• Please log in to reply
160 replies to this topic

VictoremVicto #141 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 05:56

Corporal

• Players
  • 12791 battles
  • [VIVAZ] VIVAZ

View PostSaffr0n, on Aug 31 2017 - 12:18, said:

... Is this server related? No. You would only see the fluctuation at the last server side hops. If you're using a wireless connection, move closer to your router. I would also perform network maintenance by restarting all your network equipment. If that doesn't resolve it, you'd have to ask your ISP how to stabilize the connection. 

Hey Saffr0n,

Are you telling us that WE, that is, each one of us tankers, HAVE TO ASK the service providers of our Internet Service Providers that they need to stabilize their connections so we could play World of Tanks now that WG.NET decided to change their server location??? Have you even thought for a sec how that sounds??? I mean, companies we don't even have any B2C relation whatsoever??? Quemapueblos stated that YOU'D be the ones doing whats necessary to improve routing by working with your partners such as Level3, Telia, and Comcast...

I, for one, as a resident in Mexico City, am NOT using a wireless connection, have already performed all network maintenance recommendations and LAG IS TERRIBLE at best! Lag that doesn't start with my very own ISP's network (CABLEVISION) but which clearly shows 'packet loss' at other hops and other companies (BESTEL, TRANSTELCO; see image here)... So, you tell me what is WG doing to let other companies know they need to improve routing, but please don't tell me that we have to do the job of somebody else...

I'm willing to help you guys do some scouting in order for you to open an office here in Mexico or maybe even represent WG.NET to some extent to work close with these companies... Heck, I'll do it for free if that's what's needed so I could play my fav game lagless once and for all!

'Nuff said.

billyzbear #142 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 09:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 25805 battles
  • [DRKLN] DRKLN

Yet all we hear is crickets. 

WG, you need to address your players on what is going on with server and if things are going to get better or is this as good as it's going to get?

Krautjaeger #143 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 17:21

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 803 battles
  • [K00KS] K00KS

View PostEd_the_Baker, on Sep 03 2017 - 21:11, said:

View PostEd_the_Baker, on Sep 02 2017 - 14:17, said:

I've been getting this error message for two days now   "The survey is offline for weekly payouts and maintenance. It will be available again later today".

or apparently  not ,...

make that 3 days now...

View Postbillyzbear, on Sep 04 2017 - 09:58, said:

Yet all we hear is crickets. 

WG, you need to address your players on what is going on with server and if things are going to get better or is this as good as it's going to get?

There's something funky going on at WG in general at the moment, both on NA and EU. I've had support tickets that lingers for many days (EU responds within two days tops, NA usually within 24 hours or less), the currency conversion in premium shop on both NA and EU is way off the mark where NA is more expensive for people not using USD and on EU they're losing 5% on each purchase from people outside the Euro-currency zone. Either people are on vacation, or something is messing with their systems, or both.

Nudnick #144 Posted Sep 04 2017 - 20:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 20339 battles

View PostHorst_von_Usedom, on Sep 02 2017 - 21:39, said:

This server merge is an abuse of the North American customers. I can't help but wonder why Wargaming ever called this the NA region anyway when the NA servers were used by everyone in the Western Hemisphere? Now the entire Western Hemisphere is forced to use one server? 

It's pretty obvious that WG has given up on the Western Hemisphere. One server to cover half the world ? Really WG ? How about 3 US, 3 Canada, 2 Mexico,1 Central America, 2 South America, 2 Africa, 2 Australia ? Maybe they would get more western players if they actually promoted and supported the game here.

BaerenGott #145 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 03:04

Major

• Beta Testers
  • 22539 battles
  • [7CR] 7CR

I'm not being whiney or negative.

WG added 25% to 35% latency to my connectivity with this ...idea...

Who exactly thought this was a workable solution?

edit:  just to add insult to injury I noticed today that my latency to the EU server is now as good as to the NA server...or did they just port the EU server to the NA server as well?

Edited by BaerenGott, Sep 05 2017 - 03:09.

ChillZon3 #146 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 17:33

Private

• -Players-
  • 11255 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ
I'm starting to grow impatient. I've lost a lot of premium time because of the merge since i cant play. Im pretty sure i wont get a refund for the last month or so, but atleast switch me!!

CrazySOB187 #147 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 19:41

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17912 battles

WG has time for dumb things like this but adding new maps to game which players having been asking daily for over a year that can t happen sell more tanks making everything HD tanks/maps come on HD maps ( polish a turd its still a turd ) Till you upgrade the hardware running this game its still a turd that looks cheap

READ your dam forums WE WANT NEW MAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by CrazySOB187, Sep 05 2017 - 19:45.

CharlieBtry #148 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 13:17

Corporal

• Players
  • 10105 battles
  • [DIX1E] DIX1E
I can't seem to get this survey to work.  It keeps saying it is down for weekly payouts and will be back up later today.  That later today never comes.  I try multiple times a day.  Any help would be great.

CharlieBtry #149 Posted Sep 07 2017 - 13:25

Corporal

• Players
  • 10105 battles
  • [DIX1E] DIX1E

View PostSaffr0n, on Aug 24 2017 - 17:58, said:

Payouts have been processed. Thank you to everyone that participated. Three (3) days of premium were credited for this week only instead of the one we initially advertised for helping with the Central Server roll out.

The survey has been turned back on so if you haven't completed it please do. 

LINK

Obviously the survey is NOT back on.  I have tried now for days.

Omega_Weapon #150 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 02:21

Captain

• Players
  • 41277 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF

View PostCharlieBtry, on Sep 07 2017 - 07:25, said:

Obviously the survey is NOT back on.  I have tried now for days.

At this point I would assume the survey is done and they are just being lazy about updating the message. Send in a support ticket for a definitive answer.

FieldMarshalGuderian #151 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 14:23

Private

• -Players-
  • 9778 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

sucks sucks sucks

even the stupid nonexistent survey sucks!

Edited by FieldMarshalGuderian, Sep 12 2017 - 00:32.

KingZypher #152 Posted Sep 11 2017 - 01:45

Private

• -Players-
  • 2636 battles
Fix the matchmaker first, I always play bottom tier and always lose credits!

trapsuutjies #153 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 10:15

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 15911 battles
  • [TBM] TBM

View PostKingZypher, on Sep 11 2017 - 02:45, said:

The new matchmaker system, where you have max 3 top tier for three tier games, means that you won't be top tier more than 20% of the time.

Losing credits has to do with how you play, so there's no short answer to that... just survive longer, you'll make more profit :)

Edited by trapsuutjies, Sep 12 2017 - 10:15.

price300395 #154 Posted Sep 12 2017 - 13:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 21136 battles
  • [-GRD-] -GRD-

View PostKingZypher, on Sep 11 2017 - 07:45, said:

Not carry hard enough.

Finger2 #155 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 02:47

Private

• Players
  • 3708 battles
I live in south FL. I had no problems prior to the hurricane "Irma" which happened around the same time as the merger I guess. Now I can only connect to central server or whatever it's called and have LAG. Makes the game unplayable for me. So, I'm out till this is resolved, or ever is. I check every day!

FieldMarshalGuderian #156 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 06:26

Private

• -Players-
  • 9778 battles
  • [ASP] ASP

Disconnected 6 times today, 3 times yesterday. Please do not tell me to check my router, reboot, ping survey, etc, etc, etc... b/c I've done all that & it's time for WG to own up to the problem that the server sucks. I have a wired connection, too. It used to be that one could switch from USE to USW when traffic was high. Now, you're stuck with Central. I can't tell you how many games I've lost, reserves I've wasted & bad relations I've had because the damn game stops in the middle of a battle. I never did see the phantom "survey". WG runaround! 

Attached Thumbnails

Edited by FieldMarshalGuderian, Sep 20 2017 - 06:31.

Mondochiwan #157 Posted Sep 20 2017 - 07:55

Sergeant

• Players
  • 9344 battles
  • [101RM] 101RM
I'm not sure that is WG's fault. I have a pretty crappy connection from South Africa, some 11 000 miles away from the NA central server and my signal has to travel on 3 continents to reach NA Central, and it has NEVER disconnected me. I get really bad ping times (500ms plus at times), lots of packet loss and rubber banding, but even on that terrible connection it has never once disconnected me once I'm logged in and playing. 

Uncle_Cookie #158 Posted Oct 01 2017 - 14:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 9455 battles
  • [GRID] GRID
Survey is down for maintenance at the moment...here's your survey results...the new server is garbage, WG is not going to do anything about it, I've jumped through all their hoops, my ISP laughed at the accusations that it was my service when there was no problem before the move, WG has wasted my the last of the premium time I purchased with real dollars, not credits, I cannot use the premium tanks I purchased with real dollars but through the many many tickets I've submitted nothing is going to be done, it's all the problem with my ISP or equipment or my connection...but I didn't have these problems before the change.

OrnmiIler #159 Posted Oct 03 2017 - 05:34

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 37969 battles

This is what happens when you forget about technical maintenance as a priority number one, and then betray community by phase shift into listening to the freeloading change everything whiner cult, which you freely allowed to be created in Forum.  You (WoT) then prioritize, for no good reason, the change 100% AOK traditional game dynamic of 9.17 with sheer crap 9.18, etcetera, and etcetera.

Now you’re going on the low/cheap side of infrastructure/maintenance because you‘ve chased away many of the former loyal 25% pay/play base, who formerly carried this 75% freeloading riffraff whiner cult and the rest of WoTs assorted schemes to further drive game into the ground.

WoT has shot itself in the head and committed suicide, so good luck with that!

SpearFisher #160 Posted Oct 06 2017 - 07:50

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 25395 battles
  • [AR_15] AR_15

View PostPepino1976, on Aug 16 2017 - 10:05, said:

Give it a break. Read this, especially number 8.

http://www.lifehack....negative-people

This is wrong-headed.  When scores of very talented gamers - people who would very much like to still be playing WoT - leave (and boy, have they), the people who are barely clinging on before leaving (and me - I have been totally gone from WoT since January 2017, only now starting to come back to it to give it another chance) should have a say.

It isn't negativity that kills your little dream-world of happiness.  It's War Gaming's insisting on attracting, and keeping, the worst players.   Last I read, even WG admitted that this was not a good business model as the super-red players don't spend money on the game.  They'd lose next to nothing were they to ban them to tier 4 and under.  Instead, they force sane and normal-IQ people to accept typical AFK pure-red 42% players as top-tiers on our teams.  This is a sure way to drive regular people, let alone talented people, AWAY from what should be a relaxing, or at least enjoyable, past-time.

WG keeps screwing up, and yet your commie mentality is to blame the people who notice it and point it out?  Go screw yourself.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users