spotting damage

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

Loveclark #1 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 14:34

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 14760 battles
  • [MCRD] MCRD
I am the first one out in the middle or where ever and hide in a bush to do spotting and I lite up enemy players and my team mates shot them but I don't get the spotting damage for them can you tell me what maybe going wrong or do I need to run around like a chicken with my head cut off to get my spotting damage

Fulcrous___O_OII #2 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 14:41

Corporal

• -Players-
  • 71 battles
  • [E-50M] E-50M

If there is a tank with more View Range than you, (another light) they will get the spotting damage. You need to see the notification "Spotted (Tank Name)" and you'll see "Assist Damage (Tank Name)"

ThePigSheFlies #3 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 59075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

more specifics would be needed to answer that, but more than likely someone else is actually spotting them.

as for "running around like a chicken with your head cut off" - no, that is not how active spotting is done either, and the fact that you asked that question makes me really wonder how little you do know about running LTs.

upload some replays, or at least a heat map showing where you went and when if you want a better answer.

else you can always search wotreplays or vbaddict for replays on the map you're struggling with to find out how other people are getting high spotting assist battles.

uberdice #4 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 14:42

Major

• Players
  • 22549 battles
Post a replay so we can tell you what you're doing wrong.

Desert_Fox_1969 #5 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 15:03

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 17626 battles
  • [TAC-D] TAC-D
Very likely another scout spotted them before you. 

Hellsfog #6 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 15:32

Major

• Players
  • 30515 battles
  • [WONKA] WONKA

I assume we are talking about your chaffee since it is your most played tank. The chaffee has good view range for it's tier so spotting shouldn't be a problem. With these two facts in mind,

1. What equipment are you running? vents, optics, binocs?

2. Is your crew at 100%? Please say it is.

3. What crew skill/perks are you using? Situational awareness, recon?

4. Not all bushes are the same. Are you setting up where you can spot the enemy and your team can shoot them?

5. What other tanks are in the area who may be spotting instead of you?

A replay would be helpful in answering the last two.  Even if we aren't talking about the chaffee, the same questions would apply to other scouts. 

PunCzarBlintz #7 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 16:00

Major

• Players
  • 68582 battles
  • [4HIM] 4HIM

You have to sit in the right bush.

The enemy team has to go where you are spotting.

Your team has to cooperate.

When all three elements come together, you get a high pay off in spotting damage.

Lose one element,  and it falls apart.

roestreyev #8 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 16:04

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 26626 battles
  • [SKORP] SKORP
You get spotting damages if your ally doing the damages doesn't have enough view range to see that target for himself. If there are 2 of you spotting target, you'll get half the spotting damages.

Plays_With_Matches #9 Posted Aug 23 2017 - 16:51

Major

• Players
  • 24666 battles
  • [GUNS6] GUNS6
You will only get spotting damage for damage dealt by your team mates that can not spot for themselves. For example if there is a TD sitting behind you dishing out damage and the enemy is beyond his view range someone else will get the credit for the spotting. However if multiple tanks are spotting the spotting damage will be divided among the tanks spotting.

oldewolfe #10 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 17:05

Captain

• -Players-
  • 10771 battles
  • [1STBN] 1STBN

I get most of my Spotting Damage by being in the Wrong Place at the Right Time.....     

I haven't Played a Scout Live since my MT25, and that didn't go well.....       On the Test Server, I have played the T49, RU251, and the T100LT.....     But that's about it, most of my Spotting/Assist Damage is in mostly Mediums and Heavies.....

I think my Best Game for Spotting Damage was in my Centurion Mk I at almost 3K Spotting and just over 1K on my own....

ThePigSheFlies #11 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 18:10

Major

• Players
  • 59075 battles
  • [SIMP] SIMP

View Postoldewolfe, on Aug 24 2017 - 11:05, said:

I get most of my Spotting Damage by being in the Wrong Place at the Right Time.....     

I haven't Played a Scout Live since my MT25, and that didn't go well.....       On the Test Server, I have played the T49, RU251, and the T100LT.....     But that's about it, most of my Spotting/Assist Damage is in mostly Mediums and Heavies.....

I think my Best Game for Spotting Damage was in my Centurion Mk I at almost 3K Spotting and just over 1K on my own....

most people can't play all classes equally well.  I struggle a bit in TDs and Heavies, because I find them boring.  

As for racking up spotting assist.

• My best so far was 13k assist in the 1390 when it was a tier 8 - early passive, then mid/late game active
  • My best in a tier 7 was right around 10k in the T71 when it saw tier 10s - all active scouting and damage dealing on prok
  • My best in a tier 6, was 11k assist in the Type 64 - when it saw tier 9s.  all passive.  my team base camped maliknova, and so did theirs
  • My best in a tier 5 was 10k assist in the old T-50-2 when it saw tier 10s, and long before wargaming thought about giving us the MegaTurd25™  I had multiple games in the old Chaffee and old ELC over 8k assist over the years.

MayhemUndyTkr #12 Posted Sep 13 2017 - 16:02

Sergeant

• Players
  • 34899 battles
Again, replay lets everyone see what you are doing well or poorly, but something I have noticed many LT players do, is run out to a good "spot" or "bush", that has no Line of Sight.  You may be closest to the enemy, and may have gotten there first, and cammo'ed up, and binocs up, but there is a ROCK in front of you... or a hill..., or a building...  Sometimes LT players will get set in their ways and have their "spots" that they go to, even if another scout with better vision, higher tier, better view of the field is in the same area.  I call it "Double Scouting" (sometimes triple..)  Communicate your intentions with the team, ask the other scout where they intend to go, do not vie for your "spot".  Be sure to be flexible and in an area where YOU can be beneficial to your team.  Even if Pig "stole" your bush...  Go find a place to help the other flank...  Something that has helped my LT play...  Stop in the bush 3 seconds before the bush you think you should be in.  Be CERTAIN you have LOS...  Get YOUR camo/binocs up while the enemy is moving, and you are still...

Also tagged with spotting damage

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users