Sheridan derp buff

• Please log in to reply
33 replies to this topic

Party_Iike_an_Arty #21 Posted Aug 19 2017 - 18:19

Sergeant

• -Players-
  • 2072 battles

View Postterminator2114, on Aug 19 2017 - 15:22, said:

they need to revert arty to the way it was because all it does is target light tanks now and now we have far too much camping

I don't even bother with lights anymore (unless they're an immediate threat), I mostly just look for big, hulking heavies and TD's, and the occasional arty to counter anymore.

HALFDEADKILLER #22 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 09:22

Private

• Players
  • 32328 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH
the Sheridan needs a MAJOR DERP BUFF, less pen than a 105mm German light HE round, tier 10 gun, that's fine, goes for tier 8 maybe tier 6 damage. T49 derp can stay the same if need be, but would be great if kept the same.

Edited by HALFDEADKILLER, Sep 13 2017 - 09:23.

HALFDEADKILLER #23 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 09:32

Private

• Players
  • 32328 battles
  • [56TH] 56TH

View PostProjekt101, on Aug 19 2017 - 14:32, said:

All arty does is target light tanks?

I know some KV-4, Churchill III, and KV-2 drivers that would disagree. :D

And don't forget those poor bastards piloting the HMS TOG II around the battlefield.:arta:

​tier 6 really and a tier 5, and KV 4 a tier 8, hey, we talking about tier 10s, not a low tier battle, get ur head out of ur butt bro.

Ripping #24 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 14:44

Captain

• Players
  • 18135 battles
  • [MOGS] MOGS

View PostToxicity73, on Aug 19 2017 - 17:36, said:

This isnt grammar school and we are not writing a thesis, so let it go already. But let me ask you something,"What is like being so freaking perfect?". Must be real lonely and real boring.

Don't you worry about you being prefect, never gonna happen :P

RC_1140 #25 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 15:00

Captain

• Players
  • 53758 battles
  • [-NHL-] -NHL-
It sounds like you want a light with a td gun. Currently with the derp it just needs to hit to do some damage, or miss near lightly armored targets. But you want it to pen a majority of tier 10's frontally? You could try the grille, it's fast with a 150mm gun that has better pen than the Sheridan. But a tank that goes 65 with 420 base view range and keeps its camo on the move isn't going to get a 152mm gun that can pen heavies from the front. Unless they make it a tier 8 premium. 

Markd73 #26 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:57

Major

• Players
  • 28826 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View Postterminator2114, on Aug 19 2017 - 14:16, said:

Currently the sheridan derp is the worst fun to have on a t10 lt, 76 pen used to be ok on the t49 but not anymore, you have a 0 percent chance of penning the other t10 lts except the rhm and the 105. Heat rouds are also completely useless because 152 pen cant pen anything. They definately need to do something to help this tank out dpm the other light tanks

I am not sure you understand how the HE mechanic works for large caliber guns. You don't necessarily have to "pen" like an AP round to do damage.

Markd73 #27 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:58

Major

• Players
  • 28826 battles
  • [AOS] AOS

View PostToxicity73, on Aug 19 2017 - 16:36, said:

This isnt grammar school and we are not writing a thesis, so let it go already. But let me ask you something,"What is like being so freaking perfect?". Must be real lonely and real boring.

isn't not isnt

strYker555 #28 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 17:33

Captain

• Players
  • 33071 battles
So OP, doing 360hp damage in a non pen hit isn't enough for you? Usually when 152mm HE hits my Patton it doesent pen but it still hurts like a [edited]with module and crew damage.

RedBaronK #29 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 20:11

Major

• Players
  • 36183 battles
  • [MAIDS] MAIDS
Yeah derp buff isn't gonna happen... So how about something reasonable like a physics improvement with the center of gravity, so that my tank doesn't feel like super Mario kart and I fear turning over when making sharp turns?

leeuniverse #30 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 03:10

Major

• Players
  • 29137 battles
  • [LAMP] LAMP

My problems with the Sheridan....

1. Fracking "Physics".....  I like the maneuverability, but the physics make the tank uncontrollable.

REMOVE the crap physics Wargaming that you added 2 whatever years ago, which only made the game WORSE, (making all tanks slower, lights/meds uncontrollable (then you nerf maneuverability to make them more controllable RIP Batchat, which is now ship) the constant flipping over, the driving up onto objects like a rock when you're maneuvering, thus throwing you out of position, etc.)  There is absolutely ZERO good about the Physics change you made to the game, except to make some people be able to climb some, which you apparently don't even want us to do, so get a clue!

2.Cut Bloom in HALF (or at least by 1/3).  I hate the constant missing of tanks on drive-by shots.  BTW, the above also makes the bloom worse.  

It's unacceptable that the "Actual Aim-Time" of this tank is LONGER than any Arty of the game.  They can shoot you first!

Do this, and the tank will be just right.  Some other things I might like, but adding them would likely make it OP.

Gnevsie #31 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 10:42

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 1930 battles

View Postleeuniverse, on Sep 14 2017 - 03:10, said:

My problems with the Sheridan....

1. Fracking "Physics".....  I like the maneuverability, but the physics make the tank uncontrollable.

REMOVE the crap physics Wargaming that you added 2 whatever years ago, which only made the game WORSE, (making all tanks slower, lights/meds uncontrollable (then you nerf maneuverability to make them more controllable RIP Batchat, which is now ship) the constant flipping over, the driving up onto objects like a rock when you're maneuvering, thus throwing you out of position, etc.)  There is absolutely ZERO good about the Physics change you made to the game, except to make some people be able to climb some, which you apparently don't even want us to do, so get a clue!

2.Cut Bloom in HALF (or at least by 1/3).  I hate the constant missing of tanks on drive-by shots.  BTW, the above also makes the bloom worse.  

It's unacceptable that the "Actual Aim-Time" of this tank is LONGER than any Arty of the game.  They can shoot you first!

Do this, and the tank will be just right.  Some other things I might like, but adding them would likely make it OP.

Uhm, no? - no to both options actually.

The physics are fine, utterly fine. They make the gameplay far more amusing at times and interesting. Such as https://clips.twitch...lessCougarFloof
Plus, being able to handbrake turn is pretty useful - no longer do we have tanks on rails, magically stuck to the ground, it also makes sure light tank drivers can't just ignore the terrain an pelt it at full throttle everywhere ( They still can to a degree, just gotta keep an eye out for them unexpected jumps! ) They actually have to think about the terrain.

The bloom is fine for the Sherry - after-all, it's a small light tank with a 152mm cannon strapped to it, it wont be pinpoint accurate on the move and we have to balance it in some manner, unless we want every tank in the game to be orbital cannons strapped to tracks with cloaking devices ... fu Strv's = 3= Fu.

As for the OP, learn to this one very complex trick, so complex it boggles the minds of the average player ... go around them an flank? 

vvav #32 Posted Sep 14 2017 - 13:59

Corporal

• Players
  • 13719 battles
  • [SMOK3] SMOK3
The penetration on the derp is fine. It just needs better soft stats so that the gun isn't complete RNG. It makes sense why the derp isn't accurate on the move, but the real problem is the turret bloom on turning the turret. You can be sitting there completely still and slightly turn the turret, and suddenly your bloom is the size of the screen. That just makes the gun worthless. No reason to use it, especially if the 105mm gets buffed.

Edited by vvav, Sep 14 2017 - 14:00.

Gryphon_ #33 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 05:57

Captain

• WGLNA Bronze League Player
  • 35085 battles
  • [-W-W-] -W-W-

View PostGnevsie, on Sep 14 2017 - 01:42, said:

Uhm, no? - no to both options actually.

The physics are fine, utterly fine. They make the gameplay far more amusing at times and interesting. Such as https://clips.twitch...lessCougarFloof
Plus, being able to handbrake turn is pretty useful - no longer do we have tanks on rails, magically stuck to the ground, it also makes sure light tank drivers can't just ignore the terrain an pelt it at full throttle everywhere ( They still can to a degree, just gotta keep an eye out for them unexpected jumps! ) They actually have to think about the terrain.

The bloom is fine for the Sherry - after-all, it's a small light tank with a 152mm cannon strapped to it, it wont be pinpoint accurate on the move and we have to balance it in some manner, unless we want every tank in the game to be orbital cannons strapped to tracks with cloaking devices ... fu Strv's = 3= Fu.

As for the OP, learn to this one very complex trick, so complex it boggles the minds of the average player ... go around them an flank? 

You have no experience of these tanks according to your profile.

shoe123 #34 Posted Sep 18 2017 - 12:31

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27102 battles
  • [ASSA] ASSA
I don't care what happens to any tier ten light... but leave my 49 out of the conversation...

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users