High ping since merge is unacceptable - please revert to separate east/west servers

• Please log in to reply
31 replies to this topic

Darkbee2Bee #21 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 16:19

Major

• Players
  • 32022 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

View PostNacMacFeegle, on Aug 19 2017 - 20:27, said:

Please revert back to separate east and west servers immediately.

I can confirm: WG has noted your post and is jumping on your request immediately to ensure your personal satisfaction over and above any other customer.

Incidentally your very-recents are better than your so-so-recents so it's possible your feelz might be wrong and you're actually doing ok.

snowblindND #22 Posted Aug 28 2017 - 17:58

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 24163 battles

With Central, my ping is typically around 45 ms. On East, ping was about 80 and on West, about 120. Since the changeover, even the packet loss/lag went away.

Until last night. Tho my indicated frame rate, about 80 fps, and ping were good, the graphics were stuttering and the picture would freeze for up to 10 seconds periodically. First I checked Pingplotter which was running in the background. The path indicated the packet loss was occurring in my home network (ethernet connection). I checked Task Manager and it showed my hard disk running at 100% for long periods. I do not know if another program was the source of demand on the hard disk or Windows 10 was the culprit. In any event, other than Pingplotter and Task Manager, the only significant program running was Chrome. I closed Chrome, restarted WoT, monitored the hard disk operation until it calmed down and started playing the game. I had no further issues with lag spikes that evening.

YMMV

Good luck.

mamerts #23 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 20:24

Private

• Players
  • 27474 battles
High ping rate solved! Just repeatedly click on the central server prompt until it reloads and voila from initial 141 ms it goes down to around 52 ms. Im running on an 72.2 mbps wifi.

Blackstone #24 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 12:24

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9370 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View PostNacMacFeegle, on Aug 19 2017 - 20:27, said:

Before the server merge I was able to play with a ping between 30ms and 60ms. Since the server merge my ping varies between 88ms and 120ms, and it's affected gameplay significantly for me. I have lost several games due to lag spikes that prevented me from steering and sent me pinwheeling over cliffs. Please revert back to separate east and west servers immediately.

Not gonna happen.

Do what I did: Do the survey, send it in, and hopefully they'll fix these issues.

Blackstone #25 Posted Aug 30 2017 - 12:26

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 9370 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-

View Postmamerts, on Aug 29 2017 - 14:24, said:

High ping rate solved! Just repeatedly click on the central server prompt until it reloads and voila from initial 141 ms it goes down to around 52 ms. Im running on an 72.2 mbps wifi.

Hmmm...I'll give it a try.

It_IS_the_Rabbit #26 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 10:43

Private

• -Players-
  • 9590 battles

View PostIt_IS_the_Rabbit, on Aug 28 2017 - 08:01, said:

I found a fix for this problem and the equipment that keeps going missing from my garage since the server merge.

I uninstalled all the copies of WOT from all my computers.

Now I don't have these problems anymore.

Well,

I reinstalled WOT to see what 9.2 was like. 

Immediately noticed many items of equipment missing from many tanks.

The first day of the server merge, this happened.  The items where not just removed from the tanks and placed back into the armory.  They where not there.

I had opened a ticket on it and WOT support told me that all my items where there.  Nothing was missing.  That was an incorrect statement from them and I told them they where not correct.  The items where gone.

Then they asked to provide them with screenshots and a complete list of all the items I was missing (as if I had hard records for all those things).

This was unacceptable.  Almost every tank in my garage was missing one or two items and I have a lot of tanks.

I asked them why they had no way of letting us download a csv or spreadsheet snapshot of what is in our accounts each month (as there is no way for us to track these things- by design).

They said that could not be done for security reasons.

While this conversation was going on over a few days, all the missing items mysteriously re-appeared back on all my tanks in my garage.  As if something with the server merge got sorted out.  All this time WOT denied anything was missing at all.  Even when I watched them come back in front of my very eyes.

So I played but the lag was so bad that I just uninstalled at that point.

So now I reinstalled 9.2 and again items are missing from a lot of tanks and they are not in the armory.  Face Palm.

I didn't even bother to play a game.  I just turned off the computer.

I will give it a few days and try it again to see if the equipment shows back up and see if the lag is still there.

If it continues then I will uninstall again and write it off.

I will not waste my time with WOT support anymore on this. They don't seem to care or believe you and even if they did, their wanting individual photos of every tanks issues is just madness and frankly, unbelievable.

Edited by It_IS_the_Rabbit, Aug 31 2017 - 10:49.

FighterAce #27 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 10:55

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 22292 battles

View PostIt_IS_the_Rabbit, on Aug 31 2017 - 10:43, said:

Well,

I reinstalled WOT to see what 9.2 was like. 

Immediately noticed many items of equipment missing from many tanks.

The first day of the server merge, this happened.  The items where not just removed from the tanks and placed back into the armory.  They where not there.

What modpack are you using? If it contains XVM, it will automatically mount and demount equipment. You'll need to reinstall it for the correct game version so this works again.

Voodoo_Ranger #28 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 12:18

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 2890 battles
  • [MDRS] MDRS

View PostDead_Zombie, on Aug 20 2017 - 04:13, said:

I highly doubt ping is the blame for the loses..

You really look like a self righteous derper right there. If you can't help us or maybe at least reassure people the servers will stabilize why even bother contribute to this post? Just throwing your all mighty weight (LOOK AT HOW MANY BATTLES I HAVE) around? Nobody needs to hear that. Just stop Okay. The lag sucks plain and simple. Grow up and take your personal insults to 4 chan.

It_IS_the_Rabbit #29 Posted Aug 31 2017 - 12:36

Private

• -Players-
  • 9590 battles

View PostFighterAce, on Aug 31 2017 - 10:55, said:

What modpack are you using? If it contains XVM, it will automatically mount and demount equipment. You'll need to reinstall it for the correct game version so this works again.

Hey,

Well I did install QB's version 9.20 Modpack right after install was done.

I'll have to check into this.  Thank you for the info.  I had always kept up with the latest versions (that's the only mod I run).

But, I never saw any issues in the past with anything missing anywhere till this server merge,  so I naturally assumed it was something to do with the servers.

The first time it happened was literally the morning of the server change.

I'll play with it and see what happens.

Thanks again for the info-

Edited by It_IS_the_Rabbit, Aug 31 2017 - 12:37.

SgtScream #30 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 01:24

Private

• Players
  • 36685 battles
Same issue here!  I submitted a ticket and have been on a merry-go-round of "run the ping plotter, run their diagnostic tool, clear my router and some DOS work".  Its so freaken obvious it is the new server but they are making me jump through all these hoops.  At the end of this they are going to tell me, "well there is nothing we can do, it's not our server or your computer, it is the in between internet connection."  Same crap they told my before the West Servers where opened.  I'd gladly give up ranked battles or whatever for a playable game.  Come on War Gaming, take care of your customers!!!  Since West Server opened I've spent hundreds on premium time, tanks, gold.  I'll not spend another dime until I have a fair, playable game.  Super-disappointed!!!  (I run  clean game - no mods and still have screen freezes and lag outs where my tank goes of out of control, etc.)

black_colt #31 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 01:31

Major

• -Players-
  • 3370 battles

View PostNacMacFeegle, on Aug 19 2017 - 17:27, said:

Before the server merge I was able to play with a ping between 30ms and 60ms. Since the server merge my ping varies between 88ms and 120ms, and it's affected gameplay significantly for me. I have lost several games due to lag spikes that prevented me from steering and sent me pinwheeling over cliffs. Please revert back to separate east and west servers immediately.

I do not want Wargaming to revert back to two servers.

While I am experiencing higher ping than before - now approximately 75ms versus 50ms - [I live within 70km of the NA West Server] I do not experience wild fluctuations in-battle and the wait time to join a battle is significantly reduced so going back to two servers will adversely affect my current gaming experience.

Edited by black_colt, Sep 01 2017 - 01:32.

landedkiller #32 Posted Sep 01 2017 - 03:21

Captain

• -Players-
  • 7788 battles
The missing equipment is just another reason why I don't run mods , if I run any it is tank skins from Avalon or Mikyman

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users