Possible way to make those dreaded long loads on games go away.

13 replies to this topic

luckylithuanian #1 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 08:25

Private

• Players
  • 899 battles

So I and countless others have had extremely long loads that leave us sitting there waiting for the games to load while we watch the dreaded loading icon spin. I like many others who load faster (when we do) we want to help our teammates who are stuck in the load screen we bump or push the stuck teammate's tank often freeing up their long load wait. This has the overall effect most times (if our tanks are bigger than theirs) of kind of kick starting their loading process and like magic they come to life. Just like the bump can bring them to life hits from the other teams shells impacting the side of the AFK or inactive tank can have an equal end result and as we all who have loaded into a dead tank can attest to. Knowing from experience and to a tank with the life line at half the hits from the other teams tanks will make the loader open much faster than had they not shot us.

My thought is to have a timer on the game load and after a set length of time to kind of give our loader a defibrillation of sorts that either gives us a fake system generated bump as if from a much larger tank or fake (non hit point reducing) hit from another tank. That way the game gives us the push we need to get into the game much faster rather than relying on another teammate to help. I'll sit there for a long time waiting for the game to load when I know that I am in the green with a low ping and fast wifi so it can't always be any of those.

Any chance to see if the fake bump can be tested out to see if it might make a good addition to a future upgrade. I for one would be eternally grateful...  

johnmadara #2 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 10:15

Major

• Players
  • 31504 battles
what the [edited]am I reading

kebab6597 #3 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 10:18

Major

• Players
  • 52083 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Surely the long load times have more to do with sub par PC,s and bad internet connections than their tanks being caught in some kind of loading limbo

Rake #4 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 10:38

Major

• Players
  • 47616 battles
If you regularly have long load times, increase your RAM.

Firemoth #5 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 11:20

Major

• Players
  • 35369 battles
invest in a PC that is not a potato.

Viper69 #6 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 12:15

Major

• Players
  • 7425 battles
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
Download more ram, it's what I do. I also defrag my CD rom drive and turn the baud rate of my 56k modem to turbo setting. Trust me you won't be sorry if you do these 3 easy steps.

moon111 #7 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 13:05

Captain

• Players
  • 27178 battles

Or play on the European server?

LeaveIT2Beaver #8 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 13:06

Major

• -Players-
  • 28019 battles
  • [BRIG] BRIG

View Postluckylithuanian, on Aug 23 2017 - 02:25, said:

So I and countless others have had extremely long loads that leave us sitting there waiting for the games to load while we watch the dreaded loading icon spin. I like many others who load faster (when we do) we want to help our teammates who are stuck in the load screen we bump or push the stuck teammate's tank often freeing up their long load wait. This has the overall effect most times (if our tanks are bigger than theirs) of kind of kick starting their loading process and like magic they come to life. Just like the bump can bring them to life hits from the other teams shells impacting the side of the AFK or inactive tank can have an equal end result and as we all who have loaded into a dead tank can attest to. Knowing from experience and to a tank with the life line at half the hits from the other teams tanks will make the loader open much faster than had they not shot us.

My thought is to have a timer on the game load and after a set length of time to kind of give our loader a defibrillation of sorts that either gives us a fake system generated bump as if from a much larger tank or fake (non hit point reducing) hit from another tank. That way the game gives us the push we need to get into the game much faster rather than relying on another teammate to help. I'll sit there for a long time waiting for the game to load when I know that I am in the green with a low ping and fast wifi so it can't always be any of those.

Any chance to see if the fake bump can be tested out to see if it might make a good addition to a future upgrade. I for one would be eternally grateful...  

Darkbee2Bee #9 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 13:44

Major

• Players
  • 30952 battles
  • [-FG-] -FG-

I can tell you from experience that the long load times have nothing to do with people getting lost on the Internet and everything to do with having a sub-optimal PC.  I used to load into the game at the last possible second until I upgraded my hard disk drive.

No amount of ramming allies, to magically spring them into life is going to make up for them having a crap PC or sketchy Internet connection.

Blaze_terror #10 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 14:02

First lieutenant

• Players
  • 13153 battles
  • [-AK-] -AK-
SSD. Works wonders.  

luckylithuanian #11 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 04:55

Private

• Players
  • 899 battles

Unless you've tried bump starting a smaller tank (I have many times) don't dismiss the possibility. Additionally, I've seen it done hundreds of times by other players in games for a very long time and generally it works. I've seen groups of three tanks just sitting there and after a bump from me in the order I bump them they have become active. Just sharing what I have seen. Not saying all bumps work but those times I have noticed it not work the tank being bumped was larger than me.

As for my potato, it seems to have given me thousands of great games. I have played (using an external wifi adapter antenna) while camped out in my motorhome in Arizona catching free wifi from an RV park a half mile away on the other side of the Colorado river in California and been in the green with low ping for most games. Played countless times at locations across the west coast while full time RVing with mixed results due to available internet. Currently, I am in Vegas and the wifi router is only 20 feet away so it's surely not that. My laptop's ram is generally around 60ish percent while playing and the only time it gets me is when an auto update for another program should happen in the background. That said, it still gets me at times and to sit and wait while the game loads is a pain. I do become active at times when another tank bumps me like I have shared. Well, that or being hit by other tanks shells and my HP depleting. Please don't knock it unless you've experienced it. 

Rake #12 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 09:36

Major

• Players
  • 47616 battles

View PostViper69, on Aug 23 2017 - 06:15, said:

Download more ram, it's what I do. I also defrag my CD rom drive and turn the baud rate of my 56k modem to turbo setting. Trust me you won't be sorry if you do these 3 easy steps.

Except the fact that you don't really download RAM, given it's a physical thing.

MacDaddyMatty #13 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 12:46

Major

• -Players-
  • 15780 battles

View PostRake, on Aug 24 2017 - 03:36, said:

Except the fact that you don't really download RAM, given it's a physical thing.

Its a joke.

All the suggestions are impossibles.

Gamma_383 #14 Posted Aug 26 2017 - 22:30

Staff sergeant

• Players
  • 27900 battles
  • [-KKT-] -KKT-

game was working fine last week they need to fix the server

Reply to this topic

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users