maps teamtraining

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

Gecku #1 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 12:42

Corporal

• Players
  • 8206 battles

Hello fellow tankers! 

Now as all of you know, there has been a number of maps removed from WoT's map rotation for various reasons, from unbalanced game play to who knows what else.  This is all well and good,  but what if there was a way to still play these maps when you wanted to bring back some memories or if your a new player..  to see a map you've never experienced?     This way i speak of is team training rooms!    You see my friends..  Since  most ttr's are minigames and "chill" rooms why would it matter if the maps available were unbalanced?  The short version of my purposal is, can we please have the old maps in the team training mode?   and when i say old maps.. i mean the ones we could play before, not the special event maps such as the moon map and the more recent 100th anniversary of the tank map.  I'm more talking the speed of maps such as,  Dragon Ridge, Hidden Village, Komarin, Northwest, Pearl River, Port, Province, Ruinburg on fire, Severogorsk, and South coast.      

What are your thoughts?   Or suggestions?

Edited by WhitePegasus1, Aug 19 2017 - 12:44.

Omega_Weapon #2 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 13:18

Captain

• Players
  • 40546 battles
  • [GRIEF] GRIEF
Sounds good to me. Problem is if more people see and experience these maps, Wargaming will have to deal with increasing demands to have them reinstated. Wargaming would prefer it if they were just forgotten to history.

FeelMy_APCR #3 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 13:38

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 29484 battles
  • [BRVE] BRVE
I think we can live without Ruinberg on Fire, but I agree about the rest.

Projekt101 #4 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 15:37

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 80 battles

View PostFeelMy_APCR, on Aug 19 2017 - 13:38, said:

I think we can live without Ruinberg on Fire, but I agree about the rest.

I think we can do without any map that is just a copy of another map on fire.

Or covered in snow.

I can hardly wait for Paris in Springtime and Paris in Autumn. /not

Sensei_101 #5 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 16:32

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 12878 battles

I haven't played long enough to experience many of the maps that were removed before Pearl River and South Coast. 

I actually thought they removed maps because they were making BETTER maps.

How naive, PARIS, proof positive that BETTER is relative.

Ironclad73 #6 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 18:01

Major

• -Players-
  • 17315 battles
  • [DHO6] DHO6

View PostOmega_Weapon, on Aug 19 2017 - 04:18, said:

Sounds good to me. Problem is if more people see and experience these maps, Wargaming will have to deal with increasing demands to have them reinstated. Wargaming would prefer it if they were just forgotten to history.

Very true, newer players would find that some of those maps are much better than the newer ones.

View PostSensei_101, on Aug 19 2017 - 07:32, said:

I haven't played long enough to experience many of the maps that were removed before Pearl River and South Coast. 

I actually thought they removed maps because they were making BETTER maps.

How naive, PARIS, proof positive that BETTER is relative.

I can't think of a single map that has come out in the last 2 - 3 years that is as good as some of those removed.  They need to go back to making maps like the original maps. Even if one side has a slight higher winrate than the other side, by law of averages you are going to get both sides the same amount over the long haul and it is usually the team that dictates who will win anyway.

Good though OP, but would rather they just put some of them back in or quit making crap corridor maps.

SP5Tony #7 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 04:16

Private

• -Players-
  • 14663 battles

I loved "Province".

It had character.

You could really work the map to your tanks strengths.

Love to see it return!

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users