have any other concerns, please visit our Frequently Asked Questionspage.

Have a great day and we'll see you on the field, Commander!

Best Regards,

John Moore Clayton

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Join Wargaming for an Epic Summer at the Let’s Battle Tour!
• September: Aboard the USS Lexington in Texas

CynicalDutchie #63 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 21:52

Major

• Players
  • 41895 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostRaltahook, on Aug 28 2017 - 21:26, said:

They updated some informations 

Server Merge FAQ

Collapse

08.28.17:

ATTENTION: To Transfer Your Account:
If you live in the APAC region and received an email from us regarding transferring your account, a response is required by end of today (Monday, August 8) 22:00 PT (01:00 ET). If you did not receive an email, you are ineligible to transfer your account.

I also send the ticket with this question : "Are those server transfer wargaming told us about going to happen any time soon ?"

Respond: 
John Moore Clayton 

Hello Commander Raltahook,

Thank you for playing World of Tanks and for contacting Wargaming NA Support Team!

We are currently gauging interest from Asia Pacific residents in transferring to the SEA server. We understand that many players will have questions about the logistics of the transfer, which will be addressed once we are able to begin the transfer process. I apologize if we're unable to answer your questions at this time.

Should you have any other concerns, please visit our Frequently Asked Questionspage.

Have a great day and we'll see you on the field, Commander!

Best Regards,

John Moore Clayton

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

Please don't forget to fill out our survey once your ticket has been completed.

Wargaming Support is now on Twitter! Follow us @WargamingCS for updates and announcements. https://twitter.com/WargamingCS

Join Wargaming for an Epic Summer at the Let’s Battle Tour!
• September: Aboard the USS Lexington in Texas

August 8th? That doesn't seem right. Also still no word on the EU transfers :/

Raltahook #64 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 21:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 23791 battles
  • [SRB] SRB
LOL didnt even notice , they probably ment 28. of august. Yeah im also waiting for EU transfers, they are going to happen in second wave which will start after this one is ended (tomorrow).

CynicalDutchie #65 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 22:10

Major

• Players
  • 41895 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostRaltahook, on Aug 28 2017 - 21:59, said:

LOL didnt even notice , they probably ment 28. of august. Yeah im also waiting for EU transfers, they are going to happen in second wave which will start after this one is ended (tomorrow).

I'm also kind of worried about WG forgetting to send me a mail. I mean the OP got a mail to transfer to SEA despite living in the UK and I have already seen people that live in Australia or New Zealand posting here that they didn't get any mail about the server transfer.

I live in the Netherlands and I could play on NA East with few problems but ever since they merged the servers the game just feels more laggy and buggy. I would hate to miss out on the transfer because someone at WGA was too lazy to send me an email.

Mondochiwan #66 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 22:13

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13838 battles
  • [BOER] BOER

View PostRaltahook, on Aug 28 2017 - 20:59, said:

says who? They haven't confirmed whether they will do EU transfers and who for.

CynicalDutchie #67 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 22:14

Major

• Players
  • 41895 battles
  • [CYNIC] CYNIC

View PostMondochiwan, on Aug 28 2017 - 22:13, said:

says who? They haven't confirmed whether they will do EU transfers and who for.

In their original FAQ they said it was for people living in Europe and Africa.

Raltahook #68 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 22:18

Corporal

• Players
  • 23791 battles
  • [SRB] SRB

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Aug 28 2017 - 21:14, said:

08.18.17:

Will accounts be transferred or duplicated to another server?
First we will focus on Australia, New Zealand, and Asia looking at players who are physically close to a different server cluster, who now may have too much latency when connected to NA. This will not happen overnight, as some of you have heard from our Customer Service representatives. We promise to take every request seriously — we want to make it happen. Second, we will look at players in EU, Africa, and other remote parts of the world who no longer want to remain on NA. We want you to keep playing no matter the server, so please bear with us.

Termitey #69 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 22:35

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 91047 battles
  • [GOD_Z] GOD_Z

I will never get the Email then 

Dont have that Email address anymore cause i swapped internet companies

Oh well 

Cenotaph #70 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 23:22

Captain

• Beta Testers
  • 9342 battles
  • [DREAM] DREAM

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Aug 15 2017 - 06:31, said:

Impatient little bugger, aren't ya?

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Aug 28 2017 - 12:13, said:

Any word on the server transfers yet?

Didn't take you very long to become impatient either, it seems....

FighterAce #71 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 23:41

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

There is really no point in asking silly questions and overburdening the support team. If they had new info it will probably show up on the portal first, not in your support ticket.

Looks like there are people out there that want a transfer but didn't get the email for whatever reason, so give them a chance to be heard before its too late.

Mondochiwan #72 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 05:40

Sergeant

• Players
  • 13838 battles
  • [BOER] BOER

View PostCynicalDutchie, on Aug 28 2017 - 21:14, said:

They said "we will look at" players living in Europe and Africa. No promises there.

Isofu #73 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 07:03

Corporal

• Players
  • 22495 battles
  • [F-A-T] F-A-T

This was what new South African players were shown when 1st downloading and playing the game.. completely negating the fact of time zones, ping, lag etc. we're UTC +2 (GMT +2) therefore our many South African clans are at a disadvantage as it's tough playing Clan Wars and now even Strongholds as the previous patches moved matches to much later in the evenings.

the Wargaming popup

EnglishBob_ #74 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 08:50

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 5636 battles
I threw a ticket to support .. last day today HURRY Sale is ending   ... never to be repeated   :great:

Edited by EnglishBob_, Aug 29 2017 - 08:51.

Warbaby_Da_Oneshot #75 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 14:36

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 17962 battles
  • [RS] RS

Well this recent news is troubling. Why did I get an APAC region email if I live in the UK?

If the EU transfer comes around and I'm somehow not allowed to transfer due to being somehow "ineligible" I will be [edited]incensed. 

omagmemnon #76 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 19:53

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 32430 battles
  • [PERCH] PERCH

Well I will put my 2 cents in for what it's worth. before merge I could play east coast at 70-85 ms ping and west coast at 45-60ms ping , since merge however I get pings from 85 to 800 ms and I am in Colorado , not that far from the windy city.  so whats up wargamming ?

on the positive side if anyone know the internet address of  the new central server I will run a ping recorder and share with them the results.

I like the game but it has become unplayable most of the day for me now, guess it's back to EVE-Online if it does not get better.  :-(

Raltahook #77 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 20:46

Corporal

• Players
  • 23791 battles
  • [SRB] SRB

Anyone in Asia transfered yet?

TheCrewleader5 #78 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 12:23

Private

• Players
  • 18045 battles

I am exactly in the same boat as you OP, currently living in Spain and suffer 170-200 ping.

By when I realized that there is an EU server my account was already quite progressed.

The WG website was not as clear as it is today, which will tell you immediately to change to EU if it detect you in the NA website.

Raltahook #79 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 13:34

Corporal

• Players
  • 23791 battles
  • [SRB] SRB
WG is  too slow on this matter...

FeelMy_APCR #80 Posted Sep 02 2017 - 13:40

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 33262 battles
  • [F0CUS] F0CUS

Server transfer to EU? Oh why in a world would I want to transfer?

I LOVE playing with a ping of ~200 and with 50% packet loss!

Also tagged with Ping, Europe, Server Transfer

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users