Jump to content


Majority of Clans Left Out

Letter to Wargaming

  • Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

letsdance #1 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 03:42

    Private

  • Players
  • 4617 battles
  • 3
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

Hello. First of all would like to thank WG for WOT. Have been playing it since beta. Can pretty much say that I am addicted to the game. I am the commander of Reckless Onslaught. Reckless Onslaught came in number 2 on the tier 8 clan war map last season.

 

Ok with that said. With this new clan wars setup it has decimated RO. The former commander and many players have left the clan to find homes with clans that can be competitive on the tier 10 clan wars map.

 

Now, with no tier 8 or tier 6 clan wars RO, which just recently was a vibrant clan, is left to strongholds and platooning. This new setup is severely harming the clan which as you know, has taken a lot of work to build. I am doing what I can to stop the drop in the players from RO but has proven to be futile.

 

With the setup that Wot now has regarding clan wars. How many clans are participating on the global map? 30? How many clans are in Wot? Thousands? I have been talking with other commanders of clans on RO's level and they are running into the same issue that we have.

 

There has got to be a better way than excluding so many clans that are involved with Wot.

Let the super clans have the tier 10 map. Have the different levels so clans can work towards the higher tier of clan wars. Base the participation on a global map by the clans over all rating. So the super clans cant go seal clubbing in the lower levels of the global map. Last season having the different levels was awesome. We dabbled on the Tier 10 map, but found overall, that we were not ready for that level of play. Not saying one day we wont, but to tear apart what takes so long to build to make 30 clans happy is just not good business.

 

In the real world, sports teams have different levels for different levels of skill. So a clan isn't ready for AAA but is competitive on AA? And newer players can join A clans, so they feel like they too can belong to the Wot experience.

 

I am just severely disappointed with this new season. I will continue to try to hold together what has taken over 2 years to build in hopes of a better next clan wars season. But, at the failure of repeating myself, this new clan wars season has pretty much gutted RO.  

 

Thank you for your time

 

Letsdance   



Bsan77 #2 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 03:46

    Captain

  • Players
  • 12878 battles
  • 1,000
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    07-07-2013

View Postletsdance, on Aug 24 2017 - 20:42, said:

Have the different levels so clans can work towards the higher tier of clan wars. 

Problem with that is that no one did that. They just sat at tier 6/8 and farmed. There's plenty of opportunity to fight on the global map now, and that's the only way you're ever going to get better. Complaining on the forums doesn't really help your cause at all.



NeroGermanicus #3 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:29

    First lieutenant

  • -Players-
  • 37286 battles
  • 999
  • [HAX] HAX
  • Member since:
    09-03-2014
Just another way that WG gives back to those who pay the most $$ to them. I liked clan wars, only got to play it one year. Sad to see it given over to the top players and exclude everyone else. As for the 6 and 8's being farmed, we rarely came across clans that were really good. Most were just average to below average.

LordSerb #4 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:32

    Major

  • Players
  • 7736 battles
  • 2,402
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

                    Exclusive photo of tier 6 clanwar callers

 



_MrSour_ #5 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:32

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16201 battles
  • 64
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013
Shame on good players for making clans with each other and wanting to win SHAME ON YOU!!!

letsdance #6 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:36

    Private

  • Players
  • 4617 battles
  • 3
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011
Figured that clan would show it's IQ level. Was wondering when they would chime in. 

Al_Scarface_Capone_ #7 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:43

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 29210 battles
  • 760
  • [HAVOK] HAVOK
  • Member since:
    04-10-2011

View Postletsdance, on Aug 24 2017 - 20:36, said:

Figured that clan would show it's IQ level. Was wondering when they would chime in. 

Never said a word, it was graciously provided by Bsan :rolleyes: 

View PostBsan77, on Aug 24 2017 - 19:46, said:

Problem with that is that no one did that. They just sat at tier 6/8 and farmed. There's plenty of opportunity to fight on the global map now, and that's the only way you're ever going to get better. Complaining on the forums doesn't really help your cause at all.

 



_MrSour_ #8 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 04:48

    Corporal

  • Players
  • 16201 battles
  • 64
  • [FUSON] FUSON
  • Member since:
    11-11-2013

i have a solution, get better join tier 10 map. Im just so smart aren't I?



raymee101 #9 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:06

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52634 battles
  • 135
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012
yeah you cant really bring it up on here without those same guys coming on and yapping about tier 10 being all that matters.  Nothing original from them ever, just same old tier 10 is all there is spam.  At any rate im sorry to hear you guys are having those troubles, we had a great time battling you guys for top spot at tier 8 last season, much respect there.  Get ahold of me in game, maybe something we can work out for time being if you are interested.  

letsdance #10 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:07

    Private

  • Players
  • 4617 battles
  • 3
  • [-R-O-] -R-O-
  • Member since:
    07-29-2011

Just love you Havoc guys. Bsan77, from OTTER has a valid point. And voiced it in a respectful manner. I guess that is why they are more of  the RESPECTED clan. 

 



BigDollarBillz #11 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:18

    Captain

  • Players
  • 33885 battles
  • 1,748
  • [SBW] SBW
  • Member since:
    08-28-2011
SBW is no where near a top clan. But yet we are making plenty of gold, just doing the clan task. What did all these clans do, back when CW was just tier 10? CW should be end game content in my opinion. If people ditched you guys to join a clan they could win right off, then they weren't really in it for the rest of you guys. As you know there are numerous landing tournaments on the map. Don't worry about taking land and holding it. Just get in there and have some fun. Best of luck to you guys.

raymee101 #12 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:25

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 52634 battles
  • 135
  • [CARTL] CARTL
  • Member since:
    09-06-2012
yeah there is a ton of gold to be made, we made over 30k gold the first week from tasks and the bonus, not huge, but still decent.  And we were not even that active, hoping to ramp it up soon.

LordSerb #13 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:26

    Major

  • Players
  • 7736 battles
  • 2,402
  • [OTTER] OTTER
  • Member since:
    09-18-2013

View Postletsdance, on Aug 24 2017 - 23:07, said:

Just love you Havoc guys. Bsan77, from OTTER has a valid point. And voiced it in a respectful manner. I guess that is why they are more of  the RESPECTED clan. 

 

 



mojave #14 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:38

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 22257 battles
  • 198
  • [RELIC] RELIC
  • Member since:
    05-27-2011
The new map returns the natural flow of players. Right now you have players striving to move up to competitive clans. You stated this in your post as evidence. We are seeing a return of clans that didnt exist previously in the mid range section. (2300-2800 wn8). This is at the expense of less skilled clans(1400-2000 wn8). While this seems like a negative the reality is there are far more players at that level that can support that expansion. One clans death at the top level is equivalent to the effort of 10 clans deaths at the lower levels. Basically clan wars being one front returned the progression of players moving up. Clans can move up players move up far faster and frequently and therefore this is a better system.

SilentPOH #15 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 05:51

    Staff sergeant

  • Players
  • 33057 battles
  • 283
  • [HARM] HARM
  • Member since:
    09-12-2011

View Postletsdance, on Aug 24 2017 - 21:42, said:

Hello. First of all would like to thank WG for WOT. Have been playing it since beta. Can pretty much say that I am addicted to the game. I am the commander of Reckless Onslaught. Reckless Onslaught came in number 2 on the tier 8 clan war map last season.

 

Ok with that said. With this new clan wars setup it has decimated RO. The former commander and many players have left the clan to find homes with clans that can be competitive on the tier 10 clan wars map.

 

Now, with no tier 8 or tier 6 clan wars RO, which just recently was a vibrant clan, is left to strongholds and platooning. This new setup is severely harming the clan which as you know, has taken a lot of work to build. I am doing what I can to stop the drop in the players from RO but has proven to be futile.

 

With the setup that Wot now has regarding clan wars. How many clans are participating on the global map? 30? How many clans are in Wot? Thousands? I have been talking with other commanders of clans on RO's level and they are running into the same issue that we have.

 

There has got to be a better way than excluding so many clans that are involved with Wot.

Let the super clans have the tier 10 map. Have the different levels so clans can work towards the higher tier of clan wars. Base the participation on a global map by the clans over all rating. So the super clans cant go seal clubbing in the lower levels of the global map. Last season having the different levels was awesome. We dabbled on the Tier 10 map, but found overall, that we were not ready for that level of play. Not saying one day we wont, but to tear apart what takes so long to build to make 30 clans happy is just not good business.

 

In the real world, sports teams have different levels for different levels of skill. So a clan isn't ready for AAA but is competitive on AA? And newer players can join A clans, so they feel like they too can belong to the Wot experience.

 

I am just severely disappointed with this new season. I will continue to try to hold together what has taken over 2 years to build in hopes of a better next clan wars season. But, at the failure of repeating myself, this new clan wars season has pretty much gutted RO.  

 

Thank you for your time

 

Letsdance   

 

I have to disagree with you on clan wars as a whole.  Going back to 10's with tank locking is in reality a good thing.  Other-wise all you have is the same team playing the same tanks night after night.  You have just over 4k battles and only 1 tier 10 tank... you in my honest opinion should not be doing clan wars.  I am not trying to bash you, but you really just opened your wallet (premiem tier 8's) to do clan wars last season.  End game content should be earned and not paid for.  Get out there and earn more tier tens and then come back to clan wars.

Ken_McGuire #16 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 06:16

    Captain

  • Players
  • 25848 battles
  • 1,294
  • [O-VER] O-VER
  • Member since:
    12-21-2012

In my opinion:

1) It was communicated badly. It would have been nice to at least have a grinding weekend after the announcement that it was tier 10 only before it started.

2) I wish tier 10 clan wars let you bring any tank you wanted. This can let people learn a bit in tier 9's against 10.

3) While I understand that tank locking can be an important part of strategy, it probably would have been a good thing to not change both the levels at which clan wars is offered AND re-introducing tank locking in the same season.

 

That all said, having a bit of variety between the clan wars seasons is a GOOD thing. And having it as tier 10 only re-emphasizes the value of tier 10 tanks as end-game content. And again, encouraging players to actually finish tank lines is a GOOD thing. Having all clans play at least potentially lets players - and clans - experience how good some people can be at this game - generally without cheats. And again, this is a GOOD thing. Some of the more experienced tier 10 clan wars players have been generous with dropping by on alts to help some less experienced ones. This is also a GOOD thing.

 

That is a fair amount of Good. Certainly enough to experiment with the rules like they have for this season...



MacDaddyMatty #17 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 12:19

    Major

  • -Players-
  • 15669 battles
  • 2,784
  • [D-DAY] D-DAY
  • Member since:
    10-07-2016

View PostBsan77, on Aug 24 2017 - 21:46, said:

Problem with that is that no one did that. They just sat at tier 6/8 and farmed. There's plenty of opportunity to fight on the global map now, and that's the only way you're ever going to get better. Complaining on the forums doesn't really help your cause at all.

 

 

 

View PostMacDaddyMatty, on Aug 10 2017 - 18:41, said:

Dew WG:
I am writing to voice my frustration at your decision to make CW season 6 tier 10 only.

Since season 5 ended our clans (D-DAY and HHOUR) have been working with our members and hyping the Clan Wars. Then WITH ONLY 2 days NOTICE to the start of CW, you announce it will be tier 10 only.

This is crushingly disappointing for all our members you have disenfranchised as they do not have tier 10 tanks.

If this announcement had been made a month ago, we could have worked to try to get our members prepared. Now it is too late and neither clan will be participating. 

IMHO, if the issue was WG and clans not being happy about "big clans playing in the small pond" of tier 6 and 8, WG had many better options than to restrict to tier 10 only.

* A much better approach would have been to make the rewards meet the tier.
- Very little for 6
- A little more for 8.
- A lot for 10.

* Alternatively, WG could look at the Clan PR and scale reward to meet that.
- A big Clan PR (5D, G) would get no reward at tier 6.
- A small Clan PR (HHOUR, XILES) would get a reward worth doing the tier 6 CW.

*** Either of these would encourage all clans to participate at their level and be excellent training for the smaller clans to work their way up in the future.


Instead with restrictive participation and no viable notice to react, WG has made season 6 unavailable to our 100+ members.

~MacDaddyMatty
 
 
 
 
REOPENCLOSE

Replies

Matthew Bae 

Dear MacDaddyMatty,

Thank you for contacting us.

We are very sorry with these tier X changes to Clan wars this season. We appreciate players like you who want to share your ideas and suggestions with us. Having a community of passionate players is something that we highly value.

We have compiled the feedback you have given us about the tier X shift and submitted it to the Development Team for further consideration.

Thank you again for bringing this to us and we hope you will continue to love World of Tanks.

Happy Tanking!

You can always check your ticket status by logging into our Support Portal: https://na.wargaming.net/support/

 



pmdanie96 #18 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 16:27

    First lieutenant

  • Players
  • 36939 battles
  • 621
  • [_F_] _F_
  • Member since:
    04-23-2013

OK, I have been playing several years in Clan Wars now. This is probably the most competitive evenly matched season I can remember in all honesty. I remember fighting for scraps in the Arctic circle, absurd tank locking times and having to diplo like crazy to stay on the map.

 

WG has actually done a pretty good job of meeting the needs of the players in CW over the years. Most of the reason Tier 6 and 8 are going is a combination of higher end clans abusing the system (staying on a tier they had grown out of) and WG having made those sections of the map too big. Those clans that refuse to play the game as WG intended by moving up as they improved, really screwed the lower tiers up for everyone. RO did a nice job at tier 8, yes. However, you guys could have competed at tie X and IMO should have been there.

 

WG now goes back to tier X, which is the whole point of end game content an CW. They bring back tank locking (THANK YOU) but shorten the time tanks are locked, which allows smaller clans with limited tier X's more chances to be active. I remember locking my tanks for a week, now its 3 days. The increase the size of the map from last season (yes, it still needs to be bigger) and they offset a bunch of battle times in each zone so you can hit multiple times in an hour. While WG has made it all tier X again, they really have done a lot here to let everyone play while not making CW a mockery again. They really are looking at the big picture again. Kudos to them.



flatstiger69 #19 Posted Aug 25 2017 - 16:41

    Major

  • Players
  • 51094 battles
  • 2,573
  • [TEXAS] TEXAS
  • Member since:
    03-08-2011

Personally. I think the LOOOOOONG gap between seasons has hurt my clan more then anything. How long was it? 4 months I think.

   and WoT dose not like to give any advance notice on what's coming up either, leaving everyone guessing on what's next. 

    It's kind of hard to keep people interested with nothing to do besides strongholds.



Horst_von_Usedom #20 Posted Aug 29 2017 - 18:18

    Sergeant

  • Players
  • 44320 battles
  • 151
  • [PZRGD] PZRGD
  • Member since:
    01-27-2013
Outstanding suggestion!  I love this game as well, but Wargaming has proven to be very discriminating in their support of the most successful clans and players. If a player or a clan is successful, terrific, but don't change the game to show preference. The PGA doesn't change its rules for Tiger Woods. Everyone has an equal opportunity to enjoy the game and be successful. This problem with clan wars is yet another example of the poor ethics of Wargaming management. 




1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users