server

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

blakyce #21 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 22:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 22488 battles

View Postkupski, on Aug 16 2017 - 09:12, said:

When are you going to create a Central America and South America Server? Since they are basically un regulated, use a plethora of cheat mods and want to type into the chat another language, I find that quite wrong. I for example do not go into Asian or Russian area start speaking English, again, WHEN are you creating servers for that area of the world ?

The server is called NA not US. NA includes Canada (English/French official languages), US and Mexico (Spanish). Let people speak whatever language they want, it doesn't affect you. I would also love to hear how you decided that the cheating is coming from below your border.

fartbucket3000 #22 Posted Aug 16 2017 - 23:03

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 31349 battles
  • [AROMA] AROMA

View Postblakyce, on Aug 16 2017 - 16:58, said:

The server is called NA not US. NA includes Canada (English/French official languages), US and Mexico (Spanish). Let people speak whatever language they want, it doesn't affect you. I would also love to hear how you decided that the cheating is coming from below your border.

alex jones and sean hannity told him.

oldewolfe #23 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 01:18

Captain

• -Players-
  • 11562 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

Was on for a few Games around 7ish PM East Coast Time....      Had a Mid 30's Ping on Central, East was Reading 19, and West was Reading 91 from Md....

Really didn't look at the Central Body Count, but the Teams I had tonight, Bodies were there, Brains were in Short Supply....     lol

Conga2 #24 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 01:40

Private

• Players
  • 35382 battles
It is 7;30 pm central and when I log in ( all day) I do not get an update, just a "failed to connect to server" message.   Something I should know? 

JonnyMarmite #25 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 02:12

Private

• Players
  • 19301 battles
  • [SCTN8] SCTN8
Yeah, same.  Annoying when WG does not communicate.

landedkiller #26 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 03:38

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
well those with problems try uninstalling your mods and deleting your replays saw it helped some folks this morning

LordOfFish #27 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 04:47

Corporal

• Players
  • 15007 battles
  • [LDSH] LDSH

View Post_GeorgePreddy, on Aug 16 2017 - 16:18, said:

It is almost totally dependent on the distance the signal travels based on the speed of light, though.

Disregarding anomalies in the route, a longer distance always results in a higher ping.

Have you seen a network topology map of the United States recently?  :)  You're right, disregarding anomalies in the route, the longer distance is always going to result in a higher ping ... but there are a TON of anomalies everywhere.

Light travels at around 125,000 miles per second in fibre optic cable.  Assuming all network backbones are fibre optic, a signal should theoretically be able to go from NY to LA in about 20 milliseconds.   Most places are closer to Chicago than the distance between NY and LA.  :)  But nobody sees sub-20ms pings, at least to distant Internet servers.   All the rest of the latency you see is from those anomalies - congested networks, bad routers, overloaded filtering/networking software, the fact that your cable modem hasn't been upgraded in 5 years etc.  WG definitely has issues -- but when it comes to networking, it's much more likely that a major node in between WG and you is causing the problem as opposed to a systemic issue at WG itself, at least for things where only a small subset of users is seeing the problem on a consistent basis.

That's why, for example, Australia/New Zealand internet is so bad, yet it's better to NA than SE Asia -- the distance is further to the United States, but the cables running between Australia/New Zealand to the United States have less hops and are fatter than the pipes running to Asia. 

And I'm old enough to remember the days when the Internet connection to Australia was only available through satellite - how does 500+ms ping times sound?  :)

USMCE5 #28 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 00:25

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 36173 battles
  • [-BDB-] -BDB-
so it finally happened wot is loseing a lot of player to go to one server that what happened when you let kids in lol

harryfisch #29 Posted Sep 05 2017 - 20:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 7884 battles

Hi I play WOT from Germany for years now and spend more money for this game than for any before. Untill the Update i played on US East. The ping was about -100 up to 120 absolutly playable. But for weeks now I am automatically send to US central and get about 180 to over 200 ms of ping. You cant play then. Lag is too heavy and your shot before you can react. When will US East be available again? As I read here Central is to replace west and east server? If not  I could only sell my account. Dont think I'd start over again wirh the EU Server an invest another 500 or probably 600 € in this game.

please help!

ChillZon3 #30 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 02:47

Private

• -Players-
  • 11675 battles
  • [SOYUZ] SOYUZ

View Postharryfisch, on Sep 05 2017 - 20:15, said:

Hi I play WOT from Germany for years now and spend more money for this game than for any before. Untill the Update i played on US East. The ping was about -100 up to 120 absolutly playable. But for weeks now I am automatically send to US central and get about 180 to over 200 ms of ping. You cant play then. Lag is too heavy and your shot before you can react. When will US East be available again? As I read here Central is to replace west and east server? If not  I could only sell my account. Dont think I'd start over again wirh the EU Server an invest another 500 or probably 600 € in this game.

please help!

they will offer a EU transfer. we have to be patient until further notice, but i belive it will be before christmas.

tankdestroyer3499 #31 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 16:30

Private

• Players
  • 21923 battles
  • [AO] AO

View Postpickpocket293, on Aug 16 2017 - 15:47, said:

I suspected they would do it this way... Bring up US Central, while leaving things normal on east and west. Make sure Central is working properly and running smoothly, then shut down east and west. This way there is no down time and if there are bugs it's not the end of the world.

I honestly hope they dont get rid of the central server and keep the east and west servers because i had better performance on the west server when i live on the eastern part of canada(30 min drive from NY state) than I do now with the central server... I also know it's not my internet because my internet gets 11-24 ping, 20-30mb/s down and 10-15mb/s up, so when my i game ping goes to 500+ms from 30-50 and my fps goes from 60fps to 2 fps for no reason there's something majorly wrong with the server.

Edited by tankdestroyer3499, Sep 08 2017 - 16:32.

tankdestroyer3499 #32 Posted Sep 08 2017 - 16:52

Private

• Players
  • 21923 battles
  • [AO] AO

View Post93anthracite, on Aug 16 2017 - 16:08, said:

For the people that are complaining that there are now three servers, you clearly don't work in IT.  I don't work for WG, but this method is smart AND MAKES SURE YOU CAN STILL PLAY THE DAMN GAME.  You bring up Central, make sure it's stable, and get people on there.  Once stability of Central matches the others, you phase out the others.

In your mind, you want them to take down two servers and immediately push them all into a single server that has not proven it can support the load (because no amount of testing can guarantee that).  If something goes wrong in that scenario, it means the entire player base is unable to play while they sort it out.  THAT would be a bad idea, not what they are doing now...

View Postsixdonuts, on Aug 16 2017 - 21:22, said:

The_World is correct - WG has a good plan here and is trying to make MM better so not sure why people are whining. Also, distance and bandwidth do NOT determine latency. Latency is determined by how many hops the packets need to take to get routed to and from the WG servers. The more devices that touch your packets the higher your latency. When connecting to Europe or Asia your packets unfortunately will generally touch many more devices due to inefficient routing between ISPs NOT because of the distance itself.

The sad thing is this server has greatly reduced the MM skill level and has made teams highly unbalanced not to mention the server has way worse performance for A LOT of people including me. I know it's not on my end because i test my internet ping and speed every half an hour to a hour and when my internet ping is 10-25ms, im getting 20-25mb/s down and 10-15mb/s up but my game constantly has random ping spikes from 30-50ms to over 500ms and random fps drops from 50-60fps to 2-5fps for no reason the server has something majorly wrong with it. It also seems everything Wargaming thinks will help the game seems to have the adverse effect

Also tagged with server

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users