na central server merge

• Please log in to reply
17 replies to this topic

Halonut24 #1 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 05:05

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 6266 battles
  • [CS7AO] CS7AO

So at first I was open to this server merge. Didn't think much of it. After a while of play on the new unified NA server, I'm not very impressed.

The NA West has a much more laid-back play style, while the NA East has a more "try-hard" style. Merging the two doesn't bode well, in my opinion. 

The first thing I noticed after the merge was the dramatic increase of gold shells being used. I played on the NA West before the merge, and gold shells were not nearly as prominent.

Seeing as the West had probably no more than 5,000 players at peak hours, and the East having easily more than double West's population, the larger "try-hard" populous mingles with the smaller "casual" crowd, and usually leads to some brutal defeats and frustrating game play. So, in my opinion, I kind of understand why they merged, but I don't think the merge has improved play experience much. Sure the faster queue times are nice and all, but the baggage that came with the mingling of the different play styles kind of cancels it out.

On the bright side though, they still can't fix the chat problem, so 3 more days of premium. Yay.

Themutt36 #2 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 05:38

Captain

• Players
  • 20462 battles

It is nice to hear the perspective of someone who normally played on the west server.  I normally played east.  Yes, like you I have noticed some differences in play style.  I knew there was a difference because I had 'strange games' when accidentally logging onto the west. 

Yes there is a LOT of gold/premium spamming on from the east, even in same tier matches.  Even shooting gold when they are top and you are bottom.  Huge waste of credits if you ask me.  Maybe there are just a lot trying to stat pad on east. (Yes, I know there is a time to use gold)

Battles are faster paced on east, more aggressive play style or aggressive players.  I would try to push on the west server then only too late see that I was the only one and got to see my tank go POOF!  And I don't really consider myself an aggressive player.

West seem to prefer passive scouting, east prefers active. 

It will take some time for things to even out and adjust to the new differences.  If the differences are this big here on the NA server, makes you wonder what it would be like to play on one of the others like the EU or SEA or RU.

Give it some time, we all will have to adjust to a degree, and hope this will get us all better matchmaking and better battles.

BigDollarBillz #3 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 06:15

Major

• Players
  • 38780 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Not that I'm a good player because I'm terrible. But I have noticed a lot more 42 percent and down players since the merge. I'm talking guys with 40 or 50k battles with a double digit wn8. Seeing guys in super heavies who refuse to go one box past the cap. It will take a while for people to get used to each others play style. But I like the 30 ping though.

Worland #4 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 06:32

Major

• Players
  • 16766 battles
The ping is not bad at all. I'm liking the larger population with the new match maker. Had mostly 2 tier spread games of 5/10. Only a few battles where I was deep bottom tier. But still, did okay.

Never had so many team killers and campers in my entire career on the East server. All our TDs bunching up in one  obvious TD spot, and of course they all get wrecked quick. Fragile TDs rushing up to the front line getting instantly vaporized. I got so frustrated with a couple of teams, I just yolo'd to get out of it. Bad on me. Will take time for me to adjust.

omi5cron #5 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 10:51

Major

• Players
  • 23925 battles
maybe this is what i have been seeing? more lemming trains and seem s to be more camping.however the teams are NOT east plyers vs west players,its all scrambled up.could be just a coincidence,just have to wait and see over time.

DeadlyPeanut #6 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 14:32

Corporal

• Beta Testers
  • 12408 battles
  • [AJSA] AJSA

Interesting perspective. The teams are a mix but I have noticed the battles play out slightly different now. And a lot of the times im looking at individual players and just yelling at them like what are you thinking, even more so now.

Camping and passive game play is much more prominent now. I saw a high tier match where a good portion of the team camped a whole flank, this was highly unusual on east it happens much more now.

I will take your word for gold spam, east does use a lot I have no idea what west did.

I dont want to say East players are better vs west but I would agree more trihard and take the game seriously and I imagine for a west player that is really unusual and maybe off-putting. Team chat has gotten a little more toxic even for east standards imo.

As for the ping personally I went from 30 ping to 50-60 , this is completely acceptable to me and almost never noticeable and the one time I noticed it it could have easily been other factors.

Gothraul #7 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 14:51

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
It would have done wonders if the casual crowd didn't have so many people with 44-47% win rates and didn't use xvm then it wouldn't be so bad, the demographics before the merge wasn't nice but after it is more brutal for everyone except for maybe some teals/blues/ and purples that can survive the focus.

shinglefoot #8 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 15:08

Major

• Players
  • 25072 battles
     I like it, ping isn't bad and I don't have to switch to platoon with friends. It was one server when I started and I wondered why two all along, our population doesn't justify more than one anyway.

lionheart1118 #9 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 16:58

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13543 battles
Yes we all have to deal with the terribads in West no need to remind us

lionheart1118 #10 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 17:00

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 13543 battles

View PostDeadlyPeanut, on Aug 20 2017 - 13:32, said:

Interesting perspective. The teams are a mix but I have noticed the battles play out slightly different now. And a lot of the times im looking at individual players and just yelling at them like what are you thinking, even more so now.

Camping and passive game play is much more prominent now. I saw a high tier match where a good portion of the team camped a whole flank, this was highly unusual on east it happens much more now.

I will take your word for gold spam, east does use a lot I have no idea what west did.

I dont want to say East players are better vs west but I would agree more trihard and take the game seriously and I imagine for a west player that is really unusual and maybe off-putting. Team chat has gotten a little more toxic even for east standards imo.

As for the ping personally I went from 30 ping to 50-60 , this is completely acceptable to me and almost never noticeable and the one time I noticed it it could have easily been other factors.

East was better than west that's why everyone I know played east to minimize the chance if getting absolute shutters. And I am feeling a huge difference. It doesn't help that the mm consistently puts greens and blues in the opposing team with my team being consisted of orange and reds.

I_QQ_4_U #11 Posted Aug 20 2017 - 18:10

Major

• -Players-
  • 23417 battles
 I never noticed a difference between East and West, don't see any difference now than before either.

7UpMustang #12 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 01:01

Sergeant

• Players
  • 8083 battles
just came back to see how things were after the merge and all i know is my connection to WGs servers is [edited]trash now. Before it was pretty stable with 25-40 ping and minimal spikes now its all over the damn place. 30-90 ping with spikes every 15-20 seconds, unplayable [edited]. As if I didnt already have enough reasons to not play the game now they add another one.

Asassian7 #13 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 04:12

Major

• Players
  • 25494 battles
  • [PETCO] PETCO

View PostThemutt36, on Aug 20 2017 - 16:38, said:

It is nice to hear the perspective of someone who normally played on the west server.  I normally played east.  Yes, like you I have noticed some differences in play style.  I knew there was a difference because I had 'strange games' when accidentally logging onto the west. 

Yes there is a LOT of gold/premium spamming on from the east, even in same tier matches.  Even shooting gold when they are top and you are bottom.  Huge waste of credits if you ask me.  Maybe there are just a lot trying to stat pad on east. (Yes, I know there is a time to use gold)

Battles are faster paced on east, more aggressive play style or aggressive players.  I would try to push on the west server then only too late see that I was the only one and got to see my tank go POOF!  And I don't really consider myself an aggressive player.

West seem to prefer passive scouting, east prefers active. 

It will take some time for things to even out and adjust to the new differences.  If the differences are this big here on the NA server, makes you wonder what it would be like to play on one of the others like the EU or SEA or RU.

Give it some time, we all will have to adjust to a degree, and hope this will get us all better matchmaking and better battles.

I played 95% of the time on west server...

the playstyles between servers are no different. East just has a worse playerbase (contrary to popular belief)

Gothraul #14 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 04:18

Major

• -Players-
  • 2426 battles
Well after playing around 200 battles this weekend and the connection has gotten worse over the past day to like how it was on East, doesn't help that there is more 46% and lower cancer swarming the teams so the hurr durr xvm rushes are even worse.

black_colt #15 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 04:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 4460 battles

View Post7UpMustang, on Aug 20 2017 - 16:01, said:

just came back to see how things were after the merge and all i know is my connection to WGs servers is [edited]trash now. Before it was pretty stable with 25-40 ping and minimal spikes now its all over the damn place. 30-90 ping with spikes every 15-20 seconds, unplayable [edited]. As if I didnt already have enough reasons to not play the game now they add another one.

So have you submitted the information requested in the Central Server Merge?

If not, I suggest you do - here is the URL for your convenience - http://www.surveygiz...l-Server-Survey

Major_General_Slaughter #16 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 05:15

Private

• -Players-
  • 8358 battles
  • [OCW] OCW
There are no differences between play-styles of east/west servers.  Its all in your head. 

foughtwolf #17 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 05:23

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10209 battles
  • [HCO] HCO

Certainly cant say Ive noticed a difference in playstyles before or now.

That said, I was really hoping the population boost would unscrew T8MM. Hasnt managed that I see. 

Shortcult #18 Posted Aug 21 2017 - 05:26

Major

• Players
  • 37752 battles
Yes, the West is where us scumbags hung out.  Happily we are infesting the East...

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users