server merge lag ping

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

IShootRaw #1 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 05:22

Corporal

• Players
  • 13142 battles
  • [_TBS_] _TBS_

So before the merge I played with around 200-250 ping yes thats high but thats the best I could do so the game was just playable...but now since the server merge started this is whats happened.

Game fails to launch about 30% of the time

takes 5-7 min to launch the game when it does work 

It takes around 25-35 sec to load into a game now

My Ping bounces around 80-350 it moves like a freaking yo-yo 

But the worst part about the merge is the rubber band effect is Extreme! I love my Scouts especially my AMX ELC and its very hard to scout when im 15 km from the enemy and my my tank freezes on my screen for a good 3-20 seconds and I make an easy shot or when im peeking a corner and the rubber band effect kicks in and I have no Idea if My tank went to far up or what happened and by the time my game is back to normal im dead.... and when I dont have the looooooong rubber band effect its 1/2-1 sec ones every like 5-10 sec. I have driven off bridges and drowned so many times because I cant steer with latency and rubber bands every few sec. 

I recently came back to the game from like a 3 year break and I remember the good old days and wow do I miss them and the old servers. I live in Reno, NV so I played on the West coast and before the merge I never had these problems except the high Ping but I could deal with that but the rubber band effect is killing me and makes this game un playable 

BigDollarBillz #2 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 05:33

Major

• Players
  • 36196 battles
  • [SBW] SBW
Just going to take a while for people to get used to play together again. I found that mods was creating a lot of my rubber banding. Not saying that you're running mods. I also wiped anything out that had to do with WOT and done a total clean reinstall. Have you ran ping plotter to see where you're losing packets as well?

IShootRaw #3 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 06:01

Corporal

• Players
  • 13142 battles
  • [_TBS_] _TBS_

View PostBigDollarBillz, on Aug 23 2017 - 21:33, said:

Just going to take a while for people to get used to play together again. I found that mods was creating a lot of my rubber banding. Not saying that you're running mods. I also wiped anything out that had to do with WOT and done a total clean reinstall. Have you ran ping plotter to see where you're losing packets as well?

Ive ran ping plotter and im not able to read it well but when there is an inch wide red bar showing up and several 1/4-1/2 inch red bars showing when im lagging is im taking as a bad sign I do have mods but ive had them for a while and never had a problem with them

wkcw1 #4 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 06:53

Staff sergeant

• -Players-
  • 14086 battles
  • [GGNKR] GGNKR
Turn off your Wargaming center when you play WOT. Somebody of us including me have experienced lag spikes when it is loaded.

IShootRaw #5 Posted Aug 24 2017 - 07:02

Corporal

• Players
  • 13142 battles
  • [_TBS_] _TBS_

View Postwkcw1, on Aug 23 2017 - 22:53, said:

Turn off your Wargaming center when you play WOT. Somebody of us including me have experienced lag spikes when it is loaded.

Yeah I already do that and it makes no difference for me

OldMasterKingCrowSir #6 Posted Feb 05 2018 - 09:08

Private

• Players
  • 26866 battles
Yep, I'm in the same boat. After the New Years special my ping has been above 300 every game, even when the game shows two green bars. I'm on the west btw. 

Muhajai #7 Posted Mar 15 2018 - 19:09

Sergeant

• Players
  • 31650 battles
  • [ANVIL] ANVIL

my ping usually runs around 50ms with new server merge which is alot better than the 180-220ms I played on from beta till the merge.  I like new central server since I live in rural midwest america.

I noticed other night after logging on for strongholds and finding alot of teams up. my ping was 300-400 since randomly I am placed on latam server.  I abruptly reconnected to the central NA server and was astonished to find the same teams up.

so after joining a stronghold and while waiting for team to build up for play. I tested by closing game and relogging  onto the latam server still in same team and only higher ping I realized that wg is merging latam server with na server for battles.

and now I fully understand why sometimes in battles I have random super high ping spikes 400-600ms which makes the game unplayable. I believe now this has been going on for a long time.

wg can you confirm or deny?  that you have merged battles on latam server with NA server to compensate for low server populations    

Tahllol #8 Posted Mar 16 2018 - 00:51

First lieutenant

• -Players-
  • 10216 battles
I would switch internet providers, since I'm in BFE Alaska and rarely go above 125 ping

Also tagged with server merge, lag, ping

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users