Recent changes. IE combining servers. It's the worse thing WG has done in a long time

16 replies to this topic

RaneCrow #1 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:40

Private

• -Players-
  • 8051 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH
I hope these forms are checked by WG employees that actually care about thier players. Today the recent patch came through coming US servers. With the "tweaks" applied to the MM ( btw you had it right the first patch, since it just gets worse) and the combining of the serves it had made WoT almost unplayable. I'm a decent tanker who spends a little money on good each paycheck for the free xp conversion. But tonight was absolutely the worst time I've ever had playing WoT. The matchups were so one sided myself and my entire class of 98 players had a loss ratio of 4 to 1 on average. It's absolutely atrocious. We haven't had such a bad time playing ever. If the matchups, auto rigged games (and yes we know about that), and overall poor playing experience wasn't enough. Anytime we were actually having a decent game the lag spikes would get us killed. My clan as well as 13 others that we associate with are almost to the point of quitting all together. I think everyone has been patient enough but all WG seems to be about to do is make things worse. One last thing, combining servers to 

rich73 #2 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:43

Major

• Players
  • 43007 battles
Nope..I think its the best..Where I was waiting in que for over a minute many games,averaging tier 8,now there is practically no wait .Having played west server ,my ping has only gone up a bit.This is a great move by WG considering the population.

Edited by rich73, Aug 17 2017 - 07:43.

rokinamerica #3 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:46

Major

• Players
  • 4741 battles

You are not a decent tanker, you border on bot stats. Go to the newcomers forum, or the guides on YouTube and learn the mechanics. I am not a decent tanker and can win at least half my games. As STYX sang, 

Noivy #4 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:55

Captain

• Players
  • 29432 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

oh boy time to explode again.

I played on NA west with 30-40 and now that it is finally combined in a central location as they were originally I have 60-70. That's perfectly fine. Stop thinking that you're speaking for everyone. Because you're expressly mentioning that this is based on your own god damn experience I'll even highlight it.

View PostRaneCrow, on Aug 16 2017 - 23:39, said:

I hope these forms are checked by WG employees that actually care about thier players. Today the recent patch came through coming US servers. With the "tweaks" applied to the MM ( btw you had it right the first patch, since it just gets worse) and the combining of the serves it had made WoT almost unplayable. I'm a decent tanker who spends a little money on good each paycheck for the free xp conversion. But tonight was absolutely the worst time I've ever had playing WoT. The matchups were so one sided myself and my entire class of 98 players had a loss ratio of 4 to 1 on average. It's absolutely atrocious. We haven't had such a bad time playing ever. If the matchups, auto rigged games (and yes we know about that), and overall poor playing experience wasn't enough. Anytime we were actually having a decent game the lag spikes would get us killed. My clan as well as 13 others that we associate with are almost to the point of quitting all together. I think everyone has been patient enough but all WG seems to be about to do is make things worse. One last thing, combining servers to save the company money does not show loyalty to your players. Without your players you have no company. Please start listening to us or in afraid you will not make it to a 20th anniversary.

That's all you. All you. Not anyone or everyone else. Just you. Zip it with this anti wargaming crusade, it's got really old and frankly you should stop playing. Do the rest of us a bloody favor.

Also, "decent tanker". Laughable.

Redwave11 #5 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 07:59

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16147 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

were there any matchmaker changes? Correct me if i am wrong but, i didn't think there were any

but i also didn't know about the auto rigged games so i could be missing information :P

Edited by Redwave11, Aug 17 2017 - 08:00.

ChickenThighSamurai #6 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:04

Sergeant

• Players
  • 11809 battles
  • [DIMBO] DIMBO

Have to agree with Noivy, not just because of the clan.

I like what WG is doing, at least in the sense that it's a step up from the disaster that came a few months ago. They're giving us A. New tank content B. New maps and game modes C. a less confusing server set up D. uniformed CW (which is important imo) and E. going in a positive direction...

You notice they're listening to us more now than they had been in the past? The batchat is a great example lol. You saying that you don't like the server merge and complaining about MM (I mean really wth, it's a problem and it has been for a long time, so suck it up. At least they're CHANGING it because they LISTENED to player complaints) is just jumping on the negative bandwagon. If you want a game that truly embodies what you are saying go to WarThunder because Gajin couldn't give a dang xD

Cenotaph #7 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:11

Captain

• Players
  • 9305 battles

Gonna pull this from your duplicate thread...

View PostCenotaph, on Aug 16 2017 - 23:10, said:

Look, I'm all for an anti-WG crusade... but you need to get your target straight.

WGNA doesn't program the game, or make any decisions... they do what the Minsk office tell them to, and usually they do it poorly.

johnmadara #8 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:18

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles

View PostRaneCrow, on Aug 17 2017 - 06:40, said:

auto rigged games (and yes we know about that)

jesus christ

Redwave11 #9 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:21

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 16147 battles
  • [FD_UP] FD_UP

View Postjohnmadara, on Aug 17 2017 - 17:18, said:

View PostRaneCrow, on Aug 17 2017 - 06:40, said:

auto rigged games (and yes we know about that)

jesus christ

i don't think even jesus can fix that much stupid

kebab6597 #10 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:41

Major

• Players
  • 52083 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY

OP you claim to be a decent player your stats say otherwise not to put too fine a point on it but your below average, so ofcourse any team with a large number of players like yourself is going to be at a disadvantage, how about instead of blaming anything and everything for your shoddy performance you take a step back and and take a long hard look at your own contribution to each game see where the problem truly is then try to improve your performance 

UTurnTerminator #11 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 08:54

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 6821 battles
  • [RGS-V] RGS-V

Is it really so hard to stand up and say "Boy, I sure do suck at this tank game!" these days? I'm a terrible player, but I'm working towards getting better all the time. I'm not sitting here on the forums complaining that the game is "rigged" against me. How will I ever get better if I'm not able to own up to my own shortcomings?

"Auto-rigged games"... what a ridiculous notion.

The only piece of the post I can agree with is the lag spikes that have been ongoing for the last few months which have at times made playing challenging. Wargaming also said to expect higher latency on the Central Server as they work to optimize it. The best advice I can offer to you OP is to step back for a couple weeks, and then see if the lag has better stabilized for you that way.

As for the rest of that, it's between you and RNGesus to sort out... :harp:

ShutUp_Karl #12 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:07

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 22310 battles
  • [-1NA-] -1NA-
:bajan::popcorn::facepalm:

TarawaTanker #13 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:24

Private

• -Players-
  • 942 battles
  • [-HELL] -HELL
I really haven't noticed much difference except that during the evening hours I haven't been getting lag Like I have been getting the past month.  I'm ok with it so far.

Mercer_Keel #14 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 09:28

Major

• Players
  • 36003 battles
  • [LTD] LTD

GaussDeath #15 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 11:46

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 49937 battles
  • [PACNW] PACNW
While I am sure there are going to be some hiccups regarding combining the servers for the most part I see this as a good move. 
NA West didn't have the population to be sustainable with the changes to MM and the 30vs30 battles on the horizon. If they had just shut it down (forcing everyone to go to NA East) there would have a major uproar.
As it stands, from what I have seen, the majority of people from NW West only have a 20ms uptick in ping while there does not appear to be much impact for the folks from NA East. 

Additionally, the NA East/West servers were old and needed updating. This is a good way to do it. 

HardYakka_ #16 Posted Aug 17 2017 - 12:07

Corporal

• Players
  • 41040 battles
Making a Central Server wont keep the Mexicans out Don. You will have to come up with a better wall.

todd1on1rig #17 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 04:16

Private

• Beta Testers
  • 20402 battles
  • [-LDS-] -LDS-

The game is de evolving becoming med tank only empire!!!

I believe the problem lies in the match maker program you need like ten straight losses to get a decent game. if the goal is to destroy long standing players well it working.

you buy a gold tank and ah good matches for a little while them bang not working at all except a few I have dang near all of them from day one..

Combined  servers at least you could swap servers to find better odds this game is getting to predicable less skill less strat less fun.

Plus angry players non stop every game complaining.

grinding a loosing fight all day is no fun period

hardware wise ok for now but fun is going bye bye

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users