How to get yourself on a Winning Stronghold everynight?

• Please log in to reply
8 replies to this topic

Dirizon #1 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 05:44

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

l'm trying to put myself out there more and more, to get into strongholds. My goals are of course to win to gain silver and free EXP,  but also for crew training and this new Caernarvon l am starting as l won't play that tank in randoms. 

l have a PZlV Sch, AC4, T3485M, Cromwell, KV85  for T Vl SH.  l have a 11O, 111, 112, lS6, lS5 for T Vlll SH.  All my tanks at minimum have their 1OO% crews and BlArms fist skill  (l'm slowly retraining 1st skills into snapshot/smoothride/6th/safestowage)  and the heavy tanks have 2-3 skill sets. l possess a mike and headset, use TS3, and speak English. Granted l have made some friends with this BTU organization, there have been some fun games,  but l am really looking to win 6O-75% of games per night  not  5O-55%. l also find it underwhelming and full of inner conflict, playing alongside people not necessarily positioning or engaging properly, to which l'd think people would understand by tier 6-8-X. l understand joining a clan is the best possible way to get involved and immersed, but l doubt l am clan material.

l'm looking for stronghold partys, that at minimum are filling teams 6K+ players, with a drive to win. lt doesn't have to be a sergeant running boot camp, heck no, but l still want a drive to win. For winning means free EXP and silver, and for the clan running it stats and resource.  And by 6K+  l mean teams not named Wonka please. l have had enough of that bunch. 

ff8ff8 #2 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 06:23

Captain

• Players
  • 17796 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
When I'm in a random stronghold, if I see them bring heavy tanks to a tier 6 I leave. If they ever try to camp I'll leave.
That right there will greatly improve your random stronghold win rate, significantly.

WinningWithWarchild #3 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 07:44

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

If you only look for 6K+ players, you are missing out on some really good ones. 

Dirizon #4 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 08:56

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Aug 16 2017 - 02:14, said:

If you only look for 6K+ players, you are missing out on some really good ones. 

lf l look too much for players below 6K,  you tend to meet alot more of the not so good ones.

l do alot of 5K~  simply because l can't find myself a steady team to play. And l join up 5Ks.  3-4K l do not, as these players still have much to learn and don't understand much of map strongpoints  and  mechanics, nevermind advanced teamwork. 

As l said, alot of bunch from BTU are sound fine players, and most hover 5K~  But l am more at home playing alongside more advanced and capable people. 

Dirizon #5 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 09:16

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View Postff8ff8, on Aug 16 2017 - 00:53, said:

When I'm in a random stronghold, if I see them bring heavy tanks to a tier 6 I leave. If they ever try to camp I'll leave.
That right there will greatly improve your random stronghold win rate, significantly.

l wish there was a heavy med,  tier 6. Like T1O  or  FCM5OT.  

VK36 would have been an excellent culprit, but in its med-heavy tech tree transformation, they horribly neutered its HP/T and terrain resistances,  just to give it 3km/hr more top speed it never goes.  VK3OP should be moved as heavy, that could be a sweet solution. And then there are KV85 changes in the Russian heavy tech tree split, that cut top speed by 8km/hr and lowered track traverse 3'  

Tier 6 heavy tanks are otherwise just too slow for Cromwell and Type 64.

WinningWithWarchild #6 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 18:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 4000 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostDirizon, on Aug 16 2017 - 01:56, said:

lf l look too much for players below 6K,  you tend to meet alot more of the not so good ones.

l do alot of 5K~  simply because l can't find myself a steady team to play. And l join up 5Ks.  3-4K l do not, as these players still have much to learn and don't understand much of map strongpoints  and  mechanics, nevermind advanced teamwork. 

As l said, alot of bunch from BTU are sound fine players, and most hover 5K~  But l am more at home playing alongside more advanced and capable people. 

Well, I think I'm around 5K but my number has been creeping upward since I started.  All I know, is that I have been playing on several 6K-7K-8K teams and have been one of the top performers on all of them.  Once in a team, I have yet to be replaced.  It's just getting on some of those teams that's been hard because they see my yellow 5K and think what you think about sub 6K players.  I don't even know what makes up the personal rating, but I know that I get multiple 1st Class and Ace Mastery badges in my T-34-85M every day I play it.  Several of my masteries have come with losses - but every knows that winrates aren't up to individual players ;)

Dirizon #7 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 02:01

Major

• Players
  • 25895 battles
  • [KANTO] KANTO

View PostWinningWithWarchild, on Aug 16 2017 - 12:34, said:

Well, I think I'm around 5K but my number has been creeping upward since I started.  All I know, is that I have been playing on several 6K-7K-8K teams and have been one of the top performers on all of them.  Once in a team, I have yet to be replaced.  It's just getting on some of those teams that's been hard because they see my yellow 5K and think what you think about sub 6K players.  I don't even know what makes up the personal rating, but I know that I get multiple 1st Class and Ace Mastery badges in my T-34-85M every day I play it.  Several of my masteries have come with losses - but every knows that winrates aren't up to individual players 

Well,  there are a few things here.

First of all, not clans don't really call 6-8 stronks serious, to which l have found. Many times its just half a s s and mindless chatter, or people drinking while doing. They rather win in 2-3min, or lose in 2min then again win in 2-3min,  than prolong and win in 7-1Omin.

The Cromwell /Bs and Type 64 meta basically removes some of the skill there is to tanking. When so much is speed and auto aim and no armour,  it pretty much makes clumping and first shots S0 lMP0RTANT. This removes alot of the tactical moves there are, compared to say 8s and Xs. Where armour and aiming matter. Positioning definitely holds an advantage, but positioning is usually used for holding a superior ground and aiming at a disadvantaged enemy, which doesn't work. Because Croms and Type 64 aren't the vehicles to sit and aim at tanks, even if long ranged or hull down. they are basically overpowering flanker / clump tanks, that rush in on stragglers. T3485M is changing this a little, as it can't be auto aimed, and has high DPM itself,  but simply change is slow because of speed loss. 

Don't take 6-8 stronks too seriously. Because they aren't. Even on 7K, 8K+ teams you'll have players doing O  damage. l see it as an average, doing 6-7 hundred tier 6,  1  -  1.25K tier 8  as pretty typical contributory numbers. 

You are also doing well for yourself,  for only 2K games played. Nicely done. 

JakeTheMystic #8 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 10:07

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 17453 battles
  • [O-VER] O-VER

Step 1: Find a group of lemons

Step 2: Give them some heavy tanks

Step 3: Let the enemy make the first mistake

Step 4: Mow down the enemy with big boom cannons

Step 5: Profit?

Dogbeast #9 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 12:40

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 18396 battles
  • [VILIN] VILIN

View PostDirizon, on Aug 16 2017 - 17:01, said:

Well,  there are a few things here.

First of all, not clans don't really call 6-8 stronks serious, to which l have found. Many times its just half a s s and mindless chatter, or people drinking while doing. They rather win in 2-3min, or lose in 2min then again win in 2-3min,  than prolong and win in 7-1Omin.

The Cromwell /Bs and Type 64 meta basically removes some of the skill there is to tanking. When so much is speed and auto aim and no armour,  it pretty much makes clumping and first shots S0 lMP0RTANT. This removes alot of the tactical moves there are, compared to say 8s and Xs. Where armour and aiming matter. Positioning definitely holds an advantage, but positioning is usually used for holding a superior ground and aiming at a disadvantaged enemy, which doesn't work. Because Croms and Type 64 aren't the vehicles to sit and aim at tanks, even if long ranged or hull down. they are basically overpowering flanker / clump tanks, that rush in on stragglers. T3485M is changing this a little, as it can't be auto aimed, and has high DPM itself,  but simply change is slow because of speed loss. 

Don't take 6-8 stronks too seriously. Because they aren't. Even on 7K, 8K+ teams you'll have players doing O  damage. l see it as an average, doing 6-7 hundred tier 6,  1  -  1.25K tier 8  as pretty typical contributory numbers. 

You are also doing well for yourself,  for only 2K games played. Nicely done. 

What's your deal with swapping 0 and O?

It's not because your "o" key is broken, since you obviously use it a ton in normal text.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users