server merge na central ping complainers bad problems impatient vent get real

• Please log in to reply
79 replies to this topic

TheRussianMonster #1 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 06:30

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1374 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY

Sorry guys I gotta vent. I can't take all the negativity anymore!

Please, please stop complaining and think before you say the server merge is "so bad"! It is actually a GOOD THING! So ping goes up by 10 - 15ms. So what? ms stands for MILLISECONDS. Only 10/1000 - 15/1000 of a second! That's nothing and you will not notice it. It will result in waaaayyy better MM. 

As for the people saying ping jumped through the roof or their game is now unplayable so "they quit forever", that sounds like a routing problem or an optimization problem, not a distance problem. Try to be patient! It keeps you from throwing in the towel on a new server not even 24 hours old lol. Good god man show some patience. They will fix it.

This game is fantastic, and is not dying. I joined in 2013 when their were usually around 4k players online on NA West. 2017 (yesterday before the merge) still around 4k players online NA West. The sky hasn't fallen. I havn't personally seen a huge drop in player count like some claim.

In short I would say the good old "glass half empty or full" analogy, but in reality people are crying about the glass that's 10% empty but still 90% full lol.

PS. I love the merge Wargaming, NA Central is a fantastic idea.

Edited by TheRussianMonster, Aug 17 2017 - 08:03.

Bradley_Martyn #2 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 06:33

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 11623 battles
  • [-G-] -G-
What's a compainer?

TheRussianMonster #3 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 06:35

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1374 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY

View PostCN_Minus, on Aug 17 2017 - 06:33, said:

What's a compainer?

Lol good point. I tried to type too fast :facepalm:

FarGloom #4 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:10

Corporal

• Players
  • 11966 battles
  • [25CDN] 25CDN

View PostTheRussianMonster, on Aug 16 2017 - 23:30, said:

Please, please stop complaining and shut up about the server merge being "so bad"! It is actually a GOOD THING! So ping goes up by 10 - 15ms. So what? ms stands for MILLISECONDS. Only 10/1000 - 15/1000 of a second! That's nothing and you will not notice it. It will result in waaaayyy better MM. 

As for the people saying ping jumped through the roof or their game is now unplayable so "they quit forever", that sounds like a routing problem or an optimization problem, not a distance problem. Develop this sweet little quality called patience. It keeps you from throwing in the towel on a new server not even 24 hours old lol. Good god man show some patience. They will fix it.

This game is fantastic, and is not dying. I joined in 2013 when their were usually around 4k players online on NA West. 2017 (yesterday before the merge) still around 4k players online NA West. The sky hasn't fallen. 

In short I would say the good old "glass half empty or full" analogy, but in reality you morons are crying about the glass that's 10% empty but still 90% full lol.

Hopefully this will put some positivity into you who like to moan and complain, but I know it will probably just be ignored due to your rotten personality traits.

PS. I love the merge Wargaming, NA Central is a fantastic idea.

I gotta vent too, I been here since 2011. The servers were far more packed back then than they are now. This new server merge is more east coast than central. NA WEST has always had the lesser amount of players, NA EAST had back then 2-3 times more players than the other server ever did. Whilst I never had any real issues with ping on either server before or after, I do now have issues with not being able to chat with my clan. I get out of 1 game and get a lag spike out of battle and I have to reboot the game if I want to chat with my clan. I say bring back the old servers!

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #5 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:14

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4054 battles
One thing you didn't consider: at a certain time of night, us adults can play with adults because all the kids are in bed. Now? in random play we will ALWAYS play with kids...no teamwork, camping, run and gunning, no strategy at all. 

Up until the merge I was at a 45% win rate.....now? I bet I didn't win 5 rounds out of 50.....In addition, I usually game out ahead per night by about 100K coins, today? I'm down 200K.....

I was JUST this afternoon going to buy a premium account for a year, now? NFW....if this keeps up WOT wont' ever get dime one out of me.....

The worst part? You join a group going in one direction....hey, maybe I finally found some people who have an idea what teamwork is....running along running along hey, where'd everybody go? bamn I'm dead because I ran into 5 enemies...where'd they go? They stopped behind a rock and are shooting off into the rhubarb......

Bet the admins at WOT didn't consider THAT

(btw, I have also noticed a 100% increase in capture the flag type rounds....used to be I'd get one or two a night, now? every second one........

Thanks WOT...I had fun for the past 11 weeks..........I'm going to give this another week...if it continues? I'm off like a dangling appendage.....

TheRussianMonster #6 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:24

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1374 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY

View PostFarGloom, on Aug 17 2017 - 07:10, said:

I gotta vent too, I been here since 2011. The servers were far more packed back then than they are now. This new server merge is more east coast than central. NA WEST has always had the lesser amount of players, NA EAST had back then 2-3 times more players than the other server ever did. Whilst I never had any real issues with ping on either server before or after, I do now have issues with not being able to chat with my clan. I get out of 1 game and get a lag spike out of battle and I have to reboot the game if I want to chat with my clan. I say bring back the old servers!

Or... you could give them a moment or two to work out the kinks? It hasn't even been 24 hours since it went live man. 

TheRussianMonster #7 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1374 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY

View PostMichael_Cochrane_2017, on Aug 17 2017 - 07:14, said:

One thing you didn't consider: at a certain time of night, us adults can play with adults because all the kids are in bed. Now? in random play we will ALWAYS play with kids...no teamwork, camping, run and gunning, no strategy at all. 

Up until the merge I was at a 45% win rate.....now? I bet I didn't win 5 rounds out of 50.....In addition, I usually game out ahead per night by about 100K coins, today? I'm down 200K.....

I was JUST this afternoon going to buy a premium account for a year, now? NFW....if this keeps up WOT wont' ever get dime one out of me.....

The worst part? You join a group going in one direction....hey, maybe I finally found some people who have an idea what teamwork is....running along running along hey, where'd everybody go? bamn I'm dead because I ran into 5 enemies...where'd they go? They stopped behind a rock and are shooting off into the rhubarb......

(btw, I have also noticed a 100% increase in capture the flag type rounds....used to be I'd get one or two a night, now? every second one........

Thanks WOT...I had fun for the past 11 weeks..........I'm going to give this another week...if it continues? I'm off like a dangling appendage.....

Just sounds like bad luck friend.

First off, there arn't alot of "kiddies" playing this game.  Consider this quote, "Wargaming CEO Victor Kislyi himself was up front about the audience World of Tanks has intentionally captured.

"The game was targeted to a slightly older male audience," he said. "Older guys, who usually have a family, work, and [have] an extra couple of dollars in their pocket for their favorite game but don't have that much time. Plus it's a little slower than your typical shooter or Dota-style game. So you don't have to be clicking 70 times per second to be good at World of Tanks. It's slower, it's...OK, manly. It's historic, it's metal, it's scary in a good sense, and it's photorealistic. There aren’t many photorealistic, really cinematic-looking games in esports. Most of them are cartoonish. (https://www.gamespot.com/articles/why-world-of-tanks-is-wildly-popular-and-no-one-se/1100-6444022/)

Sometime's teams just aren't very good. However its true that the "looser" team has an equal chance of being the opposing team as it does of being your own team. This is true for any online video game, or any competition for that matter. In order for someone to win, someone must loose (draws excluded). Just focus on helping when you can, and remember the matchmaking will balance itself out. Some battles the team may fail you, sure, however other battles the team may carry you even if you don't do anything to help.

PS. I would really recommend you watch a you-tube video or something to learn how the spotting mechanic works in WoT. I think that will help your experience, and help you to understand why sometimes your team stops to hide in a bush.

bunnycaulk #8 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:58

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1178 battles

View PostTheRussianMonster, on Aug 17 2017 - 06:30, said:

Please, please stop complaining and shut up about the server merge being "so bad"! It is actually a GOOD THING! So ping goes up by 10 - 15ms.

aits.

I agree!!!!1!!1

It's good to see a positive post.  Usually only the negative people are in the forum, compaining bitterly.

TheRussianMonster #9 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:00

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1374 battles
  • [DEFY] DEFY

View Postbunnycaulk, on Aug 17 2017 - 07:58, said:

I agree!!!!1!!1

It's good to see a positive post.  Usually only the negative people are in the forum, compaining bitterly.

However man, even though I was trying to be positive I was also too harsh. I apologize for that, gonna edit my post a bit to take the edge off.

Augustus_GoldNoob_Sohn #10 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:26

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 1324 battles
  • [WCTNT] WCTNT

View PostTheRussianMonster, on Aug 16 2017 - 23:00, said:

However man, even though I was trying to be positive I was also too harsh. I apologize for that, gonna edit my post a bit to take the edge off.

It is difficult rhetorically to make a post about negativity and complaining without then becoming a complainer. I totally get it.

And I agree. There is a lot of hyper-reaction around here that I have been surprised by, coming over from Blitz. Blitz is the "red-headed step-child, land of misfit toys" of Wargaming(even compared to the "console peasants"), and I am a frequent poster on their forums. I figured coming over to PC and being part of the "elite" version of the game would allow me a vision into the "high society" of their forums. 

Lol. Just -LOL. It's just a s bad here, the negativity.

UTurnTerminator #11 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:01

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6826 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

Negativity in the WOT forums, say it ain't so! :teethhappy:

In all seriousness, I wholeheartedly agree OP.

SlapStixs #12 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 17282 battles

"Please, please stop complaining and think before you say the server merge is "so bad"! "

Are you for real?  I just lost a ping that was in the 20- 30's - to a ping that is 90 - 100's so yes i'm complaining- WoT just lost me and my $$$$$$$$$

Edited by SlapStixs, Aug 17 2017 - 09:05.

Redwave11 #13 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:06

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16310 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

View PostSlapStixs, on Aug 17 2017 - 18:02, said:

"Please, please stop complaining and think before you say the server merge is "so bad"! "

Are you for real?  I just lost a ping that was in the 20- 30's - to a ping that is 90 - 100's so yes i'm complaining- WoT just lost $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

I really hope you can manage all that latency.....

I don't know how people have even above 500wn8 with more than 60ms

dexatrin82 #14 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 10:22

Sergeant

• Players
  • 17201 battles
  • [AR-PA] AR-PA

View PostRedwave11, on Aug 17 2017 - 09:06, said:

I love the sarcasm, I used to play with 120+  now I barely ever see above 17 ms, Niagara region Canada is soo close to Chicago it's awesome.

Blackstone #15 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 13:21

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 8411 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostSlapStixs, on Aug 17 2017 - 03:02, said:

Are you for real?  I just lost a ping that was in the 20- 30's - to a ping that is 90 - 100's so yes i'm complaining- WoT just lost me and my $$$$$$$$$

You consider 90-100 ms "high ping"? That's like a blink of an eye!

"OMG! MY PING SHOT UP TO 90 MS! GAME IS UNPLAYABLE! RAAAAGH!"

Get a grip.

Edited by Blackstone, Aug 17 2017 - 13:32.

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #16 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 17:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4054 battles

View PostBlackstone, on Aug 17 2017 - 13:21, said:

You consider 90-100 ms "high ping"? That's like a blink of an eye!

"OMG! MY PING SHOT UP TO 90 MS! GAME IS UNPLAYABLE! RAAAAGH!"

Get a grip.

well, considering the game pace a lot can happen in the "blink of an eye" it is a lot.....

Now I have a 50 mbps net service, but I used to play America's Army and would die quick and score crap. I got a buddy into it, he got his live in gf and her two kids....they all surpassed my score in a couple of months....We did a test. he called me on the phone and we went to a vacant map....know what I found out? I was playing 3 to 5 seconds...that's right, FIVE seconds behind everyone else....not much right? yeah....ok......how we discovered it was he was standing...I fired 30 rounds into him...he vanished, appeared 10 feet to my right and killed me with one shot. He said "how the hell did you even get ANY kills"???

Michael_Cochrane_2017 #17 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 17:39

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 4054 battles

View PostAugustus_GoldNoob_Sohn, on Aug 17 2017 - 08:26, said:

It is difficult rhetorically to make a post about negativity and complaining without then becoming a complainer. I totally get it.

And I agree. There is a lot of hyper-reaction around here that I have been surprised by, coming over from Blitz. Blitz is the "red-headed step-child, land of misfit toys" of Wargaming(even compared to the "console peasants"), and I am a frequent poster on their forums. I figured coming over to PC and being part of the "elite" version of the game would allow me a vision into the "high society" of their forums. 

Lol. Just -LOL. It's just a s bad here, the negativity.

haha, I thought of this this morning....hey wait, he's complaining about people complaining......lol.....oh the irony.

One of the things about "working out the bugs"....ahem....I like to make comparisons to the car industry because most people car relate.

If you bought a new car, after a week noticed it hesitating and running rough....take it in to the dealer and complain, and they come back with "we're working on it, we'll work the bugs out eventually"....? would you be happy?

If you don't know what will happen when you make a move like this, seriously, you should find another business to be in.....

InfraredSniper #18 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 18:00

Sergeant

• Players
  • 23921 battles
  • [BEANS] BEANS

View PostRedwave11, on Aug 17 2017 - 00:06, said:

I agree. I get 300 ping on NA (around 1100 WN8 overall 1750 Recent by the way) and I also get 300 ping on EU. NA is on the decline and there isn't anything people can argue against that. Look how tournaments have disappeared. On EU they have tournaments EVERY day and with SO much more people. EU is the way to go in my opinion.

Taggeth #19 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 18:11

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 10666 battles
  • [FRAY] FRAY

View PostMichael_Cochrane_2017, on Aug 17 2017 - 00:14, said:

Bye.

Darkbee2Bee #20 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 18:13

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-
Some people are not happy unless they're miserable.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users